1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

First Gen Related Social Media

Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Gen Related Social Media

First of all, I love this website and believe it to be THE place to get good accurate info. I also have grown fond of social media, like Facebook. I noticed there is a place on our forums for DTR Facebook, and I have "liked" them. However, there seems to be hardly any activity. I have joined a few diesel related groups. It seems like these groups are quickly over run by morons posting all kinds of ridiculous stuff. Many are just plain immature. I have found one First Gen related group that I can sorta tolerate. But the admin for it also seems to pay little attention. If you know of a good First Gen related Facebook group, PM me. Otherwise, I have one ready to go. It just needs members. I am so sick of the other groups! I will be the admin and quickly remove those who can't be respectful. PM me if interested in my page.
Sorry, for the rant. I just find social media a good way to quickly share photos and event info. I also find that some disrespectful, immature weasel frequently ruins it for all.

If DTR decides to expand their Facebook stuff, I am willing to help!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
I am the opposite. I don't even have a smart phone. facebook gets too cluttered up to follow what people are doing if you don't have the time to be there constantly.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 AM

I understand mknittle. I avoided social media until recently. I agree, a website like this is much easier to follow things like build threads and technical posts. You can do facebook on your PC just like on a smart phone. Just seeing if anyone here participated or was interested.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 AM

I know there are a lot of people that like it.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I have been personally fuddled up badly by trolls on face book picking up o n something that's none of their business and getting after me.

And I don't even have a face book page. This came from a friend trying to help posting information on their page.

I countered for some time with a face book page, and found the editing policies to be ridiculous, for instance someone would post a totally self mutilating argument, which I loved because it proved my point(s) without any effort. However, they were allowed to delete it when they discovered that they had shot themselves in the foot.

Not me, don't waste your time.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:14 AM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
I started a FB page and people that I wasn't looking for quickly found me, like my crackhead sister who only ever called when she needed me to bail her out of jail. No thanks. I'm an old school kinda guy. I like my race cars naturally aspirated and carbureted and my diesels mechanically injected.

I use my phone to make phone calls but I have conceded to the 20th century somewhat in that I also text.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 AM

I don't even own a television. haven't for years. I find without it I get more done. until recently that is.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Facebook Isn't that intertnet thing that users have oodles of fake friends that they've never seen or meet? And dont know any real friends?

I kind of feel sorry for them people but they made their own bed.
Hopefully they remember to wash the sheets in between talking to their fake friends.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
Now that you mentioned washing the sheets that reminds me, mine are getting crunchy.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:41 PM

1st gen dodge diesel can be hit or miss but its ok once a few troll got banned.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Are we talking about facebook or fakeboobs ?

You won't get me to even look at the first one, but the second one???

I'm all in.............. if that's what this is about.....
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Are we talking about facebook or fakeboobs ?

You won't get me to even look at the first one, but the second one???

I'm all in.............. if that's what this is about.....

There are plenty of fake ***** on facebook.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:48 PM

And I thought I has being an ornery old fart. looks like I am in good company.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Most of what I've seen amounts to a For Sale/Want Ad billboard.

Rare meaningful conversation.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 PM

You all point out some of the issues with social media. My only "friends" are my true friends and acquaintances. All people I know well.
I hate when people start advertising non page related stuff for sale. That would be deleted!
I love websites like this one. They are well cared for by the admins. That really makes for a quality user experience.
I am attempting to create a quality environment in social media, because I haven't found exactly what I want there. I avoided it until recent years, and found some benefits to it. It can be really annoying too! You just have to navigate it carefully. I will drop the topic. I was just seeing if anyone here had an a good social media option I hadn't seen yet. Thanks for the input. Hopefully I will be posting some new stuff here soon. I have started ordering some parts and sheet metal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Gen Related Social Media