3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004.5-2005 Quadzilla Customers Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2004.5-2005 Quadzilla Customers Please Read!

For those of you that have our XZillaraider modules installed on 2004.5-2005 trucks we have an update. This is not an update that everyone will need so not everyone needs to jump in on this right now.

The first thing we want to do is take a handful of people with the issues listed below and make sure that we have the little issues completely exterminated.

What the fix is for:

Surging - especially at speeds above 75-80mph.
"Missing"- For people that felt they had a miss on the highway or with a load.
Codes 0251 & 0148 that are not legitimate.
Codes 0237,0234, 0192 that are not legitimate.

This appears to have fixed some of the CB issues, but we have a different fix we are working on for that. I am not sure why this fixes the CB problem, but on the local vehicles it seems to have stopped that gremlin as well.

If there is any problems that are not listed above please let me know because the update will most likely fix it.

For now if you have these problems and are willing to give us some feedback before we tell everyone to send the modules in, please send me a message on here. In the message tell me what you had for a problem and the details of your truck. I am only going to do a handful at first because I do not want to waste peoples time unless these things are 100% cured.

If you send me a message and do not get a responce, don't get mad. You may not have sent the message fast enough or we may have already had several with your symptoms. We want to spread this out amongst as many different things as we can.

Also if you have or have had a downloader installed we cannot guarantee that this fix will help anything. We have worked with some people on the issues with a downloader and there are just too many things that do not get returned to stock. Once we have the above issues resolved we will work on something with the downloaders.

We are always working on things to make our product better. OUR 2006 stuff is out and works flawlessly. We applied the things we learned on the 2006 truck to the 2004.5-2005 trucks and so far they have fixed problems in every instance that we have tried.

We apologize for the inconvenience that a few of you have faced, but we will take care of them

Thanks,

Quad
Old 11-21-2005, 03:23 PM

Well alright! This is my kind of customer service! Are you finding that some of the issues that were attributed to the wiring harness are actually the module's issue?

Walt_Mink
Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM

Nope, we are figuiring out why the got rid of the data port in the engine compartment though.

Evidentally it is a noisy little devil.

Quad
Old 11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned

Question

If that is the case why didn't your engineer's filter the noise out of the data link signal in the first place?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:43 PM

On the bus you should ask for messages. There should not be a noise issue.

The other things we found are that the bus is S L O W and that the real time date is semi-useless.

I am sure that if you are engineer looking for work that my guys would love to work with you.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CTDHokie
If that is the case why didn't your engineer's filter the noise out of the data link signal in the first place?
First of all - Go Hokies! Vawter Hall, I miss you not.

Second - data noise isn't an easy thing to identify and filtering out noise is just about impossible. I find those sorts of issues in the computer world everyday. I'm just glad hes doing something about it.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Red face

The can-bus these truck's use is supposed to be a pretty noise immune protocol when properly implemented. There is lots of error checking built in the protocol from what I have read on the topic.

Go Hokies Go! UNC better watch out!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:59 PM

52-14 w00t!

ERC is all good, but too much noise will kill just about anything.

Last edited by walt_mink; 11-21-2005 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Score was wrong ... d'oh.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned

you got a pm zilla
Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got another pm zilla
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 AM

hey Quad,
I have my std box on the workbench waiting to be installed...I'll keep an eye on this post to see if I need to send it in before I install it on my '05.

IF there is a recall, will it be by Quad box production date/serial number or a general recall for updates on all 4.5 and 05s to date?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:39 PM

I would say put it on and enjoy it. Most of the problems are isolated and only a small percentage of the customers ever have any issues. We just want to do our best to make things perfect.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:39 PM

I have noticed a miss

I have notice a mis at times on the freeway and called it in a few months back. This was at speeds between 50 and 65 I think if I remember.

Originally Posted by qzilla
For those of you that have our XZillaraider modules installed on 2004.5-2005 trucks we have an update. This is not an update that everyone will need so not everyone needs to jump in on this right now.

The first thing we want to do is take a handful of people with the issues listed below and make sure that we have the little issues completely exterminated.

What the fix is for:

Surging - especially at speeds above 75-80mph.
"Missing"- For people that felt they had a miss on the highway or with a load.
Codes 0251 & 0148 that are not legitimate.
Codes 0237,0234, 0192 that are not legitimate.

This appears to have fixed some of the CB issues, but we have a different fix we are working on for that. I am not sure why this fixes the CB problem, but on the local vehicles it seems to have stopped that gremlin as well.

If there is any problems that are not listed above please let me know because the update will most likely fix it.

For now if you have these problems and are willing to give us some feedback before we tell everyone to send the modules in, please send me a message on here. In the message tell me what you had for a problem and the details of your truck. I am only going to do a handful at first because I do not want to waste peoples time unless these things are 100% cured.

If you send me a message and do not get a responce, don't get mad. You may not have sent the message fast enough or we may have already had several with your symptoms. We want to spread this out amongst as many different things as we can.

Also if you have or have had a downloader installed we cannot guarantee that this fix will help anything. We have worked with some people on the issues with a downloader and there are just too many things that do not get returned to stock. Once we have the above issues resolved we will work on something with the downloaders.

We are always working on things to make our product better. OUR 2006 stuff is out and works flawlessly. We applied the things we learned on the 2006 truck to the 2004.5-2005 trucks and so far they have fixed problems in every instance that we have tried.

We apologize for the inconvenience that a few of you have faced, but we will take care of them

Thanks,

Quad
Old 11-22-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
For now if you have these problems and are willing to give us some feedback before we tell everyone to send the modules in, please send me a message on here. In the message tell me what you had for a problem and the details of your truck.

Please do the above.

Quad
Old 11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Banned

got a break in the rain, box is off and on its way, had to drive to the store after removing man I miss it already! feels like valet mode or something ...,,,,

Quick Reply: 2004.5-2005 Quadzilla Customers Please Read!