Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Light Upgrade Complete!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light Upgrade Complete!

Over the past few months I've been upgrading the lights on my truck and replacing stock yellowed pieces. I am real pleased with all my upgrades and it makes the truck more visible at night and I can see better at night.

Lets start upfront.

Walmart Fog lights (55w) wired into stock harness. Modified Stock mounting bracket very easily to mount. Much better than stock light output.

Ebay one piece Crystal housings with Silverstar Ultras and LMC HD relay harness. This has been the best upgrade so far. No need for high beams anymore. Very good light spread.

Clear Recon Cab lights uptop with white bulbs.

One the side:

Recon big rig Running lights. Mounted them closer to the body than the instructions say. Really like them. Kinda overkill. LOL

Out back:

Led third Brake light from Ebay. This was my first upgrade. The clear spot for the cargo light bulbs makes the whole bed get lit up.

Smoked Taillights w/ 3157 57 led tower bulbs. did this mainly for looks and to match the rest of the rear.

Recon Line of Fire: Was a pain to get it where I wanted it but I like it alot.

I have gotten alot of questions recently about my lights and I hope this helps someone. I'll be happy to take any questions.

Daniel
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Hey thats lookin pretty good. Do yuo have any pics of the back lights in the daytime. Nice looking truck.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Chapter President

I'll get some when I get a chance to clean the truck up.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM

likin the headlight and fog light swap......got any part numbers?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:00 PM

I'm curious what lights you bought from wally's... I saw some the other day and wondered if they would fit and what they mount to? My truck did not come with them stock so I will have to wire them up but thats no problem.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Symon623
likin the headlight and fog light swap......got any part numbers?
Thanks

Here is a link to the housings:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...spagenameZWDVW

Harness is available from lmctruck.com

Headlight bulbs are available from Autozone or any such place.

I don't have a link for the fog lights but they are in-store and were like $20
Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by thewished
I'm curious what lights you bought from wally's... I saw some the other day and wondered if they would fit and what they mount to? My truck did not come with them stock so I will have to wire them up but thats no problem.
If you don't have them at all, I would just get the stock housings and brackets from lmctruck.com and get a bulb from eBay that is higher powered.
Wire them up using the marker light power wire to trigger the relay like here:
http://www.classictruckshop.com/club...h/foglites.htm
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

I like your headlights and foglights. Are your foglights the cyberwhite or something like that from wallmart for like $40. My friend bought those except they were real blue. I like how yours look in the daytime. Any Nighttime pics of the fog lights?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Buckshotram
I like your headlights and foglights. Are your foglights the cyberwhite or something like that from wallmart for like $40. My friend bought those except they were real blue. I like how yours look in the daytime. Any Nighttime pics of the fog lights?
I couldn't get a good nighttime pic yesterday of the headlights/ fog lights at night. The ones I got were twenty dollars when I purchased them. They match the silverstars very well and don't look blue at all to me. I know they weren't the "cyber white" ones.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
I've just installed the same headlights as haloman has.

For a single "performance mod" they are the best investment on this truck- My old lights were really yellow in comparison. I'm running no-name 9004s in them and have really good lighting of the road ahead of me and no one flashes me because of glare.
Installation is quite easy, in my case the turn signal bulbs connectors are 90 deg angles and they aren't clocked correctly so the connector gets a little squeezed. The only downside I see is that you have to remove the light to change the turn signal bulb.
The lights are that good that I do not use my PIAA 530s anymore.
Just my 2c

AlpineRAM
Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Chapter President

I am glad you like them. The light from my fogs and low beams is very complete.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Chapter President

Here is a cell phone pic of the $20 fog lights I got.
Attached Thumbnails Light Upgrade Complete!-foglights.jpg  
Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like those headlights!!! With the fogs, I cover mine with Armorshield coating to keep them from getting pounded by rocks. Works well even though I only spent the $40 on them as well. I am going to have to look into those headlights..

I recently added a brush bar and Lightforce 170's, now thats helped the night with some good lighting..offroad of course ..
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Chapter President

Recon line of fire came unglued Sunday night. I followed the instructions to a T. Oh well going to mount it this time with self tappers and a bolt in the center.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM

keep us updated after you get the truck wet. i really like those headlights i just wonder how well they are sealed. ive heard horror stories of ebay headlights filling up with water or getting foggy with condensation.

how do they feel as far as toughness?

Quick Reply: Light Upgrade Complete!