3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lorenz leveling kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by essgeetee
Man, you're making me want to get one bad now. It's seriously a night and day difference in ride quality?
it is a big difference in ride quality. that and you will love the stance of your truck once you get it done. i did mine and 35s a few weeks ago. i want to go bigger now- but everytime i look at my truck coming out of a store or something i just think to myself "****, thats a sharp looking truck".
Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 AM

nice work, Sean's stuff rules.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 PM

looks greaT
Old 10-15-2007, 07:44 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Lorenz+Thuren trackbar=improvement.

Add a Thuren zinc coated trackbar that Sean distributes to your truck and complete the upgrade. He'll tell you what measurement to set it at,then have it aligned. My truck felt the difference with 3500 miles on the clock.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Danderson
Add a Thuren zinc coated trackbar that Sean distributes to your truck and complete the upgrade. He'll tell you what measurement to set it at,then have it aligned. My truck felt the difference with 3500 miles on the clock.
trackbar makes a big difference as well? i think thats my next upgrade...
Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 PM

The truck looks great! That makes me feel great about my decision. I just received the shocks and drop blocks yesterday. Waiting for the coils. I also have the new BFG KM2 Mud Terrain tires on order at Costco and should have them on by this weekend (only 285's).
Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM

Track bar is in the plan, just waiting for more money but I think I will get the rear springs and shocks first,

offroadcpa, make sure you have a buddy help you, and get a spring compresor and it will go super smooth and fast, It took me only a couple of hours, if you have any questions let me know
Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 AM

I installed the Lorenz leveling kit on my 2006 3500 Mega Cab . I still have a grin from ear to ear . A noticeable difference in the ride with Less body roll and has a smooth ride. The truck is a perfect height. It is level and clean looking. I definitely need to get the Bilstein shocks for the rear since they ride great in the front.

Installation was smooth and not difficult. My buddy and I had everything done in just over 3 hours. The toughest part was getting the stock shock off since the top bolt was on tight and the shock would spin when you tried to take it off. We just used a dremel to grind a flat spot to grab it, sprayed a little WD-40 on the nut and off it came. If a certified public accountant and his friend (who is knowledgeable about cars and trucks) can do it, anyone can. This installation was a walk in the park compared to when I installed a Fabtech lift on a 1994 Ram 1500 2WD back in college (12+ years ago).

Overall review – 5 stars. Great product, nice people and easy installation. Anyone looking to level their truck, the couple extra bucks is worth it. It is basically the same installation as what you would do (or pay) for the spacers, but you get a better ride and nice look.

I am heading to the desert with the guys on Veterans weekend and will take some picts and post them. They will be better than the picts on the streets with houses and cars all around since I live in suburbia.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:40 AM

I do have a question after the install. Does anyone have any advice on adjusting the headlights for the 2” lift? I would like to avoid the constant flashing of headlight at night, especially when I am towing. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 AM

I did mine by feel. Just played with them until I got the lights shining where I wanted.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM

whats the price on this kit
and what all comes with it
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.lorenzindustries.com/kits..._leveling.html
Old 11-04-2007, 11:42 AM

Does anyone have measurements on exactly how much the springs actually lift the front end. Is it actually a true 2" lift? Also is there any difference whether you go with the end links or the drop blocks, besides the price? TIA John
Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Looks great on your truck, you getting bigger tires now?

Did you get the 6 or 23% springs?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jjoiner
Does anyone have measurements on exactly how much the springs actually lift the front end. Is it actually a true 2" lift? Also is there any difference whether you go with the end links or the drop blocks, besides the price? TIA John

I recommend the longer end links. The blocks do return the bar to about factory geometry but the factory links are still likely to bend. They are pencil thin and can bend on a stock truck.

Quick Reply: Lorenz leveling kit installed