Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Bring on the newbies and missing members Breakroom 10/26 - 11/1 ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

cougar, by any chance was that plane a Kingair?
Yes, E90 to be exact. To nice of an aircraft for this kind of death. We are looking at another one, but a 200. It was owned by the CIA and "pre-equipt" with camera holes and GPS antennas.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
If it is just a problem with O/S bolt holes, provided there are no more than 3 layers of aluminum and not less than .040" thick, can you install freeze bushings and go back to the original bolt diameter? The Beech stress department will probably give the go ahead for this repair. Steel bushings (cad plated) will need to be a minimum of .030" wall and aluminum (alodine only) a minimum of .050" wall thickness.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:21 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who the heck is "RG"? Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
hello you sly fox, glad you do the radio stuff. challenge is good. miss you Claude! ever hear from superDon? the fishwhisperer.

gleaming LEGGS. you guys have some issues.
I thought frostbit feet were bad when I have to shave the bottoms and heels just to feel the floor......

I root for the Buffalo Bills, used to disappointment. so I rooted for the Royals..out of habit I guess. go underdogs! baseball is just fun to watch, the purity of the game. football, the gladiator conquest. see one pro game in person; amazing how big men can move so fast/graceful/scary rush. and be so nice in person...

holding down the fort, hubby met with son and they went to wire up/do some siding at a friend's house. always good to share a strong work ethic with a good time (and dinner!!)
I am hanging out at Bob's new lanai grill thingy with hidden burritos.....
recycling the gas, snicker snicker
Old 10-30-2014, 04:05 PM
REALLY old dog

Heidi- ever hear from superDon? -nope since he moved back to Lansing , not a thing .
Don`t know if Scott has or not .

Keep your feet on the green side of the earth

OH RG = Red Green - Ya can fix anything thing with duct tape

Claude
Old 10-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OH RG = Red Green - Ya can fix anything thing with duct tape Claude [/QUOTE]

Re Green is one of the best. KET still runs him. Some of his ideas seem like they would "almost" work out.

An evening with him, Red Skelton, and Tim Conway would be fantastic!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
If it is just a problem with O/S bolt holes, provided there are no more than 3 layers of aluminum and not less than .040" thick, can you install freeze bushings and go back to the original bolt diameter? The Beech stress department will probably give the go ahead for this repair. Steel bushings (cad plated) will need to be a minimum of .030" wall and aluminum (alodine only) a minimum of .050" wall thickness.
Went through Beech's Repair Design Office and the only thing they will allow is replacement of the carry through and spars, period.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Man what a rude awakening. Coupla days ago I was in 75° sunshine at 6000 feet NW of Denver. Got home today and had to scramble to freeze-proof the trailer before sundown.
Got home after a 3600 mile 3 week trip to see my kids in the West. Went to Helena Mt to see one boy, then Kalispell to see another. Put in some new injectors. Went to Libby to see one daughter, then back to Kalispell and repaired the RV furnace. Went to Berthoud CO. to see another daughter. Parked in a turnout on a dugout quarry road for a few days. What a beautiful place that was. Headlight switch burned out. Replaced it and wired in a Jim Lane type headlamp relay harness. Went to Lincoln NE to see BIL and wife, then came back home, with a coupla hour stop at Cabellas in Owatana, MN.

Got home to cold drizzle, freeze warning, and a broken refrigerator. Answering machine was loaded with requests for service. Guess I'm still employed. Ordered an evaporator fan motor and dug out the owner's manual for the fridge. I have a couple of days to figure out how to get to the faulty motor.

Wood still isn't cut or stacked. Chimneys are still dirty, everything is pretty much just as it was when I left.

Gotta shower and hit the hay. Phones to fix etc. in the morning.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
Howdy fellow DTRotarions ,

just stopped to say HI !
RG says if she don`t find you handsome she should find you handy !

Claude
Red Green is a wise man!!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Boys and Girls! (in his best Mr. Rogers voice)

Can you say good morning?....sure I knew you could!

Today we are going to put a hamster in the microwave...zzzzzzzzappp...See! now you have a little balloon!...can you say balloon?....sure I knew you could!...Pop goes the weasel!!!!!

OK folks coffee is on and fresh punkin spice phoo for you know who

Have a GREAT Friday and remember to be SAFE out there!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning, just having a quick cup of Lary's coffee and then starting to run.

Anybody ever notice that some (many?) of the DTR members have a few problems? Now we are seeing evidence that this starts at the very Top. LEGGS, popping hamsters ........need I say more?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang = = = checking ph00 pot - - - smells good, grabbing mine and out to therapy. Have a gudurn,

Bob
Old 10-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Can you say pop! Sure you can.

Reminds me of one of my regular pranks with microwave ovens. Freezie pops by the box... Just when I was leaving the party. 20 min on high and bye bye.

Looks.like a good night for tricks and treats.
Actually every night and every day is good for tricks.
Hopefully DependableBobby can make it through his therapy without a puckered panicked feeling.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:56 AM
DTR Mom

man....Larry/twinnoneck you guys ain't right.....

(new to microwaves xx years ago: I was told you could boil an egg in one. they never said a process or to 'crack ' the egg first. blew the door off inside
the prison on a gallery- iron and granite REALLY echo.....42 mirrors popped out to see what the heck was going on)

glad you are back safe, not a day too soon either! glad you saw family!!!
no fear, you are the man! amazed at you JM....wow.

up at 5am, don't know why. went outside to do stuff and tripped n fell.
I do not know why my left knee is still attached. hubby says "red man suit....with locks so you can't take it off." awww no fun

donate here for new parts for DTR members......$$$$
Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM

Is it Friday yet???? Is it a full moon? The idiots are sure out. Watched a car wreck on the way home last night and another this morning.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Friday all y'all. I have two mildly amusing stories to make you chuckle on a Friday afternoon.

Police in Nova Scotia responded to a house break in the other day. The home owner came home and found the robbery in progress. The robber fled the house, hopped in the home owners canoe and attempted to paddle away. Police arrived shortly thereafter and after paddling around a while the robber elected to paddle to shore, turn himself in, all of the contents stolen from the house were with him in the canoe. The robber (who is son of a local politician) has now been sent for psychiatric assessment. Really, escape by canoe - only in Canada.

The next story occurred in Calgary and isn't so much humorous as a Darwin Award candidate.

A 62-year-old man is lucky to be alive following an afternoon explosion in the southeast.
The unidentified man was working on a diesel slip tank near a home in the 330 block of Doverthorn Rd. S.E., in the community of Dover, when the tank exploded.
The experienced boilermaker was welding a new fitting on when it blew, sending the heavy steel tank more than 6 metres in the air. The tank came back down and landed on him.
According to one witness, the man was transported to hospital with an apparent broken hip. The witness said the boilermarker had taken proper safety precautions and filled the tank with water to replace any remaining fuel.
An investigation into the incident is underway.

You know you are having a bad day when it isn't the explosion that gets you but instead it is the tank landing on you after the explosion.

Have a good Friday evening everyone and be nice to the Trick or Treaters.

Quick Reply: *** Bring on the newbies and missing members Breakroom 10/26 - 11/1 ***