Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Good Food and Good Friends Breakroom 10/19 - 10/25 ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey! sorry for the loss of your dad coug- yes, talking to him still. May Grace walk with you.

Pat, snicker snicker she CAN change a tire, right? talk her through the next 'situation'...power comes from independence in doing. may she learn to appreciate you, lol!

Top, took your advice and went a round for punkin dunkin....

great seeing all the love that surrounded my aunt, I was the positive cheerleader at the funeral and dinner. wore bright red and orange. God is amazing at putting the best solutions forward in a would be problem.
a very positive, mischievous event. just the way my aunt lived.

hope y all feel da love from youz loved ones, UPS guy, waitress with dyed blonde hair, friendly dodge parts counterman. sheep. ya, whatever.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Well boys, she may live yet another day ( both the CV and the daughter..... )

After looking it over from every angle, all the body seams line up, no stress wrinkles other than the front fascia ( imagine my surprise ). Reset the fuel pump inertia switch, she fired right up, so I started taking the front end apart. Looks right now like radiator, cooling fan assembly, and oil cooler lines ( to give you a visual, the oil cooler on the CVs is set below the radiator, about 3" from the harmonic balancer, but she tweaked far enough at least temporarily smack the oil cooler lines on the harmonic balancer.

Boys, I am here to tell you, those 98 to 2002 CV's are some TOUGH hombres.

After I get it running, we will still need to see if the alignment is knocked out ( nothing obvious now though )

Checking out where she went off road, the car was airborne for at least 50 feet........
Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Pat, snicker snicker she CAN change a tire, right? talk her through the next 'situation'...power comes from independence in doing. may she learn to appreciate you, lol!
Oh yea, she can change a tire, she can change oil, she can do basic maintenance ( she just did the lower ball joints on the CV ).

Now she is going to learn basic 2X4 bodywork ( driving the lower radiator support back down ) and how to change cooler lines, radiator and fan change..... Then she is going to learn how to pay old dad back for the parts.......
Old 10-20-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
So, are you saying FiverBob is the clueless fawn or the annoying barking mutt?
B e nice for a change. Of course I meant sitting in a camper surrounded by wildlife.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Be nice for a change.
I will be nice for change. I prefer Twonies and Loonies (Canadian $2 and $1 coins).......
Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Pat, there's a reason the cv is the weapon of choice for cops and cab drivers. I don't know that there is a tougher car out there anywhere.

Monday, Monday. All around productive day, actually accomplished something, anyone know how the planets are aligned right now???

Tomorrow, more of the same if all goes as planned, and more or less of the same if not. The simple things that make up my life.

Have a great day tomorrow folks, and remember. Don't think, you weaken the team...
Old 10-20-2014, 11:50 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
So, are you saying FiverBob is the clueless fawn or the annoying barking mutt?
you are in fine form mon ami! Carry on.....

I miss Bark, if I have to feel miserable, I like to know he is on my time zone..
Fiverbobo, you did not accidentally pack him in YOUR fiver?

Pind will do, in a pinch LOL may all the right tools be at your fingertips

pat, traffic investigation says 45 mph with a little liftoff..=50 ft course

NYstatepolice used to use the 15mph seat belt decider (angled seat drops down then stops suddenly at steering wheel) a great wake up call for teens who think they are invincible. had to stop because 'someone might get hurt'.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee is hot, phoo is too!

Goodies on the counter, dig in!

Have a Tuesday!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee is hot, phoo is too!
Ph00..................................

TIME.............................................. .

OK, now I will communicate................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
I miss Bark, if I have to feel miserable, I like to know he is on my time zone.. Fiverbobo, you did not accidentally pack him in YOUR fiver?
Great minds run in the same sewer - - uhhh, canal - - yeh, canal. I pulled his phone number out last night - - then got interrupted - - - then I thought about it again in bed. No, I didn't pack him in but maybe I should have. I will buzz him and see what is happening.

Refill..............................................gone.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning went with wife to Cass scenic railroad on Saturday to look at the fall colors. The senery was great till we got above 3700 feet that's where it started misting rain and the temps where around 37 or there about. It was to foggy to be able to see anything off the top of Bald ****

Might get my truck back this week injectors came in yesterday and the install kit comes in today.

Y'all have a gud one
Old 10-21-2014, 06:05 PM
DTR Mom

hay oh, good friends!

rainy day, went to get a tooth pulled. doc said no reason. also the usual: (wow, I never saw that before) xrays showed extra bone growth on the jaw, filling in the joint on the right; the molar on the other side. apparently I now can fix my own teeth.......but it hurts.

bought parts, fixing up to sell some jeeps....
Old 10-21-2014, 06:39 PM

Wow, slow day today - - - orrrr, maybe a fast hard day - - to much for some to say hi. Slower day around here for me today - - shoulder hurting too much to do any hard work, so was a good boy and did my exercises and therapy stuff and read.

Just hung up from a long talk with Bark (Forrest). He said he is finally able to see a little bit but not enough to see the computer screen or TV. This has been a tough infection on him - - long time to try and kill it and kick the effects. He feels if all goes well he might be able to get back on next week. He said to say hi to all and he has lots of "stuff" to post when he can. Wow, he has had plenty of time for that craze mind of his to create a maze.

Grabbing my last ph00 for the day - - later.

Bob
Old 10-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi-Ho Neighbors! just got in from a Dinner/Award Banquet where my wife got a beefy check and recognized for her 40yrs of Service as a Registered Cardio Vascular Technologist and Certified Respiratory Therapist at the local Hospital....

Yepper I am all kinds of proud of her
Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Quite a milestone for your wife there Lary.. All that while being married to you. Sweet. Didn't you meet her in the hospital?
Legged od north out.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hi-Ho Neighbors! just got in from a Dinner/Award Banquet where my wife got a beefy check and recognized for her 40yrs of Service as a Registered Cardio Vascular Technologist and Certified Respiratory Therapist at the local Hospital....

Yepper I am all kinds of proud of her
Hey, I don't blame you for being proud of her. 40 years is a long time to be in the same place. Takes a committed person. From personal experience, I thanked everyone in that cardio ward when I was strong enough to get out of that bed and walk the hall. Wow, it was a day I thought I might not see. There were some amazing people in there and my doctor was on the top of the list. So, proud is a good word - - says a lot about her.

Time to hit the sack - - therapy early in the morning. Later.

Bob

Quick Reply: *** The Good Food and Good Friends Breakroom 10/19 - 10/25 ***