Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Where The Heck Is The New Breakroom - Breakroom - 9/21 to 9/27 ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Back to laying the concrete forms that I was into when the rain drove me inside yesterday.....it ALWAYS rains when I get my cement mixer out of the shed
Your "cement mixer" is mislabeled. It is actually a rain making machine.

I'm dealing with a bricked Seagate 7200.12 hard drive. Anybody have any experience with this.

At this point it looks like I can take a chance and move the s-flash chip to another circuit board and try it, or send the board out for professional repair. These things have hardware encrypted firmware, so simply moving a board from another drive doesn't work.

There's several hundred hours of work, and 300 GB of DVD authoring data on it.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:18 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Morning..... Empty donut boxes on the counter ( burp)...

Y'all have good'un
The goodies that I left on the counter this morning were in old donut boxes, BUT, the contents were NOT donuts!!! Now, just what do you think that you ate?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Your "cement mixer" is mislabeled. It is actually a rain making machine.
If that is true then I need to ship it to Soulezoo so it will rain in California and kill that King Fire!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Afternoon kids. Been a busy morning in the shop and I haven't touched a wrench yet.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

HEY!!!!!!
Anybody here? Lary, wake up and bring your trash cans and bugle.
What is happening here?
Where are the DTR stalwarts?

Seems like I am making coffee and ph00 for nobody, but here they are anyway. Not going to leave any goodies if there is no one to eat them. Maybe someone else will bring some later IF anybody shows up.

Got things to do, so am gone.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks for the Coffee Stan I came through here at 5am and everybody was sleeping so soundly I didn't have the heart to wake them up...

Bran muffins on the counter and Stan's coffee is still hot...come and get em!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:48 AM

Thanks for the Coffee Stan I came through here at 5am and everybody was sleeping so soundly I didn't have the heart to wake them up...

Bran muffins on the counter and Stan's coffee is still hot...come and get em!

You didn't have the heart????? You going soft in your old age? In the past between you and Shortround nobody got any sleep after about 04:00. You guys sure made a ruckus. In fact, you were downright mean!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Myself and the wife took a trip to DC this past weekend there is some instering history up there but I feel like I need to be run through a car wash to get the scuz off of me from being around all the politicians.

Here's a look at news from back in the day

1642 - The first commencement at Harvard College, in Cambridge, MA, was held.

1779 - John Paul Jones, commander of the American warship Bon Homme, was quoted as saying "I have not yet begun to fight!"

1780 - John Andre, a British spy, was captured with papers revealing that Benedict Arnold was going to surrender West Point, NY, to the British.

1806 - The Corps of Discovery, the Lewis and Clark expedition, reached St. Louis, MO, and ended the trip to the Pacific Northwest.

1838 - Victoria Chaflin Woodhull was born. She became the first female candidate for the U.S. Presidency.

1845 - The Knickerbocker Base Ball Club of New York was formed by Alexander Joy Cartwright. It was the first baseball team in America.

1846 - Astronomer Johann Gottfried Galle discovered the planet Neptune.

1912 - "Keystone Comedy" by Mack Sennett was released.

1930 - Flashbulbs were patented by Johannes Ostermeier.

1951 - The first transcontinental telecast was received on the west coast. The show "Crusade for Freedom" was broadcast by CBS-TV from New York.

1952 - The first Pay Television sporting event took place. The Marciano-Walcott fight was seen in 49 theaters in 31 cities.

1952 - Richard Nixon gave his "Checkers Speech". At the time he was a candidate for U.S. vice-president.

1953 - "The Robe" premiered in Hollywood a week after its premiere in New York. The 20th Century Fox movie had been filmed using the Cinemascope wide screen process.

1957 - Nine black students withdrew from Little Rock Central High School in Arkansas due to the white mob outside.

1962 - New York's Philharmonic Hall opened. It was the first unit of the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. The hall was later renamed the Avery Fisher Hall.

1962 - "The Jetsons" premiered on ABC-TV. It was the first program on the network to be carried in color.

1964 - The new ceiling painting of the Paris Opera house was unveiled. The work was done by Russian-born artist Marc Chagall.

1973 - Overthrown Argentine president Juan Peron was returned to power. He had been overthrown in 1955. His wife, Eva Duarte, was the subject of the musical "Evita."

1981 - The Reagan administration announced its plans for what became known as Radio Marti.

1986 - Japanese newspapers quoted Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone as saying that minorities lowered the "intelligence level" of America.

1990 - Iraq publicly threatened to destroy Middle East oil fields and to attack Israel if any nation tried to force it from Kuwait.

1991 - U.N. weapons inspectors find documents detailing Iraq's secret nuclear weapons program. The find in Baghdad triggered a standoff with authorities in Iraq.

1993 - The Israeli parliament ratified the Israel-PLO accord.

1993 - Blacks were allowed a role in the South African government after a parliamentary vote.

1998 - Jamie Lee Curtis received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

1999 - A 17-month-old girl fell 230 feet from the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver, British Columbia. The girl had bruises but no broken limbs from the fall onto a rocky ledge.

1999 - Siegfried & Roy received a star on the Hollywood Walk of fame
Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Tuesday all y'all. It is going to be another glorious day on the edge of the Canadian prairies with gentle wind, clear blue skies and temperatures in the high 70's. That is a heck of an improvement over the snow storms 2 weeks ago. Now that the fields have dried out, the combines are running pretty much 24 hours a day harvesting the wheat, barley and canola that drives our economy and feeds millions.
I hope everyone has a safe and productive day doing whatever it is that you do
Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mexstan
The goodies that I left on the counter this morning were in old donut boxes, BUT, the contents were NOT donuts!!! Now, just what do you think that you ate?
The 3 dozen Krispie Kreme's that didn't survive the trip to the breakroom..........whatcha talkin bout Willis??
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Heat wave over here. 29c today. Near 90.
Lary was on the Bon Homme. He's the one that said I've not shown my Leggs enough.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
Lary was on the Bon Homme. He's the one that said I've not shown my Leggs enough.
Obviously Commander John Paul Jones understood the pure "Shock and Awe" value my Leggs had back then and thus he was not required to "begin to fight"
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Obviously Commander John Paul Jones understood the pure "Shock and Awe" value my Leggs had back then and thus he was not required to "begin to fight"
This LEGGS stuff is almost as bad as shrews named Sam. When is it going to end???? .......................................

Hey Stan, have patience - - not all of us lay around all day with nothing to do like you. I had to go see Mr. Doc this morning. Soooo, just now grabbing my ph00. Thanks - - ...........................................wow, not bad for a taco man. Oh, Doc seemed to think I night live a little longer. He wanted to know why I lost 10 pounds since last visit. I hadn't noticed except people seeing me noted I looked thinner. Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, gone,

Bob
Old 09-23-2014, 01:28 PM

Hey Bob, I agree on the LEGGS and shrew stuff. Kinda like a recurring nightmare. There is no off switch.

Yeah right! It would be sorta nice if I could lay around all day, or even half a day with nothing to do. Always on the go with lots to do. Love to read, but lately have not even had much time for that. Maybe one day when I retire Been outside working all morning, working up a sweat and only now had a shower. It is getting close to lunch time, so need to be smelling a little less obnoxious for that major daily event.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Hey Bob, I agree on the LEGGS and shrew stuff. Kinda like a recurring Dream come true!
There....fixed it for you

Been outside working all morning, working up a sweat and only now had a shower.
Glad you finally got around to that...we noticed an odd smell in the break room this morning

It is getting close to LEGG time, so need to be smelling a little less obnoxious for that major daily event.
Dang Straight Son!.....wash and wax those Leggs and get with the program!

Quick Reply: *** The Where The Heck Is The New Breakroom - Breakroom - 9/21 to 9/27 ***