Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Remote Start Install help Needed (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/remote-start-install-help-needed-68429/)

AndyZ 05-17-2005 01:22 AM

Remote Start Install help Needed

I Installed a remote starter on my 05, 3500 CTD. It is in and working but I have a couple more optional wires that need to be connected. Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram or know who to contact to find color and locations for several wires. The wires I need to connect to are the:

Tachometer Wire
(Looking for color/location behind the instrament cluster)

Waite to Start / Glow Plug Wire
(Looking for color/location behine the instrament cluster)

The power wire for the dome light
(To be used as an input signal for the security system, Should be in one of the kick panels)

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide!

gatf4 05-17-2005 03:06 PM

I hooked up the tachometer wire to the ECM on the side of the engine block because I don't think there is anything behind the dash, same goes for the wait to start light. I think you can go directly to the grid heater or use a timer. I don't know about the interior light. Try www.the12volt.com do a search for Dodge ram

reecegr 05-17-2005 06:47 PM

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 2004 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts red (40A), red (40A) + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition pink/white + ignition harness
Second Ignition pink/lt. green + ignition harness
Third Ignition pink/yellow (10 AWG)(3rd acc) + ignition harness
Notes: This wire is not required for remote start. It only provides power to the power window circuit.
Accessory dk. blue and pink/yel (16 AWG) + ignition harness
Second Accessory pink/yellow (14 AWG) + ignition harness
Keysense purple/tan - ignition harness
Power Lock purple/dk. green - driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru an 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface modules.
Power Unlock same as power lock wire
Lock Motor lt. green 5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor tan/lt. green 5wi driver kick, door harness
Parking Lights+ white/yel (L), white/gray (R) + harness at top of driver fender
Parking Lights- white/lt. green - headlight switch
Notes: Parking lights are negative trigger thru a 249 or 330 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Hazards white/orange - hazard switch
Notes: Hazards are negative trigger thru a 120 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Turn Signal(L) use hazards wire
Turn Signal(R) use hazards wire
Reverse Light white/lt. green + inside mirror or plug by PCM
Notes: The PCM is on the passenger side firewall.
Door Trigger see notes - see notes
Notes: The driver door trigger is purple and the driver side rear door is purple/orange. These wires are in the driver kick panel. The passenger door trigger is purple/white and the passenger side rear door is purple/yellow. These wires are in the passenger kick panel. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. See DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
Dome Supervision yellow/lt. blue or yellow/org + driver A pillar or cluster
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm purple/lt. blue - driver kick, door harness
Notes: This will also do door locks. Arm/lock is negative trigger thru a 2K ohm resistor. Disarm/unlock is negative trigger thru a 480 ohm resistor. Single pulse will do disarm without unlocking the doors. Unlock requires a double pulse. MUST use relays.

Factory Alarm Disarm same as factory alarm arm wire
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer dk. blue/gray ac PCM, orange plug, pin 34

On diesel models, the tach wire is at the ECM on the lower driver side of the engine, 60 pin plug, pin 24, or at the camshaft position sensor just left of the ECM, in a 3 pin plug.

On gas models, can also go to any ignition coil or fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT brown/white.
Wait to start see DirectFax document 1091
Brake Wire white/tan + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake dk. green/white - parking brake switch
Horn Trigger dk. green/purple - horn switch
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 555CW
Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Alternate Part2 #: 555U
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457CW
Alternate Part1 #: 456LW
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

AndyZ 05-18-2005 10:47 PM

Thanks for the additional information. I keep seeing this "DirectFax document 1091" on several lists and I have no idea where to find this document. Can anyone tell me where to find this document?

gatf4 05-19-2005 11:35 PM

I believe that is the document that says you have to wire in a timer module to the wait to start wire on your alarm module. Thats what I did and now my remote start just waits 15 seconds ,after ignition turns on, before cranking the vehicle.

TNEWMAN 05-27-2005 10:57 AM

Wiring Diagram for 2005 2500 CTD

Reecgr: I am also looking to put in a remote starter and trying to find a diagram for a 2005 CTD, I was wondering if you have one and would post it? Thanks!

reecegr 05-27-2005 03:57 PM

WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 2005 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts red (40A), red (40A) + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition pink/white + ignition harness
Second Ignition pink/lt. green + ignition harness
Third Ignition pink/yellow (10 AWG)(3rd acc) + ignition harness
Notes: This wire is not required for remote start. It only provides power to the power window circuit.
Accessory dk. blue and pink/yel (16 AWG) + ignition harness
Second Accessory pink/yellow (14 AWG) + ignition harness
Keysense purple/tan - ignition harness
Power Lock purple/dk. green - driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru an 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

Power Unlock same as power lock wire
Lock Motor lt. green 5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor tan/lt. green 5wi driver kick, door harness
Parking Lights+ white/yel (L), white/gray (R) + harness at top of driver fender
Parking Lights- white/lt. green - headlight switch
Notes: Parking lights are negative trigger thru a 590 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Hazards white/orange - hazard switch
Notes: Hazards are negative trigger thru a 120 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Turn Signal(L) use hazards wire
Turn Signal(R) use hazards wire
Reverse Light white/lt. green + inside mirror or plug by PCM
Door Trigger see notes - see notes
Notes: The driver door trigger is purple and the driver side rear door is purple/orange. These wires are in the driver kick panel. The passenger door trigger is purple/white and the passenger side rear door is purple/yellow. These wires are in the passenger kick panel. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. See DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
Dome Supervision yellow/lt. blue or yellow/org + driver A pillar or cluster
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm purple/lt. blue - driver kick, door harness
Notes: This will also do door locks. Arm/lock is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm/unlock is negative trigger thru a 1565 ohm resistor. Single pulse will do disarm without unlocking the doors. Unlock requires a double pulse. MUST use relays.

Factory Alarm Disarm same as factory alarm arm wire
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer dk. blue/gray ac PCM, orange plug, pin 34

On SRT-10 models, the tach wire is in the black plug, pin 18.

On diesel models, the tach wire is at the ECM on the lower driver side of the engine, 60 pin plug, pin 24, or at the camshaft position sensor just left of the ECM, in a 3 pin plug.

On gas models, can also go to any ignition coil or fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT brown/white.
Wait to start see DirectFax document 1091
Brake Wire white/tan + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake dk. green/white - parking brake switch
Horn Trigger dk. green/purple - horn switch
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Yes Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 555CW
Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Alternate Part2 #: 555U
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457CW
Alternate Part1 #: 456LW
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

Ramdriver15 05-07-2006 09:17 PM

anything for a 96 cummins... i am trying to install a remote start, and need some wireing questions answered.... thanks in advance for anyhelp john

fitzy 05-07-2006 09:32 PM

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 1996 / Remote Start

12volts red or pink/black + ignition harness
Starter yellow or blu/yel + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition dk. blue + ignition harness
Second Ignition
Third Ignition
Accessory black/orange + ignition harness
Second Accessory
Keysense
Power Lock orange/purple 5wi lt blue plug in driver kick
Power Unlock pink/purple 5wi lt blue plug in driver kick
Lock Motor
Unlock Motor
Parking Lights+ black/yellow yellow plug in driver kick
Parking Lights-
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger yellow - yellow plug in driver kick
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarm
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer gry/blk, blk/gry AC ignition coil
Notes: Also located as gray/blue at large plug through firewall on drivers side at highest point of firewall, also gray/blue at cluster.
Wait to start orange/black - PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall under the hood.
Brake Wire white/brown + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger dk. green/red + relay at fuse box
Notes: Also black/red (-) at column or relay.
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available

warning

Ramdriver15 05-08-2006 03:29 PM

thanks alot for the info.... but i have bad news... i followed the steps exact, but when i hooked up the door locks it fried the module for the remote starter

fitzy 05-08-2006 07:55 PM

You need to use relays for the locks

Ramdriver15 05-09-2006 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by fitzy
You need to use relays for the locks

Wherew could i get a couple relays and if i get them then how would i install them, if i went out and spent the money on a starter instead of getting one for free... Im planning on buying a Valet: hornet 560 or something like that.
Thanks for the info,
john

fitzy 05-09-2006 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ramdriver15
Wherew could i get a couple relays and if i get them then how would i install them, if i went out and spent the money on a starter instead of getting one for free... Im planning on buying a Valet: hornet 560 or something like that.
Thanks for the info,
john

You should be able to go to any local car audio shop in your area or even a Radio shack to get the relays.

Ramdriver15 05-09-2006 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by fitzy
You should be able to go to any local car audio shop in your area or even a Radio shack to get the relays.

now what should i look out for in doing this myself again... and also if i have a professionial do this for me would it be a problem since i tried it once?

Ramdriver15 05-09-2006 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ramdriver15
now what should i look out for in doing this myself again... and also if i have a professionial do this for me would it be a problem since i tried it once?

thankyou so much for the help you all are awesome on this site and have helped me with everything on my truck. this site is like having a huge family interested in cummins diesels!!!!!