1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Living my truth

Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Living my truth

I'm not the person you thought I was.

All my life I have struggled with my gender identity, I understood myself as female from a very young age even though my body did not match. I'll spare you the details of how this internal conflict has affected my life, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity. Four years I began to accept myself, and even to love myself. About 8 months ago I began the process of transitioning from male to female. During that time I've been leading a double life, appearing as a man in some places and woman in others. The male places have gotten fewer and fewer, and on Friday I will appear as a man (well, a girly sort of man anyway) for the last time, at work. When I return to work on Monday it will be as a woman.

So why am I posting this here? Well, my only other choice was to disappear, and I didn't want to do that. DTR and the MDTDC have been a big part of my life for a long time. My fascination with trucks, cars, and engines has been with me since before I knew the difference between boys and girls. It's not a facade like the big ol' beard - that sure proved I was a man. I plan to stay active on this forum and I will continue to attend local events if it's safe for me to do so. And yeah, you can expect to find me under the hood of a 1st gen at every opportunity.

I’ll be happy to answer polite questions but please recognize that there are limits to what you need to know about my body and my personal life. Wikipedia has a good entry on transsexualism, it's a good place to start if you want to understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

They say that when a transsexual person transitions, that everyone around them transitions too. People have to get used to changes in appearance, but names and pronouns are often the hardest thing to adjust. I prefer to be addressed as Faith and referred to with female pronouns. So far, most people have been understanding and supportive. I am confident that my dieselhead friends will respond in the same way.

Thanks for listening.

Faith
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
To my fellow members of the forum, please keep it civil. As Faith said above, everyone around her has to transition also. We ask that you give your comments freely, just keep them within the lines of the forum rules.

Good luck, Faith, on the new journey you are about to take.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Faith,

I have thought a great deal about this since you first contacted me about it and I just can't imagine what life has been like for you up till now. I will openly admit that I really do not understand the depth of all this but what I do understand is that I really don't have to........ All I really need to understand is the respect you have earned here by all that you have selflessly given DTR and it's members here over the years.

Our 1st gen forums would certainly not be the same without the loyalty and dedication you bring here day after day. I know of hundreds of members that have been helped directly by you and your efforts to share your knowledge here, both openly and honestly NEVER asking for anything in return but a little respect. You have that respect from me and more, including my support as you try to change your life into something more meaningful to you. If I can be of any help to you don't hesitate to ask, I wish you nothing but happiness and success in your life.

I also want to touch on something Mark said in his post.... Faith is putting this out here so you can ask questions and discuss this among yourselves, please feel free to do so but know that I will not tolerate abusive behavior toward my friend. There is nothing you have to say that you can not say in a polite manner in this thread. As long as you do so NOTHING will be censored or removed from this thread, this is an ADULT subject and requires ADULT responses whether they are positive or negative in nature.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Faith ,I wish the best for you on this new journey, Nate
Old 07-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
I concur with what Mark and Lary have already said in this thread.

As they both have said, Faith has done alot for this website and for the 1st Gen Forums especially. Faith has helped alot of DTR Members and will continue to do that. As long as all comments and discussion are kept within the website rules everything will be fine.

-----------
John_P
Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to thank "Wannadiesel" for all of the guidance and help given to me in the last year. Only yesterday I sent a quick question through a "PM" and was answered graciously and quickly.

I usually thank people with the phrase like "thank you Brother Dave" as I did yesterday. I have no problem in the future saying "Thank you sister Faith".

May you find happiness in whatever you want to achieve!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faith, i hope you all the best. I am so thankful for what you have done for us here on the forums. You have helped me out tremendously and I have learned a lot from you. I am sure you have plenty of other people to talk to but if you ever need anyone else don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you at The Buck in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
Please forgive the possible insensitive question, but is this for real?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:37 PM

I hope this comes out as I hope it to sound: Congratulations on finding and completing yourself. Man, woman, or otherwise you will remain to be the same person we all know. Gender really makes no difference. Thanks for trusting us enough to tell us.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Good luck in your endeavors Faith - I'll still know where to turn if someone asks me a 1st Gen question or needs a "tab" done! Good for you.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
I'm sorry, having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

Faith,
I have to admit that I am surprised, but I'm not offended.
One of my favorite motto's that I try to live my life by is...
"Don't talk down about things you are not up on"

Although I can't identify with a situation like yours,
I realize that its a huge issue for you, and I will not judge you over it.
The only judgement I have made is that you are a very smart
and talented person and a credit to DTR (and others around you I'm sure)

I sincerely hope things resolve themselves the way you want them to,
( I regret my vacation schedule did not allow us to
meet up last week like we planned)
You have my support and best wishes.
Jim5870
Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Smile Best wishes

Dear Faith:

Here's wishing you best of success. You're obviously all too well aware the road ain't gonna be an easy one.

If I've not said it before, my truck, purchased new by my dad (R.I.P.) would not still be on the road if not for your kind assistance. Your eloquent responses to my myriad stupid questions have proved invaluable. And I promise that I don't give a hoot what is the gender of the troop providing me advice. I hope that you'll remain with us on our forum. And that you'll allow me to continue to call you my friend.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

wow, shock and awe, but hey, you did well, never saw it coming. I hope that you find peace within yourself and can finally be at ease. It's gotta be tough, but glad you are not going into hiding. Good luck and hope to see you at future events.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Faith,
As a very close friend of mine told me years ago when she made her decision, as you have, "This takes a big load off my mind"...
She was confused, confounded, and sometimes irritable at work but she always did her job and I could alway depend on her.

I was very proud at the time that she chose me to open up to and I always tried to see her point of view. I was never condecending towards her and expected her to continue doing the excellent job she had always done for me - which she did.

When I went my way and she went hers we remained friends and I still get a birthday card and Christmas card from her every year, and I send her one on both occasions also. From her 2 or 3 line comments she seems to be doing extremely well in her life and I've never noticed any regret.

I wish you the best in this latest step in your life, and remember - there are always new doors to be opened.

Don't leave us and keep sharing your knowledge about our hobby. I know we can all benefit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Living my truth