PDA

View Full Version : Wrenchin day 12-30

scottsjeeprolet
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
So it looks like we are gonna finally be wrenchin on Sunir's truck. So come on over if you wanna help or do some work to your truck if we can fit you in.
If you plan on using the lift bring some gas for the generator and your favorite beverage.[coffee]
The Cave grill is available if ya wanna cook up some stuff. I think Jeannine will make some Zitti for us to munch on.[roll]

06 DIESEL
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I will be there, maybe my Air Dog will be here by then. :)

wannadiesel
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Scotte, can you PM me directions to the cave? I'd like to try to make it down there.

P.J
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd like to get on a leveling kit (the cheap kind).

Not a huge deal, but much easier with some extra hands.....

biggerkin
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Be able to make it over. I'll give you guys a hand. Maybe I can get the wife to make some more treats like last time>>>>>[coffee][laugh][redface][director]

crabbelle
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey dave think we can tackle my kdp, and im considering getting a mech. fuel gauge by then. IS there any where to get a cheap one, i really dont feel like dealing with shipping around x-mas.

Dave88LX
12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Damnit I'm going to be in Vegas then. :(

paroxysym
12-17-2007, 12:30 AM
ill save the vb/tc for the next wrenchin day. will be at this one though. what al is being done to sunirs truck?

bootsdodgejn
12-17-2007, 02:22 AM
looks like ill be tryin to do my stack somewere else

Hammer
12-17-2007, 02:37 AM
Hmmm...
A wrench day on a Sunday???...
Now if I had directions so a guy from PA doesn't get lost,maybe I might slip down.....Andy

lukedaemon
12-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Wow!! :o I am off for a change. Would be nice to catch up with you guys to say Howdy.

ruquik
12-17-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm in, I think I have at least one other truck coming (or I'll just ride with him). He needs to get his KDP done if thats possible Dave.

And yes, pack of my 12oz buddies are coming along too.

JonnyThrottle
12-17-2007, 08:23 AM
where is "the cave"?

P.J
12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
where is "the cave"?

PM the chapter president (scottsjeeprolet). He can tell you. It is a residential location, so we are not able to just post it for the public.

paroxysym
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
didnt know this was a sunday- may be out for this.

Sunir
12-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the post Scott...looks like the Sunday the 30th will be a good day. We'll be doing my MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, flexalite electric fan kit, and fluidampr...was planning on injectors but doesn't look like I'll be able to round those up till beginning of next year..

I appreciate all the help ahead of time fellas...Barley pops for all! :) looks like a good crowd will be on hand to help out!

getblown5.9
12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
why the need for electric fans?

gotta love an electric fan kit that has a fail-safe that kicks the fan off if the motors get too hot.

JonnyThrottle
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
why the need for electric fans?

I have one on my tranny cooler, it's nice to keep the air flowing when you arent driving

Sunir
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
The electric fan is the flexalite kit for Diesel Ram '94 - 02 PN FLX-262. Since the product was created for the spcific application, why would the designers make something that could potentially harm the engine? In otherwords why would the fan kick off if the motor were hot? I know the kit is desgned for towing applications at or less than 18000 lbs combined vehicle and load weight, but didn't mention anything on the spec sheet about operating temps in relation to engine temps?? any thoughts?

I've used electric fans in each in-line 6 I've owned; they seem to be a good modification for freeing up some power and increasing the efficiency of the motor; overall they seem to be a popular upgrade. When I saw that Fexilite made a kit for my truck I thought it'd be a good upgrae...anyone have any experience with this kit or this sort of upgrade?

Sea:\>Drive
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
They'll be fine, they just don't flow as much air as the engine driven fan, thus the warning not to tow heavy. Don't tow heavy and you'll be fine. For what you have planned for your truck Sunir, no worries - they'll be fine. These trucks just need a ton of air if they start to get hot. Most of the time your fan never runs on your truck (clutch controlled), but when it does you'll know it. Tow on a hot summer day once, you'll hear it kick on!

12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh yea, I should be fine for this wrenchin' day. Lookin' forward to gettin the hands dirty again, it has been a while. Maybe Santa will bring me some goodies to install as well...hehehehe.

Sunir
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
They'll be fine, they just don't flow as much air as the engine driven fan, thus the warning not to tow heavy. Don't tow heavy and you'll be fine. For what you have planned for your truck Sunir, no worries - they'll be fine. These trucks just need a ton of air if they start to get hot. Most of the time your fan never runs on your truck (clutch controlled), but when it does you'll know it. Tow on a hot summer day once, you'll hear it kick on!

yeah that's what Summit Racing said also when I talked to their technical sales guy...they mentioned the towing heavy thing...the way I see it is that I can tow a 10K lbs load with the truck and still be under the 18K lbs combined limit speced by the flexilite fan kit; even with a racecar at 2.8K, that leaves me trailer weight of 7K lbs which is a good buffer for a single encolsed car trailer (say 28ft)...or if I stay with my current econotrailer (which is an 18ft open steel split deck) which only weighs like 1.8K that will make my load close to 5K lbs which is much less than the 10K safe allowable load I figured on.

skynyrd
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
well as i told sunir i will be there and PJ i'll bring my spring compressor!

P.J
12-17-2007, 03:39 PM
well as i told sunir i will be there and PJ i'll bring my spring compressor!

Sounds like I may be out laying in the rocks doing it [laugh]

Once it gets closer I'd like to hear a head count of people working on their trucks vs. people drinking (as I will be doing both).

I won't have my rims/tires until that next week it looks like. Wiggs's new adapters aren't fabbed up yet so he isn't ready to give up the ones with the old rims.....:(

Better off having the leveling kit done before hand though.

MTC
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Looks like I'll be able to finally make one of these. I need to change my diff fluids, but it looks like there will be too much other stuff going on to mess with them.

getblown5.9
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
have you made sure those big rims are gonna fit with the leveling kit?

i've never seen a truck with big rig wheels without at least a 4" lift

Sunir
12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Well just ordered my injectors also :) don't know if we'll have time to do those as well...got a matched and tested to 35 psi tolerences set of RV275's from Industrial injection...got them to match MWFI's price of $300 for the set.

these are a good value injector for the price, 40hp gain and good for 2mpg on the fuel economy side of things.

So now I guess the to do list grows: [guitar]...Exhaust, Fluidampr, flexalite fan kit, and injectors (hopefully if we can) [coffee]

P.J
12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
have you made sure those big rims are gonna fit with the leveling kit?

i've never seen a truck with big rig wheels without at least a 4" lift

Awww man, I thought I had seen them even WITHOUT a leveling kit.

You are scaring me now.....

<off to research this>

P.J
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks like I'll be able to finally make one of these. I need to change my diff fluids, but it looks like there will be too much other stuff going on to mess with them.

Depends,..... I think he'll have two bays open.

P.J
12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Nah, I'm good. There is at least 4 people here running the same rims without a lift.

skynyrd
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
depends if we can steal glens bay

06 DIESEL
12-17-2007, 07:09 PM
My Air Dog is no big deal, we can do that any time. I live close to the cave anyway, not like I can not swing by there and install it some other day if the shop is too full on the wrenching day.

Sunir
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Looks like the injectors aren't working out this time around...so it's back to exhaust, fluidampr, and electric fan ...all of which are now here and accounted for :)

BigErksG2
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
wish i could make it, ill be enjoying a family visit in PA. If dave is comin down with his kdp tool i might have to figure somethin out.

getblown5.9
12-18-2007, 10:30 PM
leave your truck with me...and i will take it for dave to do the KDP :D

Hammer
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
anyone have any experience with this kit or this sort of upgrade?

What do you want to know about them???
They have been on my truck since June and I have had zero issues with them.The heaviest thing I have towed with the truck since was a 68 Big Block Dart a buddy of mine bought from Upstate NY and we used my truck to bring her home instead of his gasser pig.The Flex-A-Lites are working wonderful and now with it cold it really makes it nice to warm up the truck....Andy

P.S.-Here is the thread I did on them way back.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=154902

bootsdodgejn
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Looks like this one is goin to be a good COLD turn out

md-rebel
12-19-2007, 11:15 AM
All right I'll finally make one too! Bringing fuel and "fuel"[roll].
Hopefully can lend a hand, might have Christmas goodies of my own!:)
Guages down the road.

BTW what time are we starting??

Sunir
12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
What do you want to know about them???
They have been on my truck since June and I have had zero issues with them.The heaviest thing I have towed with the truck since was a 68 Big Block Dart a buddy of mine bought from Upstate NY and we used my truck to bring her home instead of his gasser pig.The Flex-A-Lites are working wonderful and now with it cold it really makes it nice to warm up the truck....Andy

P.S.-Here is the thread I did on them way back.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=154902

nice install...I read the thread and saw the pics! Wanna come on over to lend an hand since you've recently done this installation yourself?:) Any key pointers that you think...you mentioned soldering and heatshrinking the wires at the connections, plus hiding the power and gnd wires and the red and blue wires into the cab...what other tips might you have?

We're going to install a fluidampr while the stock fan is out...easy time to do it I guess before putteing the electric fan in there....

your install looks very clean, nice job...and good looking engine bay!

BigErksG2
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
leave your truck with me...and i will take it for dave to do the KDP :D

then ill mysteriously have a missing p-pump.[laugh] im tryin to go to PA on saturday so i can come up sunday, i just need someone to cover at the bar for me on sat which shouldnt be a problem. see you guys up there[coffee]

getblown5.9
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
then ill mysteriously have a missing p-pump.[laugh] im tryin to go to PA on saturday so i can come up sunday, i just need someone to cover at the bar for me on sat which shouldnt be a problem. see you guys up there[coffee]

no, i wouldnt take your pump. however i might have an itch to play with the pump a little and see just what that tranny can't take LOL

Sunir
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
looks like it'll be down to my fluidampr and 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust for the wrenchin day on the 30th...injectors didn't work out and I'll be getting an alternator upgrade to do before the electric fans installation as per the recommendation of Hammer...since the alternator bolt will hit the fan shroud once the Flex-a-lite kit is in place. I wont be able to order & get the alternator in time...so planning on Jan sometime for the fan kit.

Looking forward to the 30th; should be a fun day...looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new folks as well.

crabbelle
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
does anybody know if dave is coming down, maybe you guys can bump my timing some. lol

BigErksG2
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
no, i wouldnt take your pump. however i might have an itch to play with the pump a little and see just what that tranny can't take LOL

i already had to put a plate back in and back it off a smidge to stop spinning the "locked" converter. i think my next major project is a billet tranny hopefully ill have enough funds over the summer.

wannadiesel
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
does anybody know if dave is coming down, maybe you guys can bump my timing some. lolI'm planning on it. Somebody want to PM me directions?

scottsjeeprolet
12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm planning on it. Somebody want to PM me directions?

Done anyone else PM me again and i will get them out. Though you might be confused by them.[dummy]

BigErksG2
12-20-2007, 07:07 PM
dave, what size screw do i have to buy to put in my truck with your kdp tool? ill pick up a few extras for other ppl and u can have whats left over. ill also raid the freezer again, maybe find some amazing bbq chicken like last time and some other random goodies. PM sent on directions.

biggerkin
12-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Should we have Sunjr start spraying any bolts on the exhaust or will all be replaced??? "Just a thought not a sermon" remember those commercials...LOL Lets see how fast we can do the exhaust..LOL So we can have more time for barley drinks...sorry L wount have any umbrellas in the drinks LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[coffee][coffee][laugh][laugh]

scottsjeeprolet
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Mark you haven't been at the [coffee] tonight have ya?
I got a good impact that'll break any of those pesky bolts loose.

skynyrd
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
if not we will just cut the old band clamps off no biggie

12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Yea the exaust bolts aren't that tough, they went pretty easy on my truck.

getblown5.9
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
sunirs truck isnt old enough to have rust on it, its just a baby thats been clean its whole life. shouldnt be any problems with that one!

b4wheeler
12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey Scotte, What are the chances of getting your transmission control guys to come down and install a controller on my truck...???? Let me know..... Thanks.
P.S. Anything going on next week? I took the week off.....

wannadiesel
12-21-2007, 03:06 PM
dave, what size screw do i have to buy to put in my truck with your kdp tool? ill pick up a few extras for other ppl and u can have whats left over. ill also raid the freezer again, maybe find some amazing bbq chicken like last time and some other random goodies. PM sent on directions.I provide the screw. Bring a new fan belt if yours looks flaky, the belt has to come off and there's no sense putting a worn out one back on.

Sunir
12-21-2007, 03:47 PM
sunirs truck isnt old enough to have rust on it, its just a baby thats been clean its whole life. shouldnt be any problems with that one!

That's right :) ...man tell ya what, modding can sure get addictive though[coffee] I'm lookin' forward to the exhaust and fluidampr! Just got my smarty and really like it, made a big difference and woke the truck up nicely, good throttle response and efficiency/mpg's ...using SW 3 right now, but man I really like the way SW 9 feels [guitar]! Best thing is I can change the truck in about a min and go back and forth whenever :)

Wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy holidays...like many people visiting family and close friends, I'll be away for the holidays. Looking forward to the wrenchin day and hanging out with you guys soon!

scottsjeeprolet
12-27-2007, 07:57 PM
guess who this is?
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/data/500/medium/me3.jpg

06 DIESEL
12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Its Dave. Now what do I win?

P.J
12-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Which Dave? Not wannadiesel, I have a different mental picture of who he is, if that is him it will be ruined.

skynyrd
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
thats dave with no beard!!!

ruquik
12-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Whaaaaaat.

06 DIESEL
12-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Which Dave? Not wannadiesel, I have a different mental picture of who he is, if that is him it will be ruined.

Yep that is Dave aka wannadiesel with no beard, it threw me for a second also.

P.J
12-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Yep that is Dave aka wannadiesel with no beard, it threw me for a second also.

Looks about 10 years younger and NOT from a cabin in Maine now. [laugh]

wildbore
12-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Can someone pm me the address? The inlaws are already gettn on my nerves:(

wayne

JonnyThrottle
12-28-2007, 11:01 AM

wayne

me too, tryin to find stuff to do. Should I bring air tools? I have an extra compressor and tank I got for christmas that is beggin to be used (33 gal though)

06 DIESEL
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM

wayne

me too, tryin to find stuff to do. Should I bring air tools? I have an extra compressor and tank I got for christmas that is beggin to be used (33 gal though)

PM Scott, here is his post earlier.

Done anyone else PM me again and i will get them out. Though you might be confused by them.[dummy]

JonnyThrottle
12-29-2007, 07:53 AM
so i might have missed the post. what all does the cave have available to be used?

getblown5.9
12-29-2007, 08:52 AM
so i might have missed the post. what all does the cave have available to be used?

10k lbs lift (this sunday its been claimed already by a line of folks to use it already tho)

and just about any tool you will need to do any job on your truck.

oh yea, and a whole bunch of beer drinking gear heads who will help you, and they usually will tear into your truck and have all the work done for you if you turn your back for a second. [laugh]

meangreen96
12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Have a good wrenching day guys. I would like to make it over to meet you all, but I have some domestic duties tomorrow. :( Oh well I'm doing some wrenching of my own - just installed late model towing mirrors and I'm going to finish up my fuel pressure gauge today. Have fun!

- Craig

JonnyThrottle
12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
does that include a welder? I do have small repairs that need to be made on my bed. Don't need the lift though, but having a 10 k around is nice. I havent found a garage with the ability to lift my truck yet [coffee]

b4wheeler
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Yes, that includes a welder. Scott has a real nice mig available.

The lift is nice. We can lift duallies all day long....

scottsjeeprolet
12-29-2007, 09:05 PM
My dually on the lift in the Cave.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/data/500/medium/29875Lift_pics_004.jpg

Hammer
12-30-2007, 12:00 AM
What time is everyone gathering???.....Andy

b4wheeler
12-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Anytime after noonish (12:00)..........[coffee][coffee]

JonnyThrottle
12-30-2007, 01:14 AM
yeah so i'll bring my compressor just to have an extra one for air tools. I should be there around 1230-100ish. Like I said, all i really HAVE to do is minor welding to the bed where a tranny went through the side and a 5th wheel tried to take the wheel wells off[duhhh][nonono][dummy]

crabbelle
12-30-2007, 06:22 AM
whats the best way to get the adhesive after you pulled the elbems and trim?

gies
12-30-2007, 06:37 AM
I used peanut butter on the adhesive from the "sport" stickers on the rear quarters years ago. I have also heard of guys using goo gone with great success.

b4wheeler
12-30-2007, 07:50 AM
whats the best way to get the adhesive after you pulled the elbems and trim?

WD-40

(10 char min)

wannadiesel
12-30-2007, 08:28 AM
The fine folks who make PB Blaster make a product called DSR (Decal and Sticker Remover) that works pretty well on adhesive. I'll bring my can.

P.J
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
WD-40

(10 char min)

That is what I used on my old truck.

JonnyThrottle
12-30-2007, 10:54 AM
ok guys, see you in an hour!

P.J
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Another successful wrechin day.

Big thanks to Scott (and his wife for the grub). Theres much to be said for a guy who is willing to share his garage and tools like Scott does. Real stand up guy as always. Obviously doesn't have to do what he does, but still does and that is too cool.

Saw an exhaust system go on in about 20 minutes flat, including some sawzall handy work.[guitar]

My leveling kit (as minuscule as the mod is) went flawlessly, again, thanks to Scot for jumping in there and getting dirty. ;)

I have to say, without even knowing the caliber of other DTR memberships nationwide, I have reason to believe this MD chapter is one of the best going. I'd like to see some kind of Chapter to Chapter tug of war or something, with the mindset most of our guys have, I think we'd be something to contend with!

06 DIESEL
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Here are the pictures I took today.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Wrenching%20Day%2012-30-07/WrenchingDay12-30-07001.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Wrenching%20Day%2012-30-07/WrenchingDay12-30-07002.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Wrenching%20Day%2012-30-07/WrenchingDay12-30-07003.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Wrenching%20Day%2012-30-07/WrenchingDay12-30-07004.jpg

TJ's Handywork :)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Wrenching%20Day%2012-30-07/WrenchingDay12-30-07005.jpg

scottsjeeprolet
12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Well thanks to all who came out and made this the biggest wrenchin day yet at the CAVE!
We had 20 trucks and a lot of people, special thanks to my Boss (Jeannine) for all the great food and putting up with my diesel habit. We signed up a few new members tool.
Don't know who that guy in the poka dot hat is though.[duhhh][coffee]

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/scottsjeeprolet/Wrecnhin%20day%2012-30-2007/Wrenchinday12-30-2007014.jpg
Dave killed 3 KDP's today too. What's that now 68? Brad had on his 3rd pair of shoes too, Fish heads, must have been because it's Sunday.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/scottsjeeprolet/Wrecnhin%20day%2012-30-2007/Wrenchinday12-30-2007011.jpg
Sunir's new exhaust
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/scottsjeeprolet/Wrecnhin%20day%2012-30-2007/Wrenchinday12-30-2007012.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/scottsjeeprolet/Wrecnhin%20day%2012-30-2007/Wrenchinday12-30-2007001.jpg
Just wait until Spring and we will have an even bigger Wrenchin day.[coffee]

wannadiesel
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I have to say, without even knowing the caliber of other DTR memberships nationwide, I have reason to believe this MD chapter is one of the best going.Agreed! I'm proud to be an honorary member. :) Thanks for a great day. Great food, great company, great atmosphere - especially when the "debris" was getting blown out of the cat. [laugh]

Thanks to Scotte and everybody else who makes events happen down at the Cave - I WILL be back. :cool:

md-rebel
12-30-2007, 09:28 PM
PJ, I couldn't have said it better!! My first time at the cave and it's great to see all are willing to lend a hand (no need to worry we're all trained professionals[laugh]). Scott thanks for all you do and Jeannine thanks for the great food fest. Dang even a coffee pot!![coffee][coffee]

TJ that sure is a purty intake horn!!

JonnyThrottle
12-30-2007, 10:05 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/scottsjeeprolet/Wrecnhin%20day%2012-30-2007/Wrenchinday12-30-2007012.jpg

That picture makes my butt look big[nonono]

lukedaemon
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah it was great to finally meet up with you guys. That was a whole lot of horsepower in one driveway.

Scott all I can say is WOW!!

I am glad to be a part of a group of helpful folks. To see all the folks putting together efforts to complete the work on the truck was awesome.

I hope to attend many more.

Peace

bootsdodgejn
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
All i can say i am still coffin from that exhaust. LOL

skynyrd
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
thats ok you know what todd found under his truck when he got home. i nice magnetic led light still attached to the underside of the truck! it with stood over a 2 hour drive down to southern maryland!

bootsdodgejn
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
lol it stayed on lol thats good

lukedaemon
12-31-2007, 02:42 AM
LOL!! They were looking for that too. I guess there were to many to keep up with and one got away.

bootsdodgejn
12-31-2007, 02:53 AM
well scoots only worried about the wrenches and pliers..hey how does the truck sound. Was it worth shortenin our lifes

TKC2000
12-31-2007, 06:17 AM
The exhaust sounds great, makes the seats vibrate when lugging along in overdrive, was even better getting on it in the tunnel [coffee][laugh], very much worth the life shortening partical inhalation[laugh][laugh].
I didn't notice the light under the truck until I walked around the truck when I got home. I don't know if people were staring because of the exhaust or the little light glowing from underneath [laugh]. If I had a couple more of those lights and some spinner rims I would have been just like those little imports. [laugh]

wildbore
12-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Was that a wrenchin day or new year party, musta been both. [roll]

Thats a nice shop Scott, I`m sure I`ll forget most of your names, but it was great meeting you all.

wayne

TKC2000
12-31-2007, 07:40 AM
BTW, thanks to all the guys that helped out on my truck. I totally had no intentions of doing anything to my truck by driving up but nothing was going on and we were just standing around drinking and looking at each other soooo....I asked if anybody wanted to swiss cheese an air box, next thing I know Travis is pulling his old exhaust over, the cat. is getting gutted and Leonard is sneaking his EZ into the engine bay [laugh][laugh]. Truck is running great, really gets up and goes and people can hear me doing it [laugh][laugh]. This is me driving around now :D [laugh][laugh]

crabbelle
12-31-2007, 08:05 AM
thanks to all the guys that helped out on my truckTruck is running great, really gets up and goes

ditto, if it wasnt raining i might know how well it really works, but i do know i can spin my new tread through 4th at about 55 mph. Im very glad dave was there i would have never known that my tensioner assembly and clutch fan was going out until my truck overheated and the altenator would have been in pieces. So thank you Dave and Scott for helping out and letting a bunch power addiciteds tear your shop and "LUNGS" up.

12-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Had a great time helping out on the shiny new exhaust for Sunir, and the fun we had with Todd's truck as well. Was a good time for all I'm sure. Special thanks again to Scotte and Jeanine for all they do, they are the heart of this chapter and what keeps it going so strongly! My son had fun being my designated driver on the way home as well, even taught him how not to accelerate around a corner in the rain (I think he's still cleaning his drawers out). [laugh]

Hammer
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
WOW!!!!!!....
What can I say that hasn't been said.I was impressed with the "Cave" and how well its hid,especially being its so close to Rte 1.After I drove past it,not once but twice,I had to have Ernie redirect me into there,LOL.

Anyway,Thanks to the gracious hosts,Scott and his wife,and their use of the shop and making some killer lunch.It was nice to meet everyone and I will also forget most of who was there but I will return.

Wannadiesel did his magic on a couple of KDP's so more owners can rest easy while wheeling their prides and joy.When asked how many that made Dave was heard to say 66 and those owners all do deeply thank him for that service.The newly redesigned Dave,minus the beard,looks like he is about 20 years younger and may have found that elusive spring in his step again,LOL.Anyway,THANKS DAVE for the job you do and making our beloved trucks free from KDP damage.

I did take some shots but some did not come out because as this uneducated camera operator learned,the old thing needs replaced.In darker situations you can not open the aperture up enough to let enough light in so photo's come out dark.Those photos which did come out are uploaded to my web albums and a link is below to look through or download for your own.

Again,Thanks to the MDDTR group for allowing us Northerners to slip down and enjoy a day of great trucks,good friends and good food......Andy

http://picasaweb.google.com/12vFlameRedRam/2007MDTRChapter33WrenchDay

bootsdodgejn
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
I just looked at the pics..When was nick m there. darn

BigErksG2
12-31-2007, 11:17 AM
great turnout yesterday. special thanks to scott and his wife for being so generous. also thanks to dave for making an appearance, killing some dowel pins, and explaning to me how to set timing on a 12 valver. i guess thats my next project. nice to meet all the people behind the usernames!

twhiteside
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Had a Great Time!! Scott, that is one sweet garage.

Thanks to Scott for hosting the get together. I also owe Scott and Leonard a BIG thanks for getting my Pyro moved from post-turbo to the exhaust manifold!!

-Tom

bootsdodgejn
12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't notice the light under the truck until I walked around the truck when I got home. I don't know if people were staring because of the exhaust or the little light glowing from underneath [laugh]. If I had a couple more of those lights and some spinner rims I would have been just like those little imports. [laugh]

Hey its the diesel guys version of underglow[laugh][laugh]

Hammer
12-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Don't know who that guy in the poka dot hat is though

Hmmm....
His jacket said his name was "Lou",LOL

That picture makes my butt look big

:eek: :eek: [eyecrazy] [eyecrazy] [laugh] [laugh]
That would fall into the "TMI" area....(too much info)

wannadiesel
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey, you got a shot of Der Benz!

Sunir
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Again a special thanks to Scott and his wife for hosting us as they do so very graciously indeed. Also big thanks to Mark, Johnny, and Kieth who helped put on my exhaust, it was nice to work with them and learn...heck I even got my hands dirty also :) helping out in the installation process.

Also nice to meet Andy, he and I talked about plans for my next mod, the alternator upgrade + Fluidampr + electric fan kit...it was nice to see all that in his spotless truck as well! Looking at sometime in January to get this done.

Finally, as always it was nice to meet some new folks and put some faces with the posts we see here. I gotta say we had a lot of very nice trucks in the driveway, was cool to see such a good turnout.

ruquik
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks Scotte for opening up the Cave once again. Dave thank you for getting Richards dowel pin done. The food was great as usuall. It was nice to the the entire drive full (no 1st gen's though :()

BTW: I do owe Richard $5 cause his girlfriend did NOT complaining about waiting in the truck for 3 hours, not including the 2 hours in each dirrection she was quiet there and back. $5 well spent if you ask me. [laugh][laugh]

wannadiesel
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Does she have a sister? [laugh]

Actually I'm getting old enough that I should be asking if her mother is available...

crabbelle
01-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Does she have a sister? [laugh]

Actually I'm getting old enough that I should be asking if her mother is available...

dave, kdp killer turned milf hunter [laugh]

crossy
01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
how'd it go ???????

P.J
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
how'd it go ???????

Read the last few pages, it went very well.

crossy
01-06-2008, 11:42 AM
that last page thing gets me all the time[duhhh]
I'm headed some place different than northern Pa. next time cause I wanna help cut some pipes off. tired of seeing the same rust too[laugh]. good job fellas