PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to ABDTR#5!

Lil Dog
11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Alberta Members,

Welcome to the ABDTR#5 sub forum. Our threads usually run over 50 pages by the end. Now we can have specific threads just for our local chapter.

Welcome and post often!!..:cool:

J-eh

ccmckee
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
:cool:Allrighty then lets get to it

morkable
11-09-2007, 10:45 PM
sweet,, lets go for hp!! lol

Kevin

spooling
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Nice! Alberta = Diesel country

DieselBoy20
11-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Alberta = Cummins country ahh I love this ****!

PowerDiesel44
11-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Good to see ya all. We need some kinda party to kick this thing off. [guitar]

Dr. Evil
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Good to see ya all. We need some kinda party to kick this thing off. [guitar]

You just missed one

1-5-3-6-2-4
11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
We just had a GTG last Sat.........I{'d probably like another one early next year to break up the winter blues..........

PowerDiesel44
11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes i just read about the Dyno day, i missed that thread on the main pages. [dummy]
That sucks. Oh well I'll try to make it next time.

morkable
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah I would like to do one say around march or april if anyone is game

Kevin

Doj Dewd
11-18-2007, 11:43 PM
how can i become a member of this chapter?
do i have to meet any special criteria to be a member (besides being an alberta resident)?

morkable
11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
shabing,, you are now a member,, welcome aboard

Kevin

Lil Dog
11-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Tough wasn't it?..... LOL... I haven't had the where-with-all to chase down everyone here for paperwork to be "Official". Show up, have some suds and fun with our group. This group of guys is second to none with regard to helping a fellow member out. Don't be afraid to post and get some feedback from us, lots of guys local to your area.

J-eh

DODGER BOMBER
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
So now who is the president of this organized cult??? J/K

Lil Dog
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Like I say, if you guys want the paper badge, I can get that up and running.

dodgediesel
11-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Giddy-up sherrif!!![laugh]

bigd450
11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello, I would of liked to make it to the dyno day and meet some of you guys and see what the Beast could do but I had to work that weekend. Hopefully next time.

cranked_dodge
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Can't wait till the next GTG guys should be fun.

Tate
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Should we start looking for the coldest weekend in January, and plan our GTG then? We could break in our President's new house.[roll]

Lil Dog
11-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Should we start looking for the coldest weekend in January, and plan our GTG then? We could break in our President's new house.[roll]

Too funny!!!:cool: I am working a few angles in Red Deer to host a GTG.. Hopefully with a shop to boot..[coffee]

littleleadfoot
11-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all, just joined and a little shy. [redface] That's why my husband says I drive a big loud obnoxious truck. 17067 I have been in talks with the NHRDA and they are coming to Edmonton for the Blackout and depending on who returns calls and info there will be a venue in Calgary or Medicine Hat as well. Anyone who is interested keep your ears on cause I will update as I get the info. 17068.
I am trying to upload the SEMA footage for you all to view.

littleleadfoot
11-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi all, just joined and a little shy. [redface] That's why my husband says I drive a big loud obnoxious truck. 17067 I have been in talks with the NHRDA and they are coming to Edmonton for the Blackout and depending on who returns calls and info there will be a venue in Calgary or Medicine Hat as well. Anyone who is interested keep your ears on cause I will update as I get the info. 17068.

Lets try this.... right clicky and save as...

http://www.nwdiesels.com/~camotanker/CamoVision/NHRDAfinalsema.wmv

morkable
11-21-2007, 01:08 AM
welcome littleleadfoot, good to have you. It would be nice to have some real big diesel stuff here in alberta that is for sure

kevin

cranked_dodge
11-21-2007, 09:52 AM

Lets try this.... right clicky and save as...

http://www.nwdiesels.com/~camotanker/CamoVision/NHRDAfinalsema.wmv

I would like to know if they are looking for sponsors for an even in Calgary or Medicine Hat. As we would like to hopefully get our name onto one of these events.

Aaron

morkable
11-21-2007, 12:35 PM
boy littleleadfoot, you are a walking advetisment for nhdra arent ya..m thats good though as we need some help with our sport

Kevin

cranked_dodge
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM
littleleadfoot thanks for the info I will be giving Randy a call. It will be good to get the diesel sport going big up here.

Aaron

littleleadfoot
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I am all for bringing the boys up to show them that we have what it takes to keep them on their toes. I have been sitting on the sidelines for the last 2 years watching what is going on down there. I don't have a lot of pull to get the tracks to work with us diesels for events. However, the NHRDA does. [laugh] I have been working with Randy for a while now while I play with my truck on and off.

I used to work the Calgary track way back when it was NHRA sanctioned so I have bit of knowledge which is assisting in bring the venues up. By venues I mean when the NHRDA comes up it brings the pulls as well as the 1/4 mile. Sorry off topic,[redface] I am tired of being the only Dodge at the friday night streets that gets trounced by Duramax's (My hubby comes out and plays too so I have company). I am bringing up some folk who wanna play, and play we will[roll]

Dennis-NADP
11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
So it looks like yourself and I will be meeting sometime next year? :)

Dennis-NADP
11-22-2007, 02:26 PM
littleleadfoot thanks for the info I will be giving Randy a call. It will be good to get the diesel sport going big up here.

Aaron

boy littleleadfoot, you are a walking advetisment for nhdra arent ya..m thats good though as we need some help with our sport

Kevin

I thought the sport was already getting big with the Sled Pulls, 100 foot shootouts and the drag events that are already going on each year? :D
I guess I should get some credit for convincing Mike Boyd from NHRDA to come up to Alberta this year and see the huge diesel scene that they didn't know about [laugh][laugh]

littleleadfoot
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
So it looks like yourself and I will be meeting sometime next year? :)

Looks that way and thanks for the dates. Randy hasn't given me the completed list yet because he hasn't finalized with the southern track(s). At least this way I can start rounding up the bodies to come up there and get arrangements for hotels/camping. :D

Dennis-NADP
11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I just PMed you

cranked_dodge
11-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Dennis don't get me wrong you guys have done one hell of a job getting the diesel scene where it is now. What I should have said I guess was that we will finally be recognized in the US now too with the HRDA coming up here should make the AAB one huge event next year. Looking forward to it.

Aaron

Dennis-NADP
11-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Aaron and I hope next year we show the US boys some serious competition Canadian Style!!!

One suggestion and this goes for every Canadian. Keep bugging Dieselpower and Dieselworld Magazine!!! These guys still don't get it and they still look at Canada as a small scene with very little diesel popularity.

If you guys want your trucks, events and whatever else noticed you have to hound them. I have email addresses of Editors from both magazines, PM me if you want them.

We just got Dieselpower Magazine to agree to let 3 Canadian trucks into next year's Dieselpower Challenge, my god that was a hard sell to get them to agree to and it ended up costing NADP a fair bit of change to guarantee it, but it's what is needed to get Canada recognized down there.

Lil Dog
11-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Just thinking out loud here... I think there is a distinct difference between chapter activities and race related activities. I am not sure how to separate the two, but I know that a majority of the chapter are not racers or joined just to do drags/sledpulls/dynos... Most the meets over the last few years have been more social than competition based. Maybe the vendors that are interested in race activities should collaborate together? I dunno, just trying to keep similar interests together. This would also apply to a coordinator requirement I would think..

Any help/input appreciated. And I will persue with Dieseldaze to get the ABDTR back to "official status".... That means that all members here past and present will be have to get up to speed with DTR paperwork...LOL....

Dennis-NADP
11-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Social get togethers or racing activities, I am willing to help out either. We tried to do a few meets/cruise nights up here this year that flopped, but I haven't lost hope yet :) I know there is interest in these types of activities but not sure why they say "let's do it" and then don't show up? :(

flatshooter
11-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm interested in ABDTR as a new diesel owner. Has anyone in Alberta had VIN# problems with their ECM? I posted on the HELP forum and not much help has come fwd from our American cousins.

Lil Dog
11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Social get togethers or racing activities, I am willing to help out either. We tried to do a few meets/cruise nights up here this year that flopped, but I haven't lost hope yet :) I know there is interest in these types of activities but not sure why they say "let's do it" and then don't show up? :(

I think when a vendor sets up these activities, there is a little hesitation to attend for whatever reason. Branding cruises or shows seem to be a turnoff as most of the guys have purchased from a myriad of vendors and don't want either the pressure or perception of being clients etc...

Any of our social events for the ABDTR have been well attended. Even just the corner coffee's turn into more than just a couple rigs once the word gets out.

Dennis-NADP
11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
That's too bad that people feel that way because all we are is a bunch of guys wanting to go for a cruise. We don't use it as an excuse to sell stuff. We may give away some free stuff, but that's as far as it goes :)

Lil Dog
11-23-2007, 01:00 PM
That's too bad that people feel that way because all we are is a bunch of guys wanting to go for a cruise. We don't use it as an excuse to sell stuff. We may give away some free stuff, but that's as far as it goes :)

I know that as well, but the way everyone is bombarded with advertising they are just skiddish of being "assaulted" with advertising...LOL... Low key seems to be the ticket..:cool: We should have a chin wag here soon just to invade a parking lot and have some suds.

littleleadfoot
11-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm all for it, that's what I'm looking for. Ppl who are like minded and want to hang with more like minded folk. BBQ's tobagganing, picnics, cruises whatever. [coffee] Them kinda things are the fun stuff. I race but not very often as my cutie is my daily driver but my husband and I would love to meet with ppl that have the same diesel interests.[guitar] I like to show off my truck as I am sure most of us do. What a sight a whole train of nice looking diesels heading off somewhere to take over.:o

Diesel Dave2
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Our little train of dodge diesel sure got some looks on the way to Edmonton for the dyno...The guy with the white diesel dodge gave me the thumbs up when he passed us...

Tate
11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
We should have a chin wag here soon just to invade a parking lot and have some suds.

I'll be coming home in early December barring any mishaps. I'll give you a call or a message before that, we can start organizing the RD area.

dodgediesel
11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Jason & Tate, let me know if you guys need any Red Deer help??? Hopefully we can have on here one of these days???

StealthDiesel
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm an avid hot rodder with my 5.0 Mustang here in Calgary, but haven't been active at all in the diesel scene and don't post much here.

My truck is still pretty much stock but I would be interested in any local diesel get togethers.
I do have plans to bump up the truck while still towing our rv and car trailer but I have plenty to learn first.

...Joe

1-5-3-6-2-4
11-25-2007, 02:06 AM
ah very good, welcome to the dark side [guitar]

you frequent performance-shop.com then? what your handle?

ramtd02
11-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah I would like to do one say around march or april if anyone is game

Kevin

Well I am game for the first weekend in march, or the last one I think.....I wasnt there at AFI....but that would be best for me as I still cant find any traction on a mustang.

cranked_dodge
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
You will get traction on AFI's dyno we slipped a little bit but we also are pushing big power and our truck is light. Another Dyno event in mrch would be great it will be just before the race season starts and will be a good winter blues breaker.

Jamie let me know when you guys are planning a litte get together for some suds and such in Red Deer and I will try to make it in.

Aaron

ccmckee
11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I always enjoy our chinwags, just some guys who like to play with their trucks and maybe have a burger and a pop or two and talk about what we've experienced or would like to experience.I don't plan on doing any serious bombing to my truck as i do use it daily, just enough to make sure i can pull my 5er without hindering traffic and maybe surprise a ricer once in a while[laugh] And yeah it was neat some of the looks our diesel train got as we rolled up to Edmonton :cool:

dodgediesel
11-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I sure will Aaron. Winter is here, just lovely!!!![laugh]

ramtd02
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
You will get traction on AFI's dyno we slipped a little bit but we also are pushing big power and our truck is light. Another Dyno event in mrch would be great it will be just before the race season starts and will be a good winter blues breaker.

Jamie let me know when you guys are planning a litte get together for some suds and such in Red Deer and I will try to make it in.

Aaron

Yeah thats why I was thinking AFI...I had no problems with maddogs DJ, so I figured the same for AFI's....

littleleadfoot
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I sure will Aaron. Winter is here, just lovely!!!![laugh]

Brrrrrrrr[coffee]sooo chilly down here.

morkable
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
yeah it sucks up here too,, darn snow,,, wind came up,, blew my stack covers off ,, so I am sure that my stacks are full of snow now too... lol

Kevin

Lil Dog
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
yeah it sucks up here too,, darn snow,,, wind came up,, blew my stack covers off ,, so I am sure that my stacks are full of snow now too... lol

Kevin

A little fire like the display at AAB would fix that.[laugh]

dodgediesel
11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Kevin, fire that Black Beast up and wake the neighbours!!! Jason, stranger, how's it going??? Ramtd02, how come you dyno'd in 6th gear???

ramtd02
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I didn't.....maddog did on his dyno....i asked him too run it in 5th.....then my dyno sheet says he hit 117 mph....so he did it in 6th

dodgediesel
11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
I thought to get a 1:1 ratio, a 6 speed needs to be dyno'd in 5th gear??

ramtd02
11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I thought to get a 1:1 ratio, a 6 speed needs to be dyno'd in 5th gear??

it does....but maddog ran it that way.....after it ran I asked him why he didnt run it in 5th....he said something about the lower hp trucks needing too be in OD, so too make it fair he everyone ran in OD....truthfully in the G56 it doesnt make much difference.....my torque would have been lower in 5th and hp might have been 15-20hp higher....thats about it.

littleleadfoot
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM

Kevin

I find that good for getting the tailgaters to back off. One good barf and they go away. Already been rearended once don't want it to happen again. [laugh] I mean it hurts them more than me but I don't have time for stupidness, [dummy] have to waste enough time with my own brain farts.