PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change-of-the-guard ....

PistolWhipt
02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Fellas,

Well folks ... it's been almost a year since I was elected chapter president (time sure flies when you are having fun) and it is now time for me to hand the keys over to one of our other esteemed members in good standing with the chapter to keep us moving !!

Not to mention .... as of last night, I don't even have a diesel anymore [laugh]!! I needed a decent vehicle to use as my high mileage work vehicle. For several reasons, good ol' B.E.R.T. just wasn't gonna cut it for me, so I let it go.

I have sure had a blast as pres and hopefully, have put one or two things in line while in the chair. Our chapter is in very good standing with the overall DTR website and Natl. Chapter. We have increased local membership and have established at least one annual chapter get-together (Bass Pro).

Unless someone else has a better idea ... I would like to solicit members to nominate for the position and then put up a poll. Results of a poll should work out fine ... ???

If this is acceptable to you guys ... I would like for all nominations to be PM'd to me along with a short write up as to why this person would be a good choice for the position. I'll put everything together in some kind of order as a Chapter 30 thread for all to review and then let y'all hash it out with the poll.

SELF NOMINATIONS ARE COOL TOO !!!
If there are no better ideas to do this, then I expect to start the process on Saturday Feb 16 with the expectation to turn over to the next guy by March 15th !!!

Cheers,
PISTOL

tristan21
02-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I like all of the candidates the are not me. Which os good because I wasnt in the running. Honestly I think Ground Shaker can be the secritary of defense.
That is if he doesnt kill you for callin him the secretary.

Ground Shaker
02-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I like all of the candidates the are not me. Which os good because I wasnt in the running. Honestly I think Ground Shaker can be the secritary of defense.
That is if he doesnt kill you for callin him the secretary.

I could take care of the defense part, along with blowing up some roag beer cans and microwaves.

puffsmokeonya
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
i think pistol is doing a fine job. why cant we just re elect him?

tristan21
02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
You just need another truck. I know where a d50 is thats waiting for a 12 valve right now. Id even be willing to tell you what else to spend your money on to get it goin. I say long live the king.

Chrisreyn
02-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Guys, if we just DONT nominate anyone else, Rob will be stuck with it and have to stay............

PistolWhipt
02-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Well, ya know what they say .... If ya always do what ya always done, you'll always get what ya always got !!

I can continue if that is what y'all want .... but just kinda feels funny being the ONLY non-diesel driving guy in the chapter [laugh].

Still open for nominations though ......

Cheers,
PISTOL

tristan21
02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I just dont think anyone else wants a screen name that sounds like you got beat down and a beagle in there avatar. Yep you meet the criteria.

Tree DR
02-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Looks like there are only 3 or 4 people interested. Don't include me.
So one of you should volunteer.

astevenson
02-17-2008, 08:36 AM
We could always send pistolwhipt a cummins power badge to put on his new car!

tristan21
02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
How about a single 6" stack. And one o them can-a-smoke deals that the import guys use.

tristan21
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
We could even put a pa outside and i'll make some noise into a casette tape. This think is gonna confuse everybody.

tristan21
02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
How bout 8 lugs and some smoked runnin lights?

puffsmokeonya
02-17-2008, 11:32 PM
if its a station wagon we can put mega cab

PistolWhipt
02-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Hmmmmm ... I think you guys are on to something !! Lemme see .... where did I put that JC Whitney catalog [laugh].

Cheers,
PISTOL

Tree DR
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
High mileage work vehicle. Now a FJ isn't a work vehicle it looks nice but it can't work like bert did.
You just need to swap in a 4cyl cummins.

PistolWhipt
02-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Trying to haul a little wood the other day was kinda depressing. Luckily, there isn't that much of that kind of work to be done around here these days.

I definately think I will be investing in some kind of a small trailer to do the dirty work.

The ice storm today made for some fun time in a parking lot [guitar]. Did a few donuts and then noticed some old lady across the street dialing her cell phone as fast as she could. Figger'd I better make tracks before "Barney" came. Not like I could blend in or anything ... it's the only FJ in town and school bus yellow to boot [roll].

Darin ... I have been seeing a lot of non-local tree companies driving around town lately. You keeping busy too I suppose ???

Soooooo ..... no takers on the position, eh ???

Cheers,
PISTOL

Chrisreyn
02-22-2008, 12:47 AM

Cheers,
PISTOL

It was hard enough suckering,er, meantalking, you into taking it....[laugh]

Tree DR
02-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Trying to haul a little wood the other day was kinda depressing. Luckily, there isn't that much of that kind of work to be done around here these days.

I definately think I will be investing in some kind of a small trailer to do the dirty work.

The ice storm today made for some fun time in a parking lot [guitar]. Did a few donuts and then noticed some old lady across the street dialing her cell phone as fast as she could. Figger'd I better make tracks before "Barney" came. Not like I could blend in or anything ... it's the only FJ in town and school bus yellow to boot [roll].

Darin ... I have been seeing a lot of non-local tree companies driving around town lately. You keeping busy too I suppose ???

Cheers,
PISTOL

I'm so busy I've started ice climbing. If it keeps iceing every weekend I'm going to start a class for beginers. Who said you had to go to Alaska to ice climb.
You need some help at your place?

So what exactly does a chapter pres do other than take money and keep it?[laugh][laugh] Oh and sell their truck and defect to Yota land.[laugh]

PistolWhipt
02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Ugh .... (insert smiley with head hung low here) [laugh].

No tree issues out here, thank God. I guess we have some tough trees or something. Thanks for the offer ....

Cheers,
PISTOL

Gear Jammer
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm so busy I've started ice climbing. If it keeps iceing every weekend I'm going to start a class for beginers. Who said you had to go to Alaska to ice climb.
You need some help at your place?

So what exactly does a chapter pres do other than take money and keep it?[laugh][laugh] Oh and sell their truck and defect to Yota land.[laugh]

What's your business name?

Tree DR
02-23-2008, 06:42 AM
I sent you a pm. I get plenty of solicitors already.

Tree DR
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
ok ok ok or should it be OK OK OK....
So what does it take to be the leader before we all defect to yota land with the fuel prices like they are.

PistolWhipt
03-19-2008, 03:24 AM
ok ok ok or should it be OK OK OK....
So what does it take to be the leader before we all defect to yota land with the fuel prices like they are.

No kidding ... the price of fuel in ridiculous !! Believe it or not ... we actually have it pretty good here in Missouri. I can get 87 octane for $3.03 a gal here in Mtn. Grove .... but was paying $3.39 a gal out on the road coming back from Virginia. I would have had to take out a third mortgage on my farm to fill up B.E.R.T. !!

As for what it takes to be the "leader" of this bunch ..... stunning good looks and and at least a dial up internet connection [laugh][laugh]. Luckily, I have at least ONE of those qualities.

In all seriousness folks .... I believe that this chapter could really go places and turn into something with the right person pushing things. It's not that I don't WANT to or don't know how ... it's just that I am on the road far too much to do any justice to the position. One of you guys that is into the pulling, racing, serious bombing or just a good ol' boy with a knack for meeting people & getting things set up for people to get together would be PERFECT for the job !!

Imagine how cool it would be if you could work a group buy of some killer bombing parts for the chapter at one of the local diesel shops !! ...or to have a MODTR-30 banner flying at the drag strip .... or who knows what else. Just takes someone with a few ideas and some extra time on their hands. ****(That's not to say that one of our members who is in the position to work a deal like that shouldn't ... PLEASE FEEL FREE !!! You'll hear no slack from me !!). That is what would make people want to join and stay !!

I know Lurch has some background in this kind of stuff ... and if he doesn't want the "full meal deal" of being president, he would still be a great person to get ideas from !!

Give it some thought fellas ... but if there are no takers, I will continue on as I have been ... if you can stand a Yoda driving pres. [laugh]

Cheers,
PISTOL

Kman9090
03-19-2008, 04:16 AM
I Nominate ground shaker! How come I have never heard of any of these meetings?

Tree DR
03-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Why me???? I don't have one for sure but I've got about the slowest dialup a person can get.
Oh by the way if you haven't looked at the other threads here some truck and hopefully their drivers will be at Bass Pro the 29th 12 noon behind the catalog outlet center.
This about 4 different forums gathering so look out it might get competitive.

Gear Jammer
03-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Why is fuel in Mtn Grove always cheaper?

PistolWhipt
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Cuz we deserve it ... hahahaha.

PISTOL

coreydr2003
03-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Ya Jammer that sucks

Ground Shaker
03-20-2008, 05:06 AM
I like how Tory nominateed me and no one followed up on it....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Tory, that is a sign. They don't want me to represent them[laugh]

I don't think I will have the time as summer come around. Not to say I wouldn't want to be president of something (other than stupidity or drinking large amounts of Alch) but I don't think I am the PROPER canidate for the position.

Tree DR
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I guess no one thinks I quallify since I basically said I'd do it. Of course I will make everyone pay dues to compensate for all the alch that will be at the gatherings from now on so the entertainment will be live not just talked about....
Do I have to sign some kind of consent form for all the abuse a ch pres gets?

Chrisreyn
03-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Darrin, you'd do a fine job, particularly since you travel aroudnenough to be at most all the GTG's, which is why I didnt want it and talked Rob ito it!!!

pretty much all it requires is to keep track of the membership, make sure anything we do taht has "DTR" attached to it follows teh guidelines set out by the Nat Chapter, and organize, guide, inspire and motivate this bunch of yahoo's to DO something!!!

ya got my vote...

mcoleman
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Plus the Pres. is responsible for keeping bail money on him for the more adventourous members. And he is responsible for any charges incurred at Bass Pro for misc. expenses involving stink bait, duck calls, pontoon boats, explosions inside the store and restriping the parking lot. [laugh]

Wild4kst8
03-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Cuz we deserve it ... hahahaha.

PISTOL

i put $125 in my reserve @3.67/gal on tuesday in St. Louis Co... no strings attached

Lurch
03-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Hmmmm. don't remember the duck call.

Tree DR
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Well if there's money involved sure I'll do it. So where is the money Rob??? How much did you pass on to Rob, Chris????

satburn
03-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Hmmmm. don't remember the duck call.

I think Coleman is confusing the duck call for the "duck mounting" exhibition that Travis gave. The staff didn't seem to appreciate Travis' technique he was using, or the fact the duck was still alive...

PistolWhipt
03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Darrin, you'd do a fine job, particularly since you travel aroudnenough to be at most all the GTG's, which is why I didnt want it and talked Rob ito it!!!

pretty much all it requires is to keep track of the membership, make sure anything we do taht has "DTR" attached to it follows teh guidelines set out by the Nat Chapter, and organize, guide, inspire and motivate this bunch of yahoo's to DO something!!!

ya got my vote...

That's it in a nutshell ... and since Darin has "volunteer'd" and his name has been dropped a few times ... TAG, YOU'RE IT !!! [laugh][laugh]

I will make the necessary notifications through DTR and get the ball rolling on that end. All other "stuff" that I can turn over to ya will have to wait until I get back in state.

Congratulations Darin and I know it will be as rewarding for you as it was for me !! Please let me know if you need any assistance that I can help with in the future.

Cheers,
PISTOL

coreydr2003
03-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Well thats that Congrats Darin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground Shaker
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I think Coleman is confusing the duck call for the "duck mounting" exhibition that Travis gave. The staff didn't seem to appreciate Travis' technique he was using, or the fact the duck was still alive...

No animals were hurting during the terror I raised at the store[laugh]

mx684
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
wow i have missed out on alot....dont get online for a couple weeks and all sorts of stuff happens!! well congrats darin! i know u will do a great job!

tristan21
03-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Lamda Lamda Lamda would be proud.

Tree DR
03-26-2008, 04:59 AM
Lamda Lamda Lamda would be proud.

So you'll be at Bass Pro on the 29th right. You got your truck running so you can get there right?

tristan21
03-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Im workin in oklahoma. I wish I could. I miss everything. Im tryin to talk john into putting f1 springs and making my cp3 a stage 3 while its there. I havnt picked it up yet. I love the new power in my truck. If I had an auto it would be stinkin FAST. But I want MORE!!!