PDA

View Full Version : Smarty Jr settings

ranchertx
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I tried mine for about 10,000 miles set on economy. Lately my mileage has dropped some, so, I an running it on stock HP now. There are also settings for towing and performance. I can't really tell that much difference between stock and economy (+40HP). I may be getting slightly better economy at stock though, will have to run it a while to really know.

What settings are you using, and where have you found the best economy?
Have you tried adding timing to the settings?

Thanks

cbrahs
07-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I am on SW3 with timing 1. playing with that for a while and seeing. I am running software "S" though. still have full emissions equipment on.

ZeroTolerance
07-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Ya, IDK.... Seems like when I first added the tuner on sw#3 the truck peeled out easier than it does now? Could just be me?

cbrahs
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Ya, IDK.... Seems like when I first added the tuner on sw#3 the truck peeled out easier than it does now? Could just be me?

no its a combo of your right foot not listening to your brain (i have that problem often) and having a new baby. kinda gets a guy all excited all at once now don't it [guitar]

ZeroTolerance
07-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Ya.... Well I need more HP and Torque. 420HP and 1000ft/lbs isnt enough :)

When are they coming out with the Smarty Sr. for the 2010's dangit. It's been 2 years *** is the hold up? Gonna have to spend more money now on more performance parts :/

Also, yesterday I felt bad for this lady in a new convertible mustang with the top down; I inadvertently smoked her with my exhaust :( :peel:

cbrahs
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Ya.... Well I need more HP and Torque. 420HP and 1000ft/lbs isnt enough :)

When are they coming out with the Smarty Sr. for the 2010's dangit. It's been 2 years *** is the hold up? Gonna have to spend more money now on more performance parts :/

Also, yesterday I felt bad for this lady in a new convertible mustang with the top down; I inadvertently smoked her with my exhaust :( :peel:

the 2010 trucks for smarty has been out, 2011 threw a monkey wrench in the mix

Strjock81
07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Advancing the timing on your module should improve fuel mileage. Also, on my 2004.5 which I ran a Jr. on, I consistently got better mileage on the 70 and 100HP tunes, which seems to be fairly common across most brands, the higher the tune the better the mileage. I know it seems misleading because the 40 HP "economy" tune seems as though it should be the best for economy, but it really isn't. Load up the 70 or 100 HP tunes and keep your foot out of it.

cbrahs
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Advancing the timing on your module should improve fuel mileage. Also, on my 2004.5 which I ran a Jr. on, I consistently got better mileage on the 70 and 100HP tunes, which seems to be fairly common across most brands, the higher the tune the better the mileage. I know it seems misleading because the 40 HP "economy" tune seems as though it should be the best for economy, but it really isn't. Load up the 70 or 100 HP tunes and keep your foot out of it.

he can't keep his foot out of it. he is in the newlywed stage with the truck and power plus just had a baby the other day so his grin is being held back by his ears (keeps it from wrapping around to the back of his head) lol

ZeroTolerance
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
^ HAHAHAHA he nailed it! [duhhh]:peel:

But what should I advance timing to? I hear that can decrease the longevity of the engine when starting to mess with timing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

cbrahs
07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
i am on timing 1 right now and having good luck.