PDA

View Full Version : RB4 GPS radio - anyone have it?

Lightman
11-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey guys. Just curious about this RB4 GPS/NAV radio that they offer. My factory 6 disc in dash changer is pooped, and will be replaced under warranty this week. The service manager said they might be willing to take whatever the cost of the 6 disc in dash changer radio is and apply it toward a RB4 if I like... Just curious from those who have the RB4, what do you think of it, how easy is it to navigate etc. The screen for NAV doesn't look that big, and I'm wondering if it was worth the money. Also what did you guys pay for it? Thanks.

destry crump
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I just put one in I bought on ebay for $650.00. It ok but not as nice as the rb1. Rb1 has a map. RB4 has no map but still really nice. Voice commands and all. very precise nav system. Only problem I have had with it is my 6 disc cd changer in the back does not work over 30 seconds with the head unit. Can't figure it out.

Bubba_CTD
01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
No, it's not as nice as the RB1... but it is still nice. As much as I love to ask for directions *roll eyes* this thing does it all for me. :)

BAJA MAN
01-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Correct, not as nice as RB1, but still a very nice unit. A little smaller screeen and no map. But it is VERY precise, voice commands, Lat/Long, and does the job of getting you to your destination without any problems!! It uses arrows to direct you to which way to turn, so in a sense this can be a better feature than a having to look at map and figure which way you need to turn in relation to the map. Cost on my invoice was about $1700.

chrismez
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Check Ebay I bought mine for $1100.00, but that was when they were new. They are cheaper now, I believe they are about $850.00. The RB1 is a great unit.

jkbronco
01-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I bought one and I love it. Another good feature is that you can use navigation and the cd player at the same time.