PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for a post SUPER Majority world?

dieselcarpenter
10-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Hello Comrades,

I am curious as to what all of you see on the horizon in the unfortunate and highly likely event of a Democrat Super majority in the House, Senate, and White House?

What can we expect?

I for one fear (with much bitter gun clinging ) a far left uncheckable govt. We stand to lose our way of life as we know it in some very fundamental and lasting ways. Hammer and Sickle ony one?

I didnt want this to be a public pole, ADMINS little help? :D

GMScott
10-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Don't forget the Judicial Branch as well, with 2 Supreme Justices heading for retirement, the next president will have the priviledge of appointing 2 of their favorites which will alter the Supreme Court for at least another 20-30 years!! May God have Mercy on us!!

dieselcarpenter
10-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Don't forget the Judicial Branch as well, with 2 Supreme Justices heading for retirement, the next president will have the priviledge of appointing 2 of their favorites which will alter the Supreme Court for at least another 20-30 years!! May God have Mercy on us!!

Dang forgot dem thar gudges! [redface]

But if they control the rest they will do withe the court as they see fit! [yuk]

GMScott
10-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Dang forgot dem thar gudges! [redface]

But if they control the rest they will do withe the court as they see fit! [yuk]
I think the judges are more important and crucial to the lifestyle of the citizenry as they will rule and decide what is Constitutional or not. Like, is it a Constitutional right for you to own guns and what kind of guns can you own. It doesn't matter what the pres or congressman think, it's what the Supreme Court determines as the law of the land. That's why we want Supreme Justices who are strict constructionists and NOT those who "legislate" or create/make up law from the bench. Interpretation of what is the law, not making laws!!

dieselcarpenter
10-24-2008, 02:42 AM
I think the judges are more important and crucial to the lifestyle of the citizenry as they will rule and decide what is Constitutional or not. Like, is it a Constitutional right for you to own guns and what kind of guns can you own. It doesn't matter what the pres or congressman think, it's what the Supreme Court determines as the law of the land. That's why we want Supreme Justices who are strict constructionists and NOT those who "legislate" or create/make up law from the bench. Interpretation of what is the law, not making laws!!

Ditto, but in a super majority situation, the Pres will nominate whatever left wing scumbag he chooses and the Veto proof DEM congress will ratify them, so in effect a super majority of congress and whitehouse = a radical shift in the supreme court. since we cant choose the judges, we will all be screwed! RIP - Constitution - 1776-2008, COD: HOPE & CHANGE ;)

I think we are on the same page here.

crobtex
10-24-2008, 06:31 AM
"Public" is an option when setting up a poll. You should be able to edit the poll and take out the "public".

Ben
10-24-2008, 07:22 AM
You might as well add this for dessert....

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. " - Thomas Jefferson

u.s mma
10-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I dont see much difference at the core of the current dems and repubs, so business as usuall, with the standard dose of corporate welfare and probally some "assault weapons" ban. just further down the toilet.

05CTDN8
10-24-2008, 08:49 AM
All I can say is "Outlaw guns, and then, indeed, only outlaws will carry guns" I will be an outlaw then....."cold dead hands" all I have to say about that

cbrahs
10-24-2008, 10:22 AM
amen brother ^^^^^^^^^^

patdaly
10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh well, perhaps with the coming tribulation, Canada will be forced to build their military to protect itself.

Gee, spend money to socialize health care, or protect its borders?

Tough choice that one.

The same can be said for many countries around the world, because we sure as heck are not going to be able to guarantee their security for much longer.

dieselcarpenter
10-24-2008, 11:42 AM
"Public" is an option when setting up a poll. You should be able to edit the poll and take out the "public".

I unlciked the option, but when it first posted it said it was public but I see no users so who knows.

Keep up the voting!!