PDA

View Full Version : Our Own NCDTR #18 Member (ratlratl) selling his truck.

John_P
08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't know if you guys saw it or not, but one of our own NCDTR #18 Members, namely, ratlratl (Chris) has put his beautiful like new white Dodge CTD CR Dually up FOR SALE in our classifieds. He says in the ad "He is going to buy a 6.7.":(

Chris, are you sure you want to do this????? Man I hate to see it because our dealers down here have been having MAJOR problems with those trucks.

-------
John_P

ratlratl
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I know, I know, I know. WOW, John you work quick!!!! I have owned many auto Dodges and now a couple of manuals. I have LOVED my manuals, but have put up with alot of grief from the wife about her inability to drive these trucks. Other than that I am prepared to own this truck forever. Till Saturday that is.....I got to ride in and drive an 08 6.7 6-speed auto all day Saturday, and I am hooked with lust on that new 6-speed!!!! Full manual control, plus built in exhaust brake.....(drool,drool,drool) Best of all, it's an auto. For a factory built truck, this thing is as close to right as any Ram has needed to be. The motor is right peppy, even stock. It's just that tranny....WOW!!

Please don't shun me away just yet. I have the truck in the ads merely to test the waters. I'm not bailing out of the diesel world nor will I. When I drove that other truck, all the owner could do was complain about poor mileage. With me driving it and using the exhaust brake and that slick auto-stick feature, I managed a 17.8 hand calculated mpg average. That was with lots of backroad driving, with some highway and a bunch of idling (hot day). This truck only had 3900 miles so plenty of break in left.

It was a 4X4 3500 dually. It seemed the trick was keeping the rpm's right at 1500 without dropping below that. Below that you could tell the truck was lugging, and everyone knows how much fuel gets dumped when these trucks lug along at low rpm.

Again though, JOHN, I had barely hit the submit button before I saw this thread. WOW!!

Chris

UnrulyNFS
08-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I'd love to swap a built version of that tranny into mine.

John_P
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I know, I know, I know. WOW, John you work quick!!!! I have owned many auto Dodges and now a couple of manuals. I have LOVED my manuals, but have put up with alot of grief from the wife about her inability to drive these trucks. Other than that I am prepared to own this truck forever. Till Saturday that is.....I got to ride in and drive an 08 6.7 6-speed auto all day Saturday, and I am hooked with lust on that new 6-speed!!!! Full manual control, plus built in exhaust brake.....(drool,drool,drool) Best of all, it's an auto. For a factory built truck, this thing is as close to right as any Ram has needed to be. The motor is right peppy, even stock. It's just that tranny....WOW!!

Please don't shun me away just yet. I have the truck in the ads merely to test the waters. I'm not bailing out of the diesel world nor will I. When I drove that other truck, all the owner could do was complain about poor mileage. With me driving it and using the exhaust brake and that slick auto-stick feature, I managed a 17.8 hand calculated mpg average. That was with lots of backroad driving, with some highway and a bunch of idling (hot day). This truck only had 3900 miles so plenty of break in left.

It was a 4X4 3500 dually. It seemed the trick was keeping the rpm's right at 1500 without dropping below that. Below that you could tell the truck was lugging, and everyone knows how much fuel gets dumped when these trucks lug along at low rpm.

Again though, JOHN, I had barely hit the submit button before I saw this thread. WOW!!

Chris
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris:

Thanks for the VERY thorough explanation buddy!!;) And one thing about our NCDTR #18 Crew is "We Look Out For and Take Care of Each Other." Plus, I think alot of you Chris and I was pretty surprised to see first your Smarty, then the actual TRUCK up FOR SALE in our Classifieds Section!:o

I hear what you are saying on the 6.7's though. I have driven them too. But don't let that "lull you to sleep buddy!"[laugh] If my dealers and the Members here on DTR weren't having SO MANY problems with them Chris I would say, "Go For It!" But,.....there are piles of problems and some of them are pretty serious IMHO. I just hate to see you get a truck you are going to have problems with.:( But, I respect you and your opinion very much,.....so if your truck sells and you buy a 6.7 we will still love you!;)[laugh] You KNOW you will always be a valued and welcome Member of our NCDTR #18 Chapter.

Keep us posted on the progress Chris!

---------
John_P

ratlratl
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks John. You know that I hold your opinion in very high regard. Maybe I was lulled into a sleep by that tranny. Like I said, I have no reason to get out of my current ride, I just want to see if it's workable. I'd have to find that perfect truck anyways.

Okay, now for the truth......You set the benchmark too high for clenliness of a truck. So high I just can't keep up and I need less sheetmetal to wash....[laugh]

Thanks again John

ratlratl
08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Keegan, now there's an idea........hmmmmm

5.9 with a six speed auto.......

Chris

UnrulyNFS
08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Just for kicks and giggles, check the price on it sometime. If I only knew someone who could build it just as strong as a 48RE, then I'd be willing to bite the big one on it.

Keegan, now there's an idea........hmmmmm

5.9 with a six speed auto.......

Chris

Mcmopar
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
JP,

He really went out and bought a '08 TT powerJoke and is afraid to tell us!!![laugh][laugh]

Lary Ellis (Top)
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Just for kicks and giggles, check the price on it sometime. If I only knew someone who could build it just as strong as a 48RE, then I'd be willing to bite the big one on it.

I guarantee they are working on that as we speak ;)

Lary Ellis (Top)
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Okay, now for the truth......You set the benchmark too high for clenliness of a truck. So high I just can't keep up and I need less sheetmetal to wash....[laugh]

Boy you said a MOUTHFULL there ;)

I have to park my truck at least 50 feet from Johns truck because I can't stand to hear it sob and whimper [laugh]

ratlratl
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
JP,

He really went out and bought a '08 TT powerJoke and is afraid to tell us!!![laugh][laugh]

Now that's just not nice to say at all[verymad], considering I know where you live.....Wait, is that your discount decreasing?[laugh]

Love,

Chris

P.S. Phil, weren't you wearing a Ford t-shirt at our last meeting?

dieselfuelonly
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM

:o

Whos side are you REALLY on here Phil?

(Maybe hes a spy...)

[laugh]

Mcmopar
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM

I was gonna be mean and say your wife gave it to me:o:o, but I'll tell the truth, YOU gave it to me!![laugh][laugh]

Mcmopar
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
:o

Whos side are you REALLY on here Phil?

(Maybe hes a spy...)

[laugh]

Since the 47/48's don't seem to break anymore, I had to find something to fix[laugh][laugh]

ratlratl
08-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Okay, phase one is done. Trucks is SOLD! To a man from BAASTAN MASS.

Now onto phase two. Acquire next truck.

Then to phase three.....keeping it stock........OOOOOHHHHH Taboo!!!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Chris

UnrulyNFS
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, I don't guess you keep a truck very long considering your sig. [dummy]

Let us know what the new toy is so we can start convincing you to BOMB it.

Mcmopar
08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Those dealerships must pay pretty well:o[laugh][laugh]

ratlratl
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Okay Mr. McMackleberry, McMaynardy, McMossberg (my favorite) McMillardy, McMoosejuice......Those of us who are regulated by that thing called List price are limited compared to those of us (cough,cough,YOU) who make up their own labor rates........hmmmmmm?

I love payments!

Chris

Mcmopar
08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]McMoosejuice!!:o[laugh][laugh]you make me laugh!!!

05CTDN8
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]McMoosejuice!!:o[laugh][laugh]you make me laugh!!!

Phil,

Not a blown CAC, it was a loose hose....whoops. I blew it loose at rockingham. Still interested in the swap if he would be up for it? I will be in Fayetteville again mon-wed. Might make a trip up there.....

ratlratl
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
New to me truck coming hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. I posted up in the 2007+ forums with the info.

Chris

Mike D
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
They must be paying pretty good over at the parts house. :) I need one of them jobs so I can get shed of my rag.

ratlratl
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Please refer to post #18. I'm actually lowering my payment this time in order to get a different house maybe next year. Love the new avatar Mike. There was no better final than you and Brian that could be run that night.

Chris

masonic-dodge
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Chris

I think Mike would think that a better final would be Mike winning[guitar][guitar][guitar]

Mike D
08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Please refer to post #18. I'm actually lowering my payment this time in order to get a different house maybe next year. Love the new avatar Mike. There was no better final than you and Brian that could be run that night.

Chris

It's funny how that works out sometimes. Brian's father in-law shot that, it is a nice photo. He'll be taking photos down at our event as well.

Like anyone, I like to win but I'm just as happy to see my buddy Brian win too. We all had a hand in getting the truck running good and to see it come to fruition is pretty nice. [guitar]