PDA

View Full Version : Obama test

staarma
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Take the test. http://www.barackobamatest.com/

I disagreed with him 92% of the time.

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I also disagreed with him 92% of the time.

His views are 180 degrees the opposite of mine and every American I know on a personal basis. He is so far out of touch I can not believe he has gotten as far as he has [yuk]

mcoleman
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could support him when he wants to destroy the american way of life. All of his actual votes prove this and are dead in line with every communist that has ever lived. His supporters need to quit watching the media commercials and look up his voting record. He wants 6.00 a gallon gas for christs sake. [verymad]

Totallyrad
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I guess I'm the softy in the group, 90% here.[duhhh][laugh]

grantx5
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
88%, must be lack of sleep or something. :(

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
88%, must be lack of sleep or something. :(

Boy that was close! 87% and below you have to trade your truck in for a moped [laugh]

staarma
09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Boy that was close! 87% and below you have to trade your truck in for a moped [laugh]

[laugh][laugh][laugh] And give away half of what's left of your paycheck.

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
[laugh][laugh][laugh] And give away half of what's left of your paycheck.

[laugh][laugh][laugh] Somebody is going to give us hell for this, you know that don't you? [duhhh]

staarma
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
[laugh][laugh][laugh] Somebody is going to give us hell for this, you know that don't you? [duhhh]

Nah, they're too busy out clowning around.[laugh][laugh][laugh]
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/staarma/demreb1.gif

ramlovingvet
09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
OKAY that was funny!!!

Iron Mike
09-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I disagree 96%. I think that they have one of the questions wrong for his position. If it was marked how he really felt then I would have been at 98%.[laugh]

I think I know how I will vote.

diesel_burner
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Disagree 98%. Only one thing we agree on.

Totallyrad
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM

[laugh][laugh][laugh] And give away half of what's left of your paycheck.Time for a change![laugh]

stinkindiesel
09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
96% and proud of it. If I knew where we agreed on the other 4%, I'd change my mind.

cowboy2526
09-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I scored 98%. I would have gotten a hundred percent but i didnt understand the one question i agreed with him on until i read it for the third time, my bad. He disgusts me!

graphitecumnz
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
His supporters need to quit watching the media commercials and look up his voting record. He wants 6.00 a gallon gas for christs sake. [verymad]

Why would they do that?? He's promised to tax the 'rich' and give it to them...

ramlovingvet
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 48 of the 52 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 92% of the time.

No suprise He is such a CREEP!

Bob Beauchaine
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
94% for me obviously that was not posted by a liberal. They are all the reasons I've disagreed with him in the past.

Bob

grantx5
09-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Guess I should have worked harder so I could move beyond a community organizer. [tapdshut] [dummy]

RAMRODD
09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Nah, they're too busy out clowning around.[laugh][laugh][laugh]
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/staarma/demreb1.gif
Atleast they carpool [coffee]

Redleg
09-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Woo Hoo! 94, I don't have to buy a Segway!

ofcmarc
09-19-2008, 04:24 AM
85% but I misread a couple of those double/triple negatives and didn't realize it till the summary page. Probly woulda' been closer to 90%. He sure ain't gettin' my vote[yuk]

infidel
09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I support Obama and still got 92%
Makes it sort of hard when most of the questions are actually lies about where Obama stands.

Diesel Doc
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Makes it sort of hard when most of the questions are actually lies about where Obama stands.

Please elaborate.

I saw nothing on there that did not go with his voting record and/or prior stances.

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Please elaborate.

I saw nothing on there that did not go with his voting record and/or prior stances.

Nor did I, amazes me how many people support a candidate but truly do not know what their voting record is.

soulezoo
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
another 92% here...

And that truly did represent his stances, I don't know how one could say they were not.

mcoleman
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
They are representative and taken from his voting record in the senate. The questions were all taken from that. And it gets much, much worse. They left off a bunch of questions that they should have asked. He didn't get a public enemy #1 rating from the tax payers union for nothing.

Rock Hauler
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Another 92% There is alot that people don't know about him and they will never find out until it is too late. I don't trust him.

Fronty Owner
09-19-2008, 09:45 PM
80%

he agrees with me on privacy rights in the US.

capt.Ron
09-19-2008, 10:25 PM
94% here!!!
I must have misread something....I was expecting 100%[duhhh]

ImpulseHydro
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow, I must one of the few rightwing, gun packing, tobacca chewing, god fearing, freedom loving Americans left, :rolleyes: I scored a 98% disagreement rate with that Moron leftist from chicago.[yuk]. It doesnt suprise me though, I have read alot of the Federlist papers, and have read the Constitution/Bill of rights and Declaration of Independence. Just follow the mindset of the time when these things were writen and everthing else is fluff.
We Have TOO Many stupid Laws on the books now, All we need is a part time/one term legislature.
Doug.

FirstDodge
09-19-2008, 10:55 PM
scored 94% here. A real sick sign as to where this great country is going if he gets elected.

stinkindiesel
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Wow, I must one of the few rightwing, gun packing, tobacca chewing, god fearing, freedom loving Americans left, :rolleyes: I scored a 98% disagreement rate with that Moron leftist from chicago.[yuk]. It doesnt suprise me though, I have read alot of the Federlist papers, and have read the Constitution/Bill of rights and Declaration of Independence. Just follow the mindset of the time when these things were writen and everthing else is fluff.
We Have TOO Many stupid Laws on the books now, All we need is a part time/one term legislature.
Doug.

You lowercased "God" but capitalized "moron" ?! Are you sure you're not a member of some liberal sleeper cell? [laugh]

j/k!!

Zeus1987
09-20-2008, 01:50 AM
"You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 49 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 96% of the time."

yep, just needed some confirmation i know who I'm voting for.

DodgemnLeavem
09-20-2008, 02:26 AM
92 here surprizing really thought I had more hate for him than this.~ oh well..

RAMRODD
09-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Nor did I, amazes me how many people support a candidate but truly do not know what their voting record is.
Thats one reason I don't support McCain. He hasen't voted on a real AG related issure since 2002. Where was he and why didn't he vote? Anyone have his phone number so I can ask? All I know is he is for free trade, I am for free fair trade.
Oboma is for COOL is McCain? Bush isn't so I doubt McCain is. Don't you think it is sad that the current President of the United States doesn't want you to know where your food came from.

Bob Beauchaine
09-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Guilt by association - I love that one.

Nobamas associates

Jeremiah Wright - Oh I forgot Nobama did not hear his rantings in 20 years of attendance in his church. The candidate is Deaf[duhhh]

William Ayers - A man with a history of Radical Terrorism-Again I forgot according to CF Nobama was only 9 years old at the time once again typical Liberal Convoluted Logic.

Frank Marshal Davis - Communist - Once again Davis was most active before Nobama was born so this one does not count either - Liberal Convoluted Logic.

How many more radical anti-American freinds dose this silver tongued orator call influential in his life.

Bob

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Thats one reason I don't support McCain. He hasen't voted on a real AG related issure since 2002. Where was he and why didn't he vote? Anyone have his phone number so I can ask?

His Office phone number is easily accesible to you via a google search, if you have questions like that I urge you to call or write as I do.

All I know is he is for free trade, I am for free fair trade.
Oboma is for COOL is McCain? Bush isn't so I doubt McCain is.

Why do you assume that McCain isn't because Bush isn't? McCain is his own man and has openly gone against many of President Bush's policy's through out his career. You should not buy into all that left handed spin stuff and instead look directly for the information your self, I did and it confirmed for me that Obama is not right for the job.

Don't you think it is sad that the current President of the United States doesn't want you to know where your food came from.

No one has ever tried to hide the fact that a great deal of our food comes from foreign sources, all you have to do is look at the federally mandated labels or stickers on the products.

Clinton is the one that signed NAFTA and opened up the markets sending millions of our jobs North and South. If you like that kind of legislation then you need to vote for Nobama ;)

McCanick08
09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
80% need to start looking at mopeds v_v

streetsmoker
09-20-2008, 03:06 PM
"You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 44 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 86% of the time."

I agreed with him on privacy issues and a couple of the taxing questions. I make no apology for it. Have my own reasons. Personally, he scares the ever living crap out of me with the fact he refuses to admit factual things he's done and said by saying, "I'M NOT ANSWERING THAT!" There is just not enough history about this guy and information to the contrary that backs up his own claims. He's only been in the senate 4 years!!! 2 of those have been running for president!!!

Change can be good when it benefits the greatest number of people regardless of the sacrifice, that I agree with. But changing, simply for the sake of saying things need to change and his rhetoric of "vote for me cause It's a change" is wrong. Changing something just to only say it was a change is rarely ever good!!!!!

JDiepstra
09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
92%................

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-20-2008, 10:47 PM
80% need to start looking at mopeds v_v

Tell ya what.....Before you purchase that moped, we will let you take the test again ;) [laugh]

kelley15
09-21-2008, 12:54 AM
98% Disagreed. "Obama keep the change"

jrs_dodge_diesel
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Tell ya what.....Before you purchase that moped, we will let you take the test again ;) [laugh]

Too late ... [laugh]

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/data/500/medium/Pinky.JPG

P.J
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
The questions are so obviously bias. I got bored half way through, gave up.

Looked like I was going to be in the 50% range.

P.J
09-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Sooner this forum as a whole recognizes IT'S in the minority the better.

There is a big nation out there folks, you guys whining on here is a waste of typing. Better get used to the idea of sweeping changes and the ideas of a true Washington OUTSIDER! Last thing we need is someone who already has 26 years of Washington BS under his belt.

ramlovingvet
09-22-2008, 11:56 AM

There is a big nation out there folks, you guys whining on here is a waste of typing. Better get used to the idea of sweeping changes and the ideas of a true Washington OUTSIDER! Last thing we need is someone who already has 26 years of Washington BS under his belt.

LOL How about a little wager?
If obama gets elected I will stay off DTR for 4 months[laugh] and if McCain gets elected you stay off. [laugh]
Wanna bet about the majority?

crobtex
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM

That's what forums are for. [dummy]

Better 26 years of Washington BS than ZERO years of anything worthwhile.

P.J
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Now, you didn't have to go and bring Mrs. Palin into the conversation, that's not right.[coffee]

P.J
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
LOL How about a little wager?
If obama gets elected I will stay off DTR for 4 months[laugh] and if McCain gets elected you stay off. [laugh]
Wanna bet about the majority?

2 months and you have a deal. Lary can temporarily suspend our IP addresses.

crobtex
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Now, you didn't have to go and bring Mrs. Palin into the conversation, that's not right.[coffee]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] You have an extreme case of denial when it come to Nobamas lack of qualifications. Even you have to admit she has more experience than him....or, are you in denial about that too? What has he accomplished other than being a good public speaker?

In case you haven't noticed, she's up for VP, not the Pres.

ramlovingvet
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
2 months and you have a deal. Lary can temporarily suspend our IP addresses.

You are on ....:cool:

P.J
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
You are on ....:cool:

~300 posts in 6.3 years......?

I don't we'll even notice you gone![laugh]

P.J
09-22-2008, 01:08 PM
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] You have an extreme case of denial when it come to Nobamas lack of qualifications. Even you have to admit she has more experience than him....or, are you in denial about that too? What has he accomplished other than being a good public speaker?

In case you haven't noticed, she's up for VP, not the Pres.

His lack of "experience" in Washington is his very BEST qualification to me (and many others).

You think being experienced in the ways of lobbiest and special interests is a good thing,.................... McCain is your man.

ramlovingvet
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
His lack of "experience" in Washington is his very BEST qualification to me (and many others).

You think being experienced in the ways of lobbiest and special interests is a good thing,.................... McCain is your man.

Carter was that way and almost ruined America[duhhh]

ramlovingvet
09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
~300 posts in 6.3 years......?

I don't we'll even notice you gone![laugh]

Well I have a life outside of DTR and tons of posts are very unimportant to me.

P.J
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Ruined America?

Wow.

crobtex
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM

But yet you think it's bad for Palin?

Washington always has, and always will be full of politicians catering to lobbiest and special interest groups....obama is no exception.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080212082543AAf0CS4

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/us/politics/30donate.html?fta=y

http://mobyrebuttal.blogspot.com/2008/03/obama-special-interests.html

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=9490

P.J
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Nah, I think it's just fine for Palin. Palin get a pass because she's a MILF, simple as that.

Like I said, no worries, it'll be a landslide of epic proportions.

Diesel Doc
09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Last thing we need is someone who already has 26 years of Washington BS under his belt.

Obama's vp has been in washington over 30yrs and his SON is a lobbyist

crobtex
09-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Hard to justify that argument. [laugh]

Zeus1987
09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Last thing we need is someone who already has 26 years of Washington BS under his belt.

so if the demorats win we get somebody with no experience and somebody with 30 years of washington BS under their belt ?

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Whoa,..... listen to your religious right partners here, we are talking about the PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, not the VP.

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Hard to justify that argument. [laugh]

Actually, doesn't need justification, you haven't seen the recent ads apparently? [nonono]

7 of McCains TOP advisers are lobbyist,............. FACT.

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
so if the demorats win we get somebody with no experience and somebody with 30 years of washington BS under their belt ?

It's not the "democrats" that are going to win in November when Obama sweeps the election, it's all of America, all of us.

Unless that is, you think the last 7.75 years have been as glorious as some people here think they've been?

Diesel Doc
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Whoa,..... listen to your religious right partners here, we are talking about the PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, not the VP.

About 10 post ago YOU were talking about the Rep VP.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at with the religious thing.

I guess it will be quiet around here with you gone for 2 months.

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
About 10 post ago YOU were talking about the Rep VP.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at with the religious thing.

I guess it will be quiet around here with you gone for 2 months.

When I was talking about here it was a joke, one that didn't take much to get either.

We'll see who's gone, lots of crow to be eaten around here. That and a bunch of crying and whining for the next 4 years. [redface]

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
That's what forums are for. [dummy]

See, fairly obvious I was joking.

Diesel Doc
09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
We'll see who's gone, lots of crow to be eaten around here. That and a bunch of crying and whining for the next 4 years. [redface]

Crow is tasty.

You have to joke about it because nobody in your party wants to have that debate.

We will see who the first to cry is if your prediction comes true. You will probably be the first to cry when diesel is $7.00 a gallon and the "oil men in the whitehouse" are gone. Taxes get raised on corporations so inflation goes through the roof. Min wage gets raised to "living wage" so unemployment goes up. Taxes going over 50% will make me and every other small bussiness either go under the table or close our doors completely. The list goes on.

graphitecumnz
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Taxes going over 50% will make me and every other small bussiness either go under the table or close our doors completely. The list goes on.

That sounds awfully un-patriotic... [nonono]

P.J
09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Crow is tasty.
You will probably be the first to cry when diesel is $7.00 a gallon and the "oil men in the whitehouse" are gone. Taxes get raised on corporations so inflation goes through the roof. Min wage gets raised to "living wage" so unemployment goes up. Taxes going over 50% will make me and every other small bussiness either go under the table or close our doors completely. The list goes on.

Scare tactics, heard em all before. It's a staple in the republican party now,.......

Kind of like, um, aluminum tubes used for the enrichment of uranium, how about some yellow cakes that never existed.....?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

crobtex
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Kind of like, um, aluminum tubes used for the enrichment of uranium, how about some yellow cakes that never existed.....?

You mean all the info your demo cronies all believed to be true?

Back to the lobbyist........did you read the links I posted? Do you not believe obama will have lobbyist? You can believe most of his crap if you want to, but surely even you don't believe he is going to do away with lobbyist and favoritism. He hasn't been around DC long enough to know how it operates and will listen to a lot of bad advise because of his ignorance. Kinda like another Mike Tyson....................

Diesel Doc
09-22-2008, 07:22 PM
That sounds awfully un-patriotic... [nonono]

It very well is. But I can't afford to pay that rate. Things are slow now and my customers can't afford me raising my rates to compensate for taxes going up so either I go off the charts or close down and find a job working for someone that can afford it.

Diesel Doc
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Scare tactics, heard em all before. It's a staple in the republican party now,.......

How are they scare tactics. More like simple mathematics. Raise my taxes I have to raise my price so you pay more for my services. I am not going to pay out of my pocket for a tax increase I still need x amount of money to live. You raise minimum wage and I will have to get rid of the 2 highschool kids that come around to help cleanup and learn a little hear and there and hire one guy that is worth the money to clean up and that will probably only be part time.
I need the government out of my life not holding my hand.

boostjunkie1
09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
WOW, I was 100% against his views and did not realize it :o...... I want someone to find a Mcain test so that we have a fair comparison here [coffee]....

Zeus1987
09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
WOW, I was 100% against his views and did not realize it :o...... I want someone to find a Mcain test so that we have a fair comparison here [coffee]....

crap ...... i need to go back and find what question/s i agreed with obama on and disagree.

EDIT : i was watching the TV today and one of those commercials about the right change which is a non partisan commercial, anyway the guy yelling over the loud speaker on a bridge to people who stopped and got out of their cars said the government is taking half of his paycheck, that got me thinking. all the taxes including gas,any goods,what they take out of your paycheck before you even get it. i realized that in the end about half my paycheck has went to the government [verymad] and obama only wants more. [dummy]

ramlovingvet
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
When I was talking about here it was a joke, one that didn't take much to get either.

Sort of like you last 8 years and the next 8 too LOL.

P.J
09-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Sort of like you last 8 years and the next 8 too LOL.

Not far from it. [laugh]

staarma
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah, taxing the rich and spreading it around to the less fortunate (aka didn't get off their butts to do anything to help themselves) isn't really a great idea. All that will do is demotivate the rich. They will stop hiring people, stop investing in open markets and hoard their money. That will contribute to a failing economy more than our own greed did with the housing crisis. The republicans and/or democrats aren't to blame for our economy, we are for getting greedy with wanting more and bigger. Everyone thought that their house was really worth what it said on paper so they sold it and bought a bigger one that over inflated too or they took out a second or HELOC and started buying toys they couldn't afford in both instances betting on the further appreciation of their homes. When the deprecitiating started they were in big trouble quick and we are where we are today because of it. The war has cost us because Clinton deminished our military to almost nothing. So it took a busload of money to bring it back. In the meantime though our balance sheet looked great. I could do the same at my business. I could fire everyone and then over the next two months just fill pipeline orders and my balance and income statements would look awesome but the time would eventually come to either fold or reinvest in a whole new staff and then guess what, I would be worse off than before and that's what we're seeing right now along with the bad subprime debt we're carrying. Now, what I'd like to know is why on God's green earth would we want to bring some wet behind the ear big idea lunatic in there to "straighten" things out? We wouldn't is the answer. We need experience in the White House for at least another eight years. It would take a new cabinet a couple of years just to get to the heart of matters while we just sit in limbo? You put somoene new in there and watch what the other countries do. I'm talking about Russia, Iran, etc. who don't like us and are jealous of our world power status. They would like nothing more than to bring us down or kick us while we're down. It's like bringing a substitute teacher in a school filled with violent criminals. They will be taken advantage of because they have no experience in dealing with those kinds of individuals. It's the cabinet you are voting for. Be very careful for what you ask for. Several countries would love to have a redo when they voted the new guy in for "change". I don't want to join that list. Scare tactics you say? You betcha because for once I'm scared about this countries future and the one who wants to "change" it.

RAMRODD
09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
We need experience in the White House for at least another eight years. It would take a new cabinet a couple of years just to get to the heart of matters while we just sit in limbo? You put somoene new in there and watch what the other countries do. I'm talking about Russia, Iran, etc. who don't like us and are jealous of our world power status. They would like nothing more than to bring us down or kick us while we're down. It's like bringing a substitute teacher in a school filled with violent criminals. They will be taken advantage of because they have no experience in dealing with those kinds of individuals. It's the cabinet you are voting for. Be very careful for what you ask for. Several countries would love to have a redo when they voted the new guy in for "change". I don't want to join that list. Scare tactics you say? You betcha because for once I'm scared about this countries future and the one who wants to "change" it.
Palin is just loaded with experiance small town mayor for a few years left it in the Red. [laugh] Governor for a little over a year[redface] and her running mate is in his 70's Im scared of her being our president. [tapdshut]
I will try a change over Mcsame

staarma
09-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Palin is just loaded with experiance small town mayor for a few years left it in the Red. [laugh] Governor for a little over a year[redface] and her running mate is in his 70's Im scared of her being our president. [tapdshut]
I will try a change over Mcsame

You totally missed the point. The cabinet is what you are voting in.

joe189man
09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
roebuck9 that is over the line wow buddy you need to think about yourself a bit

i disagreed with him 67% of the time and obviously i need to research more on the canidates because i thought i was going to vote for him i think a mccain quiz is required for a fair comparison

RAMRODD
09-23-2008, 12:27 PM
You totally missed the point. The cabinet is what you are voting in.
I will take a new cabinet

crobtex
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
.....and she still has more than obama, who is running for pres, not VP. obama has a VP running mate that confessed to the world that he is not the best choice! Also, why is it that obama, nor his cronies and liberal media friends, never talk about his qualifications ...... Could it be that he don't have any? Or, does being a good speaker qualify him for pres?

Some folks need to ....... never mind.....

herb
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM

You AGREED with the Barack Obama position on 29 of the 51 test questions. This means you agree with the Obama position 57% of the time

if a someone with a "stance " against McCain were to post such a TEST, i/m sure it would slant the questions in such a way as to make the outcome favor McCain.

bnold
09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Pretty biased quiz for sure.. but I disagreed 45 out of 51 88%

patdaly
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM

Just how many of Obamas advisors are "experienced" in the ways of lobbyists and "special interests"?

I seem to be able to find a fair amount, why can't you?

Remember, my state loosed that squirrel on the system........ but then, he fits the Chicago machine mold perfectly.

chipmonk
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
roebuck9 that is over the line wow buddy you need to think about yourself a bit

AMEN. in what world (other than one where wearing white sheets are the norm) would anyone think that was ok to post.

glad to see it was pulled.

P.J
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I have to say, the way things have been around here recently, I'm honestly surprised that anyone would have a problem with blatant shows of racism.

I'm guessing it will take about another 20-25 years for all the old heads that still think whites are the superior race to die off. Things would be less convoluted then, it will be easier to see ones true motivation in both politics and life in general.

Zeus1987
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
one thing that gets me about obama is his "friends" i just cant help but think that he has these tight ties to such radical people.

Another big issue for me is his stance on gun control, way out of touch.

* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

11 full quotes on gun control. http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

I like to hunt and i see this guy as a threat to the second amendment.

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-23-2008, 08:47 PM
I have to say, the way things have been around here recently, I'm honestly surprised that anyone would have a problem with blatant shows of racism.

I don't have a clue why you say something like that, we have made it QUITE clear that we will not tolerate things like that on this forum.

It would have been removed a lot sooner except no one was bothered by it enough to report it to me.

crobtex
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM

You must be reading different posts than I am, unless you think that peoples opinions of obama and his miss's being racist makes us racist. Of course you would.......:rolleyes:

I'm guessing it will take about another 20-25 years for all the old heads that still think whites are the superior race to die off. Things would be less convoluted then, it will be easier to see ones true motivation in both politics and life in general.

You best do a little research on the ages of people in the Caucasian movements. If you didn't have the blacks to prop up your racism rants, you would be using the Hispanics, Orientals, Muslims, etc. Brace yourself........it will never go away.

chrisfer
09-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Well I was a Ron Paul guy, but McCain/Palin scare the hell out of me. I actually liked McCain in 2000 for the republican nomination, but he has changed since then. He's gone off the deep end. Palin doesn't have what it takes to be president as far as I have seen (and McCain would be the oldest president ever elected making her more relevant). I'm not a huge Obama fan (he's leans too close to socialism for my taste and also the gun rights thing irks me too), but I can't see voting for McCain with the infiltration of the neoconservative movement and religious right into his campaign.

Also, this test was clearly designed to give a high percentage of disagreement with Obama. The source is an anti-Obama writer. A similarly misleading test could be designed for any candidate.

chipmonk
09-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Another big issue for me is his stance on gun control, way out of touch.

I like to hunt and i see this guy as a threat to the second amendment.

the NRA and the GOA (Gun Owners of America) seem to think McCain is a threat to the 2nd amendment, even giving McCain an F- as a grade.

read it and weep:

Gun control

According to a review by Gun Owners of America (GOA), "in 2001, McCain went from being a supporter of anti-gun bills to being a lead sponsor".[272] McCain's GOA rating went from a "C-" in 2000 to an "F-" in 2006.[273]

this goes into depth on the subject:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin430.htm

Mattster
09-24-2008, 03:17 AM
92% disagree.

P.J
09-24-2008, 05:32 AM
I don't have a clue why you say something like that, we have made it QUITE clear that we will not tolerate things like that on this forum.

It would have been removed a lot sooner except no one was bothered by it enough to report it to me.

If you don't have a clue, then why are you readily admitting that most of the membership was fine with it?

P.J
09-24-2008, 05:34 AM

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-24-2008, 06:31 AM
If you don't have a clue, then why are you readily admitting that most of the membership was fine with it?

I am not admitting anything, I am saying that not even YOU bothered to report it. I had to find the stupid thing on my own. The only one around here making racist comments is you, except for the occasional moron that posts offensive cartoons like the one I removed.

P.J
09-24-2008, 06:53 AM
The only one around here making racist comments is you,.........

I think we both know that isn't true.[nonono]

crobtex
09-24-2008, 07:14 AM
I think we both know that isn't true.[nonono]

Hmmmm......This sounds like racism against older white folks.

P.J
09-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Hmmmm......This sounds like racism against older white folks.

I am white, it's older, close minded white men that get me lumped into their category.

I think Lary is referring to a joke I made a week or so ago about a Jewish person. Tasteless, yes,....... racist, no.:rolleyes:

Bob Beauchaine
09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I think that the main reason that the NRAs, of which I am a member, and the GOAs ratings is due to his support for the bill prohibiting Political special intrest groups from advertising 90 days prior to a national election. The NRA went to court to try to get this overturned under the First amendment and the courts upheld this little gem of a law.

I have not researched McCains position on gun control but it is one heck of a lot better than Nobama. Like Bill Mahar said "Democrats don't want your guns". What he did not do was finish the statement with the following - they just don't want you to have them.

Bob

jigdog
09-24-2008, 07:33 AM
i disagree with him 99.9% and it not because he is black/white its because he is a screaming socialist that would turn the u.s .over to the u.n.,after the war.
[coffee]

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I am white, it's older, close minded white men that get me lumped into their category.

I think Lary is referring to a joke I made a week or so ago about a Jewish person. Tasteless, yes,....... racist, no.:rolleyes:

No sir, I am referring to your comments in this thread. I don't see anyone talking about Obamas color except you. I myself don't care if he is purple with green polka dots and I am one of those "Old Heads" you mention.

I do care that he is a Socialist/ borderline Commie and they come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

P.J
09-24-2008, 08:27 AM
You don't have to mention it, it's an underlying fact of the election. Even the pollsters are looking at it closely now. The thinking is that people may say they are going to vote for Obama, but when they get behind the curtain they just won't be able to vote for a black man. The "undecided" are going to decide this election.

You guys really think I am the only one who notices this?

Lary Ellis (Top)
09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
You don't have to mention it, it's an underlying fact of the election. Even the pollsters are looking at it closely now. The thinking is that people may say they are going to vote for Obama, but when they get behind the curtain they just won't be able to vote for a black man. The "undecided" are going to decide this election.

You guys really think I am the only one who notices this?

That may very well be true, what I am saying is we do not want racially motivated comments or material on this forum. I am talking specifically about content on this forum, not what you are seeing elsewhere.

I took your earlier comment to mean that you were not surprised to see that stuff here as if we made a habit of allowing it on this forum. We do not and I remove it whenever I see it or if a member is kind enough to report it.

P.J
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Oh, I see.

I didn't mean the site condones the activity, I was just pointing out that it exists here. I am positive you will remain diligent in maintain the integrity of the site.

staarma
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
the NRA and the GOA (Gun Owners of America) seem to think McCain is a threat to the 2nd amendment, even giving McCain an F- as a grade.

read it and weep:

Gun control

According to a review by Gun Owners of America (GOA), "in 2001, McCain went from being a supporter of anti-gun bills to being a lead sponsor".[272] McCain's GOA rating went from a "C-" in 2000 to an "F-" in 2006.[273]

this goes into depth on the subject:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin430.htm

That's funny. If you actually know what they are talking about and who the GOA is you would know most of that article is twisted in a way to make it look as though McCain is against gun ownership. It's simply not true. We need the laws that are in place currently. If we go wide open then the discretion is gone and we have a lawless gun society who is the very target of many whackos. If we keep a tight reign on the laws as they are then we are not such big targets. Pick your battles. I'm perfectly ok with gun shows needing FFL's to buy, trade or sell weapons. I have nothing to hide. If you are right with the law you should have nothing to hide. A face to face outside of an organized gun show to buy, sell or trade firearms is within the law and can be easily done without any criminal activity.

BTW, GOA stands firmly behind Obama if anyone cared to guess.

mcoleman
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
That's funny. If you actually know what they are talking about and who the GOA is you would know most of that article is twisted in a way to make it look as though McCain is against gun ownership. It's simply not true. We need the laws that are in place currently. If we go wide open then the discretion is gone and we have a lawless gun society who is the very target of many whackos. If we keep a tight reign on the laws as they are then we are not such big targets. Pick your battles. I'm perfectly ok with gun shows needing FFL's to buy, trade or sell weapons. I have nothing to hide. If you are right with the law you should have nothing to hide. A face to face outside of an organized gun show to buy, sell or trade firearms is within the law and can be easily done without any criminal activity.

BTW, GOA stands firmly behind Obama if anyone cared to guess.

No GOA does not stand behind Obama and McCain has been anti-gun for years. He has voted for everything that conservatives did not like for years but now that he's what's been handed to them they think he's great.[yuk]
( But sure enough, Obama is a committed anti-gunner.) That's GOA's comments on Obama.

Oh and news flash, laws don't stop "whacko's" from doing something illegal with firearms. All they do is prevent honest people from enjoying firearms and ammunition at an affordable price.

mcoleman
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/palin.htm

Link to GOA's comments on the people running for office.

staarma
09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh and news flash, laws don't stop "whacko's" from doing something illegal with firearms. All they do is prevent honest people from enjoying firearms and ammunition at an affordable price.

I probably didn't word that the best. I meant if no laws are in place then every liberal whacko will be looking for any excuse to push their agenda. BUt your comment could be used with this thinking as well in that they don't need an excuse to keep pushing the issue even with laws in place.

You are also right about the GOA. I was thinking of the American Hunters and Shooters Association. These guys are doing battle with the NRA right now and are in full support of Obama. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/23/politics/main4472798.shtml

mcoleman
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Didn't something come up about that group during the last election. I thought they were formed by the liberals to try and sway people away from the NRA and GOA. And it didn't work.[laugh] Their little group doesn't understand what the 2nd Amendment is about. Hunting has nothing to do with it.

staarma
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah, BHO never said he would take hunting rifles away. He said he would take semi/assault weapons and handguns away. Also, no more CCW's either. One gun a month limit and no more private sales along with host of other laws and regulations. What most don't realize is if we are willing to compromise then eventually we'll paint ourselves in a corner and we will no longer be able to possess any firearms.

Zeus1987
09-24-2008, 06:38 PM
palin, even though she is running for vice president what do you think her stance on gun laws is considering she is a NRA life member.

Bob Beauchaine
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Lets remember that the Bill of Rights was sought by the then states to insure that the Federal Government did not get too powerful and is one of the Charters of Freedom. With that in mind I would have to consider that it is not within the "Presidents" power to negate it. To me it would allow states to disolve their agreements with the Federal Government. It was either Montana or Wyoming that made the point that it's agreement with the union was very specific on this point - if the Supreme Court decided that it was not an individual right.

Washington with its new code and Chicagos Mayor Daly are already in Civil Disobedience with their refusal to obey the law. Why is that any different than others taking a Civil Disobedient stand in the oposite direction? After all they have set the precedent for Civil Disobedience.

Bob

crobtex
09-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Obama must think the whole USA is just like Chicago. Gun control freaks need to work on the criminal sector and leave the rest of us alone.

Bob Beauchaine
09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Gun Control is not about guns it's about control as in socialism/communisim.

Bob

chipmonk
09-25-2008, 01:20 AM
No GOA does not stand behind Obama and McCain has been anti-gun for years. He has voted for everything that conservatives did not like for years but now that he's what's been handed to them they think he's great.[yuk]
( But sure enough, Obama is a committed anti-gunner.) That's GOA's comments on Obama.

EXACTLY! that's what the article was referring to.
McCain (as a neo-con) has at one time or another stood and fought against what true conservatives have been standing and fighting for, for years, but now is pandering to them like he's been in our corner, fighting for us for years......... BULL!

jd4230
09-25-2008, 02:07 AM
94% of the time I disagree for me!!

Diesel Doc
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=staarma;2220953]Yeah, BHO never said he would take hunting rifles away. He said he would take semi/assault weapons and handguns away. [QUOTE]

No he doesn't want to take hunting rifles away he just wants to ban any ammo that is capable of compromising body armour which is nearly any hunting ammo larger than standard handgun loads. My 300mag is capable of going clean through a kevlar helmet and out the other side at 300yds with standard nonpiercing match ammo. Even a little AK round can penetrate a standard vest. So unless you are hunting squirels or can hunt within buckshot/bow range for large game he doesn't even want you hunting.

Make no mistake obama does not want anyone to have guns and his running mate helped write the clinton gun ban.

Zeus1987
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
for anyone that hasnt seen it before and supports obama or is undecided watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o this was posted in another thread but i feel it HAS to get out.

bnold
09-26-2008, 12:06 PM
for anyone that hasnt seen it before and supports obama or is undecided watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o this was posted in another thread but i feel it HAS to get out.

Good vid!!

staarma
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I wondered why old Nancy all of the sudden cared about the poor people who have lost their homes. Perhaps a bit of guilt, remorse? Nope, just a cover up.

herb
09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=staarma;2220953]Yeah, BHO never said he would take hunting rifles away. He said he would take semi/assault weapons and handguns away. [QUOTE]

No he doesn't want to take hunting rifles away he just wants to ban any ammo that is capable of compromising body armour which is nearly any hunting ammo larger than standard handgun loads. My 300mag is capable of going clean through a kevlar helmet and out the other side at 300yds with standard nonpiercing match ammo. Even a little AK round can penetrate a standard vest. So unless you are hunting squirels or can hunt within buckshot/bow range for large game he doesn't even want you hunting.

Make no mistake obama does not want anyone to have guns and his running mate helped write the clinton gun ban.

This gun control issue is a standard Republican ploy they try for every election---truth be known there are more redblooded Joe six pack gun toteing redneck democrat hunters than there are republicans

staarma
09-26-2008, 02:27 PM
truth be known there are more redblooded Joe six pack gun toteing redneck democrat hunters than there are republicans

Nothing to do with it. The fact is that BHO has said it himself that he has no issues with legitimate hunting rifles. He clearly speaks out about semi/assault weapons, handguns and CCW permits and wants to limit your purchases to one gun a month. My point is you let them take away one 2nd amendment right then you are saying that you are open for compromise. The constitution cannot be compromised, not even by the smallest of margins. It can't be added to or taken away from.

herb
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Nothing to do with it. The fact is that BHO has said it himself that he has no issues with legitimate hunting rifles. He clearly speaks out about semi/assault weapons, handguns and CCW permits and wants to limit your purchases to one gun a month. My point is you let them take away one 2nd amendment right then you are saying that you are open for compromise. The constitution cannot be compromised, not even by the smallest of margins. It can't be added to or taken away from.

Kinda like taking away individual rights--unathorized search and seizures--wire tapping without a warrent ect.

Bob Beauchaine
09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Nobama does not want your hunting rifles he just likes to know where they are. Sounds like Commifornia about 15 or so years ago. They did not want residents asualt style weapons they just wanted to know where they were. Within a year those weapons were confiscated. Double speak CLL at its best.

Bob

staarma
09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Kinda like taking away individual rights--unathorized search and seizures--wire tapping without a warrent ect.

Last I looked, those were never in the constitution but I could be wrong. If you have nothing to hide those issues should not matter to you anyway.

Diesel Doc
09-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Last I looked, those were never in the constitution but I could be wrong. If you have nothing to hide those issues should not matter to you anyway.

Very true. I love the individual rights argument. The constitution says nothing about any expected right of privacy private or public. I have nothing to hide in my phone calls. I also think it is funny that everyone thinks it is something new that GW came up with. Government listening has been going on since JFK. I can't get very far into it but the government has the abillity to listen to ANY electronic comunication ANYWHERE in the world. I couldn't care less if they listen in on overseas phone calls or any phone calls for that matter.

herb
09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Very true. I love the individual rights argument. The constitution says nothing about any expected right of privacy private or public. I have nothing to hide in my phone calls. I also think it is funny that everyone thinks it is something new that GW came up with. Government listening has been going on since JFK. I can't get very far into it but the government has the abillity to listen to ANY electronic comunication ANYWHERE in the world. I couldn't care less if they listen in on overseas phone calls or any phone calls for that matter.

I have nothing to hide but that is not the issue. The issue is we should have the right to our privacy without "big brother" listening in without a legally obtained order caused by reason

Bob Beauchaine
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Excerpts from the first 10 amendments to the Contitution better known as the Bill of Rights:

A portion of the Preamble to the Bill of Rights:
"The convention of a number of states, having at the time of their adopting of the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of this institution."

Article IV
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particulary describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The War Powers Act having been enacted as a result of WWII was abolished after the end of that war. The powers there in described are still in use in this counrty.

I too have felt that I have nothing to hide but slowly but surely the people sworn to uphold the Constitution have eroded the fabric of the Charters of Freedom. More imporatantly they continue to do it without due process and we continue to allow it.

All we need is for one of these Rights in the Bill of Rights to fall and the rest are not far behind.

Bob

herb
09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Excerpts from the first 10 amendments to the Contitution better known as the Bill of Rights:

A portion of the Preamble to the Bill of Rights:
"The convention of a number of states, having at the time of their adopting of the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of this institution."

Article IV
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particulary describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The War Powers Act having been enacted as a result of WWII was abolished after the end of that war. The powers there in described are still in use in this counrty.

I too have felt that I have nothing to hide but slowly but surely the people sworn to uphold the Constitution have eroded the fabric of the Charters of Freedom. More imporatantly they continue to do it without due process and we continue to allow it.

All we need is for one of these Rights in the Bill of Rights to fall and the rest are not far behind.

Bob

That about says it all, unfortunatly the people we need to read and enforce it don't.:(

Diesel Doc
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
I have nothing to hide but that is not the issue. The issue is we should have the right to our privacy without "big brother" listening in without a legally obtained order caused by reason

What I don't get is it would be ok if you called in on your neighbor and said he was building bombs in his basement and was threatening to blow up your son the cops could enter his house on probable cause and not need a warrant. Now if you just called in on your neighbor and said he had questionable friends and was building bombs in his basement but wasn't threatening anyone it wouldn't be ok to tap his phone? Whats the difference?
Maybe I am wrong because of my prior experience but to me if it was to save one American life I have no problem with suspected people being spied on.

Diesel Doc
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Diesel Doc;2223186][QUOTE=staarma;2220953]Yeah, BHO never said he would take hunting rifles away. He said he would take semi/assault weapons and handguns away.

This gun control issue is a standard Republican ploy they try for every election---truth be known there are more redblooded Joe six pack gun toteing redneck democrat hunters than there are republicans

How is it a ploy when you can read the legislation for yourself. Something most democrats evidently will not take the time to do.
As to the second part of your statement. I wouldn't put too much money down on that statement. I didn't see one PRO Obama sticker or anything else at Camp Perry or any other match this year, and I would be willing to bet less than 20% of the nra's membership is voting for Osama this year.