PDA

View Full Version : May Madness updates.

StakeMan
05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
I know there are some DTR members who are at May Madness and have internet. How about some news and updates for us unlucky ones?

StakeMan
05-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Come on fellas. Somebody has to know something.

Idaho CTD
05-10-2003, 04:27 AM
Here are just a few of the ones I know about.<br><br>Joe D. 763hp on #2 with a single turbo<br>Me 616hp<br>Maddog 686hp on #2 with twins<br>Nowell 685hp on#2 and 793 with nitrous<br>HeberRam ran about 690hp on drugs<br>Blair Pine 501hp with the cleanest '96 you'll ever see<br>ATS did 540 with their Duramax<br><br>It's late so that's all I can think of ;D

Bart Timothy
05-10-2003, 08:03 PM
There was a white truck out of Washington state (goes by the name of &quot;Opie&quot;) which was in the 650's and a couple of ok running Fords (if you consider anything above 350 hp is good for a Ford). Lots of Dodges were in the mid 400's.<br><br>Sometimes the big numbers don't tell everything. Lance Groft laid down a 453 with his '94, 160 pumped, peeling paint, work truck which has 211k on the odometer. He then turned a 13.98 at the strip.<br><br>Idaho CTD was in the low 13's at the strip and the white Washington truck made one pass at a 13.5?. The ATS Duramax made some impressive mid to low 13 second runs and was having lots of steering control problems off the line. The ATS Ford broke on the starting line and didn't make a run. The ATS Dodge was in the mid to high 13's. HVAC was in the low 13's all night, and later on, went a 12.79. There was a red truck with a white tail gate which hit some high 13's, a grey 12v dually in the high 14's, a green &quot;trailered&quot; 12v out of Ca in the mid to low 13's, and a &quot;boxed&quot; '03 HO which had one run in the high 15's.<br><br>Sorry, I don't remember exact numbers, or even names for that matter. I'm getting too old. MM03 has been fun.

phox_mulder
05-10-2003, 09:12 PM
They need to move May Madness to early June.<br><br>Being in TV, with Ratings Sweeps being in May (July, November, and February) it is forbidden to take any time off during those months. :'(<br><br>Maybe in early June it can be called May Madness Makeup.<br><br>If the current occupation situation continues, I'll neve make to one of those.<br><br>Would love to see those numbers being produced, both Dyno and Drag.<br><br><br>phox

Bob Wagner
05-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Way to go OPZ01 (Opie) you made us proud ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br><br>Steve makes bullet proof output shafts for an auto that will hold 3K lbs. of torque ;D

DEZLPWR
05-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Way to go OPZ01 (Opie) you made us proud ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve makes bullet proof output shafts for an auto that will hold 3K lbs. of torque ;D

Nice work Opie! ;D ;D
BTW, does Steve work for ATS? ??? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

MADDOG1
05-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Wow! What a blast this year at MM. I really have to give a lot of credit to Piers at PDR for setting up one awesome Stoopid Pump, and camshaft. ;D And Nowel Thomas (HVAC) Perfomance Diesel for a twin turbo set-up that works awesome, as well as a set of injectors that provide some serious fueling. The total package produced a very streetable 686 hp with a peak boost of 73lbs and 1160 EGT pre-turbo on the dyno. The truck will pull a heavy trailer behind it and stay well below 1200 egt pre-turbo, and pull steep grades at the speed limit (75mph) with no problem. You gotta love a Ford with a twin turbo Cummins in it. ;D

MYTRNx3
05-11-2003, 07:13 PM
I'll have a bunch of pics from the drags developed this week. <br><br>You might have seen my truck - orange flag and more or less taking the better part of a min going down the track...<br><br>&lt;--- BOMB BUG dun bit me though... That's gonna change rite quick..

05-11-2003, 11:23 PM
I got videos of Joe D's 764 hp run on straight #2 - and Steve (Heber Ram) 699 on nitrous - as well as most of the rest...<br><br>My own 311 HP with just a Comp was impressive... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] (I should have qualified for LOW HP honors)<br><br>Went to the drags, but was VERY dissappointed that the Dodge diesels didn't run until VERY late - way to late for a senior citizen like me! So, I left early at 9:30, very few of the serious runners had even arrived yet, and had to miss the real diesel action. The early runs by most of the diesels at that time were so SLOW, you could head for the bathroom as they started, and be back in your seat in the stands before they crossed the finish line... There were a couple of '03's, and the rest older, that were running - a kid on a moped was taking pictures at the start, and then getting to the finish line ahead of them to take their pics again as they finished... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]<br><br>REAL disappointing to see '03's turning 17.9 @ 74 mph... My old '91 was good for 16.9 @79 mph at Sacramento Raceway...<br><br>A good time tho', lots of neat folks, and a fun trip!

StakeMan
05-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Sounds like that track has some issues. [eyecrazy]

KatDiesel
05-12-2003, 01:55 PM
This video work?<br>Nathan Vs Clint (http://members.cox.net/katdiesel/NathanVsClint.AVI)<br><br>Taken with my lil digital camara......once its recording video I can't zoom so I couldn't focus on the times, but you can see the &quot;win&quot; light&quot;. I have more stuff it will jsut be a bit before I can pull it all off and figure out where/how to host that size of information.

MYTRNx3
05-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Kat - you must have been right next to me! <br><br>I must say as a Speedway groupie, of and on 1/4 mile runner, and a Vegas Local...<br><br>I have NEVER in the last 3.5 years of going to LVMS have I seen the Speedway staff completly disregard Safety like they did on Friday night. Additionally, the time lights only worked half of the time, and in most cases, the starter used his foot to trip the start lights. <br><br>I swear it was morons night at the LVMS. <br><br>They didn't check the track, and the water boy made it so wet - that even if you wanted to stay out of the water, you couldn't... This resulted in many of our CTD drivers - to do burn outs then break traction at the start. Shot most everyone did that. <br><br>Ya'll can bet that LVMS is going to hear from at least me... The safety thing was the worst... <br><br>Kudos to the smart CTD drivers out there who waited for the strip to be cleared before staging... Using your head never fails... <br><br>

KatDiesel
05-12-2003, 03:30 PM
<br>Kat - you must have been right next to me! <br><br><br>Yes that was me right next to you, wearing the DHRA hat.

MYTRNx3
05-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Kat, you got a PM...

StakeMan
05-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Kat,<br><br>Why didn't you race and dyno?

KatDiesel
05-12-2003, 03:54 PM
<br>Kat,<br><br>Why didn't you race and dyno?<br><br><br>I didn't take my truck. The trailer we were gonna used was stolen (the big red one) and John noticed it when he went to get it to prep it on Sunday (we were leaving monday). Since there were three of us we piled in his dad's 2003 and headed west.

StakeMan
05-12-2003, 03:56 PM
That sucks.<br><br>Couldn't you have driven your truck out there?

KatDiesel
05-12-2003, 04:00 PM
That sucks.
Couldn't you have driven your truck out there?

Yes and no. I need to rewire the pusher setup, didn't have time. So just decided to go and enjoy the show, it was a nice vacation from work. Just felt it was in our best interest to head out.

MYTRNx3
05-13-2003, 01:45 AM
That's cool. Well It's late, PM me tomorrow... I'll talk with ya then... got the straight pipe on my rig tonite... It's rad... Loud at speed... not too bad at idle...

Don M
05-13-2003, 09:05 PM
It was cool watching the dyno and drag races even though I was colder than a well digger on Friday night at the track.<br><br>It was a fun to watch Nathans truck rip down the track and then ride in it once or twice for the 1/4 mile. :)<br><br>After the race was over I watched a video my friend had made of the race and could not believe the lack of smoke on the track. Just after the truck left the line the smoke was all but gone and that truck makes 610-630HP all the time. The twins played a role as well as the injectors. He did not loose a race all night and his reaction times were kinda slow that night. The Chevy Duramax of ATS ran pretty good too. It was fun for everyone that night. Except I was freezin cold.<br><br>Don~

Cummnzpowr
05-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Don, your just cold because your from the hottest state in the U.S. [laugh]...DANG, it was perfect weather for the event,65 degrees at night..can't beat that. Where's the video's of the dyno's..i wanna see :D

MYTRNx3
05-14-2003, 12:06 AM
Ok Ok.... <br>&lt;---- I'm LAGGIN!! hahahaha<br><br>I'm off to NY for the next week... Will get the pics developed and scanned sometime next week.

PSYCHORAM
05-14-2003, 12:46 AM
<br><br><br>After the race was over I watched a video my friend had made of the race and could not believe the lack of smoke on the track. <br><br>Lack of smoke!!! Did you see me and HVAC on that track at the same time?....we got some bad info and could not make it until midnight grudge fest...track was CRAP...me running only 4tenths off HVAC all night was proof in itself.

MYTRNx3
05-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Like I said... I have never been so disappointed in the condition of the track, or the professionalizm of the staff there. (sp?)<br><br>Plus that, all the kiddies were out... Screw that... nothin worse than having to share the track with RICE!

Bart Timothy
05-14-2003, 01:14 AM
The track was run much better this year than last, in my opinion. There was an awful lot of dead time last year. The timing light issue was a bummer.

MYTRNx3
05-14-2003, 01:20 AM
This year? It was the teeney boppers out there... Wanting to drive all the way up to the light... Shoot Must have been about 15 of them who actually thought staging was for your rear tires.... LMAO!<br><br>Whatta mess... I remember last year, it was much slower, but the track was safe ya know... At least no one got hurt<br>

Push Rod
05-14-2003, 02:04 AM
<br>65 degrees at night<br><br>Don was cold at 65F? :o<br><br>I think someone needs to change his handle to WimpyDon<br><br> [laugh]<br><br>Rod

Don M
05-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey the wind was blowing something like 25 MPH :o [laugh]<br><br>Don~

MYTRNx3
05-14-2003, 12:02 PM
It wasn't that bad on Friday! Thursday was horrid though.<br>Saturday - perrrrrrrrrrrrrfect ratta tat tat