PDA

View Full Version : INDTR July Meeting

DarrellB
06-27-2003, 01:07 AM
How do you guys feel about the 19th of July at my house?<br><br>Need to know if it's vacation time for some or if everyone is free for that date. I'd like to try and get as many members as I can at this one. We can get Bill to take some pics of every ones rides for the website (if he doesn't mind) and discuss having a dyno day at TST. I was going to try for the dyno day this month but I've got way too much going on to drive up and talk with Mark. ::) I have plenty of room to do some Bombing if you have anything you need done and many miles of testing grounds. (aka County roads) :) There is also the pool if it gets too hot, we can grill out or I can make a run to Cow Town for a stack of pizzas. (sorry no BBQ) :(<br><br>Give me some feed back guys so I can get the ball rolling. 8)<br><br>DB<br>

Dieseldude4x4
06-27-2003, 01:50 AM
That would be cool except I gotta go on nights again for this diesel on the 20th. The 28th through the 1st, I'll be in Somerset Pa at a seminar at Seven Springs. That is a little closer.<br>Oh well, ya'll have a good time.<br><br>DD4X4

Ryan
06-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Darrell,<br> I'll be in Niagra Falls that weekend. The only free weekend I have in July is the 26th/27th. The rest of the plans sound like fun.<br><br>Ryan

Big dawg
06-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Darrell,<br> As of now, the 19th sounds good, but that is subject to change. I'll let you know in a few weeks if I cannot go. <br> Thanks in advance for the heads up...<br>Big dawg

Farmall
06-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Geez, the July meeting. :o I showed up today the 28th at Squealer's in Mooresville and no one was there. ??? ??? No really I had to deliver a baler to a guy up there today that lived on Mooresville Rd. and I stopped in the Squealer's parking lot to call. Wish I was a week earlier so I could have joined you guys. :'(<br><br>As far as July, I think that will work for me. Remember to book me in a bay for at least a couple hours. 8) Let's see, I will have my injectors to install, turbo housing to install, valves to adjust, injection pump to set the timing up on, tranny temp. gauge to install, oh maybe a couple other things. ;D<br><br>Maybe we should just get together another afternoon when everything comes in and you can help me start. ;) That way I won't tie everything up. <br><br>Bill

SolidJunkMM
06-28-2003, 09:06 PM
July ans August are probably my busiest months w/ tractor shows and pulls. If I am open that day I would love to come down and check the bombing. I have a few I have waiting for my truck that may need tackled then as well.<br><br><br>Keep us posted on the final date decision.<br><br>Joe

reera
07-01-2003, 03:01 PM
I might try to make this. (Since it's only about a mile away.)<br>That is, if ya'll don't mind a &quot;Chebby Maxi-Crap&quot; around. ???

Farmall
07-01-2003, 03:06 PM
At least it don't have spark plugs! 8) And you are on the right track hangin' around the good guys. ;D It could be worse. It could be a Furd! :o Hope to see ya at this one. You, Darrell, and myself are going to have to get together sometime. He helped me put my Pyro gauge in last week and maybe next Monday we are going to tackle my new lift pump.<br><br>Then I will be ready for my new injectors and charger housing come the meeting date. ;D<br><br>Bill

DarrellB
07-01-2003, 10:03 PM
If I can get the one guy away from his wife we could possible have a Furd in the mix. ;)<br><br>Let's still plan on the 19th, and start thinking about times. Would you guys rather get started early or about mid afternoon? <br><br>DB

Farmall
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Heck, I say play all day or until you can't play anymore. [laugh] Of course I only live 4 miles away. ;D<br><br>Bill

ET
07-01-2003, 11:47 PM
sorry guys, :'( but i won't be able to be there that weekend. Mom and Dad are celebrating there 45th aniversery at &quot;the lake of the ozarks&quot; :) in missouri. hope you can still have fun without us there.<br>ET

DarrellB
07-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Looks like we may be missing a few members for this one, but well will just have to make do. ;) [laugh]<br><br>As far as I'm concerned you all can come and go as you please. If I get tired of ya I'll just run ya off. :)<br><br>If anyone needs some directions PM me and I'll get you here.<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-03-2003, 08:55 PM
At the rate I've been going I won't need much bombing help! Straight piped it yesterday. Took alittle longer than I thought to get up the courage to start whacking the muff like I did, but once I started ;D. Put in the 3k GSK today (thanks 98Rammer!) and :o ;D wow. All I need now is to get some more plate in it! And a few other little things.<br><br>I am trying to get it scheduled to make it, but I probably won't know until the 18th. Do I need to bring anything, beer, brats, beer, lp for the grill, beer......<br><br>Joe<br>

DarrellB
07-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I got the grill covered, bring your own drinks (beer is fine with me, I'm tired of being the only one drinking ;D), I'll get the burgers, hot dogs, and brats if you guys want to get the buns, and some chips or something to go with the burgers and dogs.<br><br>Dang, I just made myself hungry. :P :)<br><br>DB

Farmall
07-03-2003, 09:17 PM
(beer is fine with me, I'm tired of being the only one drinking ;D)<br><br><br>Ever thought maybe you have a drinking problem. :o [laugh] [laugh] <br><br>I will bring the buns and a desert. Let me know how many of each kind to bring. And what do you all want for desert? I can have my wife make brownies or cheesecake again. Or do you all want both? ;D<br><br>Bill

DarrellB
07-03-2003, 09:26 PM
<br> (beer is fine with me, I'm tired of being the only one drinking ;D)<br><br><br>Ever thought maybe you have a drinking problem. :o [laugh] [laugh] <br><br><br><br><br>I don't have a drinking problem.<br><br>I can drink alone or with someone, No problem. ;D [laugh]<br><br>DB

Farmall
07-03-2003, 09:29 PM
<br><br> (beer is fine with me, I'm tired of being the only one drinking ;D)<br><br><br>Ever thought maybe you have a drinking problem. :o [laugh] [laugh] <br><br><br><br><br>I don't have a drinking problem.<br><br>I can drink alone or with someone, No problem. ;D [laugh]<br><br>DB<br><br><br><br> [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

SolidJunkMM
07-04-2003, 06:01 PM
hho was a prinkin droblem???<br><br>Hay dawelll do u wunt me to bring burrr?<br><br>(hiccup)<br><br><br>Joe

DarrellB
07-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Just an update that it's still a go for the 19th of July.<br><br>Anyone can show up anytime after 9:00am, I should be good and awake by then. :)<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Any of the KY boys heading north for this one, or is gonna be Hoosiers only?

PourinDiesel
07-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Darrell,<br>Sorry, I'll have to miss this one.<br>I have a Metallica concert to attend to that day in Ohio.<br><br>Have a good one!<br><br>--Justin

DarrellB
07-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Justin, I got some ear plugs if you want them. :-X ;D

Looks like it's going to be a small meeting this month. That's what I thought would happen being July and all, but those that can make it are still more than welcome to come. :)

The polebarn will be open and the dinks drinks (had too much already) are cold. 8)

DB

Farmall
07-14-2003, 10:06 PM
I will be there. Can't miss 2 meetings in a row. :o<br><br>Bill

DarrellB
07-14-2003, 10:16 PM
I need a final count for the meeting on Saturday even if it's only going to be three of us. :o ;) I need to go to the store and buy some grub and need to know how many will be there.<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-14-2003, 10:20 PM
I am planning on being there. Need to get tapped for a pyro and I hear you have some experience at that. May need to do some welding on the exhaust as well. How much beer should we need? And if any of you KY boys are heading up bring me some SKI pop PLEASE.<br><br>Joe

DarrellB
07-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Looks like it will just be the 2 of us drinking so I think a case will do. :) If we need more I always keep a case in reserve, and the Store isn't but 5 minutes away. 8)<br><br>I don't have a welder, (sorry) but I got about everything else.<br><br>DB

Farmall
07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey Darrell, do you have a welder? If not I can bring my dad's little portable 110 stick welder. Bill

DarrellB
07-14-2003, 10:27 PM
<br>Hey Darrell, do you have a welder? If not I can bring my dad's little portable 110 stick welder. Bill<br><br><br>You da man. ;D<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-15-2003, 08:15 PM
May have the welding taken care of by then, but I will post here by Friday nite if I don't.<br><br>This place rocks!<br><br>

Mudcat
07-15-2003, 09:01 PM
How far from Evansville are you? Is this meeting open to anyone or do we need a special invite?

Farmall
07-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Hell a invite, what's that? I just go to Darrell's even if he don't want me there. 8) ;D Going in his barn is like going to a Sears store and a Home Depot all in one. :o [eyecrazy] No Darrell is cool about leting people use his stuff and the meeting is open to anyone. His house is probably a hour and a half from Evansville. Depends on how heavy your foot is. And that is from downtown [laugh] Evansville. Bill

DarrellB
07-15-2003, 09:32 PM
<br>How far from Evansville are you? Is this meeting open to anyone or do we need a special invite? <br><br><br>Come on up Mudcat, Like Farmall said you need no invite to come to a meeting anyone is welcome. 8) It should take you about an hour or a little more to get to my place, it takes me 45minutes to get to Ferdinan.<br><br>DB

Mudcat
07-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Heck that isn't that far. I may come on over, it depends on what time we get in from the MX races. Also how hot it is going to be since the air is out of the truck. The evaporator core [yuk], but that is the next project. Of course I wait until it is too hot to work on it. <br>As of now I am planning on coming. How long do these things last? <br>Also I have a MIG welder and a gasoline powered stick welder, if you need either one just let me know.

SolidJunkMM
07-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Bring the mig and the new core! ;) I'm sure we will be able to take care of both of them. ;D They usually start when we get there and last until we leave. [laugh] or get kicked out. <br><br>Hope to see you there.<br><br>Joe

DarrellB
07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Like he said. 8)<br><br>They last till everyone decides to leave. :)<br><br>If it's really hot the pool is open as well.<br><br>I do know that the whole dash needs to come out the replace the heater core. :o I friend of mine had his done about a month ago, think it was something like $300 at the dealer for the fix. :'(<br><br>DB

Mudcat
07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
I will be there but after I get off work, I'm going in early so I should get off by 12:00. I think the Evap core is something that I will do at home. I can't even order the replacement until I get the old one out to see which one I have. Do you still need the welder? It is no problem to load it up and bring it. Small just 130 amp plugs into 110 but works good for up to 1/4&quot;. <br>See you after noon.

DarrellB
07-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Go ahead and toss he welder in the truck Mudcat. <br><br>This meeting is starting to look bad! I just may very well be out numbered by the 12valvers. :o [laugh]<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Yes please bring the welder! ;) I have not had a chance to get things buttoned up properly, only usable.<br><br>Darrell , you will learn grasshopper that 12v's rule the world.<br><br>see you guys tomorrow<br><br>Joe

DarrellB
07-18-2003, 08:44 PM
<br><br>Darrell , you will learn grasshopper that 12v's rule the world.<br><br>Joe<br><br><br>NEVER!!!!!!!<br><br> ;D<br><br>DB

powerwagon440
07-22-2003, 12:43 AM
so how did everything go? get alot of stuff done? everyone have a good time? sorry i didnt make it maybe next time!

DarrellB
07-22-2003, 04:33 AM
<br>so how did everything go? get alot of stuff done? everyone have a good time? sorry i didnt make it maybe next time!<br><br><br>There was a whole 5 members in attendance for the meeting. ???<br><br>We succeeded in taring off one dually fender, buying 4 new tires for said dually, drinking some beer, taping a exhaust manifold, and changing my 5spd tranny fluid (actually done after everyone left). <br><br>I had a good time and I think the others did as well. :)<br><br>DB

Ryan
07-22-2003, 07:52 AM
So when and where is the August meeting? One option may be to have the Aug meeting the weekend befor Schied's Extravaganza so everyone can get the trucks prepped. Maybe we can get a better turn out.

Farmall
07-22-2003, 09:23 AM
I don't know when Scheid's event is, but I doubt I will be able to make any meeting in August. The only Saturday I have available is the 8th, and that is probably too early in the month for every one else. <br><br>Bill

powerwagon440
07-22-2003, 05:36 PM
i think ryan has a good idea there! isnt it the 22nd and 23rd of august? it sounded like alot more than 4 members where going to show up!!!!!!! hopefully ill make it to the august meeting!

SolidJunkMM
07-22-2003, 09:44 PM
As owner of said dually all I can say is :'( ,however it is a good excuse to put a flatbed on it;D<br><br>I have posted pics in my photo album on page 19.<br><br>Darrel, Are you missing any tools? [eyecrazy]

DarrellB
07-22-2003, 10:02 PM
<br><br>Darrel, Are you missing any tools? [eyecrazy]<br><br><br>Haven't noticed anything yet but it wouldn't be the first time. ::) :-[<br><br>You guys are going to be on your own for August. I've got too much going on in the next 2 months to be able to make any plans. :( I'm sure you guys can come up with something. :) As it looks right now I'm not even sure if I can make it to Schied's. :'(<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-22-2003, 10:24 PM
I popped the hood yesterday at work to tinker w/the pump and try to chase down a boost thing and your socket set was still sitting on the radiator. ::) [eyecrazy] Ya want me to UPS them down to ya? If so PM me w/ your work address and I'll send them from work.<br><br>New tires ride good. Insurance guy is coming to look at it Thurs. I think I need to get one of these.<br>http://www.turnoverball.com/ Follow the link to the custom flatbeds. ;D 8)

DarrellB
07-22-2003, 10:45 PM
You sure it's not your socket set? I'll check when I get home but I don't think I'm missing mine.<br><br>Those Elite truck beds are awesome very sexy. 8)<br><br>I'll check my toolbox in the AM and let you know. :)<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-23-2003, 06:05 PM
I think you are right ;) These ARE my socket ;D<br><br>Possesion is 9/10 of the law. ;D ;D

DarrellB
07-23-2003, 09:31 PM
I didn't look today, it was a long night last night. ::)<br><br>I wrote myself a note and will check when I get home tomorrow. ;D<br><br>DB

Mudcat
07-24-2003, 08:24 PM
I was one of the 4 Dodge guys, my first meeting. I hope to be able to make some more.<br>I remember the socket set I believe it was used to prop the fan up. <br>By the way when I got home and unloaded the welder, I used it to weld up a hitch for a friends atv. All was going good until the wire just started coming out....hmmm. I raised the spool cover and there was a rats nest in there. [eyecrazy] The wire (10lb roll) had come unspooled from the trip and the bouncing. I worked on it for a couple of hours and finally got it straightened up. Note to self..Self, put tape over spool before hauling wire welder. Now the rest this is the second time this has happened ::). The first was back in the woods fixing a friends atv after hauling it and the generator back through the swamp. You would have thought I would have remembered this time. lol.<br>Hope to see you guys again.

DarrellB
07-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Dang that socket set is mine. :o ::)<br><br>DB

SolidJunkMM
07-25-2003, 10:44 PM
WAS your socket set! Remeber possesion is 9/10 of the law ;D [laugh]<br><br>I did send it back UPS today though.<br><br>Joe

DarrellB
07-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks bud.<br><br>I would have hated to come hunt you down. ;)<br><br>DB