PDA

View Full Version : IDAHO 2 DAY BOMB PARTY, MARCH 1ST AND 2ND

muddymess
01-24-2003, 02:56 PM
CUBBYS PLACE, NEAR CALDWELL IDAHO.[nw of boise] actually near marsing. march 1 and 2. lots of projects lined up already we figguer we otta make a 2 day evnt out of it. room for 3 or 4 or more tt to park o-nite. 1 hookup. cabover camper spaces besides that. beer drinkin by the fire sat nite ;D. least for me anyway. Jay is in charge of arranging the strippers from miss sallys to come over. thanks jay. lon will bring a keg. thanks lon.

saturday lunch everyone can bring a potluck dish if they wishor somethin else. my daughter will make some homemade chili and some mushrooms

projects,,,,,,we got several kdp s lined up. we really want to kill a bunch of em. no. 1 priority is to get them out of the way. lots of 99 and older rigs that aint had that done yet. nows the time. cubby is good at this and we have others who have expierience containing the dowel pin. fuel plates. got some of them lined up. p pump timing. this has been discussed. jay and lon have the stuff and are experts at it now. i will also have the rip rook boost leak detector there to check for boost leaks and also the fuel pressure test guage to check pressure on the 24v. i dont know what other projects have been discussed. if ya dont have a project the bs sessions will be fun

plannin on a good turnout and lots of fun. harold has a good shop and a killer blast furnace in it. 3 rigs can fit inside with lots of work room. oughta be able to crank em thru and get em done

stay tuned here for more discusion. directions will be posted later

JGK
01-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey, I only do dyno set-ups. You're closer to Miss Sally's than I am, so you take it!<br><br>Sounds good. I'll mark the calender. Make sure Vaughn is notified.<br><br>Lon is still in charge of the keg... :D<br><br>-Jay

OlBlue
01-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey Muddy,<br><br>Finally found ya.<br><br>I may have DDII injectors for this party if I don't get in a hurry and install them before then. Afterall 300miles is a long time to waite [laugh]<br><br>Rob (Ol Blue)

Bob Beauchaine
01-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey Muddy ;D ;D<br>Thanks for the heads-up. I will be in Ranier OR Sat 1/25 for 1 or 2 KDPs and hope to set my wastegate up a little. Then it's up to Robs place on 2/23 for at least 1 KDP.<br><br>I will put Cubbys weekend on the calander and see what happens. I would love to get to Idaho and meet some new faces. I will let you know whats happening. <br><br>Bob :)

C4L
01-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Sweet, I bet I can make it. :D

Vaughn MacKenzie
01-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the notification Muddy :) I'm looking forward to coming down to Idaho again for another BOMB event! I'm sure I'll have some sort of project to do and I like the fact it is planned for two days. . . double your pleasure ;)<br><br>Looking forward to checking out Muddy's new ride. . .<br><br>Vaughn

Rip Rook
01-25-2003, 12:20 AM
If Brians involved it's gotta be good. 8) Too early for me to commit, but I'll sure try..................

Idaho CTD
01-25-2003, 12:55 AM
<br>If Brians involved it's gotta be good. 8) Too early for me to commit, but I'll sure try..................<br><br><br>You better come! That BHT (Big Honkin Turbo)is dying to mate with a HX35 and provide plenty of little egt numbers. Hee Hee just kiddin.<br><br>See you all there<br>Nathan

DEZLPWR
01-25-2003, 01:30 AM
I am gonna really try to make this! ;)
How far of a drive is it from Seattle? (Miles &amp; approx. hours)
Anybody got a bathtub I can sleep in over there? [laugh] [laugh] Or other place for me to crash? Sally's might be a good place to crash eh? ;D ;D

Have never been to that neck of the woods.... Looking forward to eatin' some more o dem tasty shrooms and catchin up wit my bro, Frankie Jefferson! :D

How bout a little watermelon rind wine and fried chicken? [laugh] [laugh]

muddymess
01-25-2003, 02:38 AM
I am gonna really try to make this! ;)
How far of a drive is it from Seattle? (Miles &amp; approx. hours)
Anybody got a bathtub I can sleep in over there? [laugh] [laugh] Or other place for me to crash? Sally's might be a good place to crash eh? ;D ;D

Have never been to that neck of the woods.... Looking forward to eatin' some more o dem tasty shrooms and catchin up wit my bro, Frankie Jefferson! :D

How bout a little watermelon rind wine and fried chicken? [laugh] [laugh]

yo homie ;D
be bout 400 mile and a shuffle.mo or less. bout 6 hrs or so. we can getcha a tub to sleep in big enuff for u and sally ;D. maybe a pad to make it mo comfy. dja need an empty bucket too. hehehehehe [laugh] all depends on how much of that watermelon wine ya be consumin ;) the wine be in the crock and be ready by march 1. got the shrooms ready for u 2. chickens be in the yard and the hatchet hangin on the wall.

hmmmmmm. a twin project . should be interesting nathan. we got 2 days to do it.

rip, ya better make it. i wont make ya lie on the ground to put that 5 incher on for me

vn, be lookin forward to ya bein there on fri nite. hope ya bring john and kent and dan wit ya. hope mark can arrive by then too. wish al could make it

zach, glad ya be arrivin. lookin fwd to seein ya agin. force rip to come with you

bob, be glad to see ya here. itll be fun. we need ya here as u be an xpert on the kdp fixin. got bunches lined up.

rob, glad ya be makin it. u gwine like the 2s in there ;D makes a strong runnin rig

jay, ill getcha sallys ph no. you r the official entertainment coordinator ;D dont 4get to remind lon he is the offcial keg supplier. :) may need 4 or 5 of em

we gotta figger and make a list of the projects. got bunch of pm s and calls on projects to do. we will get a bunch done

hey,,,,,this otta be friggin fun ;D

dminer
01-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Muddy,<br><br>We're discussing it... Sounds like fun. Maybe we'll follow Vaughn over (just in case he needs a 10' tow strap!).<br><br>Will let you know soon.<br><br>Thanks, Dan

JGK
01-25-2003, 11:55 AM
DEZLPWR,<br><br>Mapquest says its about 490 miles and 8.5 hours to Marsing (about 25 miles from Boise) from Seattle by way of Yakima-Pendleton. Add probably another 100 and an hour or so (depending on your foot) if you go through Portland.<br><br>It's freeway all the way except the last 10 miles or so.<br><br>-Jay

BigK
01-25-2003, 01:48 PM
<br> dont 4get to remind lon he is the offcial keg supplier. :) may need 4 or 5 of em<br><br>hey,,,,,this otta be friggin fun ;D<br><br><br>Might need even more if'n a couple more of us VTC PNW Outlaws can work this into our schedules. ;)<br><br>Break the M/H outta mothballs early this year?<br><br>Note to self: Get the number for Ms. Sally's from muddy, as we're still planning for mid-April over here. Professional entertainment. ;D <br><br>If so, Steve, schedule Friday off for travel. I know the way well.

drawson
01-25-2003, 06:23 PM
I wish I could make it but I have a match and I'm the one in charge of setting it up and running it. I'll hook up with Idaho bombers. Besides I won't have my new turbo yet....

Lon
01-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Hey Muddy, Sign me up for a KDP if possible. As far as a keig goes I'll start checking on prices. Been awhile since I've puchaced one. Sounds like a good turnout. DEZLPWR, my dad lives in Kent and have driven to your neck of the woods many times. Eight hours is the average. Lon

NAIL BENDER
01-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Brian, you know if Big K is there I'll be there also. We can bring Steve along and corrupt him some more on the way. Eric, does the M/H have a small bathtub for Steve or just a shower? [laugh] Looking forward to seeing ya again Brian.

BigK
01-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Well, it's really a shower, but it does have about a 10&quot; front edge, so you could call it a bathtub. If we fold him up, we could squeeze him in. If you remember correctly, last time he was pretty pliable ;D

muddymess
01-26-2003, 09:41 PM
lol dan. im sure vn will remember that ride for a long time. least no fords passed him on the uphill [laugh] . be lookin fwd to seein ya here<br><br>sorry ya cant make it dee. keep watchin here for future events in the area. more bomb parties and a spring dyno day in the works<br><br>glad ya be comin joe and eric. be good to see u guys again. eric, if ya let steve pass out in the mh make sure ya keep a bucket handy [laugh]<br><br>lon, gotcher name on the kdp list. hope one keg will be nuff. the vanilla truck crowd usually stays up past 2.00 am [cept for dezlpwr] consuming mass quanities of the golden liquid so plan on bringin u bedroll<br><br>

DEZLPWR
01-26-2003, 10:10 PM
<br><br>glad ya be comin joe and eric. be good to see u guys again. eric, if ya let steve pass out in the mh make sure ya keep a bucket handy [laugh]<br><br>the vanilla truck crowd usually stays up past 2.00 am [cept for dezlpwr] consuming mass quanities of the golden liquid so plan on bringin u bedroll<br><br><br><br><br> [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] <br>Hey, last Friday, at Big K's KDP party, I made it till 3am without visiting the tub or [yuk].... :D<br><br>Big K, we definitely need to get some sweatshirts made (along the lines of those Hooters placemats) to wear over there! [laugh] [laugh]<br>

Marine
01-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Sounds like fun! I'll see how school is going and try and make it over to meet some of my fellow computer geeks. (oops...I mean truck enthusiasts.) ;D<br><br>Maybe I'll have injectors then.<br><br>Mike

Idaho CTD
01-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Seattle is really close to 500miles and 7.5hrs from Boise. I have driven it a bunch. That is to I-5 and I-90. It would take about the same amount of time to Marsing as Boise.<br><br>It'll be cool to meet some of you west-siders. You could always recruit some hooters girls to join the action. Hopefully the Sally's girls wont get offended.<br><br>See ya there<br>Nathan

turbospl311
01-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Let me introduce myself: Don Miller from Meridian, ID. I'd would love to get involved somehow as I only live 30 miles away from Marsing. I have ben looking to do 2 more things to the truck, KDP fix and 15.5 deg timing. I have my 3k gov springs to put in. I get my truck back friday (1/31) from a transmission rebuild being done here locally. New Torque convertor being put in also. <br><br>I did not see an address. Let me know the address or a contact number. <br><br>Thanks, Don Miller

muddymess
01-29-2003, 08:51 AM
hey mike. be good to cya here. hope ya make it<br><br>hi don. cubby lives bout 1 1/2 mile south of lizard butte. keep warchin here for direction details. i know how to get there but dont know rd names and the adress. ill ask cubby to post em. be good to see ya here don. you are on the kdp list and timing list. these guys are experts on doin them. get them gov springs in too. xpert help there too

Buck Bandacoot
01-29-2003, 06:20 PM
W ;DW! This is going to be great! Yall better count on me being there. I'll get the word out to all the diesel enthusiasts I know around my parts. Hey Muddy do you have any idea at this point how many folks plan on being there? I'd like to know and I'm sure some of the others would too. Well I'll plan on seeing and meeting many of you then ;). 8)BUCK 8)

Buck Bandacoot
01-29-2003, 06:24 PM
W ;DW! This is going to be great! Yall better count on me being there. I'll get the word out to all the diesel enthusiasts I know around my parts. Hey Muddy do you have any idea at this point how many folks plan on being there? I'd like to know and I'm sure some of the others would too. Well I'll plan on seeing and meeting many of you then ;). 8)BUCK 8)

muddymess
01-29-2003, 08:43 PM
<br>W ;DW! This is going to be great! Yall better count on me being there. I'll get the word out to all the diesel enthusiasts I know around my parts. Hey Muddy do you have any idea at this point how many folks plan on being there? I'd like to know and I'm sure some of the others would too. Well I'll plan on seeing and meeting many of you then ;). 8)BUCK 8)<br><br><br>lookin fwd to a good turnout.unsure of number at this time. spread the word of the event. got a buncha local folks [non intrnet users]who are goin. got a bunch of projects lined up. many many kdp s. lookin fwd to seein u and u bad censored truck there :D

HavinFun
01-29-2003, 10:20 PM
How much room is available to park a camper??

muddymess
01-29-2003, 10:28 PM
<br>How much room is available to park a camper?? <br><br>matt,<br>he's got lots of room for camper or trlr parking.

DEZLPWR
01-29-2003, 10:55 PM
<br><br>How much room is available to park a camper?? <br><br>matt,<br>he's got lots of room for camper or trlr parking. <br><br><br><br>There's no room for wafflers! Right Muddy? [laugh] [laugh]

HavinFun
01-29-2003, 11:10 PM
Does that mena I have to change my name to Mr. Eggo??? LOL

Bzindividual
01-30-2003, 08:01 AM
I finally think I can make this one. Thanks Muddy for going to all of the work.<br><br>If the KDP is a problem for the 99's like someone said, I guess I need to do mine. Does Harold hove a welder? I could bring mine down for the two day event, if you need one for any of the projects.

muddymess
01-30-2003, 03:39 PM
<br>I finally think I can make this one. Thanks Muddy for going to all of the work.<br><br>If the KDP is a problem for the 99's like someone said, I guess I need to do mine. Does Harold hove a welder? I could bring mine down for the two day event, if you need one for any of the projects.<br><br><br>we'll put your name on the list for the kdp as ya need it done on yer 99.. ill letcha know on the welder. all depends on the kind of projects folks line up. glad ya can make this one :)

Vaughn MacKenzie
01-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Well this thread has really taken off, guess I should check back in once in a while ;)<br><br>dminer we could certainly BOMBvoy together down Boise way and whoever else comes from Tri-Cities, maybe even join up with anyone coming from the West side. And you can bring the tow strap if you want, but let's make it a 50 footer! The back end of Muddy's white '02 will forever be emblazed in my memory :o<br>LOL<br><br>Vaughn

DEZLPWR
01-30-2003, 10:22 PM
How many kegs you got lined up? Might need a few just for the Outlaw Bombers that will be over on Friday evening.... ;) :D

muddymess
01-30-2003, 10:29 PM
<br>How many kegs you got lined up? Might need a few just for the Outlaw Bombers that will be over on Friday evening.... ;) :D<br><br><br>lon?? ???? ?? ;D

Lon
01-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Can't really say Muddy. Funds are a little tight right now. Lon :(

DEZLPWR
01-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Should we take up a beer collection? ;D ;D

JGK
01-31-2003, 08:56 AM
Should we take up a beer collection?<br><br>Yes! Seriously, as this gets closer, and it looks like we could get a significant showing, a keg or 2(?) might be in order. Donations would be highly appreciated.<br><br>What do ya think, Mud-man?<br><br>-Jay

DEZLPWR
01-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Seriously, for a 2 day event, we need AT LEAST 2 kegs! ;) Just give me an address and I will put a check in the mail! ;D Definitely for a worthy cause! [laugh] [laugh]

turbospl311
01-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Me too although I don't dring that much anymore. Come to think of it, I don;t drink any less either!<br><br>Don M.

GlennO
01-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey guys, I would like to make one of them days.<br>This is GlennO from Mountain Home, got to work Sunday but not tomorrow.<br>Could some one tell me where it happing?<br><br>Thanks<br>GlennO

DEZLPWR
01-31-2003, 10:45 AM
<br>Hey guys, I would like to make one of them days.<br>This is GlennO from Mountain Home, got to work Sunday but not tomorrow.<br>Could some one tell me where it happing?<br><br>Thanks<br>GlennO<br><br><br>Hey GlennO,<br>This event is not this weekend, it is a month from now.... ;) That will give you plenty of time to take Sunday off from work! [laugh] [laugh]

Idaho CTD
01-31-2003, 11:50 AM
If anyone is interested in having some dents pulled I have arranged for a local guy to attend. He is doing my truck today so I will report on the quality of work and my impressions of him. BTW he quoted my 75.00 for the same dent Dent Pro quoted 175.00 for. If you are interested please let me know the number of dents and approximate size and location so he can get an idea of the amount of work involved. If you want a quote I can do that too.<br><br>Nathan

DEZLPWR
01-31-2003, 12:14 PM
<br>If anyone is interested in having some dents pulled I have arranged for a local guy to attend. He is doing my truck today so I will report on the quality of work and my impressions of him. BTW he quoted my 75.00 for the same dent Dent Pro quoted 175.00 for. If you are interested please let me know the number of dents and approximate size and location so he can get an idea of the amount of work involved. If you want a quote I can do that too.<br><br>Nathan<br><br><br>Can he do tiny door dings? If so, I may be interested if he does a good job! ;) ;D

Vaughn MacKenzie
01-31-2003, 01:03 PM
<br>How many kegs you got lined up? Might need a few just for the Outlaw Bombers that will be over on Friday evening.... ;) :D<br><br><br>LOL DEZLPWR ;)<br><br>Nathan came up with the ding-removal idea because of the large collection my truck has acquired lately :( It has really become a door-ding magnet :'(<br>Put me down for 2 large creases, 2 depressions in the tailgate, and at least 3-4 other lessers doordings. This is what I've collected since the last visit by Mr. Dentfixit only 5 months ago.<br><br>Vaughn

Idaho CTD
01-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Dang Vaughn your truck is a dent magnet. I think you should follow everyones advice and drive a beater around town.

muddymess
01-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Should we take up a beer collection?

Yes! Seriously, as this gets closer, and it looks like we could get a significant showing, a keg or 2(?) might be in order. Donations would be highly appreciated.

What do ya think, Mud-man?

-Jay

you betcha we shld jay.
xcellent idea for [] collection steve.

so lon still in chrg of the keg

lez figger how many beer drinkers we gonna have and figger if 1 or 2 kegs be needed. how much does a keg hold. been a long time since i attended an event whrere a keg was present. we can figger on sending donations for sure. and all the oniter [] drinkrs otta bring some canned beer along in case we run out

cant wait for the bombed party ;D

JGK
01-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Kegs are 15 gal., right? That's a bunch 'o hangovers [eyecrazy]<br><br>But then, if there's enough folks... Some of us gotta stay straight enough to do the BOMBS before getting bombed.<br><br>'Course, then we gotta figure out the flavor(s) most preferred. But, could do a couple of ponys. They're what, 7 gal. each?<br><br>Whatever. As we get closer, $ can be sent. I'm sure Lon can handle it [laugh]<br><br>-Jay

DEZLPWR
01-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Let's see......

Thinking back to my college frat days, a normal sized keg yields ~15 gallons of fermented barley tea. ;)

So.......

1 gallon= 128 oz x 15gal= 1920oz/12= 160 12oz beers/keg

I alone am good for ~ 28 beers or 336oz for the 2 day period give or take a few beers. :P

Nail Bender and BigK will probably each consume TWICE my amount as they are more seasoned drinkers than I am. (read: alcoholics [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] )
As I said before, we need AT LEAST 2 kegs....or we can bring some Rainier cans as backup. ;) Oh, and a nice bathtub would be nice as well! [laugh] [laugh]

Now where do I send the money? [undecided]
No using it for BOMBS either! ;D ;D

Lon
01-31-2003, 06:42 PM
What flavors are we interested in? I will get what the majority vote asks for. Just let me know. My Address is:<br><br>Lon Calhoun / Beer Treasurer<br>2729 Dennis Pl.<br>Boise, ID 83704<br>Cell# 208-484-3088

DEZLPWR
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
<br>What flavors are we interested in? I will get what the majority vote asks for. Just let me know. My Address is:<br><br>Lon Calhoun / Beer Treasurer<br>2729 Dennis Pl.<br>Boise, ID 83704<br>Cell# 208-484-3088<br><br><br>Nothin fancy..... ;D Rainier, Buttweiser, Milwaukee's Worst etc. etc. Keeps the cost down. ;) Just no Pyramid Snowcap please!! [yuk] [yuk] <br><br>My check is in the mail.... 8) Thanks Lon!

muddymess
01-31-2003, 07:33 PM
i agree w/ steve. nuthin fancy. coors, hams, milwaukees bestus. check will be sent. thanks for volunteering to be beer treasurer lon ;)

HavinFun
02-01-2003, 05:01 AM
MMMMM, Snowcaps....... 8)

C4L
02-02-2003, 02:32 PM
I'll be the designated bomber.

muddymess
02-02-2003, 05:26 PM
<br>I'll be the designated bomber.<br><br>hehehehehe,,,,good 4 u,,,,hey,,,,,,,,we gotta have 1 designated bomber to get things done. i wont start drinkin till ltr in the day myself. 11.00 am mst ;D

NAIL BENDER
02-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Steve will be in the bathtub by then! ::) But I'll be rarin to go. [laugh]

OlBlue
02-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey Muddy,<br><br>Do you need extra tools? I can bring floor jack, jack stands, soldering iron and solder along with multimeter besides usual tools...anything needed?<br><br>Will there be the right tools there to do a 24V injector change or do I need to get injector tool, inch-lb torque wrench etc.<br><br>I'm gonna need directions.<br><br>Thanks<br>Rob (Ol Blue)

Old Smoky
02-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a good time. I was unsure if I would be able to make it, but I think I am going to make time. Besides, there aren't too many BOMB parties on Idaho. I don't have any projects so I will just be B.S.ing or helping out if needed.<br><br>Mike

muddymess
02-03-2003, 04:07 PM
ya might throw all that in just in case. the in-lb tq wrebch wld be a good idea as i dont have one and i know nathan doesnt either,,,,,,altho he has done many swaps w/o it sucessfully. we dont have the inj tube puller either. not necesary but handy to have.nathan never uses 1 of these eitr. some will not do a swap without these 2 items. if ya want, pick em up and bring em with. ill have mrs muddy post drections from 84 to marsing. harold'll come on and post drctions from marsing to his place s. of lizard butte.<br><br>ok<br>If coming from the north on Highway 95, about 3 miles south of Fruitland, you'll intersect with I-84. Folks coming eastbound on I-84 will take this exit (exit 3) which is the first exit after crossing the Idaho-Oregon border. Go South on 95 through Parma, about a mile out of Parma you will need to follow the signs to stay on 95. Continue on through Wilder (stopping at the Jackson's Texaco to say Hi to Mrs. Muddy) and Homedale, staying on Highway 95 and following the signs to the Marsing turnoff. Go through Marsing, cross the Snake River and you'll see Lizard Butte. Harold will post directions later on where to go from there.<br><br>Coming westbound from I-84, take the Wilder, Homedale exit. Take a left at the stop sign, then a right at Simplot Blvd. About a mile down the road, get in the left hand lane. About a mile down the road, you'll need to take a left on Farmway. Stay on Farmway until you reach Hwy 55. Turn right on 55, following the signs to Marsing. Harold will give further directions. The turnoff for Harolds' is right before crossing the river. <br><br>[thanks kim for postin dir]<br><br>ok,,,if these drections aint clear enuff lemme know. cubby be on to post directions to his place ltr. i cant remember name of rds.

muddymess
02-03-2003, 04:09 PM
be good to cya agin mike :) r ya bringin yo campr

turbospl311
02-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Does he have a place for a 5th wheel? I could bring out my 35' toy house that could sleep some people if need be. Not sure if people are planning on staying overnight or not. It's just a thought.<br><br>I only am 20 minutes away so the drive is nothing for me.<br><br>I'm also willing to through in tools, welder, cutitng torch, things that are needed. Sending my donation to the beer fund.<br><br>Don Miller<br>wanting timing and KDP done. <br>

muddymess
02-03-2003, 05:51 PM
don,<br><br>hes got plenty room to park 5ers. just one sewer dump but plenty of spces.<br><br>some of us are stayin fri and sat nites. if ya got xtra place for someone to thro their slepng bags great. beer will be consumed and i advocate eithr sober driving or staying the nite. stay the nite, enjoy the campfire and drink MORE beer ;D<br><br>thro in what tools and stuff ya can. bet a lot of unknown projects will show up

Idaho CTD
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
ya might throw all that in just in case. the in-lb tq wrebch wld be a good idea as i dont have one and i know nathan doesnt either,,,,,,altho he has done many swaps w/o it sucessfully. we dont have the inj tube puller either. not necesary but handy to have.nathan never uses 1 of these eitr.

Does this mean I'm volunteered for the job? ;) I can handle it. I use the feel method of torque [laugh]. If the Ol Blue wants to torque things to spec that can be done as well as long as someone has the specs. It might take me a hour if I have to torque things though.

muddymess
02-03-2003, 09:02 PM
what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,an hr. take ya twice as long as usual eh ;D

Old Smoky
02-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey Muddy,<br><br>Not sure if I will bring the camper. It kind of scares me jacking that wobbly thing high enough to load it up. It would be nice to just be able to hook onto a camp trailer and not have to take the toolbox out and everything. Might just sleep in the cab. It definitely wouldn’t be the first time. [laugh] <br><br>Mike<br>

Lon
02-03-2003, 09:49 PM
It sounds like Nathan has the calibrated arm goin' with as many sets of injectors he's tested. [laugh] But if anybody would like to have a torque wrench on hand and other assorted electical tools, specialty tools let me know. I've also got a four and a half inch hole saw if anybody has a Scotty Air Filter they want to install.

Hey Rob&quot;OlBlue&quot;, saw your post on NWB and Old Smokey's from your neck of the woods. Maybe you two could hook up for the drive down...

Don Miller, will have the timing kit there so we can handle that for you.

Lookin' good Muddy, going to have a geat turn out!!! Can't wait. Lon

OlBlue
02-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Hi Rotorhead,

I've been talking with Mike. Our departure times aren't quite the same, but we're working on it. Mini bombvoy!!

I'll bring the torque specs and get claw foot sockets if you wouldn't mind bringing your torque wrench (inch-lb and 3/8&quot; drive?). Does the intake manifold bolt really work (thread) into injectors?

Thanks
Rob

Idaho CTD
02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Yep it works. If you remove three and loosen the other it moves right out of the way and you dont need a crows foot either. You might need a new gasket though. I happen to have a couple just incase. Also if you remove your rear motor thingy majig (sorry cant think of the name right now, brain fart) it makes the back two injectors easier to change.<br><br><br>Does the intake manifold bolt really work (thread) into injectors?<br><br>Thanks<br>Rob<br>

OlBlue
02-05-2003, 03:54 PM
OK, I get it. Save the money for bombs instead of tools [laugh]

I'll definitely be ask'n you for pointers n maybe a gasket with payment in blitzes? Crepes? Burger n soggy fries? [laugh] [laugh]

Idaho CTD
02-05-2003, 06:00 PM
I haven't a clue what the first two are but I know what a burger and soggy fries is. I guess I should keep my mouth shut so I can stand around and B.S. instead of work. ;) <br>I'll probably be changing a set in mine this week and again next week and probably the week after that. So needless to say I should have some practice by the beginning of March. Heck the other truck might get a couple of changes in this month too [laugh]. BTW I think a friend of mine has a 19mm crows foot. I just use a open ended wrench that is angled. <br><br><br><br>blitzes? Crepes? Burger n soggy fries? [laugh] [laugh]<br>

OlBlue
02-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Dang.<br><br>I'm still waiting on Dealer to replace the APPS on my rig. I had it in there again this morning so they could call Star again. Anyway, I picked up some gaskets while I was there. I was looking forward to introducing you to some home made blitzs. If time allows, I'll make some for you in Ontario the night before.

Lon
02-06-2003, 07:20 PM
I received the first of the contributions for the Beer Fund. Thanks “DEZLPWR”. I’ve been home with a sick wife and kids so I haven’t got prices on the keigs yet. I will be going to work tomorrow and will ask my boss were he has bought his keigs for his company parties. I WILL HAVE PRICES BY THIS WEEKEND”. I will cash the checks once we have enough for the brew-haw. If I do not get enough $$$, I will return checks to all who put forth to the fund. The fund is at $25 right now and I will keep you all posted as the days count down. I’m getting’ thirsty just talking about it. I’m looking forward to meeting all who are showing up and DRIVE SAFE!!! If anybody needs anything or runs into problems on the way in I can be reached on my cell phone: 208-484-3088. Lon

JGK
02-07-2003, 11:17 AM
All those contributing to the keg fund get to be in the &quot;priority line&quot; at the keg(s) ;) Lon, I'll help you chase down sources for the kegs.

On another, more serious note, a suggestion to those expecting to have work done on their trucks. Would you please take the time (and a few quarters) to blast off as much grime from the engine (and if exhaust work is anticipated, under the truck) as you can. It makes it much nicer to work on and less chance of contamination. This particularly critical if we do valve adjustments, injector changes and timing cuz we're opening up the engine and injection pump. Blast the top of the injection pump, around the injectors, and down the front where the oil fill tube connects to the case cover. Everywhere you see dirt and oil. Get a can of engine degreaser and use it first, if you really want to do the job right.

Might be a good idea to hose off the fenders too, so we don't grind the grit into the paint.

Hit a car wash in the area the day before or on your way to Cubby's on Sat. or Sun.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Only 3 weeks away!

-Jay

DEZLPWR
02-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Come on guys, don't be cheap.... ::) I know there are more beer drinkers out there! ;) This will be the first bomb party with keg(s) that I am aware of. Let's make it happen! ;D

BigK
02-07-2003, 03:38 PM
STAY AWAY from the engine degreaser!<br><br>It will remove the clear coat from many engine parts. Please consider the use of a strong soultion of Simple Green, or similar. Spray on, let soak, use a soft/medium brush, then hose off. We have used &quot;Oil Eater&quot; from Costco for drips on the driveway, and it works well, but I think that it is too strong for engine cleaning, as well. Simple Green is a safe bet.<br><br>Do this with the engine COLD!<br><br>Jay is correct, as it is much more pleasant to work on a clean rig.

Lon
02-07-2003, 06:54 PM
All right, I got some prices today. I can get a keg of Rolling Rock for $65+ rental of the taps, another $14. Called another place and they wanted $79+ plus rental for Budwieser. Depending on the quality, prices go up from there. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Lon

Lon
02-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey Muddy, Do we have directions from were you left off to Cubby's?

JGK
02-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Yeah, and have you talked to him lately? Does he have any idea about what kind of party he'll be hosting?!<br><br>-Jay

muddymess
02-09-2003, 06:21 PM
hehehehehe, he asked if it was a beer party or a bomb party [laugh]

19528 lloyd lane.

at lizard butte , just east of snake river east of marsing, get onto marsing road. after you on marsing rd, hang a right[south] onto lloyd lane. after it makes a turn to left his is 1st place on left. 19528 lloyd lane.

will post map shortly

muddymess
02-09-2003, 08:51 PM
heres directions, an alt way from caldwell to lizrd butt by marsing.<br><br><br><br><br>click on attach

muddymess
02-09-2003, 08:54 PM
map

muddymess
02-09-2003, 08:59 PM
<br>All right, I got some prices today. I can get a keg of Rolling Rock for $65+ rental of the taps, another $14. Called another place and they wanted $79+ plus rental for Budwieser. Depending on the quality, prices go up from there. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Lon<br><br>is roling rock any good ???

Lon
02-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Yeah Muddy, Rolling Rock is pretty good. I normally drink it during the summer as it is good for a cold one after a long hot day. It's not a heavy type of beer that makes you want to [yuk] after to many. Not that any beer will want to make you do that if you have to many. ::) Until I start seeing a little more $$$ come my way we might end up getting our own sixers. [undecided]

muddymess
02-09-2003, 11:36 PM
<br>Yeah Muddy, Rolling Rock is pretty good. I normally drink it during the summer as it is good for a cold one after a long hot day. It's not a heavy type of beer that makes you want to [yuk] after to many. Not that any beer will want to make you do that if you have to many. ::) Until I start seeing a little more $$$ come my way we might end up getting our own sixers. [undecided]<br><br>or 24ers

muddymess
02-10-2003, 11:38 PM
got some interest from a local dlr. an employee or 2 is comin on their own time and will bring out a scan tool. very nice. be able to check codes. could be interesting. they will also have a couple lift pumps avail just in case we find some bad ones with my test guage. [mini bomb party the other day with 2 98.5s and 2 99s that we checked,of the 4 we found 3 bad liftpumps]<br><br>the dlr is very interested in the kdp fix too. also they will discount liftpumps for the event to around 170 bucks.

DEZLPWR
02-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Hey Muddy, can you convince the ******* to pick up a keg or 2 for the bomb party? [laugh] [laugh] Looks like there is a lack of interested parties willing to donate for the cause.... ::)<br><br>Come on guys, the party ain't in Utah! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]<br><br>It has been proven that regular beer consumption will reduce the risk of heart attacks among other ailments.... ;)

JGK
02-11-2003, 08:37 AM
An opportunity!<br><br>We all have heard the stories of Rammers who've taken their BOMBed rigs into the dealer for some warranty work and had the dealer void the warranty even when the mods didn't relate at all to the current problem (and of course, a few that did). Let's hope we can capitalize on this opportunity to educate these guys to give us the benefit of the doubt when we need, say, a leaky axle seal replaced and the BHAF or Scotty or 4&quot; exhaust didn't cause it.<br><br>Let's also hope they aren't taking VIN numbers ;)<br><br>I welcome them. I see it as a chance to build a good relationship. It's great to see they are bringing some tools to help out.<br><br>-Jay

OlBlue
02-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Scan Tool....Great.<br><br>I would like to see if I've posted any overboost codes.<br><br>I've been pre-playing getting ready for the party.<br><br>

Lon
02-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I don't know if anybody would be interested but would any of you like me to bring some Amsoil pruducts? 15w/40, 75w/90, 75w/140, ATF, Fuel Additive, Cetane Boost. I can also bring Prefered customer and Dealer packets if anybody is interested in buying oil for them selves or would like to be a dealer. Lon

DEZLPWR
02-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Anybody got directions from Seattle? Is it best to go down I-5 to Portland and then head East, or head East on I-90 &amp; then head south near Yakima? 8)

BigK
02-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Come on over for a beer, and I'll draw you a map! ;D ;D

hbowers
02-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey Muddy, I will try to give directions to my shop.<br>I doubt if I can improve on your directions, but here<br>is my version. if you're coming east bound on I 84<br>take exit 27 coming into Caldwell, turn right at stop<br>sign, get in right lane and go right or west toward<br>Greenleaf. go west about a mile and turn left on<br>Farmway. you are going south. continue south to the<br>stop sign, and turn right. you are on SH 55 west toward<br>Marsing. after 4 or 5 miles the highway curves south.<br>continue south until you pass a big Butte on the left.<br>(Lizard Butte) the highway will curve to right toward<br>Marsing. this is where you go straight ahead to stop sign,<br>instead of making the curve. keep going south (you are<br>on Marsing RD.) after a half mile the road curves left.<br>go another half mile and turn right on Lloyd Lane. my<br>place is 3rd hse on left on Lloyd lane. green hse, greenshop in back. if you are west bound on I 84, take exit 35 when you<br>get to Nampa. turn right at signal light, get in left lane and<br>turn left at next signal light. you are on Karcher rd.going<br>west, which becomes SH 55. keep going west and follow<br>above directions. clear as mud? you can call me at 208-<br>459-7849 if you have any problem. I'm looking forward to<br>a successfull B.party whatever that means. see you here.<br>

Idaho CTD
02-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Steve,<br><br>It is definately faster to go on I-90 to Ellensburg then south towards Yakima. I think it's 82. If you stay on 82 it takes you all the way to I-84 just outside of Hermiston. Head east from there and use Harold or Muddy's directions.

DEZLPWR
02-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Come on over for a beer, and I'll draw you a map! ;D ;D

Does this mean that you guys are bagging out on me? ::) I was trying to bait you, with the thinking that if you were really going, you would have said that I don't need to worry about directions because you are driving! [laugh] [laugh] I am really looking forward to travelling in style in &quot;Big K's party palace&quot; to Idaho. I got Friday off from work, and was just getting prepared just in case for some reason, I hafta go solo.... [eyecrazy]

JGK
02-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Maybe if I get the time, on Thursday or Friday I will drive this and put up some markers at key intersections and turns for the out-of-towners. These would start once you get out of Nampa or Caldwell on SH 55.<br><br>JK

NAIL BENDER
02-13-2003, 11:27 PM
What do you want Steve? ::) We gave you a personal invitation! If we wanted to work this hard we would bring our wives. [laugh] The plan is on and we expect to go. I told Eric tonight that I bet we could get you to pass out before we made Idaho! ;D Don't rob me of the fun! :(

BigK
02-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Steve, dont be such a putz!<br><br>We are still a go, and, as previously stated, I know the way!<br><br>If you quit your whining, I might still let you come along ;)<br><br>We will also have Joe, and perhaps Thumper.<br><br>What a crew! 8)

Marine
02-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to find...when you get close to Caldwell, look for the black smoke cloud. ;D<br><br>Mike

DEZLPWR
02-14-2003, 12:15 AM
<br>Steve, dont be such a putz!<br><br>We are still a go, and, as previously stated, I know the way!<br><br>If you quit your whining, I might still let you come along ;)<br><br>We will also have Joe, and perhaps Thumper.<br><br>What a crew! 8)<br><br><br> [laugh] [laugh]<br>Just flippin' you guys some! ;) This is gonna be good... 8) I am stoked! Gonna be travelling in style! I'll be sure to bring the 2 half gallons of bloody mix too. ;D

NAIL BENDER
02-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Ok Steve, you can come with us. Oh ya, don't forget the party supplies.

BigK
02-15-2003, 12:46 PM
You'll likely get to see both routes, Steve. Current plan is to go one way, w/ a slight detour to pick up an item or two, and return the other.<br>If anyone needs something from Rip Rook, you might want to co-ordinate it w/ him, and let me know. I might be able to provide some delivery service. <br>For a small fee ;), I get pretty thirsty after a long drive ;D

EricBu12
02-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Just got interrested in this!<br>I went to Or last year and now this is the first time I will be here. I am coming from Salt Lake City and If I can't get friday off, I will be there sat about 1 or so.<br>I have a shell with bedrug and heater and lights and if I could rob some electric, I can stay warm.<br> I don't have any projects to do but I have alot on th truck and I have Rips 4&quot; on and can be the official Genos Garage Showroom. [laugh]<br><br>I will be bringing my winter guards. I have all models available including one for the 03, (14 avail.) and 03 sport with the bars. (3 available)<br>I also have the cubby hole plate for the 99-02 without heated seats. have about 80 of those.....<br><br>Seems I am not the furthest away, bummer, was hoping for a longest dist. prize :P<br><br>See you all there,<br>Eric<br>

OlBlue
02-17-2003, 04:40 PM
What time Saturday morning is the party gonna &quot;Officially&quot; start?<br><br>Translation:<br><br>When will everyone be out of bed, had enough coffee, passed 'round the visine for hangover eyes and be looking to work on rigs?

muddymess
02-17-2003, 08:45 PM
the party starts when i wake up [laugh]<br><br>just hope i wake up by 0800 mnt time. is this time ok with everybdy<br><br>glad to see ya make the trip from slc eric

hbowers
02-17-2003, 09:29 PM
welcome everyone. glad to see you can make it Eric.<br>I have electric for you.I have one full hookup, water,<br>power and sewer. others can plug in to electric.<br> I suppose nearly everyone will have their own sleeping<br>arrangements, camper, or RV trailer. there is a motel<br>in Marsing,(2-1/2 miles, and lots of Motels in Caldwell.<br>15 miles. I will post prices if anyone wants to know.<br> we plan on having a potluck dinner Sat eve. so come<br>on down or over. even if everybody can't bring anything,<br>I'm sure there will be plenty. we will try to start 0800<br>mst. see you all here. I hope we can take care of all the<br>KDP's that need or want it done. hbowers<br><br><br><br><br><br>

muddymess
02-18-2003, 12:11 AM
spoke w/ doug hofeldt. yall know doug of airbulldog fame
http://dpofutah.tripod.com/id39.htm
http://dpofutah.tripod.com/068b0200.jpg
now is the time to get hold of doug, his name and ph no is in the site i linked, and order ya an airbulldog hood or dam air to install at the party. he will be there so place yer order. some will be on display. doug has also donated a dam air to the club for a prize to be given away at the event ;D . thanks doug. 8) way to go :)
will be lookin fwd to visiting with ya again

OlBlue
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
What day(s) is he going to be there?

Man, the end of the month seems a loooong ways off!!!

turbospl311
02-20-2003, 03:34 PM
A couple of things:<br><br>I have not mailed money for the keg yet, but it is going out tomorrow, so Lon be looking for my small donation.<br><br>I want to make sure I'm still on the list for the KDP and 15.5 deg timing change.<br><br>Would it be better to come out Friday night or Saturday morning? I live only about 20 miles away so either is okay. I am bringing out the 5th wheel and will have room for 2 other people. I have Steve from Seattle promised to one bunk and that leaves 2 more open if needed.<br><br>3k Governor springs: I have not put them in yet. Should I wait and have the experienced show me the way or should I tackle it this weekend? Just thinking out loud really.<br><br>Anyway, I am really looking forward to meeting all the people that are coming and hope everyone gets there and gets home safe and sound!<br><br>Don Miller<br>

DEZLPWR
02-20-2003, 03:44 PM
<br>A couple of things:<br><br><br>I have Steve from Seattle promised to one bunk and that leaves 2 more open if needed.<br><br><br><br>Don Miller<br><br><br><br>Thanks very much for the offer Don, but it looks like I'm going to be travelling in style with BigK and Nailbender in BigK's motorhome, so I won't need a bunk.... ;D I was trying to make alternate arrangements early on, just in case plans fell through, but it looks like this one's a go! ;) ;)<br><br>Look forward to meeting you and a bunch of other new faces.. ;D <br><br>Sadly, it looks like not enough people are donating funds for the keg, but we will see.... :'( :'( <br>I have made alternate beverage arrangements just in case! [laugh]

Lon
02-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Don, I wouldn't worry about the keig fund. I haven't got enough funds to worry about it. There will be plenty of people to help with the gov. springs. Bring 'em if you got 'em. See Ya There, Lon

Old Smoky
02-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Is there going to be a 12v injector puller avilable? If not, I will make something up.

Mike

JGK
02-21-2003, 09:52 AM
turbospl311,

If you choose not to put the GSK in at the party, or we don't get to it, don't sweat it. Lon and I have both done it, we are close to each other, and will help you do it another time, if you wish.

Old Smoky,

I have a 12v inj. puller. I'll bring it.

-Jay

hbowers
02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Come on over Fri.eve if you want Don. we'll make<br>sure you get your KDP fixed. hbowers

Old Smoky
02-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks, JGK.<br><br>Mike

OlBlue
02-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Mike,<br><br>I thought those just took a big hammer!!! [laugh] <br><br>What are you doing....POD's....Honed POD's..... [eyecrazy]<br><br>Did ya get the speedo shaft made?

Old Smoky
02-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Rob,

Yep, I got the speedo shaft made. I've got about 400 miles on it now, and it is still working. I don't think I will have to worry about that anymore.

I am not familiar with the big hammer injector puller method. I thought that is how they went back in. [laugh] I have used vice grips and a pry-bar before. ::) I prefer the slide hammer method.

;D Honed POD's [eyecrazy]
This might be kind of scary. :o

Mike

Rip Rook
02-21-2003, 09:28 PM
This is sounding like too much fun ! My boss will kick my as s if I take another week end off (screw him). You can't come up with enough dough for a keg ? It musta been awhile 'cause I thought you could get a standard for 50 bucks ??? <br>Where do I send my &quot;beer fund&quot; check ?

Old Smoky
02-21-2003, 09:39 PM
C'mon, Rip. This is going to be great! I don't think you boss would mind if you took just one more weekend off. [laugh] <br><br>Mike<br>

Don M
02-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Hey JGK,<br><br>Just a quick heads up...these Lucas injectors I am sending to Mike need the small puller nut. it is not the same size as your 12 valve has. Yours has the 14mm nut the 1st Gens use a 12mm nut. Thought I might through that in there to help out.<br><br>Don~

muddymess
02-21-2003, 10:44 PM
rip,<br>dont 4get to bring the 03version bobsgottabigweenie cb mount<br><br>the 1st kdp fix receipient gets started on fri nite b4 the beer starts to flow, so don, if ya wanna make it friday well get it in the shop and start on it<br><br>the fun starts friday afternoon ;D

BigK
02-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Looks like we be showin up Friday eve, perhaps earlier than we thought. Depends on the Ripster. We will try to throw in a few items. If we remember, we'll try to include some tire steps. Might help to pay our way thru the keg ;D. <br>If anyone needs a special size, it can be done. Muddy, is your's fittin that new 17&quot;? Had to make a new one for mine, a bit wider. We have the technology. See ya there.

Old Smoky
02-22-2003, 01:47 AM
Good point, Don. I have an extra nut if we need it (for the injectors). It can be welded onto an adapter to fit your puller if you don't have that size.<br><br>Mike<br>

BigK
02-22-2003, 01:53 AM
I'd be happy to weld your nuts for you, Mike! ;)
LOL

NAIL BENDER
02-22-2003, 12:02 PM
<br>I'd be happy to weld your nuts for you, Mike! ;)<br>LOL<br><br>Steve and I are now scared to ride with you. ??? You scare me :o

Old Smoky
02-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the offer Eric - I think. [laugh]<br><br>Mike<br>

DEZLPWR
02-22-2003, 01:43 PM
<br>Steve and I are now scared to ride with you. ??? You scare me :o<br><br><br> [laugh] [laugh]

muddymess
02-22-2003, 04:40 PM
<br>Muddy, is your's fittin that new 17&quot;? Had to make a new one for mine, a bit wider. We have the technology. <br><br>sucka fits perfectly. i sit on it and relax with a beer daily :D

NAIL BENDER
02-22-2003, 05:58 PM
<br> <br><br>sucka fits perfectly. i sit on it and relax with a beer daily :D<br><br><br>You may need 3 more tire steps/seats so you don't have to keep moving the one. Depending on which corner of the truck you want to sit, there will always be one there. ;D

JGK
02-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Old Smokey,<br><br>You don't need a puller. Just a short piece of pipe large enough to go over the injector. A piece of 1&quot; electrical conduit works on the 2nd gen 12-valves. Measure the diameter of your injector and the distance from the bottom of the threads to the head. A short piece of tubing just a little longer slipped over the injector, then the nut tightened down causes the injector to pop right out.<br><br>-Jay

Brett
02-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Is this a dodge party only?<br><br>Ive got a friend with a ford who would be interested, but I don't want him to get beat up if he shows up.<br><br>Muddy I also got some goodies to bring to the party from bully dog tech. <br><br>Some injectors, air intakes, eshaust and some other stuff. All dodge stuff cause I thought this might be a dodge exclusive event.

muddymess
02-24-2003, 11:37 AM
<br>Is this a dodge party only?<br><br>Ive got a friend with a ford who would be interested, but I don't want him to get beat up if he shows up.<br><br>Muddy I also got some goodies to bring to the party from bully dog tech. <br><br>Some injectors, air intakes, eshaust and some other stuff. All dodge stuff cause I thought this might be a dodge exclusive event.<br><br>heck brett, we wont beat up on no ford guy. heck,,,he's welcome too. we is all a buncha nice guys here. we'd even let a chevy guy join the party. [if he parks on the other side of the shop] [laugh]<br><br>be lookin fwd to seein the bullydog stuff ya got for the dodges. esp the 03 stuff ;D

Brett
02-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey sounds good Muddy we will show up on saturday with some trucks and some beer. You guys drink Keystone?

muddymess
02-24-2003, 12:01 PM
<br>Hey sounds good Muddy we will show up on saturday with some trucks and some beer. You guys drink Keystone?<br><br>cooooooooool........ya darn tootin we drink keystone.....good stuff :D

dminer
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have the special pop rivet tool to install the plastic inner fender wells on an 02 ?<br><br>And would you be able to bring it this weekend?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Dan

BigK
02-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Dan, I think I said it before, but I'll say it again, even if I didn't before. <br>You could prolly find that tool @ one of your local auto body shops, and if you have a relationship w/ them, they might let you borrow it.<br>After seeing the one-time use cheesy rivets, I elected to use SS hardware to mount my fender liners. Not very much $$, looks good, and I can remove and replace, if necessary.<br>I can imagine that, after spending your dough on the rivets, you'd want to use them. If you need some spares, or if anyone else would like some, I have a set that will do both rear fender liners ;)

JGK
02-25-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey, could I ask a favor of someone coming from the Seattle, Portland, and Salt Lake City area? I'm putting together the pieces to do the Sport headlight conversion. I found and bought the driver's side assembly at the local Barger Matson wrecking yard off a wrecked '99. I need the passenger side. I got the driver's side for $120 out the door. If any of you could scare up the other side (headlamp capsule, corner lamp, and plastic mounting bracket) for a similar price and bring it down with you, I'll have cash in hand.

Many thanks in advance,
-Jay

PS. Please let me know here so we don't get any duplicates!

Old Smoky
02-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey JGK,<br><br>I don't think I have the correct visualization of the injector remover you described. I don't see how tightening the nut with a pipe over the injector will pop it out. Could you please explain this to me again?<br><br>Mike<br>

Lon
02-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Old Smokey, the pipe goes over the injector and seats at the base of the head. As you thread the nut down on the injector it makes contact with the top of the pipe and will draw the injector out of its hole.

For all coming across the mountains Northwest of us, I-90 and I-84, here are some links to highway web cams. Good for checking on snow conditions and weather.

http://traffic.wsdot.wa.gov/sno-info/cameras.htm / I-90

http://www.tripcheck.com/RoadCams/roadcams.htm / I-84

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/boise/index.shtml / NWS for Boise &amp; surrounding areas.

And who is leaving the Seattle area early Friday Morning. My Dad will be leaving then and I thought it would be cool if he could hook up with or look out for any Bombvoyagers on the way. You all drive save, keep it under 100 mph with the rubber side down. Lon

BigK
02-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Very well done, Lon. Thanks.<br><br>Bad weather would be the only thing to keep me away at this point. <br>If I was in the truck, no problem, but the &quot;family cruiser&quot; is a different story.<br>We're watching the weather, and those sites are a big help, but hopefully it's on the upswing, and we'll have clear sailing!<br><br>We are leaving Graham, WA @ 6 AM. That is about 60 miles S of Seattle, but we are detouring past the Ripster to pick up some stuff, 'cause the lame *** ain't gonna make it! :( ;) ;D<br>Should be eastbound from Portland by 9:30-10. ETA BOMB site 5pm. <br><br>WADTR#10 - The Washington Delegation<br><br>See ya there!

Old Smoky
02-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks Rotorhead. I understand now. I found an old dent puller earlier today and made it into an injector puller. I just had to shorten it a little, and weld on my extra nut. I will make a better slide hammer with various attachment when I have more time.<br><br>Mike<br>

BigK
02-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Mike, I am just going to slowly back away from commenting on your last post ;) ;D ;D

JGK
02-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Old Smokey,<br><br>Lon (Rotorhead) has it nailed regarding the injector puller. I used a form of slide hammer initially until someone mentioned the tubing and nut idea. The latter is much easier. Plus, at least on the second gens, number 5 and 6 are under the cowel and makes using the slide hammer difficult.<br><br>But, hey, whatever works for you!<br><br>-Jay

OlBlue
02-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Old Smokey....

Told ya........

Haaaaamer! [laugh]

Old Smoky
02-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Eric,<br>That was bait. I thought you might take it. I am impressed with your self-restraint. :P<br><br>JGK,<br>I just might have to build one of those too and give it a try.<br><br>Rob,<br>I guess you're right. It is a form of hammer. ::) [laugh]<br><br>Mike<br>

Idaho CTD
02-26-2003, 06:12 PM
If anyone has a 3&quot; V-band clamp laying around can you bring it? I need one for my HX35/16 non wastegated turbo. I'm making an adapter to run this turbo on my HX40 down pipe until my 40's get back from the turbo doctor. I've been trying to find one locally but haven't had any luck as of yet.<br><br>Thanks<br>Nathan

BigK
02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
I was really close, Mike, rare to see restraint from me, but could not quite go down that road, not with the tongue lashing that I'd recently experienced!

On another tack, sounds like greasy hands this wknd!

See ya there!

turbospl311
02-27-2003, 07:38 AM
This is the final check on what I need to bring. I got the fiver hooked up and ready to go. I'm stocking the fridge with beer and some grub.<br><br>For the KDP, I'm figuring I'll need some red loctite. What is the threading on the bolt and length and I can pick some up?<br><br>I'm rolling in the small tool box and bringing the cordless drill. If there is anything I'm forgetting, let me know.<br><br>Thanks, Don Miller<br><br>With luck will be there about 5 pm on Friday. 6 pm if the wife makes me cook dinner for the kids before I go (can you say &quot;McDonalds)

muddymess
02-27-2003, 07:52 AM
ya mite throw in a trouble/work lite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and some more beer. i dont know the threading/length of the set screw. have to have harold post that. just in case harold has some xtras but dont know how many

the bomb party officially starts at 1700 mnt time on fri. gonna get a start on yo rig don, b4 the beer starts flowin and maybe someone else who is stayin fri nite who needs a kdp fix

dont 4get some xtra beer :D

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Are we still on for Mr. Dent Doc? Would that be Saturday or Sunday? It's lookin like I'll only be there for Friday PM to Sat. PM, got a full plate at home for Sunday.<br><br>Vaughn

Idaho CTD
02-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Yes Vaughn he will be there from about 9am to 2pm on saturday. It sounds like he may spend the whole time on your truck though [laugh]<br><br><br>Are we still on for Mr. Dent Doc? Would that be Saturday or Sunday? It's lookin like I'll only be there for Friday PM to Sat. PM, got a full plate at home for Sunday.<br><br>Vaughn<br>

DEZLPWR
02-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Did we ever get enough $$$ for a keg?.... ???<br><br>If not, got plenty in reserve! ;)

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-27-2003, 01:31 PM
<br>Yes Vaughn he will be there from about 9am to 2pm on saturday. It sounds like he may spend the whole time on your truck though [laugh]<br><br><br>Yeah, thanks Nathan ::)<br>Guess he better get started on my truck first!!!<br><br>Vaughn

hbowers
02-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Don Miller.<br> you won't have to bring any red loctite or set screws.<br>I have plenty. see you soon. hbowers

HeberRam
02-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Well, if all goes well tomorow I will be heading out from Heber, around 2pm. Should get there between 8-9pm Friday nite if I don't get lost? ;D As far as beer goes, if someone is bringing a keg or two, count me in for the $$$$ funds. All I'll need is a place to park to sleep! I'm bringing a &quot;bomb&quot; item, I just recieved today, a front stablizer item from &quot;Darin&quot; in Canada which you may have heard about from the TDR. We'll put it on and give it a product review???. Every performance item you want to know about is already on my truck, and everything you would want to buy from Geno's is on Eric's truck from SLC.<br>See you all later.<br>Steve 8)

DEZLPWR
02-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Look forward to meeting you Steve, and downing some brewskis with you.... ;) The WADTR #10 crew should be there with beer in hand by the time you arrive. ;) :D <br>I have the &quot;Canadian steering stabilizer&quot; on my truck, and all I can say is the Canucks done good with this bomb! [laugh] [laugh] It is amazing what it did to improve my steering slop! ;D <br><br>There may not be enough $$$$ for a keg.... :'( :'( We shall see! [eyecrazy] [eyecrazy]

muddymess
02-27-2003, 05:36 PM
the bon fire be burnin when ya get there steve

someone mite thro in couple extensioncords if ya can and maybe a trble lite or 2

for those confused bout the directions stick this in yo gps

43*32.33n

116*46.99w

2269 elev

once ya get by the river east of marsing at the marsing rd turnoff only 8/10s mile to go to harolds

dont 4get to bring xtra beer ;D

muddymess
02-27-2003, 05:43 PM
also dont 4get yo lawnchairs for guzzlin [] by the bonfire

muddymess
02-27-2003, 05:45 PM
and dont 4get xtra [] :D

JGK
02-27-2003, 08:21 PM
OK, kids. It begins tomorrow. First, I just watched the weather on the local news and it looks like anyone coming from the Seattle area is likely to have rain down low and a little snow up high following them along. However it is expected to weaken as it gets closer to ground zero. Goooood. In any case, drive careful. We want everyone that starts out to get here in one piece.<br><br>Second, a little help on the directions for those coming from the west. When you get to Caldwell, and you get off at exit 27, you'll make a right turn, go about 3/4 mile, then make another right toward Greenleaf (there's a sign). The next turn is Farmway to your left (south). This is tricky because it is not obvious and easily missed. Greenleaf road is 4 lane with a center turn lane. Farmway is about .8 mile down the road toward Greenleaf. There is no stop sign or lights. Look for a yellow diamond sign on your right by the curb indicating a road is intersecting from your left. Under the diamond it says &quot;Farmway&quot;. I've posted a white sign with an arrow pointing left that says &quot;Cubby's&quot;. The actual road is a few hundred feet beyond. Watch for a business on your right that says &quot;Propane&quot; on a big yellow sign on the roof, then immediately start looking for the road sign just beyond. Hit your left-hand signal shortly and begin getting ready to turn.<br><br>After that it is clear sailing. Go down Farmway about 4 miles (straight) to the next stop. Turn right (west) on state hiway 55. In about 4 miles it will bend left (south). If its still light you'll see Lizard Butte (http://membersites.nwbombers.com/jgk/Lizard%20Butte%20sml.jpg) ahead a few miles down the road. Just past the butte is the right-hand bend toward Marsing you'll want to miss - just go straight. There's a stop sign. Go a short distance, the road bends left, then another short distance to the first right (Lloyd Lane). Watch for more white signs (if they haven't blown off or been taken down! ). 3rd house on your left.<br><br>If you're coming from the east, take exit 35 in Nampa. This we call the sugar factory exit. You'll see it off to your right. Turn right off the exit, go to the factory and turn left (west). Once this road crosses over the freeway and Nampa-Caldwell Blvd (traffic light) it becomes state hiway 55. It's a good 10 miles from there to where the road bends and you see the butte, but it's straight accross the valley to that point.<br><br>For those of you into GPS, here's something for you to consider:<br><br>Farmway road/Greenleaf road intersection:<br>N 43* 40' 10.5&quot;<br>W 116* 42' 43.6&quot;<br><br>State hiway 55/Farmway road intersection:<br>N 43* 36' 15.1&quot;<br>W 116* 42' 43.7&quot;<br><br>Cubby's:<br>N 43* 32' 18.6&quot;<br>W 116* 47' 00.0&quot;<br><br>Muddy, you crack me up. Great minds think the same. I did the GPS thing today after work. You must have been parked in the same spot I was when you took your reading at Cubby's. Too funny.<br><br>As for the keg fund, not enough was collected ahead of time. Pool the funds at Cubby's and Muddy will make a keg run.<br><br>-Jay

NAIL BENDER
02-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Motorhome is loaded, just waiting for DEZLPWR to show up. WHERE ARE YOU STEVE? Be here no later than 5:45am, bus leaves at 6:00am. <br><br> Joe

OlBlue
02-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok, the following tools are loaded:<br><br>3 toolboxes full<br>1 complete set of 3/8&quot; drive SAE and Metric sockets<br>toolbox of 1/4&quot;, 3/8&quot; and 1/2&quot; ratchets and sockets.<br>3/8&quot; drive deep well sockets<br>2 SAE open end/box end wrench sets (tiny to big)<br>1 Metric open end/box end wrench set (tiny to big)<br>3/8&quot; cordless drill<br>cordless flashlight<br>1/2&quot; drill<br>drill bits<br>12AWG extention cord with 3-way splitter<br>14AWG extention cord (50'+)<br>another roll up 14AWG extention cord<br>grease gun<br>drain pan<br>funnel<br>suction pump (tranny oil, bleed breaks, etc.)<br>floor jack<br>2 jack stands<br>electrical tool box with 35W soldering iron<br><br>Some misc. 1st gen stuff for sale/trade/free<br><br>Anything else I should bring?<br><br>Oh yeah, and a BIG hammer

BigK
02-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Loaded and ready!<br><br>Me, that is, but the house is ready to go, too! ;D<br><br>One stop in Portland, and we turn east. ETA revision is 6PM PST. Allowing a bit for road conditions. Would be nice to make it before dark. When is sunset there, your time?<br><br>In other words, we be gonna cut our chit chat short w/ Rip. How short?! ;D <br><br>

DEZLPWR
02-27-2003, 09:30 PM
See you guys @ 5:45am.... ;) ;D ;D

muddymess
02-27-2003, 09:55 PM
eric,,,,,,,,tell rip he is a weiner for not makin the trip. i got some dudes intrsted in buyin some stuff from him and he aint gwine be here to talk to.

thinkin ya have sufficient lite at 1830 . comin prtland to pndlton otta have good rds and xpect decent cnditions over the blues by time of day u will get there

all ya homies makin a long journey,,,,,,,ya mobile ez and have a safe trip

also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, all of ya wid some 4sale items dont forget 2 bring em to display and sell

and dont foget the []

and steve,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont be passed out in the mtrhme bthtub b4 ya get here [yuk]

DEZLPWR
02-27-2003, 10:09 PM
<br><br><br>and steve,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont be passed out in the mtrhme bthtub b4 ya get here [yuk] <br><br><br> ::) [laugh] [laugh]

BigK
02-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I kinda figure that the time of day for passin thru will be ideal. Gotta watch the shady spots though :o
We'll twist it's tail when we can, and cruise when we should.
We will pass that on to Rip ;)

Lon
02-28-2003, 12:20 AM
I did not get enough money for a keg, so if you want cold frosties, you better bring your own. Looking forward to a great weekend. See You There, Lon

Idaho CTD
02-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Eric,<br><br>Maybe you guys should just handcuff Rip and bring him with you so you can B.S. the whole way down. ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Nathan

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Any suggestions for a good filling spot around the Idaho/Oregon border? Will be looking for some diesel about then :)<br><br>Which route is better to come from the West, via Caldwell or taking the first exit after crossing into Idaho? I will probably go via Parma.<br><br>Vaughn

muddymess
02-28-2003, 10:15 AM
at ontario near the border,,,,,,,,,,a good truckstop. pilot station.

my opinion goin thru parma to marsing is best rte. if ya can make it to parma or even bettr wilder the fuel is a little cheaper. both chevron in parma and texaco in wilder sell a good amount of diesel

dont know if parma raised price ystrday but tex in wildr raised to 178. they have been a lot cheaper than pilot

as to pilot,,,,,,,,,ad 25 cent tax to price on their sign

muddymess
02-28-2003, 10:29 AM
also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i f anyone got any fender aprons ya mite throw em in too

muddymess
02-28-2003, 12:05 PM
nearly ready to pull out. stan[bearfoot] will beat me there........with others arriveing soon behind me<br><br>the beer is iced cold and everythng ready to go<br><br>gwine get a couple few projects done 2nite befor the beer starts to flow. well,,,,,,,,,maybe not b4 some starts to flow<br><br>cya there ;D ;D ;D <br><br>

turbospl311
02-28-2003, 12:12 PM
BTW: I'll post my cell number just in case some one needs assistance on the way. 208-484-9795<br><br>Or if you forgot something and I need to stop at the store.<br><br>I'll be there about 5 pm.<br><br>Don Miller

muddymess
02-28-2003, 12:16 PM
i shld post mine also<br><br>208 739-2520<br><br>if no answer leave mess as im in a bad cell area

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Well I'll be switched. . . . <br><br>I just got back from running several errands at lunch time and my lift pump is whacking out on me :- before setting out on a trip this time.<br><br>I've got another pump I may be able to switch out and see if it doesn any better though but I'm not comfortable embarking on a journey on an unproven pump.<br><br>You guys will have fun without me, I know it'll be hard, but I know you're all tough and can handle it :P<br><br>Vaughn

muddymess
02-28-2003, 03:21 PM
<br>Well I'll be switched. . . . <br><br>I just got back from running several errands at lunch time and my lift pump is whacking out on me :- before setting out on a trip this time.<br><br>I've got another pump I may be able to switch out and see if it doesn any better though but I'm not comfortable embarking on a journey on an unproven pump.<br><br>You guys will have fun without me, I know it'll be hard, but I know you're all tough and can handle it :P<br><br>Vaughn<br><br>c'mon vn,,,,,,,,,,,if it goes (.)(.) up i can tow ya. ya still got that 10'strap [laugh]

Idaho CTD
02-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Vaughn,<br><br>I do have a spare stock LP. If you want to come on down and have troubles you can give a shout and I can run it to you. I do have a trailer than can haul that thing too. I think I even have a 25' tow strap so you wont be quite so scared if'n you need a tow ;D. Come on take one last chance with the old dog before the new one gets here [laugh] [laugh]. If you want to call one of us before you leave then we'll know about what time to expect you.<br><br>See ya here whimp!<br>Nathan<br>208-703-3527<br>208-863-9531

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the offer Nathan, it turned out to be a hectic day at work and I didn't get out of there 'til after 5 (installing a cardiac telemetry system in ICU &amp; Med-Surg at hospital)<br><br>A stock lift pump won't work on my rig, needs 3/8&quot; NPT connection with my wonderful 1/2&quot; fuel line. <br><br>I really wanted to be there but it seems things are stacked against me going. I'm pretty tight on $$ right now doing the new truck thing.<br><br>Next time there is a dyno event or another BOMB party hopefully the cards will fall better for me to make it.<br><br>Anyway, hope you guys have fun and &quot;party hearty.&quot; :)<br><br>I see Cabbage Hill coming out of Pendleton got 5&quot; of new snow this afternoon and it's compact snow &amp; traction tires required. Hopefully Big K &amp; crew along with everyone else coming from Washington &amp; Oregon have a safe trip down there. Maybe someone can post and let us know if they make it OK.<br><br>Vaughn

Ramflasher
02-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Here is some Oregon road cam information...Oregon Highway Cams (http://www.tripcheck.com/RoadCams/roadcams.htm)

Vaughn MacKenzie
03-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Well I got a call from Muddy a bit ago and several guys have rolled into Cubby's already. One KDP has been killed in record time, in 1 hour. A bonfire is going and BSin' has started and everyone is talking about me ::) . Old Smoky, IdahoCTD, BigK, NBender &amp; DEZLPWR got there fine, and a few others who Muddy rattled off to me but didn't catch (it's the &quot;static&quot; ).<br><br>Well have fun you guys and check back in once in a while :)<br><br>Ramflasher those roads are looking scary :o<br><br>Vaughn

Idaho CTD
03-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Vaughn,<br><br>I do have a 15psi carter on the shelf too. Just incase you wake up and feel the need to be with friends. If not we'll have fun for ya ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Nathan

turbospl311
03-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Update on Today's doings:<br><br>7 KDP taken care of including the one from last night.<br>1 set of injectors changed<br>2 trucks had the timing done when I had left <br>and 1 set of 3k gov springs.<br><br>These are some awesome people and I can;t wait to go back tomorrow and see what transpired during the night. Last night ended about 3 am for some people. Others of us crashed about 11 pm.<br><br>A great group and I am really glad I made it out there.<br><br>Don Miller<br>97 with new 3k springs, 16 deg timing and KDP pinned!