PDA

View Full Version : Got to test drive new HO today

yz
12-30-2002, 04:10 PM
I was @ the dealer getting some recalls done so i decided to check out the new trucks. So a salesmen pulled it out and took it for a test drive. The Clutch and the trans. were hard to get use to at first. But ireally enjoyed drive the new truck. I am still surprised how soft the Clutch is. When I first put the clutch in I thought something was wrong. I really liked the new truck more then i thought I would. I just don't have $37,000 nor anywhere close. Really nice though. Maybe in the near future there will be a new Dodge Cummins HO 2500 Reg. cab 4x4. We shall see. -Anthony

GO 4LO
12-31-2002, 07:37 AM
How was power/torque compared to your current engine? Is your '94 stock? Thanks.<br>Chris

yz
12-31-2002, 06:34 PM
Yeah my truck is stock. I really did not put my foot into it. But But from what I could tell it was not a major major difference. But I could tell that it was more powerful then my truck. But i did really like the truck though. i was very impressed. Maybe I will just have to go for another test drive and put my foot into it a bit. huh? ;D I think the salesmen enjoyed riding in the truck just aobut as much as I did driving it. There was not even a sales pitch just enjoyed the ride. -Anthony

robsobx
01-01-2003, 01:01 PM
my clutch is firm as hell, (I think my left leg is bigger than my right now)and the tranny was very tight the first few thousand miles

dealseeker
01-01-2003, 01:48 PM
&quot;No sales pitch&quot;. Maybe he thought there wasn't much chance of a 17 year old buying a new truck. There are a few young people(19-21) where I work and they often get no respect at dealerships until the ******* finds out what they do for a living. The fact that your guy pulled it out and let you take it for a spin means he's not one of those ignorant ones.

yz
01-01-2003, 06:51 PM
He did not know I was 17. Usually I everyone thinks in am in my 20's. I finally told him when we sat down and talked numbers. He could not believe it. he repeated it twice. My nick name is Able Lincoln. I have a beard Like Lincolns and my face kinda looks like his. maybe I will post a pic.<br>The truck was about $150 more a month but my insurance Co. would rape me on the new truck. But I would not buy a new one right now anyways. I love my 94. -Anthony