PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Install Electrical Question

White02Sport
10-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Greetings, all. I am about to install my A pillar and Autometer EGT &amp; boost gauges, and a head scratcher has come up.<br><br>Where's the best place to tap in for lights power and the EGT gauge power source? I called a stereo shop, and their only suggestion was to tap into a power source with a crimp connector-ughh...<br><br>There has to be a better way to get power up to the A pillar, and I thought I'd read somewhere about a fuse connector/tap that worked well. Any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br>Joe

AggieJustin
10-04-2002, 01:40 PM
For my gauge power I put a fuse tap into position #16 in the fuse box. That is key on power and was previously unused.<br><br>As for the gauge lights, I tapped into the wire coming off the back of the headlight switch that supplies light to the rest of the cluster. This way my gauges dim along with the rest of the dash.

White02Sport
10-04-2002, 02:15 PM
Where would the best place to get a fuse tap? Radio Shack or somewhere like that?

TPilaske
10-06-2002, 06:47 PM
napa for the taps.. you get like 4 for a couple bucks. Tap the #5 so you can dim the lights on the gauges... at least that's what I did! ;D<br><br>Tony

Commatoze
10-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Also, Painless Performance make some nice fuse blocks for adding electrical accessories. I think Geno's carries them.<br><br>-Tom-

TPilaske
10-06-2002, 07:11 PM
<br>Also, Painless Performance make some nice fuse blocks for adding electrical accessories. I think Geno's carries them.<br><br>-Tom-<br><br><br>Ahhh yes, I should've mentioned that! I just hooked up my 4 + 3 a few days ago! I love it! ;D