PDA

View Full Version : February Meet?

dodgeguy71
01-19-2008, 06:20 AM
What do ya say? Want to get together for a little meet in February? It seems that a wrench day or sit around and chit chat day is in order. Sooooo, I have a friend who has a large shop, however his house is a bit far from mine, kinda. Anyhow, all my tools and such are here at my house. He has tools but I have more as a mechanic. Ok, cutting to the chase. If you want we can have the meet at my house. I have a small couch in the shop/garage, chairs, many tools etc, etc. I even have a torpedo heater. I had a fridge that I got for free but it died.

So if you want to meet up at my place we can wrench on some stuff if you need to or just hang out in the garage and shoot the bull, actually could go down in the field and shoot the target if you so choose......but not the goats!!! As a matter of fact, U.S 43 raceway is about 15 minutes down the road from me and if we did this on a saturday, we could all run down to the track and maybe take some runs on the drag strip.

I'm thinking February 2nd or the 9th because I'm still road guy and still on call except for those two weekends......wish they would get their paperwork done so I could transfer.....soooooooooo.......slllllllllooooooooo owwwwwwwww.

Feb. 2nd is good cause it's closer, what are your thoughts. I know I'm kinda out here in the boonies....not as bad as deereguy and KVD...you guys are really out there!!

deereguy07
01-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Jus meetin at your house is fine with me dodgeguy. I don't know if I've got anything to wrench on as I have not desided what I'm doin to my truck yet. lol Jus let me know a time. And I'll probly have to get directions from you sometime.

TNLoneWolf
01-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Well boys, as luck would have it, I've got the AirDog 150 to install. I've talked to dodgeguy about, and I've also just bought (used), a Quad x2 Race module to replace my Banks Six-Gun, sooooooooooooo.......I'm in for which ever date you pick. I need to get these parts installed before the Dyno Day. Now all I need is the transmission upgrades to hold the Smarty/x2 stack[guitar][laugh]

dodgeguy71
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Lets pick February 2nd then, what ever time you want to be here is fine with me. I'm up at 5am usually with no alarm clock. If ya ain't got anything to work on that's fine we'll sit around and blab.

Ok,

DATE:February 9th

TIME:Whatever is good for you, I'll be here all day babysitting

TNLoneWolf
01-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey dodgeguy, how many people do we need to remove my truck bed?
Thanks

DGraham1023
01-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I want to come down and shoot the bull.....BUT.....I have to work on Feb. 2nd. I hate this working every third Saturday!!!! I would be game if we meet on the 9th. If not, I will see if anyone wants to swap Saturday's with me.

SalukiATO
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Hmmmmmm, just might have to meet some of the local diesel dudes.[guitar]

Keep us updated.

Ryan

TNLoneWolf
01-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Great, dodgeguy needs all the help he can get finishing MY truck on that day. Weather itbe the 2nd or the 9th[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]:o

cr25ovet
01-19-2008, 09:16 PM
new here.
anyone can come? is there a membership required?
would be fun to meet some people with the same interest.
chris

TNLoneWolf
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
welcome cr25ovet, we'll be glad to have you!!!!
See dodgeguy...He's the boss!!

dodgeguy71
01-21-2008, 05:12 AM
Ok lets scratch the 2nd and change it to February 9th.

That's February 9th, my house, meet.February 2nd CANCELLED

Welcome cr25ovet, sounds like it's gonna be a good turnout. Now where to park everybody????:o:o:o

TNLoneWolf
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey dodgeguy, can you give us satalite coordinates to your house[laugh][laugh][laugh]:o

JPR Ram
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I am flying into Nashville on the afternoon of saturday Feb 2 and flying out on sunday Feb 9. I was gonna start a post to see if there were any events or something going on that weekend. Is there? The friends house I'm staying at in Smyna (sp), I think is how you spell it. He says he's just out side of Nashville. I'm looking forward to some time off, doing a little bit of partying. He says his favorite bar is a double-wide. I just gotta see that with my own two eyes..........

dodgeguy71
01-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Hey JPR that's Smyrna.....I think [laugh][laugh] Got that R in there. I've worked there and still have a hard time figuring out if I've spelled it right. It's about 20 minutes or so southeast of Nashville.

"Hey dodgeguy, can you give us satalite coordinates to your house"

Actually I did look up our location as far as Longitude and Latitude for my hot water heater project, but it just gave Columbia and Mt.Pleasant which are close but there are a bunch of roads with no names, some are even paved!!!

purged981
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm in if I don't have to work.

DGraham1023
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Feb 9th works for me, just let me know what time you guys want to meet up.

deereguy07
01-23-2008, 06:08 AM
The 9th is fine with me. I'll be there as of right now.

dodgeguy71
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
The time is open ended, get here when you get here, leave when ya leave. Don't know if the wife will let me have anybody sleep over though!! [laugh][laugh]

Figured we'd raid the tiny town of Mt.Pleasant for lunch. They just opened up a new eatin' joint down there and we had breakfast there last weekend and was real good. So now it's time to try their lunch menu!! Just finding a place to park all them trucks?? Gotta be careful though, the place is right next door to the local law enforcement. :o:o

TNLoneWolf
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey dodgeduy, the smoky burnouts are out of the question then, I guess[laugh] We're going to have time to get all my work done on Saturday aren't we? I figure it would take about 5 hours for the AirDog and the Banks removal/ Quad install.....[guitar]...I can hardly wait!![coffee]

Micaiahfied
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Man, i don't come in here for a week and you guys go and plan a whole event, lol. I have something going on that evening but i may be able to work something out. I've got lots of work to do on my trucks but no money, so we'll have to see.

TNLoneWolf
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I hope you can get out there Micah, it'll be goodto see you again!![guitar]

deereguy07
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
You know Macaichfied, I've got the same problem. All kinds of plans but the funds are in someones pocket besides mine.

Got the injectors put back in dads truck tonight. In a shop at least out of the wind but still no heat. When the weather man says its 15* degrees outside tonight he is not lying at all!:)

tauberson
01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, ive been on the forum for a while but never joined the TN Chapter.
I am in need of some transmission advice. See shudder thread in 3rd gen drivetrain. Also, who I need to talk to to become a member?

TNLoneWolf
01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey guys, ive been on the forum for a while but never joined the TN Chapter.
I am in need of some transmission advice. See shudder thread in 3rd gen drivetrain. Also, who I need to talk to to become a member?

Hello tauberson,
I'll tell you, it's TOUGH to join up. We don't just let anyone in.......[nonono]

There are three very important requirements......[yuk]

First you must have a CTD....[laugh], I see your SIG
Second, you must be breathing:o must be, you can type
Third, the third thing is the toughest of all.....contact "dodgeguy71"....he's our fearless leader.[director]
I'm the resident ....."comic relef"..... (idiot)[coffee]

Come out to the Febuary 9th meet!!

dodgeguy71
01-26-2008, 03:03 AM
Welcome Tauberson!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/greet009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

As TNLoneWolf said, he is the comic relief.....I mean I am the fella who is in charge of this circus....at least in Tn, I think. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Best thing to do is email me at kadservices03@yahoo.com your name, contact # and general location. This will give me a better idea of where our local diesel heads are at. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/transport035.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Mark, ya need to come on down, me and deereguy can't be the only ones without money!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) I'm starting to wonder if Robert has a key to a bank somewhere!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) As you can tell by my overly animated smiley.....I'm joking Robert!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
Boy I love these smileys!! Ok, easily amused.

DGraham1023
01-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, I am a proud member of the "Empty Pocket CLub"!!! [laugh] Seems like whenever I get some side cash, it is gone faster than I made it...usually on something I never intended to use it on. I guess part of it is from owning a home, the rest...I am not really sure where the rest of it goes! Part of life I guess, one day I hope to have a money tree in my backyard! [roll]

dodgeguy71
01-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I hear ya, my kids were saying something this morning about buying something and I said well lets buy the tires for Bell(my kids name for my truck) and get the clutch master/slave cylinder thing repaired that has decided to start leaking down while your sitting at a stop light which releases the clutch and then the truck starts to pull, then you can't get in out of gear unless you shut her off, then pump the clutch pedal a few times and your back in business.

As you said, seem like everytime I get it built up again some other stuff falls apart, never ending cycle.....well one day I guess it will end. If I did'nt have to figure out ways to make money all the time(legally of course) so I could survive what would I do all day long????

TNLoneWolf
01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Robert has a key to a bank somewhere!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) As you can tell by my overly animated smiley.....I'm joking Robert!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
Boy I love these smileys!! Ok, easily amused.[/QUOTE]

[laugh]Yep, the money bag is empty, of course I ordered the parts thinking I'd have the money from old parts I sold,[nonono] then I had to put tires on my wife's Honda Pilot , [yuk] now I've got to "actually pay off" the credit card with the next commision checks. Luckly, I get weekly checks, I just hope the jobs don't dry up!:o

KVD
01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
The 9th sounds good to me.

Don't worry guys I ant got no money either, but hey thats what the banks are for, or somethin like that.

dodgeguy71
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Ok, well looks like we're a week out!! Time...like I said, open ended. Keep in mind though I wake up around 4 or 5 daily so late night guy I am not!

Directions, well I'll give the basics here and then I'll do something to lead you in the rest of the way.

If you live south of Columbia on I-65 go north and northerners go south. Anyhow, get off on exit 46 head towards Columbia. It's the Stan's Restuarant exit and there is also a Love's Truck stop(diesel $3.18/gallon) at that exit. If your early enough stop by Stans and get Shawn an order of Bisquits and Gravy.....mmmmmm, They have awesome bisquits and gravy, hmmm, what am I doing for breakfast tomorrow??

Anyhow, from the interstate you'll go right around 22 miles. When you get of the I-state it'll be highway 412. You'll come into Columbia, big intersection, Mc D's on left, shipleys donuts on opposite right. While your there grab shawn a large cup of coffee from Mc D's, no sugar, no creme. Go through intersection, it's gonna be highway 412/43 towards Lawrenceburg. Stay on this 4 lane and keep counting down your 22 miles from I-state. You'll have two red lights, one after the big intersection and one more further down the road. After those two red lights and some seat time you'll come across a blinking yellow light in what seems like nowhere. Oh, the speed limit will go down to 55mph before the yellow light. We'll go from there maybe I'll have signs or something....or balloons!!! To get you in the rest of the way, not to hard after that.

Hillbilly
02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Newbie here. :cool:

I own a CTD, but it's sitting on the back of my flatbed for the time being. :o I'm getting it prepped to be shoehorned into my F350. Anyone want to explain/show me this KDP problem in the timing gear/case? My engines a pull out from a runner, but I been advised to address it before it rears it's ugly head, being it's not in the vehicle yet. I'd being willing to drive down and have someone explain some of the wiring on this engine before I heave it over the grill. I'm not that far from Mt Pleasant. Just over on the west side in Dickson,TN 37055

dodgeguy71
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey Hillbilly, come on down we can figure it out. Seems like a bunch of 3rd gen folks gonna be there saturday...oh wait, deereguy is now a 2nd genner. I don't think the dowel pin is all that difficult. You get a kit from TST performance I believe, they are in the dtr vendor area. Think the kit was around $50. It's a plate that goes over the dowel pin and a bolt holds that in and would be a breaze out of the truck!! You could run down highway 7 to 43 and then head towards Lawrenceburg. I'll have something out there to point the rest of the way in.

TNLoneWolf
02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
yea, Shawn, Deerguy went backwards...[laugh] Hey deerguy, you coming out on Saturday? Hope to see you there![coffee]
Shawn's buying LUNCH!![laugh]

deereguy07
02-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Tnonewolf, Yea I'm planning one being up there sometime. Ain't sure exactly what time yet. Finally started getting some parts I think. JUs got to find out some shipping costs and get them on the way and I'll be in business. Maybe I can find wat I need and get it done and goin by Dyno day.

TNLoneWolf
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey Tnonewolf, Yea I'm planning one being up there sometime. Ain't sure exactly what time yet. Finally started getting some parts I think. JUs got to find out some shipping costs and get them on the way and I'll be in business. Maybe I can find wat I need and get it done and goin by Dyno day.

You need to get her running by March 15th for sure[guitar]Good Luck[coffee]

deereguy07
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Yea if I get the parts I've got lined up now all that I've got left to get is the pedals, driveshafts, and transfer case. I got out and tinkered with it some today. I'm wondering how lond its goin to take to crank it back up. Its been sitting now for bout 5 months I think. Fun Fun

dodgeguy71
02-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Ok, Saturday. About the time, well, I've got it set in my mind that I am going to the scrap yard to offload some aluminum and get rid of my pile of washers, dryers and other to the metal gods. The place opens at 7am and should be back around 9am. So don't get here before 9am.

TNLoneWolf
02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow, early morning post! 4:30 am, ouch![yuk] Did you get alot of bad weather down there last night? Anyway 9 am, Saturday (can't forget the biscuits/ gravy and coffee!![coffee]

KVD
02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I'll probably be down a while before lunch, (how long that is a ahve no clue).

DGraham1023
02-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Shawn, what time are you expecting people to show up, and I know you mentioned something about going out for some lunch right? Didn't know when everyone else was planning on coming down.

TNLoneWolf
02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey DGraham, I'm going to be there early, 9am, We're working on my truck.
Doing an AirDog150 (removing the bed) and an O/D Lock-out kit, and an oil change....(the easy part)[laugh]

dodgeguy71
02-07-2008, 04:40 AM
Early??? Im up at 4am everyday.....somedays I'll sleep in, wife says 5:30 aint sleeping in!! That's on the weekend though. 9am sounds good, like I said I'll be in Pulaski at 7am, hopefully can get unloaded and collect my income and be back on the road at the latest by 8:30. If I move along I can make it back from there in about 30 minutes.

Hopefully our "accurate" weather people are right on about this weekend. Yesterdays forecast of nice and clear yesterday afternoon with clear skies was a bit off, just a bit.

Directions You guys got my phone number? don't know if I'll have time to make/craft some kind of marker to put up so just give me a call, it's pretty simple from the main highway. If there is any kind of marker it'll be simple and say DTR and arrow If I get a chance. email me if you don't have my number.

SalukiATO
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh Boy Oh Boy!! [roll] Is it Saturday yet?

I'm pretty likely to head that way and meet some you of fellow diesel crazies.

email sent dodgeguy

Ryan

deereguy07
02-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Well I was planning on driving up in my new truck but that won't be happening now. Lost 5th gear on the way home tonight from dropping off some tractor parts at a friends house. You know a 4spd 4:10 geared truck sucks. I hate to know how much fuel I burnt on the way home. Gotta take dads 06 to mboro Sat. morning for some new tires finally. So probly riding over with KVD.

dodgeguy71
02-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Ahhh, the infamous 5th gone bye bye syndrome. I've heard it's not so bad, the nut torques to something like 400ft lbs or something, not sure heard about them being done, have not done one yet. Friend has an older truck, his may go sometime. He had the front cover leak fixed a few weeks back and I had him get the KDP kit from TST and the guys at the local Cummins dealer put it in for him I believe, while they had the front gear case off for a leak.

Got most of my aluminum gathered up, figure all my scrap will go towards the Air Dog. Tired of the good ol' dealer 4-5 psi while cruising intank "more volume" pump. Have a power puck and pull it down to 2psi??? I smell a turd.....

If I get the Air Dog...oh boy, then I'll have no excuse not to buy the Edge nozzles....:o:o:o At least with the Southbend expense I could justify it to my wife cause, "the darn thing hangs when I'm backing my trailer up!!" and the Air Dog, " the fuel pressure gauge is way to low, better to spend the $500 now than the $1100 for the injection pump". But injectors?? That'll be a tougher sell!! Well, time for bed, then back up at 4am!!!

deereguy07
02-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Hopefully it won't be that bad. Gotta pick up the updated nut in the mornin and try and fix it on sunday afternoon. Not what I really wanted to do on sunday afternoon but ol well.

dodgeguy71
02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Heres my number, call for the final way in. Real easy,

931-446-0433 Shawn

If you call around 8am I'll probably be somewhere around Pulaski, Campbellsville area....which means touch and go service. Hope to be back at 9am.......ish. Don't know if I'll have a sign up...like to just run out of time. Anybody got some of those little people like on the cell phone commercial. Need to get me a couple more me's....just mini me's!!

TNLoneWolf
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Anybody got some of those little people like on the cell phone commercial. Need to get me a couple more me's....just mini me's!!

ONE SHAWN IS PLENTY THANKS[laugh][laugh][laugh]:o

TNLoneWolf
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
WHAT, NO UPDATE?[director] WHERE ARE YOU PREZ[laugh]
We had a GREAT turnout today, 100 % better than the last meet![guitar]
It was great meeting all you guys today. I'm ready for the March 15th Dyno Day! (even if the trucks not!) [yuk] Thanks for all the help today, it was nice having extra hands (and backs) for a change. :cool:
Good food, nice pick there Shawn, [roll]
OK, I've used up my quota on emoticons:(

dodgeguy71
02-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll have the cheeseburger!!

DGraham1023
02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, thanks Shawn for letting us crash at your place for the day, I enjoyed meeting everyone! I guess everything went smooth and you got Robert's truck running, with hopefully more than 3-5psi!! I will try to get some of those pix posted tonight!

SalukiATO
02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
No, not quite done.
1 line from Air Dog to CP3 and wiring is left to be done. The fun stuff is wrapped up though.

It was great to meet all you guys.

Ryan

deereguy07
02-10-2008, 11:28 PM
It was nice meeting yall and talkin to everyone again. Enjoyed the lunch too. Need another cheeseburger.

Got the new nut in today. Put it all back together and got done bout 8:45. Pull out of the shop made it down the drive and out on to the road. About 300 yards went to shift from 3rd to 4th and trans locked into reverse. 4 nice black marks in the road. No actually I wasn't doggin it but babying it this time. Talked to 2 people tonight that said it could be: Broken shifter rail, seized bearing or something else can't remember. Gotta take all that good stuff we jus put back in back out again plus a transmission. Hopefully maybe jus a shifter rail. Buddy of mine has some of them! If not then hopefully that trans I bought from a guy on here will be here tomorrow and I'll jus put it in there instead of in the pull truck like was planned. If you have never seen fifth gear in one of these trans before it aint big as nothin. 2.5 inchs in dia. and about 3 inchs long. Not what I thought 5th gear was gonna look like.[laugh] Hope ya'll all Had a better day than I did.

TNLoneWolf
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Wow Deerguy, not a great Sunday for sure,[yuk], hopefully it's only the shifter rail, hate to see the "pullin" tranny have to go to street service. We all hope this week gets better for ya[coffee].
Robert

Micaiahfied
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it on saturday. I ended up taking a last minute trip to PA to see some family and pick up a little commuter car from my dad for my new job in nashville. I got a job offer friday and we are just hammering out some of the finer points before I officially accept. I will be pretty busy and am afraid that I may not get a whole lot done before the march meet.

Boz007
02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I wish i coulda made it. This new job has me working so much but im gonna try hard to make it to the dyno day.

DGraham1023
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
COME ON DYNO DAY!!! :cool:

I am looking forward to putting my truck on the dyno and seeing what she puts out!! Now I just have to decide if I am going to get a Smarty or not. Decisions.....decisions.

TNLoneWolf
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
COME ON DYNO DAY!!! :cool:

I am looking forward to putting my truck on the dyno and seeing what she puts out!! Now I just have to decide if I am going to get a Smarty or not. Decisions.....decisions.(yes, you will get a Smarty)BUT WAIT! NOT BEFORE DYNO DAY MARCH 15, 2008[laugh]