PDA

View Full Version : Faith? Shania? Whoa....

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 12:19 PM
I watch CMT
alot...ok well maybe "alot" is an understatement

Just wondering if any of y'all have seen Faith Hill's "Cry" or Shania Twains "Gonna Getcha Good" ????

As always Faith is just Faith, excellant video excellant vocals as well as looks.

Shania has made her first video in 5 years I think it is........and its a catchy song, and of course shes nice to look at while watching it.

Then of course there is Rebecca Lynn Howard's "Forgive"....which features an awesome house.....as well as her voice. [eyecrazy]

Oh and then theres Lee Ann Womacks "Something Worth Leaving Behind"...................... [eyecrazy]

Any comments on any of the above?

8)

Wade
10-10-2002, 12:22 PM
I wish I could get CMT :'(

admin
10-10-2002, 12:23 PM
I know some of you will think I'm nuts, but my favorite artist of all time?? ?? ?? ??<br><br>Allison Krauss<br><br>Lee Ann Womack is good too. I like her song &quot;Dance&quot; although it got so much airplay that I hate it right now. I probably won't be able to listen to it for a year or two [laugh]<br><br>Faith is pretty hot. I saw a special on her last night. I believe it was the CBS evening news. I never liked Twain much. Don't know why, just never did.<br><br>

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 12:26 PM
I know some of you will think I'm nuts, but my favorite artist of all time?? ?? ?? ??

Allison Krauss

Nuts? Not at all, shes a heckuva artist, she just doesn't have the exposure like the other &quot;glamor&quot; ones do.

I liked Shania's first album, then Woman In me came out and everyone went nuts so I kinda stopped listening ........but this new video is interesting. See for yourself! (http://www.mercurynashville.com/shaniatwain/whatsnew.html) Even the &quot;highbandwidth&quot; version kinda sucks compared to how it comes out on the TV ...

Of course I have to mention a female artist with a powerful, moving voice........Martina McBride.

Lee Ann Womack has been one of my favorites every since &quot;Never Again&quot; ....... I've been hooked since her first album. Her &quot;new&quot; looked kinda shocked me..but it grows on ya.

Javaluva
10-10-2002, 12:42 PM
<br><br>I know some of you will think I'm nuts, but my favorite artist of all time?? ?? ?? ??<br><br>Allison Krauss<br><br>Nuts? Not at all, shes a heckuva artist, she just doesn't have the exposure like the other &quot;glamor&quot; ones do. <br><br>I liked Shania's first album, then Woman In me came out and everyone went nuts so I kinda stopped listening ........but this new video is interesting. See for yourself! (http://www.mercurynashville.com/shaniatwain/whatsnew.html) Even the &quot;highbandwidth&quot; version kinda sucks compared to how it comes out on the TV ...<br><br>Of course I have to mention a female artist with a powerful, moving voice........Martina McBride.<br><br>Lee Ann Womack has been one of my favorites every since &quot;Never Again&quot; ....... I've been hooked since her first album. Her &quot;new&quot; looked kinda shocked me..but it grows on ya.<br><br><br><br>That is a REALLY cool graphic... ;)

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Heres Rebecca's &quot;Forgive&quot; (A clip of it) (http://www.mca-nashville.com/rebeccalynnhoward/base.html?section=video)

Awesome house, awesome voice, on and shes pretty cute too.

Guess its time to install my TV Tuner/capture card......got alot of videos to save it lookes like [eyecrazy]

More of Lee Ann.....off her website

Shovelhead
10-10-2002, 12:53 PM
&gt;:( Goofy network admin types. [eyecrazy]<br><br>Too much firewall/filter...........can't see diddly..........<br>

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 12:55 PM
http://www.leeannwomack.com
http://www.shania-twain.com
http://martina-mcbride.com/flash.shtml
http://www.rebeccalynnhoward.com
http://www.faithhill.com

Commatoze
10-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Uhhhh...sorry...never heard of 'em. ???...But have heard George Howard, Warren Hill, Christian McBride, and Bobby Womac. ;D They're some of my favorite artists.

ramlovingvet
10-10-2002, 01:31 PM
<br>I know some of you will think I'm nuts, but my favorite artist of all time?? ?? ?? ??<br><br>Allison Krauss<br><br>Lee Ann Womack is good too. I like her song &quot;Dance&quot; although it got so much airplay that I hate it right now. I probably won't be able to listen to it for a year or two [laugh]<br><br>Faith is pretty hot. I saw a special on her last night. I believe it was the CBS evening news. I never liked Twain much. Don't know why, just never did.<br><br><br><br><br>Me Too Jack I just Melt when she Sings :) Alison Is the Queen of Blue Grass!

tool
10-10-2002, 03:19 PM
I went to see Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in concert last year. Awesome show, and Faith is quite simply beautiful.<br><br>Funny story that happened last thanksgiving:<br><br>Of course these stories always start out with &quot;there was this girl&quot; whom I had been dating for a while. We had just finished thanksgiving dinner and were in the recroom, kicking back with a drink and watching CMT. I didn't know the parents that well so of course was on my best behaviour, wanting to make a good impression. The video for Shania's &quot;Man, I Feel Like A Woman&quot; comes on. Shania has some rubber outfit on with a top hat and big high boots up to her hips. The girls mother asks &quot;who is that?&quot; so we tell her it's Shania, she says &quot;I didn't realise she was so umm....... &quot;voluptous&quot;.... Not wanting to go anywhere near that comment I turn to the girl and say jokingly &quot;those are some nice boots eh?&quot; she giggles and the mother gets a rather strained look. Silence follows, so I chip in again..... &quot;Gee Kelly, you should get some boots like that!&quot;. <br>Now the mother has a fit... &quot;WHAT DID YOU SAY???!!!&quot; Kelly jumps up BOOTS MOM<br><br>Mother starts laughing hysterically....... Ohhhhhhhh I thought you were sayinf Boobs!<br><br> [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]<br>It was hysterical

10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
here is my personal favorite <br> :o :o :o

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 03:32 PM
http://www.terri-clark.com

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Heres one &quot;not as well known&quot; .....

BigBlue
10-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Faith, Shania, Allison, Lee Ann, Terri, lead singer for Trick Pony, Martina, and a bunch more. They can all sing and can all look good doing it to. I got tired of CMT. Watched it every day for three months. Now we don't even get it and I miss it. :'( My favorite though is Shania. The video &quot;Man I feel like a woman&quot; or &quot;That Don't Impress Me&quot;

Hoss
10-10-2002, 04:05 PM
I will say this....of all the concerts I've been to, Shania puts on one of the best, if not THE best. Her interaction with the audience is amazing....and she does a lot of cool things that I thought were really neat.

BigBlue
10-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Well, another entertainer that gets into the audience is Garth Brooks. I know he is a guy but he gets into the concerts. Him and Travis Tritt. Wish he would come down here and play.

Hoss
10-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Having been to both Garth and Shania concerts, I'd take a Shania concert over Garth any day. But, considering I quit liking Garth Brooks a long time ago, that's not surprising. I think &quot;Ropin' the Wind&quot; was his last good album....

doomgaze
10-10-2002, 04:15 PM
This past summer during Country Concert in Fort Loramie, OH Terri Clark and Sawyer Brown came into where I worked at the time and ate dinner. It was amazing! They signed a lot of autographs that day. Terri puts on a hell of a show too!

And apparantly Toby Keith was at Wal Mart. I didn't see that one, but there was a lot of fuss about it.

Guess it's the one good thing about living where I do ;)

As for the artist that puts on the best show, I've never seen Faith or Shania, but Neil McCoy puts on the best show I've ever seen! Even in the wake of Tob Keith and Alan Jackson during the concert, McCoy was the best.

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 04:20 PM
By far my favorite Lee Ann video is Ashes By Now..................I mean I'll drop whatever I am doing to watch it if it comes on. Shes got on some nice fittin pants.

tool
10-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Hoss, must have been the &quot;Boots&quot; that did it for yeah eh?<br> [laugh]<br><br>I've seen a lot of good live acts lately.<br><br>Brooks &amp; Dunn (twice actually) most excellent. Toby Kieth, Dixie Chicks, Montgomery Gentry, hmm, what else? Can't think at the momment.<br><br>One live act that is awesome and doesn't get enough press in my oppinion is Keith Urban. <br><br>An absolutely incredible guitarist. Talent beyond belief.<br>(used to play a little myself)<br><br>Julian Austin, Trick Pony,.......... <br><br>Gosh Darn I have seen alot of Country acts.......

BigBlue
10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Seen George Strait, Brooks and Dunn, and a couple of others. The ones that are the best though are Robert Earl Keen, Pat Green, Corey Morrow. All of the Texan artists. Man. You talk about a party. Especially when they all play together on the same day. Anyone here go to the Fall Fandango last Sun.?

Palmetto_kid
10-10-2002, 04:42 PM
no, but going to Shiner on the 19th. Robert Earle is headlineing

cr1998
10-10-2002, 04:43 PM
<br>... Neil McCoy puts on the best show I've ever seen! Even in the wake of Tob Keith and Alan Jackson during the concert, McCoy was the best.<br><br><br>Neil McCoy does put on a good show. Clay Walker is another good one. ;)<br><br>CR

BigBlue
10-10-2002, 04:50 PM
no, but going to Shiner on the 19th. Robert Earle is headlineing

Would if I could but try explaining that one to the parents. Not only the festival, but the drive by myself. Maybe I can get dad to go. ::)

Neil McCoy played at our county fair this past weekend. Didn't get to see the show. To busy swapping a friends cam.

gitchesum
10-10-2002, 07:53 PM
<br><br>That is a REALLY cool graphic... ;)<br><br><br>Am I the only one to pick up on that??<br>Is there something about the graphic we oughta know? Like maybe you designed it?<br>If do, great work.

KatDiesel
10-10-2002, 10:12 PM
It doesn't say who made it ........however if you did have a hand in it..great job. Its my wallpaper :)<br><br>LeeAnn's site is real fun to visit from time to time.

BigBlue
10-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Ok. Don't yell at me on this. But I was watching TV with my parents and they flipped to a Michael Jackson concert. Granted, I can't stand him personally, but the guy can dance and sing. He puts a lot of energy into his concerts. I know I am going to regret saying this. [laugh]

phox_mulder
10-10-2002, 10:21 PM
I don't much care for the guy ???, or his music, but he is the defintion of Entertainer.<br>Talented, had great videos in the 80's.<br><br>Kinda got stranger as the years went by.<br><br>phox

gitchesum
10-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Well?? Is this your handy work Java?<br>http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/attachments/1st_r2_c1.jpg

KatDiesel
10-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Curious as well..................<br><br>I have noticed over the past couple of days CMT will play the Shania video, the a couple videos later Faith, and ocasionally mix in Lee Ann ...... I really like this format they are using 8)

Fishcop
10-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Faith.......Faith.....Faith.......Faith........ ;) ;) :o :o

95ramtough
10-15-2002, 07:05 PM
I went and saw the Neon Circus Tour this year at the Gorge in Washington State. It had Gary Allan, Chris Cagle, Brooks N' Dunn, Trick Pony, and Dwight Yokam. I was very impressed with everyone. I have to say as far as prettiest singers... It would have to be Sara Evans! haha good post. I love country music and CMT.