PDA

View Full Version : excuse me mr. obama

cbrahs
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry to bother you Mr. Obama, Sir

Excuse me Mr. Obama, I mean Senator Obama, sir. Um . . know you are busy and important and stuff. I mean running for president is very important and . . . ah . . . I hate to bother you. I will only take a minute ok, sir?

See, I have these missing pieces that are holding me up, and I was wondering sir, if you could take time out of your busy schedule and help me out. You know, no big deal, just some loose ends and things.

I can't seem to get some information I need to wrap this up. These things seem to either be 'locked' or 'not available'. I'm sure it's just some oversight or glitch or something, so if you could you tell me where these things are . . . I . . I . . . have them written down here somewhere . . . oh wait. Sorry about the smears. It was raining out. I'll just read it to you.

Could you help me please find these things, sir?

1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- not available, locked down by faculty
4. Harvard College records -- Not released, locked down by faculty
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- 'not available'
8. Law practice client list -- Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate - - Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published -- None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None
13. Your Record of baptism-- Not released or 'not available'
14. Your Illinois State Senate records--'not available'

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

BUT....

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After
143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America ? Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

rockcrawler304
10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America ? Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

LMAO!!

Good read. Thanks cbrahs [coffee]

cbrahs
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Ya and people are wanting to vote this guy in when he can't PROVE any of his background to state and SHOW without a doubt that he is a naturalized citizen. as far as I am concerned he is an illegal alien. Prove me wrong but til then....

rockcrawler304
10-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I see too many people falling for his smooth talking and ignoring the fact that he does not give any info and facts of HOW he plans on fixing the problems he talks about. His facts that he does give are so vague, it is ridiculous!! I hate that he will not elaborate on his past [verymad]

rockcrawler304
10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Anybody hear this from the Howard Stearn show?

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

Hope these people do not actually vote! [dummy][dummy][dummy]

CD in NM
10-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Funny part is . . .

When he was running in the primary, he berated Hillary Clinton about making all her records publically available because that's the way it's supposed to be and also something about laws that require full disclosure by candidates.

So, why is his stuff not made available???

Somethings really up with this man, he always uses some lame argument and changes the subject really fast when boxed in. I cannot believe he has gotten as far as he did AND with all this secrecy stuff he surely has a distance to go before people should take the man seriously.

I heard today on the news that both candidates and their staff are starting the FBI vetting for security purposes. I bet he isn't even qualified for a confidential security clearance let alone on of higher levels. Just his current associations over the last 20 years would give reason by the FBI to deny him a confidential clearance. Add to all that the questions about his citizenship that continue to go unanswered, the FBI will get all those records and IF he is not a citizen or a natural born one, he is a done deal.

Carol

COUNTRYBOY
10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
the FBI will get all those records and IF he is not a citizen or a natural born one, he is a done deal.

Carol

God we could only hope!!! I'm sure someone would pay the FBI off though, terrorist are rich!!! [coffee]

COUNTRYBOY
10-19-2008, 10:27 PM
We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America ? Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

LMAO!!!! Call me Simon, because I'm not buying any of his cra*... [nonono] Like I've said before you just can't fix stupid... Obama lovers make me [yuk]

RAMRODD
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Anybody hear this from the Howard Stearn show?

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

Hope these people do not actually vote! [dummy][dummy][dummy]
Howard Stearn [laugh] That is a real good source for information [dummy][coffee]

Sandaholic
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

Or are we?

Equalizer 2
10-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately people supporting Obama prove the politicians are right, "people don't know that is good for them and it is up to the politicians to take care of the people".

Obama has a great plan to take care of the people, he will just get the UN to make all of our laws while he worships at the statue out front of the UN. The one with the pistol barrel tied in a knot.

Sandaholic
10-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Funny part is . . .

When he was running in the primary, he berated Hillary Clinton about making all her records publically available because that's the way it's supposed to be and also something about laws that require full disclosure by candidates.

So, why is his stuff not made available???

Carol

I remember talk of this. I thought it was about where his campaign money was coming from though? If what you're saying is true then what is the deal with Obama?

cbrahs
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
What happened to "governed by the people" and not government? There are far too many people who support him thinking they need government to take care of them. Get off their arses and take care of themselves would be nice.

COUNTRYBOY
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Or are we?

LMAO STOP, STOP I TELL YA, I'm DYN OVER HERE!!!

cbrahs
10-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Chris don't you have a power plant to run or are you slacking again? LOL How ya been buddy? Hope all is well down in your area. Call me when you are up here next time. YOU TOO CAROL we can go grab lunch.

Colo_River_Ram
10-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Here is a link to the court case challenging his citizenship, all he has to do to get the thing dropped is provide them with his birth certificate. His reluctance to do so only makes you wonder what he is hiding?

This case was filed by a Democrat by the way...

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2008cv04083/281573/13/

Sandaholic
10-19-2008, 11:02 PM
LMAO STOP, STOP I TELL YA, I'm DYN OVER HERE!!!

Yeah that was funny [laugh]

But, really it's not funny :o

cbrahs hit the nail on the head with that comment......it is like american idol to these people! [dummy]

cbrahs
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
far too many reality tv shows out there and people think this is funny. we want "change". we sure can have change without him in office

Colo_River_Ram
10-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah that was funny [laugh]

But, really it's not funny :o

cbrahs hit the nail on the head with that comment......it is like american idol to these people! [dummy]

More people voted for American Idol than in the last presidential election...

COUNTRYBOY
10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Here ya'll will get a kick out of this... Well I hope you do, I did!!! American Idol toward the end.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s45nLKjQ50

jlibert
10-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Jeez,

it's not looking good for us guys.

I hope McCain can pull it out.

COUNTRYBOY
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Jeez,

it's not looking good for us guys.

I hope McCain can pull it out.

X2 [verymad] [nonono] :(

cowboy2526
10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
X3..............

TexasCTD
10-20-2008, 02:20 AM
X3..............

X4!!!!! I am truely scared for our country's sake!

This guy has almost sweet talked himself into the Whitehouse with all the "sheeple" supporting him.

jlibert
10-20-2008, 02:29 AM
It's a bad deal. The good news is that there are still a lot of undecided voters that will have to do some serious thinking on election day. Can we really trust this guy to be in charge of our military during this time in our nation's history?

COUNTRYBOY
10-20-2008, 03:40 AM
I could just imagine him tryin to take our guns away. Do I dare say it? Can you say blown away, someone will. See if Biden will be as dumb...

ofcmarc
10-20-2008, 05:14 AM
This case was filed by a Democrat by the way...

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2008cv04083/281573/13/

That's some real interesting reading. Scary interesting. Can't wait to here the outcome of it.....

herb
10-20-2008, 06:38 AM
What many people are overlooking (or refusing to acknowledge) is that a large number of people who are going to vote for Obama are not voting for him because of his qualifacations, they are voting against what the present administration has done over the past 8 years.[verymad]

2whistlers
10-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Noted, but the last 8 years was Bush's admin, not McCain's. I've still not seen anywhere in McCain's policies that say "Same as Bush". People seriouisly need to give that stuff a rest.

herb
10-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Noted, but the last 8 years was Bush's admin, not McCain's. I've still not seen anywhere in McCain's policies that say "Same as Bush". People seriouisly need to give that stuff a rest.

That is exactly what they are doing. Giving that Stuff a rest by backing Obama.
Mcains campaign pretty much has done itself in by being so negative towards the opposition instead of dealing with issues. But he had a nearly impossible task at hand having to deal with his predecessor's legacy

rebel_horseman
10-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Just remember the Three B's and you'll be far ahead of the majority of folks. Beans, bullets, band aids. Barry Hussein may indeed get in and if so, he will start his attack on the 2nd Amendment. He can try to disarm us all he wants. The only way he can succeed is if good people are willing to trade their freedom for temporary security. Course it's also nice when the local sheriff stated that he would never go along with a confiscation program.

The tree of liberty is almost dead folks. It may become necessary to water it very soon and even then it may be too late.

Sprinter17
10-20-2008, 07:27 AM
You republicans make me laugh, alway crying about something.[laugh]

ChrisLib
10-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Ummm heres a thought on O`s citizenship, IF it`s found he is not a Nat. Born citizen and he has to withdraw from the race....who fills his Birkenstocks? I`d put my $$$ on ol Hillerry.

2whistlers
10-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Dealing with issues? The media has done nothing but criticize and try their best to negatively portray McCain in every action he's taken. If he sits back and says nothing, he's giving up. If he speaks up and says something, he's being negative toward B.O. The worst part is, nobody that I've talked to can go into a discussion about B.O. without saying EXACTLY what the media says day in and day out. For that matter, some research in BOTH candidates with positive notes, not negative towards the other would be a great change. As far as the crying goes, we all will be when our freedoms go out the window. Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it while you can.

rkelley
10-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Just remember the Three B's and you'll be far ahead of the majority of folks. Beans, bullets, band aids. Barry Hussein may indeed get in and if so, he will start his attack on the 2nd Amendment. He can try to disarm us all he wants. The only way he can succeed is if good people are willing to trade their freedom for temporary security. Course it's also nice when the local sheriff stated that he would never go along with a confiscation program.

The tree of liberty is almost dead folks. It may become necessary to water it very soon and even then it may be too late.

Perhaps we should mention the Patriot Act which was enacted by the war mongering President and his Republican Congress back in 2001. I guess we can all sleep better at night knowing our government has our best interests at heart. Who cares anyway if the government can wiretap our phones, email, etc without a written judicial approval. Can you say blatant disregard of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?

Some info about this "Patriotic" act:
-----------------------------------------
Much of the controversy over the Act stems from changes to foreign intelligence surveillance law, National Security Letters, material support prohibitions and mandatory detention laws. Roving wiretaps, defined in section 206, were particularly controversial. Many commentators have objected to them, believing them to bypass the Fourth Amendment requirement that search warrants detail the place to be searched. EPIC have criticized the law as unconstitutional, especially when "the private communications of law-abiding American citizens might be intercepted incidentally", while the EFF hold that the lower standard applied to wiretaps "gives the FBI a 'blank check' to violate the communications privacy of countless innocent Americans". Others do not find the roving wiretap legislation to be as concerning. Professor David D. Cole of the Georgetown University Law Center, a critic of many of the provisions of the Act, found that though they come at a cost to privacy are a sensible measure[202] while Paul Rosenzweig, a Senior Legal Research Fellow in the Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation, argues that roving wiretaps are just a response to rapidly changing communication technology that is not necessarily fixed to a specific location or device.[203]

The Act also allows access to voicemail through a search warrant rather than through a title III wiretap order.[204] James Dempsey, of the CDT, believes that it unnecessarily overlooks the importance of notice under the Fourth Amendment and under a Title III wiretap,[205] and the EFF criticises the provision's lack of notice. However, the EFF's criticism is more extensive they believe that the amendment "is in possible violation of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution" because previously if the FBI listened to voicemail illegally, it couldn't use the messages in evidence against the defendant.[206] Others disagree with these assessments. Professor Orin Kerr, of the George Washington University school of law, believes that the ECPA "adopted a rather strange rule to regulate voicemail stored with service providers" because "under ECPA, if the government knew that there was one copy of an unopened private message in a person's bedroom and another copy on their remotely stored voicemail, it was illegal for the FBI to simply obtain the voicemail; the law actually compelled the police to invade the home and rifle through peoples' bedrooms so as not to disturb the more private voicemail." In Professor Kerr's opinion, this made little sense and the amendment that was made by the Patriot Act was reasonable and sensible.[207]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me the current administration has been taking away our freedoms way before any other party gets in office.

CD in NM
10-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I think it will be interesting to see what the 'American Idol' crowd does if Obama is elected and their lives change dramatically from what they envisioned (for whatever that envisionment is?)

If Obama gets elected, and the dems take even a greater stronghold of congress, we could see a lot of changes being pushed through that could bring on even a greater economic set of problems. Obama will not have the surplus from the former administration that Clinton got when he was elected. He will not have much more than a fiscally bankrupt nation, with plenty of problems that are just beginning and speculated to get worse way before getting better. He will be facing unemployment that far surpasses anything that this nation has seen in several decades. While the 'community organizer' side of his resume is his most-only strength, he will have great difficulties herding the 'sheep' as they are accustomed to immediate gratification in every respect, they do not know how to do without and make do with what they have and most of what they have is debt based.

If Obama cannot instantly gratify his voter base he will quickly see them rise into an unruly group. Just how unruly they get, and how fast they get that way will be what drives problems even deeper for Obama to deal with things.

The good news is that the landscape/terrain of congress can be changed in 2 years. If things just get worse and worse, at least the voters can push to reign in the administration. Then it's only 2 more years and the voters can change the administration.

As far as the polls telling everyone that Obama is way ahead of McCain, polls have a way of being manipulated, and then there is the undecided - they will make up their minds in the voting booth. I have read so much now regarding all this that it is all becoming rather a blurr, but somewhere I read that the undecided voters are primarily made up of people in the 55-62 year old age group. If that information is true, they have been through many economic speed bumps in their lifetimes, chances are they will be more likely to vote for McCain, they view experience and see change negatively.

CHRIS - I will be heading up to Albq soon, will give you a call about lunch when I know my travel plans/timeframe a little better.

Carol

rebel_horseman
10-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Perhaps we should mention the Patriot Act which was enacted by the war mongering President and his Republican Congress back in 2001....

The proper term is un-Patriot Act as there is not a cotton picking thing patriotic about that act. I have no use for the current administration and don't have much use for McCain either, but in this case we're faced with the choice between a turd and a douche bag and I pick the douche bag.

rkelley
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
If Obama gets elected, and the dems take even a greater stronghold of congress, we could see a lot of changes being pushed through that could bring on even a greater economic set of problems. Obama will not have the surplus from the former administration that Clinton got when he was elected. He will not have much more than a fiscally bankrupt nation, with plenty of problems that are just beginning and speculated to get worse way before getting better. He will be facing unemployment that far surpasses anything that this nation has seen in several decades. While the 'community organizer' side of his resume is his most-only strength, he will have great difficulties herding the 'sheep' as they are accustomed to immediate gratification in every respect, they do not know how to do without and make do with what they have and most of what they have is debt based.

Precisely why I think he will be spend all of his time addressing these issues instead of taking our guns away, massively reducing the military, or forcing Islam on our nation. He has plenty of work in front of him to be bothered with these "side issues".

I have no use for the current administration and don't have much use for McCain either, but in this case we're faced with the choice between a turd and a douche bag and I pick the douche bag.

LOL - I feel the same. But, you put it more eloquently that I could [laugh]

capt.Ron
10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Precisely why I think he will be spend all of his time addressing these issues instead of taking our guns away, massively reducing the military, or forcing Islam on our nation. He has plenty of work in front of him to be bothered with these "side issues".
LOL - I feel the same. But, you put it more eloquently that I could [laugh]
While I think the taking the guns away is a side issue (for now) I don't believe HE will be trying to force Islam upon us.
I do believe however his gutting of the military will commence pretty early. This is partly how he is going to fund all of his socialist programs.
He'll cut spending where we need to increase spending so he can increase spending on wasteful socialist programs.

rebel_horseman
10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QduqFM_GruQ/SPjEPxFO9OI/AAAAAAAAHR4/VaEycZ79gEE/S668/Untitled.jpg

[guitar]

staarma
10-20-2008, 09:56 AM

[laugh]

The problem is he knows that he can't force anything upon us until he disarms us. Like I said before, some will just roll over and take it and others not so much. I'm in the others category.

Baja
10-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Please post a link that directly shows Obama saying how he will, or plan to, disarm us. Thanks.

tslewisz
10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
His voting record on firearm rights is very clear. He doesn't believe we have any.

Baja
10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Please show me a link that shows his voting record about that, what bills, legislation, etc. I have never heard that he wants to "disarm" us. I have heard that he supports the 2ed Amendment so I am curious where this "disarm" information is coming from.

Colo_River_Ram
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Mcains campaign pretty much has done itself in by being so negative towards the opposition

Nah...He is just stating the facts that anyone who is capable of turning off the Liberal owned TV and going on line can find..

Why doesn't your "American Idol" Obama show his birth certificate to the court?? That is all it would take to make the case that was filed by a "Fellow Democrat" go away...

md-rebel
10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Please post a link that directly shows Obama saying how he will, or plan to, disarm us. Thanks.

Now this link is from the NRA site BUT if you take the time to read the complete article it states his voting record back to 1996.
Please read on.... (Portion below)

http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.aspx?NavGuid=e7a4e2d7-1dff-47cd-9d6e-ef10cbb9623b&ID=328

10/14/2008 -
Obama

Issue by Issue

In his speech accepting the Democratic nomination for president, Barack Obama tried to spin his words skillfully. As he has before, Obama claimed he would "uphold the Second Amendment." But Obama, who's lived his whole life in cities, states and foreign countries with restrictive gun laws, once again suggested that "the reality of gun ownership may be different" in rural and urban areas--implying that the Second Amendment means something different depending on where you live.
Obama, of course, is a polished speaker who says "words matter." But deeds matter more. Over the past several months, NRA's magazines have reviewed Obama's record at length. And we do mean length because, while Sen. Obama is short on years in office, he's long on anti-gun votes and even longer on rhetoric. Now it's time to review Obama's words and deeds, step-by-step and issue-by-issue......

BigErksG2
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Baja, what I would like to know is when small business owners are taxed out the anus and they have to lay off people what plan does obama have for the skyrocketing unemployment rate? just tax the people that work 70 hour weeks to give more money to people that sit around and do nothing? As a business major in college and having helped business get off the ground, taxing these people is the wrong thing to do. I also personally know business owners that would have no problem hiring more help if they could afford it but instead of helping them afford more employees, you are going the other way? Small businesses (50 people or less) provide 16 MILLION jobs in the US and 73% of all businesses are small businesses... WHAT ABOUT JOE THE PLUMBER??? Socialism is just gives people an excuse to be lazy while hard working people like myself work 60, 70, 80 hours a week at more than one job because I have a dream of owning (not renting with an interest only mortgage but thats another story) a home and being able to provide my family a comfortable lifestyle. Once I get enough capital from busting my butt for a few years, I want to open my own business and hopefully there is someone in office that understands how small businesses are a staple of the american economy. Is that too much to ask? Probly is for obama, guess i better go put on my turban and join him in the abida bubida hubida dance.

staarma
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Please show me a link that shows his voting record about that, what bills, legislation, etc. I have never heard that he wants to "disarm" us. I have heard that he supports the 2ed Amendment so I am curious where this "disarm" information is coming from.

Just read Illinois' gun laws and you will get a good idea of what he would like to see done in every state. Go to Cabelas and look at ammo to buy online. Read the fine print where Illinois is the only state listed where they cannot ship ammo to. That is where it all starts. Without ammo a weapon isn't much good is it?

Here's what the site says for ammo sales.

Item notes
ALL orders placed from or shipped to Illinois, MUST be placed by the FFL Gun Dept. by calling 1-800-237-4444 ext 132; available Monday-Friday 7am-9pm and Saturday 8am-5pm (Central Time).

patdaly
10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
staarma, don't forget, Illinois is one of exactly 2 states that steadfastly refuse to allow a citizen the right to carry for self protection.

That's red states and blues states boys......... And Obama was one of the ones who were 100 percent against giving us citizens that right.

Yea, sounds like he is a reasonable dude.

staarma
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
staarma, don't forget, Illinois is one of exactly 2 states that steadfastly refuse to allow a citizen the right to carry for self protection.

That's red states and blues states boys......... And Obama was one of the ones who were 100 percent against giving us citizens that right.

Yea, sounds like he is a reasonable dude.

Yep, and if he gets in I think we will see it for all states. My wife and I just secured Novemebr 8th for our CCW. Not that I want to carry but it makes buying guns much easier and I want to exercise the right before we lose it.

matego
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.fbi.gov/clearance/securityclearance.htm

Q: What kind of inquiries will the FBI make into my background? A: Credit and criminal history checks will be conducted on all applicants. For a Top Secret security clearance, the background investigation includes additional record checks which can verify citizenship for the applicant and family members, verification of birth, education, employment history, and military history. Additionally, interviews will be conducted of persons who know the candidate, and of any spouse divorced within the past ten years. Additional interviews will be conducted, as needed, to resolve any inconsistencies. Residences will be confirmed, neighbors interviewed, and public records queried for information about bankruptcies, divorces, and criminal or civil litigation. The background investigation may be expanded if an applicant has resided abroad, or has a history of mental disorders, or drug or alcohol abuse. A personal interview will be conducted of the candidate.

It seems to me the guy cant even get security clearances and he is supposed to be the commander in chief? When he pulls all the troops out of the ME you better be loaded up to fight Al-Qaeda in your back yards [verymad]

staarma
10-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I am. I just ordered more ammo from Cabelas today. The free shipping deal runs out tonight at midnight. With free shipping the ammo is hard to beat at Cabelas.

Baja
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Google "Obama and gun control" good read, lots of info. Unfortunately, there is enough to interpret it almost any way you want, a bad thing. I can see how you might be afraid, but I think there should be no basis for it. I do support gun control, and even though I support Obama, personally, I would never support a total gun ban. I think it would be impossible for ANY politician of any stripe to get something like that though. It won't happen.

staarma
10-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I think it would be impossible for ANY politician of any stripe to get something like that though. It won't happen.

And that right there is my biggest fear. People don't realize that if we get a democratic president and cabinet in there along with the current democratic controlled house and soon to be democratic controlled senate they will be able to write a law on Friday and have it passed on Monday before we knew what happened. Once again, this is what our forefathers warned against.

staarma
10-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Google "Obama and gun control" good read, lots of info. Unfortunately, there is enough to interpret it almost any way you want, a bad thing.

BTW, I don't see any other way to interpret these facts do you? Speaks volumes to me but I'm for the 2nd amendment and you stated you are not.

It's his voting record.

Barack Obama on Gun Control
Democratic nomine for President; Junior Senator (IL)
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

CD in NM
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
So, since we are delving into some of the Obama stuff, I found this on his Mrs's college thesis

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thesis.asp

Interesting, probably could use a little discussion, or not?? Wonder how her thoughts on the subject have changed??

CD

cbrahs
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
You republicans make me laugh, alway crying about something.[laugh]

do what? always crying about something? you liberals should talk. [director]

cbrahs
10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QduqFM_GruQ/SPjEPxFO9OI/AAAAAAAAHR4/VaEycZ79gEE/S668/Untitled.jpg

[guitar]

Now that is funny!

cbrahs
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.fbi.gov/clearance/securityclearance.htm

Q: What kind of inquiries will the FBI make into my background? A: Credit and criminal history checks will be conducted on all applicants. For a Top Secret security clearance, the background investigation includes additional record checks which can verify citizenship for the applicant and family members, verification of birth, education, employment history, and military history. Additionally, interviews will be conducted of persons who know the candidate, and of any spouse divorced within the past ten years. Additional interviews will be conducted, as needed, to resolve any inconsistencies. Residences will be confirmed, neighbors interviewed, and public records queried for information about bankruptcies, divorces, and criminal or civil litigation. The background investigation may be expanded if an applicant has resided abroad, or has a history of mental disorders, or drug or alcohol abuse. A personal interview will be conducted of the candidate.

It seems to me the guy cant even get security clearances and he is supposed to be the commander in chief? When he pulls all the troops out of the ME you better be loaded up to fight Al-Qaeda in your back yards [verymad]

But the Libs forgot about 9-11. we should not be over there to begin with (according to them since they can't remember back that far and how many people lost their lives when those planes crashed).

Just like stated above. Get ready to fight cause it will happen if bo gets in. just wait and see how much damage will happen and how many people are killed. they are already planning it so get ready.

BUY AMMO!