3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ever Do White Line-X/Rhino On Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever Do White Line-X/Rhino On Rocker?

My megacab is white and I'm thinking about removing the stainless panels (they're starting to friggin' rust underneath!!! ) and going with Line-X/Rhino.

I'm thinking of doing white to match my truck, or possiblt black - but I'm afraid that black might stand out too much.

Anyone have pics of a white truck with the rockers done in Line-X/Rhino?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:47 AM

i'm interested as well. although i do plan to run black line-x on mine. seeing how a lot of my truck is black already.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:34 AM

i have a red truck and did the rockers with dark orange.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 AM

I can't say from experience but it's what i've heard. After quite some time the White will start to turn a Yellowish color. Especially living in the snowy states (and Canada, if thats where your at).

I have a White truck and was looking at doing my rockers in Black line-x. I was quoted $600 for both sides, I just don't know if I want to pull the trigger yet. Although it does looks BA on most trucks.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 AM

I have a white qcsb and it looks friggin sweet with black rhino lining. I have buddy with a white mega and he had it done a little higher than mine and also had the fender done so it looks like a fender flare. Looks good but its a little high up for me. If i get to feeling better ill go out and snap some pics of mine to let you get an idea. One thing i didnt do is the bumper because its stock. With a replacement bumper painted black it will look good i think. The paint chips is what caused me to do this. Will do this on all trucks from now on.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 AM

I'm going to go to the Line-X guys this morning and ask about the white. Line-X claims that their colour fades only as fast as the paint colour...however, white is not really a colour - it's the absence of colour, so I'll see what they say. Wouldn't want it yellowing!!!

I'd love to see pics of any white truck, so yes, post away!

I've thought about doing the chrome part of my front bumper in Line-X as well...since it too is starting to get rust spots on it. I wonder if they can cover chrome....?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM

My buddy own a rhino shop and he doesnt reccomend white. Its prone to fade and shows all dirt and is hard to scrub off with the texture of the lining. Id go black just my .02
Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
I've thought about doing the chrome part of my front bumper in Line-X as well...since it too is starting to get rust spots on it. I wonder if they can cover chrome....?
I don't think they spray over the chrome by it's self. They have it sandblasted so the coating will adhere better. At least that's what they did for my running boards and tool box.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Black would look good on the rockers of a white truck, and it would look even better with a pair of black fender flares. A quick google search yields many results. Here is one of "mt05cummins/cummins forum" truck. I've been tossing around the idea myself.
Attached Thumbnails Ever Do White Line-X/Rhino On Rocker?-101_1654.jpg  
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Once my truck is nice and beatup (many years down the road I hope) I plan on having the whole thing sprayed with bedliner and turning it into a deerlease truck.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:39 PM

I used to remember on my old 91 ranger where the rocker panels and area behind the rear tires where already coated with some rubberish compound and then painted right from the factory. I think all trucks used to come like that but the manufactures have since gotten cheap. Paint has also gotten a lot thinner too.

I would just take it to an autobody shop and get the same sort of treatment. I am sure they would do a lot better job than some Linex shop. Autobody shops usually have lifetime warrantees too.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Over on cummins forums there is a thread where a guy took the duplicolor under coating stuff and sprayed his rockers and it turned out great. The thread is pretty old and people keep asking him how it's lasting and it seems to be holding up pretty good. I will see if I can find a link to it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
I'm going to go to the Line-X guys this morning and ask about the white. Line-X claims that their colour fades only as fast as the paint colour...however, white is not really a colour - it's the absence of colour, so I'll see what they say. Wouldn't want it yellowing!!!

I'd love to see pics of any white truck, so yes, post away!

Did you find out anything from the Linex guys?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:07 PM

No, not yet...got sidetracked...but I'll get there tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 PM

Well, I'd be real interested in what you find out!! Please let us know.

Quick Reply: Ever Do White Line-X/Rhino On Rocker?