PDA

View Full Version : Early Bronco fans...

Marty86
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121098

Thought I'd share. Its not mine, but I love a early bronco. I'd love to build two EB's. One as a regular bronco, and one with a cummins.

BRUISER
05-19-2009, 07:46 AM
well man he is not even to the engine part yet :(

98whitelightnin
05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Me and my wife were just talking about building a 1st gen bronco with a cummins last weekend. I want to squeeze a 12v in one though.

high bid
06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Me and my wife were just talking about building a 1st gen bronco with a cummins last weekend. I want to squeeze a 12v in one though.

If you find out how to do this....I'd really be interested as I have an efi 302 w/low gear auto tranny just about ready to go in BUT man I'd really love a cummins 4bta! There's just something about the tq of a diesel!

westerner
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Guys, I own a 71 bronco that has been in the family for decades. When it came time to repower, I did a LOT of research on putting the 4bt in. Wanted it BAD. However, I could not get past the gearing issue. Without a 5 speed, I would spend alot of time back and forth between high and low range to do any wheeling at all. With a 5 speed of any kind, the rear driveshaft would be so short that I felt reliability would be poor at best. I am not a rockcrawler, but do test axle articulation from time to time. Ended up building a 302 with an emphasis on low end torque, what little they have[laugh]. I am happy with it, and am currently getting my CTD fix with the 6bt going in my 76 f-250 four door:cool: I know there are Broncos out there with the 4bt, and I'm sure they work, but I could not spend the time and money it would take to overcome my aversion to extended hikes in the dark:eek:

PapeCAT
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
there was a stacked Orange EBronco out at Surf N Turf this year (Pismo LC run)

I didn't get a chance to look at the driveline but it was scooting around pretty good. Id Imagine you'd have to run a CV style output and rotate the axle pinion to point straight into the driveline in order to make it work.

high bid
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
westerner....thanks for the info. I'll probably end up w/the 302 knowing this.

turbo d
08-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Guys, I own a 71 bronco that has been in the family for decades. When it came time to repower, I did a LOT of research on putting the 4bt in. Wanted it BAD. However, I could not get past the gearing issue. Without a 5 speed, I would spend alot of time back and forth between high and low range to do any wheeling at all. With a 5 speed of any kind, the rear driveshaft would be so short that I felt reliability would be poor at best. I am not a rockcrawler, but do test axle articulation from time to time. Ended up building a 302 with an emphasis on low end torque, what little they have[laugh]. I am happy with it, and am currently getting my CTD fix with the 6bt going in my 76 f-250 four door:cool: I know there are Broncos out there with the 4bt, and I'm sure they work, but I could not spend the time and money it would take to overcome my aversion to extended hikes in the dark:eek:There are alot of early broncos with 4bts on the 4btswaps.com web site, I am also building one myself, BTW i am new to this site.

high bid
08-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Here's a cool link to Tx Offroad & bronco pic

http://texasoff-road.com/index.html