PDA

View Full Version : Duallies # 2!

hellotbone
10-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok guys at the request of jack lets start a second daulie thread to take up less space! Keep the daulie talk here folks. By the way Im lookin for a nitrous set up anyone know a good one?

10-16-2002, 09:27 AM
I am with you

hellotbone
10-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Ok built a website for my daulie its a little rough but not bad for 1/2 hours work!

Here is my site (http://public.aci.on.ca/~com222)

10-16-2002, 10:44 AM
nice jamie, when I get home i will put a link to your website on my truck page, you got an great looking truck. You won't see that knid of truck in my area.

10-16-2002, 10:45 AM
hey have you ever taken your daully bed off your truck? If so what else is involved beside the 8 bolts holding it on?

hellotbone
10-16-2002, 02:49 PM
;D Now your talking my language! I have had it off a couple times comes off reather easily a few bolts and a bit of wire in the tailights!

10-16-2002, 03:01 PM
now on the side marker lights, just unhook the lights and let the connector part fell into the fender?<br><br>Taillights, I will have to drive my truck 76 miles with no bed, what do you think, just tape the light on the chassy part?<br><br>

Palmetto_kid
10-16-2002, 03:46 PM
thats what i would do. i have seen guys just lay them horizontally and duck tape them to the frame or bumper or whatever you can.

willyslover
10-16-2002, 05:47 PM
Jamie...so why don't you add some pic's of your friends rigs to your site on another page...especially the visually modified ones :)..that way others might get an idea to get rid of 'ol plane jane rigs LOL<br><br>need to show some of us dumb gearheads how to do a site also :)

Luke S
10-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Jamie, cool site but you mis spelled duallie. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

gitchesum
10-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Jamie...so why don't you add some pic's of your friends rigs to your site on another page...especially the visually modified ones :)..that way others might get an idea to get rid of 'ol plane jane rigs LOL

need to show some of us dumb gearheads how to do a site also :)

Cmon Gary, it ain't that hard. :)
I still get your pictures posted here. :) (http://home.houston.rr.com/gitchesum/garys_truck/)

Here's mine
http://home.houston.rr.com/gitchesum

hellotbone
10-17-2002, 06:33 AM
Hey guys thanks for the comments I made some tweaks I will try to get some pics of my other truck but u guys will probably ban me cause its a bowtie that's modified. <br><br>I love that hood on the silver dodge looks mint. <br><br>Hey I want to sell my dodge guys and for alot less than I have into it. Where is a good place to advertise it? I want to built a dodge 1500 single cab short box.<br><br>

hellotbone
10-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Willyslover just get frontpage a play around it couldn't be easier I taught myself in about 3 days how to make a site.

10-17-2002, 09:30 AM
<br>Hey guys thanks for the comments I made some tweaks I will try to get some pics of my other truck but u guys will probably ban me cause its a bowtie that's modified. <br><br>I love that hood on the silver dodge looks mint. <br><br>Hey I want to sell my dodge guys and for alot less than I have into it. Where is a good place to advertise it? I want to built a dodge 1500 single cab short box.<br><br><br><br><br>what, did I miss something, sell your dodge :o ???

hellotbone
10-17-2002, 12:28 PM
You got it she's forsale I have a new project in mind I always do this buy a truck do it up and sell it get a new one every year!

CMN_NOT_STROKN
10-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Well Jamie, it's your $$$ ;)! I didn't get my pics off my digital camera in time for the first round. Here is my truck...only it is a little dirty. Been working too much [yuk]

TEDHRS
10-17-2002, 01:52 PM
not a pic of mine, but mine looks just like it. I'll have pics soon.

hellotbone
10-17-2002, 02:19 PM
Nice daulies guys hey spread the word about mine forsale its on ebaymotors.com too!

BigBlackDodge
10-17-2002, 04:32 PM
Well I better jump in too.<br><br>283,000+ miles never looked so good ;D ;D

Shovelhead
10-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Chevy's eye view. [laugh]

Shovelhead
10-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Other view

10-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Just put my new decals on my truck, I took the ones off the extended cab window.

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 12:16 AM
<br>Ok built a website for my daulie its a little rough but not bad for 1/2 hours work!<br><br>Here is my site (http://public.aci.on.ca/~com222)<br><br><br><br>i c that u r sellin this truck on ebay

yomitch
10-20-2002, 01:01 AM
and mitch walked away

yomitch
10-20-2002, 01:11 AM
Seat belt saved my sorry ***!

10-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Yomitch, glad you walked away, what happened?

hellotbone
10-20-2002, 09:15 AM
midwestdually Yes sir I am selling it on ebay as well! spread the word I promise this truck to put a smile on anyone's face!

yomitch
10-20-2002, 11:09 AM
This happened a year and a half ago. I live in squawmish british columbia canada, an hour north of vancouver (4 hr north of seattle) and I was on my way to work in the city. The highway is called the sea to sky highway which is one of the most beautiful drives in the world (also one of the most dangerous as it is very windy, mountian on one side ocean on the other). I know this drive quite well as I've been doing it every day for 4 years and I went to pass this guy on a fairly short place you could pass (dotted yellow line) and as I was just pulling out to pass a tour bus came around the far end so I decided to brake ligthly an tuck in behind the guy(as I wasn't even completely across the line) and the guy in front braked on me so I braked hard, my rear end slid out and my front tire blew and I rolled three times behind him.<br> I woke up on my side (drivers side pointing to the sky) with a bunch of people around and I couldn't get out of my seatbelt as all my weight was on the center seat back so I had my leatherman tool in my pocket and cut myself out. The door was still working and the nice people pulled me out.<br> From what I heard later was that there was a great round of applause as everyone thought that no way anyone could survive that. Way!<br> My wife met me at the hospital where they were stiching me up as I spent two hours in x-ray (no breaks) so I sent her to get my tools and when she got back I could see in her eyes that she was more scared than me.<br> You sure can see what love is when you nearly have a fatal accident.<br> Word of advice, wear your seat belt, you never know.<br><br><br> mitch<br>

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Well here is mine as it is today... In the rain Is this the only 2500 dually on the site?

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-20-2002, 05:00 PM
Cattlehauler I still have not braved putting the decals on the paint. One day I guess [eyecrazy]

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-20-2002, 05:05 PM
<br>and mitch walked away<br><br><br>Mitch you are one lucky sucker.

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 06:06 PM
my truck when i bought it almost 2 years ago.

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 06:07 PM
another

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 06:07 PM
..<br>

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 06:09 PM
last one

10-20-2002, 06:25 PM
nice looking truck midwestdaully, the chrome stands out real good on your truck.<br> Needs dual chrome stacks now ;D

gitchesum
10-20-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey Haulin,<br>You ain't gonna believe this but, I think I saw your truck. I was on vacation to Massachusetts, we stopped in Alabama and saw a truck just like yours with a 3 car trailer on the back of it. Sitting at a Dairy Queen in Gadsden I believe.

dalton4
10-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Midwestdually, the rear shot of your truck looks like there is no clearance or at most very little between the tires. Is your clearance that tight or is this an illusion caused by camera angle and shadows?<br><br>Nice looking ride.<br><br>Jerry<br>

midwestdually
10-20-2002, 09:06 PM
camera angle i believe.

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-20-2002, 10:34 PM
<br>Hey Haulin,<br>You ain't gonna believe this but, I think I saw your truck. I was on vacation to Massachusetts, we stopped in Alabama and saw a truck just like yours with a 3 car trailer on the back of it. Sitting at a Dairy Queen in Gadsden I believe.<br><br><br>Could very well be. One of my main loading areas is at Atalla which is a Gadsden area lot. I am in / out / and around this area daily. On the other hand there are two more that look about the same in this area. You were in my neck of the woods for sure. If I had known we could have had a cup...

yomitch
10-20-2002, 11:00 PM
This is where I live, Squamish, British Columbia, Canada.<br> A great place to live!

raiste
10-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Beautiful!<br><br><br> This is where I live, Squamish, British Columbia, Canada.<br> A great place to live!<br><br>

Palmetto_kid
10-21-2002, 10:59 AM
HID, WHEN DID YOU DO THE DUALLY CONVERSION? WHO'S SETUP DID YOU GO WITH? <br><br>LOOKS GOOD

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Palmetto after pricing and looking forever at different methods of converting to duals I made the decision to go with Arrowcraft hub adaptors. For me this was a good decision. It cost me 1145 including the Ford wheels. If I had gone to stock hubs and brakes I would still have had to go to adaptors for the Ford wheels.<br><br>I have had no brake problems so changing them was not a top priority. I can run large tires (wide) and still run the G rated Goodyears. I cannot go overweight on the tire ratings within the real capacity of the axle. The bearings on the outside are the same as the dually but the inner bearing is slightly smaller so I watch it. I recently repacked the bearings and the wear is great and that was with 140,000 on them. I am carrying a set in the truck in case of problems on the road, but they now have 20,000 on them as dual and are doing great.<br><br>The rear adaptors were received with the inner hub ring machined too small and I took them to a local machine shop to enlarge them to fit. One wheel was received out of round and the dealer never made good on it. The quality of the adaptors is great, they are made from solid stock and there is no way that they could or would break. The only disadvantage that I have found is that they must be removed to change the brakes on the rear. I have always looked at trucks the same as a hotrodder looks at a car. If it breaks, you put heavier on it. Overkill is a way of life. I am sure that down the road there will be a heavier rear axle, probably a superduty ford axle with air suspension.

10-25-2002, 11:21 AM
Haulin do you have any pics for your setup with the dauls?

Haulin_in_Dixie
10-25-2002, 07:03 PM
I am leaving right now for Atlanta but will post a couple in a day or so.

10-25-2002, 07:07 PM
<br>I am leaving right now for Atlanta but will post a couple in a day or so.<br><br><br>thanks Haulin

Haulin_in_Dixie
11-14-2002, 04:01 AM
<br>Haulin do you have any pics for your setup with the dauls?<br><br><br>I said a couple of days, been looking for my &quot;round-to-it&quot; and a little time. Here a couple of pics of the adaptors.

Haulin_in_Dixie
11-14-2002, 04:06 AM
And another. The adaptors are hogged out of solid steel. They have special nuts to attach to the original wheel studs. They have a centering hub on the inside and one on the outside to center the ford wheels. The fronts are about the same as stock Dodge and are cast units. So far they have worked out just fine. If anything breaks it will be the axle!

Haulin_in_Dixie
11-14-2002, 04:08 AM
And mounted on the truck...

11-14-2002, 06:09 AM
You don't get a rough ride running a cab/chassic with no trailer hooked to truck?<br><br>When I when on that 76 miles to get my flat put on it was rough flet like the back tires came off the ground on every bump

11-14-2002, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the pics Hualin

Haulin_in_Dixie
11-15-2002, 12:53 AM
<br>You don't get a rough ride running a cab/chassic with no trailer hooked to truck?<br><br>When I when on that 76 miles to get my flat put on it was rough flet like the back tires came off the ground on every bump<br><br><br>Did I say that ? [eyecrazy] I have a couple of pieces of equipment to make it ride better, especially at 45. The main one is an athletic supporter ;D The only time the ride is severe is at 45 and that depends on the temperature probably of the tires, most of the time rough, sometimes smooth. The current configuration is temporary. It will get tool boxes, fuel tanks, quarter fenders, have them, stainless, and new flap brackets. It also gets a five and 1/2 foot stretch soon, maybe with air suspension. I am keeping the option open to go to a heavier rear axle with 19.5 wheels, probably Ford and adaptors for the front again. I also have a fontain full fifth wheel for it but will wait for the stretch before mounting it. I have a KW 36 inch sleeper for it after the stretch. The sleeper needs 8 inches removed from the bottom to fit nicely. The reason for no body is to capture the federal length laws especially in Tennessee and Flordia. With a body you are religated to the state laws. See, I am 68 feet loaded now, illegal in Tennessee with a body. The truck is registered as a &quot;tractor&quot; just like a big truck and the trailer is 102&quot; wide.