PDA

View Full Version : Considering BD Short Shifter any Recs.?

BADodge2003
12-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Been thinking about the BD short shifter kit from Genos toy store. Is there anyone using this product currently? If so How is the feel, and has it improved acceleration? Any noticable differences when pulling a load? Any changes in fuel mileage? How was the install? Sorry for all the questions, just want to gather some intel :)

Thanx
NHB

Mexstan
12-07-2003, 04:42 PM
I have been using it for some time now. No problems and I like it. Did not buy it from Genos. It does absolutely nothing for fuel consumption, acceleration etc. It is only designed to decrease the amount of travel on the gear shift. The installation is easy but the intallation instruction with my kit was a bit sparse. Be VERY careful with cleaning and even roughing up all faying surfaces and use a good quality gasket maker or you will end up with an oil leak.

CTDinMT
12-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Hey, whats the dif between my '03 nv4500 and previous years nv4500's. Reason I ask is Geno's has the BD for up to '02 nv4500 but nothing for '03. I was thinking about getting it and seeing if it would work on my tranny, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't work. :- -Steve