PDA

View Full Version : Claremont Turbo Diesel Roundup - June 20th through 22nd

Dieseldude4x4
02-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Looks like there is a 99.9% chance the Claremont Volunteer Fire Department is going to host the first (hopefully annual) Diesel Truck Roundup right here in my home town sponsored by Virginia DTR Chapter #7 president, ME (with support from others). Well, the hall is actually in Spring Grove but it is still called CVFD. I also have a back up to that location if this falls through. We will be asked to make a small donation to the CVFD and there will be several items there that you can buy raffle tickets on as well as door prizes and such. I can't release details till I clear it through Jack and the suppliers first. There are also some rules we must abide by since this is a working fire station and you will be asked to sign a waiver releasing CVFD from liability of injury or personal property damage while on the property.

Anyway, the first day to start showing up will be June 20th which is a Friday. I expect the busiest day will be Saturday and a part of Sunday morning. Looks like there will be a dyno there and I have an agenda of events that are in no real order at this time. If you would like a copy of the agenda, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I need to get Jack to look at it to make sure there are no conflicts and then I will send it to all parties interested.

While this is primarily a Dodge / Cummins thing, all diesel powered pickups are welcome. If you have someone that is driving the OTHER brands, by all means welcome them along. I have invited the local Dodge dealer and am trying to rope in a Ford and Chevy dealer also.

Several people have also expressed and interest in getting other machines on the dyno such as drag strip cars, Vettes, Camaros and others. David said as long as they are willing to pay the fee, most anything will fit on the dyno. I know one fellow at work that has a strip 440 Duster he wants to have there so this could get interesting.

CTD/359 has researched and found a list of hotels in the immediate area or as immediate as it gets here in Claremont. Most of them are 40 to 60 minutes away. I have asked the CVFD for permission to park campers out back near the woods line. They said it should not be a problem as long as the weather holds. The place is an open field and if it rains, there will be no bottom in it. There is still the option of parking the camper at Chippokes if you like and if nothing else, we will park them on the dead end road behind my place. For those of you that have others that want to tour historic Williamsburg, I have hotels listed for over there too. You have to deal with the Jamestown Ferry to stay over there but there is no fare/fee for the ferry ride.

To keep this post short, if you have any questions such as directions or what we will be doing, send me your e-mail address and I will send you the hotels, directions, and anything else you may need. I am really getting excited about this now that something is happening and look forward to a good time.

Hope to see you there and additional info will follow.

Joel

Dieseldude4x4
02-08-2003, 05:37 PM
NOTICE<br><br>In order to keep this thread from growing to gigantic epic proportions like the last one did and taking up mountains of space, if you have any questions or need specific information, drop me an e-mail at joel.williams@rcn.com. I will answer your mail and if I get enough of any one request, I will post that info for all to see. This post will probably be in effect till June so we need to control the comments and entries.<br><br>I will continue to post updates and information pertaining to the event and if you have useful information, by all means post it. I will be glad to e-mail hotel info to those of you that have not already received it. I believe this is going to be a good round up and I am going to do everything I can to make it worth your trip for sure.<br><br>More to follow. Joel<br>

Dieseldude4x4
02-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Places to stay at other than Williamsburg:
The one in bold is where most coming from the north and west are staying. It is about 40 minutes from where the event will be and easy to find. All kinds of restaurants and even a Hooters nearby.

NEWPORT NEWS/J CLYDE MORRIS
945 J. Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA, 23601 US
757-595-8888

6105 Jefferson Avenue
Newport News, VA, 23605 US
757-825-1422

1330 Thomas Street
Hampton, VA, 23669 US
757-723-2888

3216 Churchland Boulevard
Chesapeake, VA, 23321 US
757-686-8888

2421 Southland Drive
(I-95 &amp; Route 10)
Chester, VA, 23831 US
804-748-0050

PO Box 1748
Rt. 17 &amp; Rt. 360
Tappahannock, VA, 22560 US
804-443-3888

925 London Boulevard
Portsmouth, VA, 23704 US
757-398-0612

100 Red Cedar Ct (Battlefield Blvd Exit 290-B from I-64
Chesapeake, VA, 23320 US
757-547-8880

Places to stay in Williamsburg:

1233 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA, 23185 US
757-253-1087

304 Second Street
Williamsburg, VA, 23185 US
757-229-0500

6488 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA, 23188 US
757-565-0090

Thanks to CTD/359 for the research on the lodging.
Joel

Dieseldude4x4
02-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Got the official letter of rejection from the state park last week.

46mech
02-16-2003, 08:05 PM
So what does this do to the plans as they stand right now?

46mech
02-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Oops! I was supposed to email you with my questions. ;D

Lary Ellis (Top)
02-16-2003, 09:06 PM
I believe the State park had already rejected us, that however should not have any bearing on the other option that Joel has been pursuing.

Dieseldude4x4
02-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Answer to 46's question:

Being the usual &quot;always looks ahead&quot; type of individual I am (I get that from planning nuclear power plant outages), I could tell by the tone of their voices that they (the state park) were going to turn me down so I had already hunted up an alternate location and had it stashed in my pocket. This location, the CVFD, will be a better location anyway. It will be closer to lodging and less hassle, and easier to find too. The people are just good old country folks and I believe they are looking forward to this event. This is a new fire hall and they have not had anything like this yet to get people together and maybe make a buck or two for the department. I had also had a third and fourth location reserved just in case. As you can see, I am very determined to make this event a success.
Looking forward to having a good time.

Dieseldude4x4
02-17-2003, 06:04 AM
UPDATE / QUESTIONS:<br><br>I'm trying to lay out some type of a rough schedule for this event for those of you that may want to perform small tasks on your trucks while at the event. By small tasks I mean oil / fluid changes, gauge installs, and stuff like that. If you plan to do work of this nature while you are here enjoying the fun, please either PM or E-mail me what you would like to do. I want to lay in all the tasks so we are sure to get everyone's work done and have a good time. I will have an air compressor with various impact tools and other items avaialble.<br><br>I am also looking for volunteers to help control parking and stuff like that as well as help out the people that want to do tasks that are maybe not too familiar with the work or how to do it. We can help out those that need it and teach them some things about their trucks.<br><br>We may also have a few small door prizes for several categories like who drove the farthest, cleanest truck, most mods, most stock truck, etc. For those of you interested, there will be several truck accessories there that will be raffled off that are being donated by some of the site sponsors. I believe there will also be a gun or two there for raffle. All proceeds to benefit the CVFD at this time.<br>

Dieseldude4x4
02-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Don't forget, send me your list of tasks soon so we can get schedule built. This thing is still growing. Still need to get a pic or two of the place to post here.

Dieseldude4x4
03-01-2003, 06:13 PM
SWIMMING POOL UPDATE:<br><br>For those of you interested in staying at a place with a pool, here is what I found out while driving around in Chester Saturday. All of these places are 35 to 40 minutes from Spring Grove and are a stones throw from each other. All of them are within a mile or two of I 95 and 295 where you will get off the interstate at. They are right on Rt 10 so there is only one turn to make once you leave Spring Grove to get to the places. There is a Hooters restaurant within a mile of them and there is a movie theater about two miles away. There are also all kinds of other restaurants within five minutes from each one.<br><br>Homewood Suites Hilton<br>Indoor pool<br>1 and 2 bedroom suites with kitchenette<br>Very nice place<br>804-751-0010<br><br>Courtyard Marriot<br>Indoor pool<br>Very nice place<br>804-414-1010<br><br>Amerisuites<br>Outdoor pool<br>OK place<br>804-530-4600<br><br>Hampton Inn<br>Outdoor pool by June<br>Clean place<br>804-768-8888<br><br>Holiday Inn Express<br>No pool but nice place<br>804-751-0123<br><br>The Super 8 Motel is right across the street from Hooters.<br>Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.<br>Joel

Dieseldude4x4
03-05-2003, 07:05 PM
DYNO QUESTION?<br><br>For those of you planning to do the dyno thing, please PM me your name so I can get a list started for David. I want to make sure we will have enough participants for the dyno to make it worth David's time to drive all this way.<br><br>Thanks

dodgeboy59td
03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Is there going to be any truck pulls? Currently building a truck and if its ready would like to bring it down. Wes

Dieseldude4x4
03-10-2003, 07:35 AM
No pull planned for this event due to the real estate we will be using. Plan to have one next year if this years show goes well. I have access to another fire hall that has a pull track.

Dieseldude4x4
03-10-2003, 07:12 PM
I am assembling a dyno run list and a list of tasks that everyone wants to perform. I need to schedule the pad space in case we get a lot of work to do. Don't forget to let me know if you want to get on the Dyno list and / or the task list. Once I get a good number of each, I will post the list in this thread for all to see.<br><br>For those of you that may need additional parts, there is a NAPA here that is open till one PM Saturday afternoon. There are Advances and Auto Zones up the road about 40 minutes if anything else is needed. They are usually open till about 9 on Saturday nights in the summer.<br><br>For those of you that need synthetics, let me know ahead of time and I will have some at the event..<br><br>Getting closer and closer.<br><br>Joel

Dieseldude4x4
03-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Still looking for a list of tasks and dyno participants.<br><br>Joel

RATTLINRAM
03-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Joel,<br> I linked this to the Site Calender also. ;D<br>

Dieseldude4x4
03-23-2003, 10:27 PM
Very well Dennis, the more the better. Thanks.
Top is working on some flyers for us too.
Just FYI, Chapter #7 is currently standing at 20 members with more on the way.

In case you all didn't know, Rattlinram (Dennis) was elected Vice President and Timinva (Tim) was elected Secretary of Virginia Chapter #7 over the week end at our last meeting in Williamsburg. I am really happy to have them and please continue to give them the support and courtesy you have extended me.

For the &quot;officers&quot; of Chapter #7 as well as other members, please pass the word on this event to anyone you know that has a diesel truck. I will be real busy from about the second week in April right up until this event in June and need all the help you can give promoting this event. We normally work a minimum of 72 hours a week which doesn't leave much time for social events so I will need your help over the next month or so to build this thing up and make it a really good time for all.

I have had several people at work ask me about putting their cars up on the dyno and DavidTD said just about anything will fit on the machine. As long as they want to pay the fee, he can run about anything. I have a friend at work that wants to bring his 440 Duster drag car to dyno. That should liven up the event. Can you say &quot;ear plugs&quot;?

Pass the word and make it happen.

Joel

Dieseldude4x4
04-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Dennis (Rattlinram) will be helping me on keeping this event on track since I will be very busy for the next eight weeks. For those of you that want to come around that Friday before, come on down and we'll talk the night before. I will need a break by the time this thing gets here and am looking forward to it for sure. <br>Help us out and invite your friends that have diesel trucks.

Dieseldude4x4
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Getting closer so I thought I would bring this back to the top for a while. I need to know if anyone needs synthetic products for the event and what everyone would like to do at the event for tasks.<br><br>DD4X4

Shovelhead
05-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Joel, I need to change my rear diff fluid.<br>I'll defer to your wisdom as to the choice of product for the refill. ;)<br><br>Ed

05-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Joel has been planning this event since Nov of 2002 only <br><br>51 more days till we roll into Claremont VA

Hired Gun
05-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Joel I tried to pm you, but it wouldnt let me. So here we go. I hstill want to have my pusher pump put on, and Dyno.<br><br>Dyno:<br>Hired Gun<br>Dual Tandem<br>Turbo Cowboy

05-15-2003, 10:16 AM
If I can add right only 36 more days till we pull into Claremont VA. <br><br>the KY chapter is bring 8 trucks<br><br><br>36 more days

Copenhagenjunkie
05-15-2003, 12:27 PM
DD4x4,<br>If I hadn't of moved I was going to be there. Too far to make the drive now. I am sure it will be great!<br>Have Fun Everyone, <br>Karl

Dieseldude4x4
05-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Everything still looks good for now. Can't tell what the weather is going to do though.<br>Thinking about having a parade in to the local pizza shop Friday or Saturday evening. They got the two main ingredients of life there, pizza and beer.<br><br>Comments?<br><br>DD4X4

Lary Ellis (Top)
05-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Everybody loves a parade ;D

Scotty
05-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Parases [hiccup] and pizza [belch] are simple lee great 2 gedder. [stumble]<br>eye lock ferwerd too dis perkin lot thing. [trip] ;D<br><br><br>may bags R packed<br><br> [eyecrazy] [laugh]

tyhoo101
05-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Joel I think you allready know this but I'm planning on puttin my truck on dyno and CH said something about flushin the radiator (Iill do that too) Pretty much anything as far as fluids that need to be changed but don't get done regualarly I'm wantin to do. Thanks so much for hosting this and i can't wait to get there. The milk truck is deffaintly goin to be rollin your way. I think we are leaving Cynthiana, Ky about 5am Friday. See you'll in a couple weeks<br><br>got milk?

dodgeboy59td
05-20-2003, 08:08 PM
If i go i will want to dyno my truck also! Wes

05-22-2003, 10:30 AM
The KY Chapter has reserved 4 rooms here at:<br><br>Amerisuites<br>Outdoor pool<br>OK place<br>804-530-4600<br><br>We will be bring 6 to 7 trucks up and should be arriveing Firday afternoon and leaveing Sunday morning

Scotty
05-23-2003, 10:08 AM
I'm good to go.<br><br> ;D

Shovelhead
05-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Who's staying at the Super 8 Motel at I-95 &amp; rt 10?(besides me that is). ;)<br><br>

Lary Ellis (Top)
05-23-2003, 05:20 PM
<br>Who's staying at the Super 8 Motel at I-95 &amp; rt 10?(besides me that is). ;)<br><br><br><br><br>I have reservations at the Super 8, Packs his bag of practical jokes and starts by putting crazy glue on Ed's motel room door knob ;D

Dieseldude4x4
05-23-2003, 08:03 PM
(adds Prussian Blue to list of things added to Tops list, a little dab will do you)<br><br>Howdy ya'll, the excitement is building. Looks like about a dozen trucks for the dyno atleast plus probably a few non-truck dynos right now. 440 Duster drag car, pretty cool on the dyno.<br><br>(chunks ear plugs over in the trash)

Dodgezilla
05-24-2003, 05:02 AM
I've got reservations at my sister's house in Wakefield, Va. ;D<br>Right down the road.....

05-24-2003, 06:23 AM
27 more days

j-miller
05-24-2003, 04:16 PM
will there be any show-n-shine competion there? 8)

Dieseldude4x4
05-25-2003, 06:55 AM
<br>I've got reservations at my sister's house in Wakefield, Va. ;D<br>Right down the road.....<br><br><br>Coolness, my son lives in Wakefield.<br><br>DD4X4

Scotty
05-25-2003, 09:26 PM
<br>Who's staying at the Super 8 Motel at I-95 &amp; rt 10?(besides me that is). ;)<br><br><br><br><br>I'm staying at the one in Chester...I-95...I think its Exit 64-b<br><br>Is that the same one?<br>I have my prank book with me. ;D :o

Push Rod
05-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Looks like me and my little bag of tricks will be staying home this year. :'( Have fun y'all!<br><br>Rod

Scotty
05-26-2003, 11:19 AM
<br>Looks like me and my little bag of tricks will be staying home this year. :'( Have fun y'all!<br><br>Rod<br><br><br>Lil bags of tricks? Try lil woolen bag named Trixie you sick man. [laugh]<br>you always gotta twist the words around to what you really mean when it comes to Bubbles and Trixie. &gt;:(<br><br><br>BAAaaaaAAaaaAaaaaaaa BAAaaaAaaaAaaaaa

cethane
05-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Anybody attending the roundup have a stock 12cm turbine housing you want to get rid of? if so send pm me (or email me at imulcda@yahoo.com) with the price. thanx ;D

PapaSmurf
05-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Hello Joel<br>We or I hope to get up there either the 17/18 of June to give you a hand with what ever needs to be done. I will be dragging our 5er up so that means a campground, Leigh Ann has all of that figured out already. <br><br>If you want send me a PM and we will go from there. I maybe looking at a dyno run for my truck.<br><br>See Ya<br>Chris

Dieseldude4x4
06-02-2003, 07:39 PM
ITS HERE, ITS HERE.<br>June that is anyway.<br>Won't be very long now.

Lary Ellis (Top)
06-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Won't be long now folks!<br><br> I picked up a few door prizes to give away, somebody may win themselves a door [laugh] Looking forward to this event!

RATTLINRAM
06-02-2003, 08:32 PM
COOL,,,,,,,,
I've been needing a door for the bathroom since the termites ate the last one! Sure gets breezy when the wind comes from the north. ::) Do any of them have the crescent moon window already installed? [laugh] [laugh]

Shovelhead
06-03-2003, 05:35 AM
Hey cool, if I win two of 'em, I'll have 4 REAL doors in my truck. [laugh]

06-03-2003, 08:12 AM
We will be arriveing Firday afternoon, how baout you guys?

Lary Ellis (Top)
06-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Friday Evening here also, I can't wait to wrestle Cattle Hauler to the ground and leave him with an Atomic Wedgie!!! ;D

Shovelhead
06-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Friday afternoon here too (at least that's the plan ;))

DavidTD
06-03-2003, 09:40 AM
If all goes as planned I'll be there sometime Friday afternoon / evening. :D

Scotty
06-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Friday afternoon here too.

I might need to win a door for someone elses motel room door.
Remember what we talked about Top? [laugh]

I guess we can share a cell if it gets crowded afterwards. ;)

Joel, Rod shipped the goodies...they are en route to your PO BOX address.

46mech
06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Gotta go to Yuma from 7-20 June, but am gonna try to work in to be there on Saturday.

Dieseldude4x4
06-03-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm going to take that Friday off and set up everything at the hall. Got to get everything bolted down to the gooseneck trailer and get the dump trailer staged for garbage.<br><br>I'll have an air compressor, generator, big giant electric fan, bottle jacks, ramps, waste oil containers, and whatever else I can find in that junk pile I call a shed out back that we may need. I may move a few tractors up there just in case the kids want a few pics on a tractor. Anyone bringing tools or what do we need to do for that?<br><br>Have not got a reply back from CVFD yet but looks like we will be on the left side of the building as you look at it from the road. That will leave them access from the other side to get fire trucks and stuff in and out. I will try to get a pic of the hall to post if the sun ever comes out again.<br><br>Got several people from here willing to work the raffle ticket stuff. Anyone know where can we get some general tickets for the raffle. Need a folding table too if anyone has one to bring. Need to decide on when to draw tickets and pic a youngster to pull the tickets.<br><br>There's not a lot to eat around here except for the usual fast food stuff in Waverly and a pizza place in Surry. Does anyone plan to bring grills and such or what are we doing for food if anything? Lots of stuff in Chester though.<br><br>Looking forward to this event, I am overdue for a break. 72 to 80 hours the last five weeks, that's enough.<br><br>DD4X4

tyhoo101
06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Well I'm ready. I just spent over a grand on the ol' huney fixin the front end and stuff. also got new tires on her for the trip. front end aligned and everything. new u-joint, upper and lower ball joints. hopefully this gets her by for awhile. casue it's goin to take me awhile to pay for all the work done to her. :'(<br>Can't wait to get there. As it looks right now I'll be eating peanut butter, crackers, and water on the trip. [laugh]<br><br>got milk?

Dieseldude4x4
06-03-2003, 10:42 PM
I'll see if I can get my son to scare up some slabs-o-cow for when you get here to wash down the peanut butter crackers.

butchera
06-04-2003, 07:25 AM
I think I have a half role of tickets around here someplace. Got to find it.<br><br>Also may be able to get a folding table from the office. More on that later.<br><br>Now off to the doc for my semi-annual yelling at (you haven't lost any weight).<br><br>See ya in a couple of weeks.<br><br>

butchera
06-04-2003, 11:05 AM
OK, no problem with one 8 ft folding table.<br><br>Haven't found the tickets yet, I guess they are in that safe place - so safe I can't find them. If I can't find them, I'll swing by office depot and get a role. Can always use the left overs for something else (radio club, shooting club, etc.).<br><br>

Dieseldude4x4
06-04-2003, 06:57 PM
That is great, thanks.

Shovelhead
06-04-2003, 07:23 PM
<br>OK, no problem with one 8 ft folding table.<br><br> Can always use the left overs for something else (radio club, shooting club, etc.).<br><br><br>Now if Butch wins all the door prizes.....I'll demand a re-count. [laugh]

Timinva
06-05-2003, 05:50 AM
Joel, I am going to take half a day off to help on Friday . I can bring a folding table and probably a spare 6-7kw gen as well as a grill and some 50' 10 gauge ext cords anything else you need let me know. Looking forward to that weekend I been real busy also. Tim

PapaSmurf
06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Good Morning fellow RAMMERS ;D<br>I would like to know campground information. We are looking at coming up on either the 18th or 19th and would like to give a hand with all the last minute stuff :) <br>Any local info would be blessing. We have a 33 ft 5er.<br>See Ya<br>Chris

butchera
06-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Got a brand new role of tickets (haven't had a chance to make copies yet). ;D If needed, I can get two 8' folding tables.<br><br>Unless that nasty 4 letter word (work [yuk]) gets in the way, I'm taking that Friday off. I'll be able to help with setup or what ever else. I've had a lot of practice at being the SLJO (shi**y little jobs officer).<br><br>Now all I have to do is figure out how to get there from here. Most of the time its &quot;you can't get there from here&quot;.<br><br>See ya'll in a couple of weeks............<br><br>

Dieseldude4x4
06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Take route 10 west from Suffolk through Smithfield and Surry to Spring Grove. You will be heading towards Richmond. Once in Spring Grove (don't blink or you'll miss it), turn right on 646 between the two little stores and the post office. Stay to the left at the Y and the hall will be about two miles on your left side.<br><br>DD4X4

tyhoo101
06-05-2003, 11:31 PM
<br>I'll see if I can get my son to scare up some slabs-o-cow for when you get here to wash down the peanut butter crackers.<br><br><br>I appreciate it. I need all the help I can get [laugh]. I need new brakes too but the funda are runnin short for them and the trip too so I figure that's what why they made trucks with gears ;D. Joel can't wait to see ya down there. All of us up here and countin the days and gettin our trucks ready. All of us are puttin in cb's to stay in touch durin the trip. See ya friday afternoon.<br><br>got milk?

Dieseldude4x4
06-06-2003, 12:48 AM
TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY FOLKS

Dodgezilla
06-06-2003, 04:51 AM
Woo Hoo !!! :D

Scotty
06-06-2003, 06:44 AM
tick tick tick [eyecrazy]

Hired Gun
06-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I have my pusher kit ready to put on. What else will I need Joel? I have tools, just knowledge of how this instals in the problem. Is there going to be reps selling amsoil there?

tyhoo101
06-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey Joel what all reps are goin to be there. Are there goin to be anyone sellin anything (like I really need to buy anything right now). [laugh] <br><br>got milk?

Dieseldude4x4
06-09-2003, 06:23 AM
No reps except for Wildcat Diesel Performance as of yet. Tried to get an AMSOIL rep there but he already had plans. If you need AMSOIL products, PM me and let me know real soon and I will try to have some there if I can get to the warehouse any time soon.

Dodgezilla
06-10-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm probably gonna have my brother in law there who is an AMSOIL rep when we come on Saturday. I am not sure how long we are going to stay though.

Timinva
06-12-2003, 10:53 AM
192 hours and counting Tim

Dieseldude4x4
06-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Just saw the weather report for this weekend. I hope it is wrong. Calling for rain Friday and Saturday.

06-15-2003, 10:28 AM
<br>Just saw the weather report for this weekend. I hope it is wrong. Calling for rain Friday and Saturday.<br><br><br><br>Boy I hope that is wrong, it has rained here since last of winter.

PapaSmurf
06-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Alrightly then.<br> My son and I will be at the Jamestown Campground, just north of Claremont on Wed. the 18th.<br>My wife will join us later, due to work.<br>Joel<br> Looking forward to helping you with this adventure.<br>I would like to dyno 2 trucks.<br>Take care<br>See Ya<br>Chris

Dieseldude4x4
06-15-2003, 08:05 PM
That one is right across the ferry on the Williamsburg side. The ferry runs all night though every half hour I believe and the campground is less than a mile from the ferry. No charge for the ferry ride and it is about a twenty minute ride if you haven't been on it yet.<br><br>Be good to see you all again. Hope the weather cooperates.

Dieseldude4x4
06-16-2003, 07:03 PM
UPDATE:<br><br>Just met with the CVFD people and everything is arranged. They only asked that we act responsibly and don't tear the place up. This is a new hall and it is real nice. All of our activities will be on the Spring Grove side of the hall and all of the fire equipment will be pointed to get out the other side (Claremont side) of the building. We need to keep all vehicles and people from the Claremont side of the building since this is a working station. One of the members is going to meet me at the hall around lunch time on Friday and open the hall for access. I am going to be setting up Friday morning, staging the GN with what tools I have and the dump trailer for garbage. I may even have a John Deere or two or three there just for display.<br>They asked that we not spill oil on the new concrete surface since it is hard to get up. They have real nice rest room facilities so we need to keep them clean and decent also. They also have a party scheduled Friday night at the river and said we are more than welcome to come to their party if we get tired of smelling diesel fumes. I told them they are more than welcome to the beverages and food at our gathering also.<br>I will be there pretty much all three days but I need some help from members and participants on keeping things fun and safe. Help keep people away from the dyno, help back up trucks to be safe and stuff like that. I want us to have fun but I want to be safe also. I will have several coolers of beverages their and I will need help properly dispensing them also if you know what I mean.<br>I will be looking for a donation jar to benefit the hall for letting us have this event there. Put in what you can whether it's a penny or a dollar or whatever. I want to make this worth their while and maybe this could be an annual event if it is worth their time and effort. They will not be there full time but will be dropping in and out so WE need to take care of the place for them.<br>That's about all I can think of for now. Come on down and lets have fun and be safe and we'll do it again the next time.<br><br>Who all is bringing a grill?<br>DO we need to make a grocery run SAturday?<br><br>See you all real soon.<br><br>PS: JohnP, I was telling Mike (CVFD president) about your truck and he wants to test drive it. I said maybe we can work something out here ya think?<br><br>DD4X4

RATTLINRAM
06-16-2003, 07:31 PM
OK Folks,,,,,,,,, http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif<br> Lets give a BIG round of applause for our Prez,,, ;D way to go Joel. Man this guy is good,,,,,,, not only does he keep the lights and the air conditioners going in our neck of the woods, (without making the animals glow),,,,, he still had time to get this set up!<br>http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/luxhello.gif

Dieseldude4x4
06-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Tweren't nuthin any good dual unit nuclear outage maintenance planner couldn't pull off. Just a little time and a few calls and a few meetings. ;D<br><br>Just remember to give thanks to the people that made this possible, the Claremont Volunteer Fire Department. Show them our appreciation when you see the donation jar and the raffles. I don't want a penny of it but they can use it for sure.<br><br>I'm looking forward to a good time for sure.<br><br>DD4X4<br>(as Push Rod would say, the &quot;OTHER&quot; Joel)

Shovelhead
06-16-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm bringin' a grill. ;)<br>If I can cope with 7-8000 bikers for a weekend, a buncha diesel-sniffin' Ram-Rodders shouldn't be too difficult. [laugh]<br>I'm leavin' around 10:00 on Friday so what does that look like for travel ETA down near the hotel Joel?<br>I wanna have time to help set-up. <br>I'll leave a little earlier if need be. ;)<br><br>Thanks for setting all this up. ;D ;D

Dieseldude4x4
06-16-2003, 08:20 PM
ED, that should put you here around 13:00 hours. That will be cool.<br><br>DD4X4

Shovelhead
06-16-2003, 08:21 PM
<br>ED, that should put you here around 13:00 hours. That will be cool.<br><br>DD4X4<br><br><br>Is that including &quot;Wally-Time&quot;? [laugh]

Dieseldude4x4
06-16-2003, 08:24 PM
No Wally time included. [laugh] [laugh]<br><br>No bat turns either.

Lary Ellis (Top)
06-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Joel,<br> I will roll in as early as possible on Friday, don't know when that will be yet as it depends on other stuff. I got a nice little box with some door prize goodies and will be bringing a sweet little 12 ga to raffle off for the benefit of the CVFD.<br><br> If you can think of anything else you need, let me know, I will try and round it up.

Stamey
06-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Just saw the weather. I sure hope the weatherman ain't lying this time!
As it stands now, cloudy Friday, partly to mostly SUNNY Saturday and Sunday. ;D ;D ;D
If this don't come through we might just have to drive our trucks up to the weatherman's place and smoke him out. [laugh] (I'll shoot the messenger in a second, it makes me feel better ::) )

Joel,
I managed to get off work Friday. What do you need, and when do you need me?

Anybody want to go to the dragstrip Friday night? It starts at 17:00 on Friday if no rain. :)

Chris

Stamey
06-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Another thought to ponder.
What about name tags for everyone. This will help people to recognize and get to know their fellow members.
I suggest a format like this:
DTR handle, with real name under it. Put the name you want to be called by in parenthesis.

Examples:
DieselDude4x4
(Joel)

Stamey
(Chris) Stamey

We could probably get tags for this at an office supply place, I guess.

And don't forget your mosquito repellents/catchers/killers. We don't want no West Nile virus around here.

Chris

Shovelhead
06-17-2003, 05:20 AM
Shovelhead
($^*%@#*)
Might as well use the same name they call me at work....... [laugh]

Dieseldude4x4
06-17-2003, 06:06 AM
<br>Shovelhead<br>($^*%@#*) <br>Might as well use the same name they call me at work....... [laugh]<br><br><br><br>That is excatly what I was thinking Ed, only I can't publish the name they call me on here. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Dieseldude4x4
06-17-2003, 06:07 AM
<br>Just saw the weather. I sure hope the weatherman ain't lying this time! <br>As it stands now, cloudy Friday, partly to mostly SUNNY Saturday and Sunday. ;D ;D ;D<br>If this don't come through we might just have to drive our trucks up to the weatherman's place and smoke him out. [laugh] (I'll shoot the messenger in a second, it makes me feel better ::) )<br><br>Joel,<br>I managed to get off work Friday. What do you need, and when do you need me?<br><br><br>Anybody want to go to the dragstrip Friday night? It starts at 17:00 on Friday if no rain. :)<br><br>Chris<br><br><br>I'll be up at the hall by lunch time so that will be good to meet there.

butchera
06-17-2003, 07:04 AM
If I can get a list of those that we know are comming, I can print up the name tags all nice and pretty (being a computer winnie has it good points).<br><br>If I can get the list by say Thursday noon, I can print them up in color. I'll also have a bunch blanks for the folks that drop in.<br><br>Let me know what you think. Gotta put all this stuff to use some how.<br><br>Also, someone got a copy of the DTR logo in a JPEG? I can put that on the name tag also.<br>

tyhoo101
06-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey Joel if you need any of us from KY to bring anything let us know and we will be more than happy to help out. We have kinda downsized on numbers of people and trucks but we still have several people comin and two trucks. I can't wait to get there. If you want us there at a certain time to help out let us know. Can't wait only 4 more days.<br><br>got milk?

06-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Here is a list of The KY Chapter members coming down:

Ricki Palmer (Cattle Hauler)
Jared Grigson (Hired Gun)
Edwin Taylor (Got Milk?)

2 other guys coming with us that are not DTR members but KYDTR Chapter members

We plan to be there Friday afternoon, we are leaveing Cynthiana KY around 5:00am Friday morning and Joel has made this trip a couple of times and should know about what time we will be arriveing.

PapaSmurf
06-17-2003, 01:39 PM
We hope to be on the road by Noon tomorrow. We are planning on going to Bush gardens on the 19th. I hope to know for sure our plan once my social director ;D :) gets home. <br><br> We will be at the hall by noon on Friday.<br>I will bring a grill, table and a screened room thingy ::). And anything else that I see that we my need when I load up in the morning.<br>See Ya<br>Chris

Dieseldude4x4
06-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Extreme cool. See you Friday.<br><br>DD4X4

Dodgezilla
06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Directions from 295?????

I'll be there sometime Saturday. I'll be in the quiet truck!! ;)

Timinva
06-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Joel, I got a half day off so I can be there about 1300 also. I can bring a grill Sat.and Sun. I plan on driving up all 3 days and plan on bringing a cooler full of beverages. Tim P.S. I will not be in a quiet truck.

Rick D
06-17-2003, 04:24 PM
I did manage to get off for the weekend but probably won't be home in time to get there on fri. night, but i will be there on sat.

Any other first Gens planning on showing up ???

Rick
Suffolk Va.

Stamey
06-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Been pondering things again. ;D<br>Thought about a few more items that you may or may not have already thought of.<br><br>Tarps: To put under trucks so they don't leak on new concrete.<br><br>Stools/benches: To stand on while under hood.<br><br>Feed bags/big pieces of cardboard: creepers, so you don't have to get your back dirty crawling under the truck.<br><br>Pressure washer: to wash concrete if spills, or to wash trucks.<br><br>The things mentioned here can be brought by me, and supplemented by others if they like.<br><br>What about these?<br><br>Stay dry (cat litter), for soaking up oil/antifreeze if there is a spill?<br>Garage Floor cleaner?<br>Soft truck washing brush?<br>Bucket?<br>Carwash soap?<br><br>Will there be a water supply and electricity available in case we want to pressure wash trucks? (I assume a generator for the electricity)<br><br>If there are any mufflerectomies planned, I can bring an air chisel to make part of the job easier.<br><br>Those of you who have them, don't forget your KDP jigs and screws.<br><br>Chris

Shovelhead
06-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Update.......Wifey's havin' a cookout for a relative's b-day this weekend, so my grill has to stay home. ::)

Dieseldude4x4
06-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm planing to have my old wore out air compressor there with a host of variuos size impact tools and such. Tarps would be cool if someone has one or two to bring along. Thought about the kitty litter thing but haven't had time to get any yet with dog problems and all. They have a pressure washer at the hall if we need it for clean up.<br>Need some variuos hand tools preferably from one or two people so everyone gets their tools back. If you think we may need it and got it, bring it along.

06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks Joel for putting this thing together and haven all of us. I know you started planning this at the BMD dyno day back in NOV of 02' and have worked hard to get thing a big event ever since. Wont miss it for nothin'<br><br><br>Thanks JoelThanks Joel

Lary Ellis (Top)
06-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Cattle hauler, you still bringing your cattle trailer so we can rent out bunk space? ;D<br><br> Don't forget to leave the stuff in the bottom, makes a soft and comfy mattress!

RATTLINRAM
06-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Directions from 295?????
I'll be there sometime Saturday. I'll be in the quiet truck!! ;)

Dodgezilla,
Maybe this will help. ;D

RATTLINRAM
06-17-2003, 08:20 PM
The turn from Rt-10 onto 646

RATTLINRAM
06-17-2003, 08:22 PM
A general view of the surrounding area and highways.

06-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Cattle hauler, you still bringing your cattle trailer so we can rent out bunk space? ;D

Don't forget to leave the stuff in the bottom, makes a soft and comfy mattress!

It is about 4&quot; deep of soupy stuff after todays haul [yuk]

I am not even driven my truck down, gettin it ready to trade for a black @-%%) 4 door Chassis Cab 8)
in less I take a load out of Norfork VA back to Lexington KY, but the man was suppose to call me back today about that run and hasn't yet so looks like I am riden down with the Milk Man

tyhoo101
06-17-2003, 11:13 PM
I can bring down a creeper. And I will try to bring down a couple other things. Space is kinda limited though cause i'm also bring 6 wheels and tires with me. I think I might have some car wash stuff around here somewhere. If nothing else we can use dawn or something. I have a generator. If you'll need it let me know. It might be a challenge to wiggle it away from dad though. He's kinda partial to it after payin a couple grand for it (ice storm). Let me know of anything else.<br><br>got milk?

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 05:51 AM
<br>Directions from 295?????<br><br>I'll be there sometime Saturday. I'll be in the quiet truck!! ;)<br><br><br>Take Rt 10 east in CHester through Hopewell towards Surry.<br><br>Instead of taking 613 in Cabin Point, come on down Rt 10 to Spring Grove and look for 646 that turns off to the left between two stores. Take the left and stay to the left at the Y and the hall will be about a mile or so on the left side.<br><br>See you there.<br>DD4X4

RATTLINRAM
06-18-2003, 06:20 AM
I guess I should redo the map then ,,,,,,,,,,, huh?

OK,,,,,,,, I went back and edited the map pictures. ;D

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 06:32 AM
<br>I guess I should redo the map then ,,,,,,,,,,, huh? ???<br><br><br>Yeah, the first map will take them right to the shack and you know that little bear of mine don't like company. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

butchera
06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Here is who I have so far for name tags:

RattlinRam (Dennis Tway)
Cattle Hauler (Ricki Palmer)
Got Milk (Edwin Taylor)
Dieseldude4X4 (Joel Williams)
Butchera (Butch Achterhof)
Hired Gun (Jared Grigson)
Papa Smurf (Chris Dubie)
Mrs. Smurf (Leigh Dubie)
Dodgezilla
TiminVA (Tim Barber)
Rick D (Rick)
Stamey (Chris Stamey)
Shovelhead (Ed Anderson)
Top (Larry Lary Ellis) (only one r) ::) Always one oddball [laugh]
Scotty
DavidTD (David Dunbar)

Some I'm not sure about:
46mech = (Joe Grosky)
J-Miller = (John Miller)
Dodgeboy59TD (Wes)
John_P (John Porterfield)
Banshee (John Porterfield Jr.)

Did I miss anyone????

I'll print these up tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning (yup, have to go in Fri but not for long).

EDITED for info

j-miller
06-18-2003, 07:54 AM
BUTCHERA,NOT SURE IF I CAN MAKE IT DOWN FOR THE EVENT,BUT KNOCK ON WOOD.KEEP A NAME TAG HANDY.GOING TO SEE IF I CAN ROUND UP SOME FOLKS UP HERE IN PA. TO COME ALSO. BY THE WAY ...MY FIRST NAME IS JOHN

Hired Gun
06-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Is there plenty of parking for a photo opp.? [laugh]

butchera
06-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Here is a sample of the name tag.<br><br>Comments/suggestions.<br><br>

Hired Gun
06-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Looks good. This will help put names and faces together. Thanks for the hard work and time you are putting to this.

j-miller
06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
HEAH DIESELDUDE,WHAT DAY IS THE DYNO RUNS GOING TO BE ? AND HOW MUCH ? I WOULDN'T MIND PUTTING MY TRUCK ON THE DYNO EITHER TO SEE WHAT IT DOES,DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY IT FALLS ON.CHANCES ARE IF I COME DOWN ,IT MAY BE SATURDAY WHEN I GET THERE. FUNDS ARE RUNNING LITTLE LOW FOR ME SO IT MAY JUST BE A 1 DAY THING FOR ME.AS LONG AS I HAVE FUN!!

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Maybe Friday evening and definately Saturday.<br><br>I think it is either $65 or $75 for the run.<br><br>DD4X4

j-miller
06-18-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks dd4x4, hopefully nothing changes my plans,i may just come down.

DavidTD
06-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Add Randy Cobb (aka MadOtis) to the list.<br><br>Dyno runs will all be $65 for a minimum of 3 pulls. For those at Muncie, this WILL be different in that we will have more time to spend with each truck. ;D<br><br>Randy Cobb and I will be heading up Friday morning from Atlanta. North on 85 all the way to I-95 then I will follow the directions Joel is sending me. ;)<br><br>Scotty - You better be there dude, we may never get to meet otherwise. 8) <br><br>This looks to be a blast and again Joel, great job. Almost time to kick back and enjoy all of your hard work. [eyecrazy]

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 06:43 PM
David, I sent you a PM with some better directions from I 85.<br><br>For those of you that need to contact me, use one of the methods below.<br><br>Home phone - 757-866-8951<br><br>Mobile - 804-731-4250<br><br>Pager - 1-800-272-5643, dial 3889 after the beep, enter your number after the second beep.<br><br>See you soon.<br><br>DD4X4

Stamey
06-18-2003, 07:07 PM
<br>Here is a sample of the name tag.<br><br>Comments/suggestions.<br><br><br>Are they going to be real tall? In the pics they looked like they'd be about 4&quot; tall. I'm not tryin to pick, but maybe you could make it a little more compact. (note: this could just be my viewpoint and taking what I saw in the picture as literal. Maybe I am incorrect here)<br><br>You might consider printing up 2 or 3 copies for those you know of in case they lose them between Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If you just bring blanks people can write their own in if they lose theirs.<br><br>Chris

Shovelhead
06-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks Butch. Now maybe I'll be able to put faces, names and trucks together (for about 5 minutes anyway) CRS and old age [eyecrazy]

Good idea Chris, I wonder how long they'll last covered in grease &amp; diesel fuel...... [laugh]

butchera
06-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Here is another sample. The ones I'm looking at are 3&quot; x 4&quot; and have a plastic holder that clips to the shirt. There is another style that is a little smaller. I'll look at them when I go get them tomorrow.

Shovelhead
06-18-2003, 07:42 PM
8) look niiiiice 8)<br><br>Shouldn't the Prez's have &quot;scrambled eggs&quot; and stars on it? [laugh]

j-miller
06-18-2003, 07:46 PM
BOY,SO FAR THE WEATHER DON'T LOOK TO PROMISING FOR THE WEEKEND.HOPE THE RAIN STAYS AWAY FOR A LITTLE BIT.

RATTLINRAM
06-18-2003, 07:50 PM
8) look niiiiice 8)

Shouldn't the Prez's have &quot;scrambled eggs&quot; and stars on it? [laugh]

Not if you're gonna hang it on someone who is seeing stars and has &quot;scrambled brains&quot; already! ;D [laugh] Just kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,, [laugh] [laugh]

Oh,,,,,,,,,,, Ed said Prez,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not Vice Prez! ::) [laugh]

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 07:57 PM
No he's not. [eyecrazy] ::) ::) [eyecrazy]<br><br>What did you say my name was again???? [laugh]

butchera
06-18-2003, 07:58 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Take him to breakfast for the scrambled eggs and whoop him upside the head for the stars.

Dennis, your's will have VP on it. ;D

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Just drove past the hall. They got the grass cut and the place looking real nice for us.

RATTLINRAM
06-18-2003, 08:06 PM
They look great Butch,
(Do ya think I could have MVP on it!) ;D [laugh]

Hey David,
Is Randy the only one coming with you? You should get Josiah and the rest of the SETDR crew to come on up too! ;D

Dieseldude4x4
06-18-2003, 08:08 PM
<br><br>Directions from 295?????<br>I'll be there sometime Saturday. I'll be in the quiet truck!! ;)<br><br><br>Dodgezilla,<br>Maybe this will help. ;D<br><br><br>I think Dennis meant to say I 295 in the directions, not I 296. The Che wa wa was probably getting ready to gnaw someones leg off and distracted him I guess.

RATTLINRAM
06-18-2003, 08:32 PM
What? ??? :P Ok,,,, so I was a little distracted. ::)<br> It's right NOW! ;D

Stamey
06-18-2003, 08:50 PM
<br>Here is another sample. The ones I'm looking at are 3&quot; x 4&quot; and have a plastic holder that clips to the shirt. There is another style that is a little smaller. I'll look at them when I go get them tomorrow.<br><br>That one looks real nice. I like the smaller logo. I was kinda thinkin of something a little cheaper, unless you have a use for them after the rally. I was thinking something along the line of sticky tags that you just peel and stick on your shirt. Again, I'm not trying to be critical here, just trying to give an honest opinion. I appreciate your efforts. Thanks.<br>But then again, if we can keep a hold of them after this rally, we could use them at other rallies. ;D<br><br>Chris

John_P
06-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Joel:<br><br>Thanks for all the work you have done organizing this event<br>and to all of those who have helped you! ;)<br><br>I should be there sometime Friday and will help you in any<br>way I can. That &quot;test drive&quot; for your buddy shouldn't be<br>a problem. Johnner will probably get there sometime <br>Saturday. If there is anything you guys need me to<br>specifically bring please let me know. <br><br>Looking forward to seeing everyone!<br><br>---------<br>John_P<br>

redramnc
06-19-2003, 06:33 AM
Add me to the list of attendees and dyno participants. If needed I can drag along a gas-powered air compressor, air hose, a couple of Snap-On air guns, and a new generator (courtesy of December's ice storm) and attendent hoses and cords.<br><br>I had a &quot;helping out a friend&quot; conflict that was going to be interesting but I managed to push it back to next weekend so I could attend. I won't be arriving until mid-morning Saturday (4 hour drive and the wife don't rise and shine as early as I do). I figure the hangovers should be dissapating by that time. [eyecrazy]<br><br>Let me know about the powered equipment so I can get it checked out and loaded. <br><br>See all y'all diesel-sniffing loonies there.

Dieseldude4x4
06-19-2003, 07:03 AM
In the case of tools, more is usually always better. There may be quite a few little projects lined up so far. If you got time, bring it along.<br><br>DD4X4

Jack Thorpe
06-19-2003, 08:05 AM
<br> 8) look niiiiice 8)<br><br>Shouldn't the Prez's have &quot;scrambled eggs&quot; and stars on it? [laugh]<br><br><br>Haven't heard that term in a while. ;D

Hired Gun
06-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Joel, looks like we are going to have a big crowd there. Glad to see this event is having a positive attitude. I grabbed the plastic,<br>and some garbage bags for the cleanup. If you have any barrels, bring them and we will set them up for the trash.

DavidTD
06-19-2003, 09:34 AM
<br>They look great Butch,<br> (Do ya think I could have MVP on it!) ;D [laugh]<br><br>Hey David,<br> Is Randy the only one coming with you? You should get Josiah and the rest of the SETDR crew to come on up too! ;D <br><br><br>So far yes... all that I know of anyway. Josiah and Mike have other commitments and Jeff will be working.<br><br>It looks like I have about 9 hours up and plan to leave early Friday morning. Hope to be there in the afternoon. ;D

butchera
06-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Got 24 name tags just about ready to go.<br><br>Check the names on page 8. Also added MadOtis and Redramnc and his better half.<br><br>Did I miss anybody??????<br><br>

j-miller
06-19-2003, 04:46 PM
as it looks right now for me ,i have to work on friday,so now i won't be able to come on friday .going to leave late friday evening to get there by morning,that is if the rain doesn't shy me away.

Lary Ellis (Top)
06-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Great job Butch! you are really on the ball there!.<br><br> I am bringing 4-6 ton jack stands just In case somebody needs to use them. I am also bringing a complete set of wrenches, metric and USA that I will loan out. They aren't my good ones, just cheapos but they do work.<br><br> I have a double roll of tickets for the Donations/ Door prizes set up. I believe somebody else said they were bringing tickets too for the Shotgun raffle as well. The idea is to solicit donations for the Fire Dept, since they are so kind in letting us use the place.<br><br> Everybody that donates a buck or more to the fire dept gets a ticket and then we will draw all the door prizes from that lot. I am donating the door prizes as a little something for the guys to take home with them. Let me know if anyone has any objections to this idea.<br><br> We will also have the shotgun raffle on a new 12 ga pump 3 in magnum. Proceeds from that will also go to the fire dept. It is our hope to be able to make a nice donation and then I am sure we will be able to do this again next year.<br><br>Everybody drive safe!

06-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Just a few more hours and we will be heading out of KY on our way to Claremont :D

Shovelhead
06-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Drive carefully, see y'all tomorrow. ;D

timdewaltman
06-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey Butch:<br>is it too late for a name tag?<br>put me down.<br>i'll be comming up from NC on sat morning.<br>can't wait to meet everybody.<br>my name is Tim Isaacson.<br>thanks :)

butchera
06-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Made a bunch of blanks for the folks that I missed.<br><br>I'm outta here....back to the house to change and load up.<br><br>See ya'll this afternoon.<br><br>

46mech
06-20-2003, 10:30 AM
This is late, but it is also 46Mech's better half :), Kathy, here....he is planning to be there tomorrow. Just got a call from him as he is on his way back from Yuma from a 2 week det and says he plans on going out there! :)

j-miller
06-20-2003, 06:48 PM
HOWS THE WEATHER DOWN THERE ? BEEN DRIVIN' IN VERY HEAVY RAIN ALL DAY TRYING TO MAKE DELIVERIES BETWEEN D.C. AND PHILLY,WAS NOT TO ENTHUSED ABOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE RAIN AGAIN TO HEAD TO THE MEET,PLUS I HAVE TO PICK UP PARTS FOR MY TRUCK FOR A NOT SO SURE MAJOR REPAIR . SEEMS LIKE THEY ALWAYS SAY &quot;WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS&quot; LITERALLY .HOPE IT'S NICER DOWN THERE AND EVERYONE HAS A GOOD TIME.SORRY I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT, FUNDS WILL BE SHORT FOR THE TRIP NOW,WAS HOPING TOP MEET ALOT OF YOU GUYS,PERHAPS ANOTHER TIME........JOHN :(

RATTLINRAM
06-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Mornin DTR Diesel Heads,
I met with the folks down in Claremont yesterday afternoon and the weather was great. DavidTD and Randy arrived from GA with the dyno and Papa Smurf was installing a new goodie on his rig, with the help of Timinva, while Mrs. Smurf &amp; TeenSmurf supervised. DD4x4 had his son cooking steaks on the grill and Top, Shovelhead, Stamey and Scotty were just being their normal obnoxious selves! [laugh] Butch was handing out the personalized name tags (made everyone look real important,,,, Thanks Butch!). DD4x4 was acting as ringleader and has brought three of his antique tractors down. Cattlehauler, HiredGun and the KY crew pulled in and we couldn't keep track of how many piled out of those two trucks!Cetane and and another fellow whom I can't remember by name have some nice 1st gens down here so come on down RickD.
Still looking for the rest of the NC folks to get here tomarrow. I know I have probably forgotten some folks and I apologize, but I'm at work right now and I'm waiting on 0800 so I can go join the fun again today.
We still have plenty of room for more folks,,,,,,,,, so come on down! ;D

redramnc
06-21-2003, 05:43 AM
I loaded up last night, figured the sky was clear, shouldn't get any more rain. Woke up to the pitter-patter of raindrops on the skylight at midnight :o<br><br>Had to make a mad dash out to the shop to grab some plastic to cover the generator and air compressor in the back ot the truck. One little band of showers and it had to hit here ::)<br><br>I am rolling out to Claremont as soon as I post this. See y'all there.

Dieseldude4x4
06-21-2003, 06:32 AM
For those of you that may need to contact me today, don't use my cell phone since we are in a black hole and cell phones barely work.<br>Use my pager. Dial 1-800-272-5643, you will get a little beep, enter 3889 and you will get another beep, then enter your number and press the pound sign. I will try to get enough phone service to call you back.<br><br>Like Dennis said above, the weather was beautiful at the end of the day and it was a nice cool day for a change. Today promises to be even better so come on down and partake of the fun.<br><br>DD4X4

Stamey
06-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Well my phone seems to work there. I will be leaving here in a minute and will be at the rally in about an hour, so if you need to get in touch with us you can call my cell phone and I'll hand it to Joel if you don't wanna talk to me. [laugh]<br>804-306-1629<br><br>Chris