PDA

View Full Version : Check Valve Problem

blownbanana
12-06-2002, 12:48 PM
DC issued a Rapid Response Transmittal on 11/26/02 calling for dealers to replace possible defective Drainback Check Valves on the transmission coolers of CTD's equipped with the 47RE automaic transmission. Currently, these valves are on national back order.<br>

mike jorna
12-09-2002, 12:21 PM
I was called just last Thursday advising me to get the truck in for replacing the transmission cooler check valve immediately.<br><br>The apparent problem is that DC used a checkvalve having a metal ball that expands too much as the system heats up and eventually blocks the flow of coolant when it binds in its sleeve. <br><br>The best advice is no long trips till the part is replaced.<br><br>My dealer now has the part--was sent exactly the same number of checkvalves as trucks they've delivered. Mine is getting fixed tomorrow

FireNhole
12-09-2002, 01:28 PM
My 03 is going back tonight for recall. BTW this site is awesome!! ;D I found out about the C-valve on here &amp; notified the dealer :P DTR is #1!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D :D TY

mike jorna
12-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Right on--a great site. When the service manager called I said to him &quot;let me guess............&quot; and proceeded to give him the details that I'd heard on this site.<br><br>He was quite amazed asking How'd you know all that?? Love the internet and sites like this one

Moparior
12-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Question, Is this on all 47re equipped trucks? I haven't heard or read about this until now, but I will be giving my dealer a call tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Moparior
12-10-2002, 12:17 PM
Well I called my service dept. this morning and they said they just got the parts in last night and I was on their list to call today. I have an appointment set up for the day after tomorrow. Thanks again for the heads up! This site is great!