PDA

View Full Version : Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

Homestead
06-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey guys!!<br><br> Was talking today to Kevin from Performance Assist here in Calgary. He is going to be having another dyno day in September. There is no date set yet because he wants all of us to set the date. <br> At the last dyno day, Kevin was talking to Andy (Eatbeef) and myself and we were talking about Scotty and Rod and such and he would like to possibly have you guys there. Of course, there are others too, Mark, Tim, Jason 1 &amp; 2, etc.<br>Kevin doesn't know of any &quot;BIG&quot; power 03's running around, Rod's comes to mind. We all know Scotty is mostly stock ;), but Red Deer boy will be there with his new injectors!!!!<br> I had a good chat with him about the problems at the last one and he assured me they are taken care of. He has worked with Mustang to get the dyno all squared away. Test parameters will be set and all trucks run the same test. Can't run the full test, your out of the running for prizes and such. It's a run what ya brung deal.<br> I told him I would put the word out with no promises. He would like to hold the event any Saturday in September. He obviously needs to know ASAP so he can start advertising. I know Wildcat has events coming up in Oct and Nov so maybe this is a stretch. If your not interested in it, say so and I'll pass the word to him to just pick a date and hold the event. There is no cost to us, just another play day and show a bunch of people what's possible with a diesel truck. If I remember correctly, 50 some trucks ran the rollers at the last one with a ton of onlookers to just watch the show. If you want to contact him, it's Kevin at PAAL, 403-279-2807.<br> Just so you all know, I'm not benefitting from this in any way, just helping someone get our sport a little farther out into the public eye.<br><br>Give it some thought and I'll leave it at that.

Push Rod
06-24-2003, 11:38 PM
<br>Kevin doesn't know of any &quot;BIG&quot; power 03's running around, Rod's comes to mind.<br><br> [laugh] Yeesh, I hope I can break 400 by September [laugh]<br><br>Seriously, early October would be cool by me. I wouldn't mind hitting Calgary this time and maybe having less breakage than last time :'(<br><br>Rod

Lil Dog
06-25-2003, 01:14 AM
Hey Homestead, <br><br>How to keep the sport alive..LOL.. I've been in hiding and haven't been able to keep up on this stuff.<br><br>I would be up for that!!! I hope by then to have all the transition to my new pad in place and the ABDTR up a running.<br><br>I am moving to Lacombe here on the weekend and will be out of touch for a week or so till I get Inet... I will check back here.<br><br><br>J-eh

Homestead
06-25-2003, 09:16 PM
So far it's sounding like it will work. We need to pick a date though. Rod, you said early October or did you mean early September? <br>Kevin needs a date that works for us. Any Saturday in September. He will take it from there. I'm taking whatever Saturday off so it doesn't matter to me.<br>I'm thinking we can play for the day on the dyno and head out somewhere that night.<br>Hey Rod, how fast can we change injectors on my truck? ;D

Push Rod
06-25-2003, 10:35 PM
<br>So far it's sounding like it will work. We need to pick a date though. Rod, you said early October or did you mean early September? <br><br><br>No chance of one of the first two weeks in October, huh? That'd be ideal for me.<br><br>Rod

dodgeram
06-26-2003, 02:36 AM
if it happened to be sept 27th I could probably drive out there .......:)<br><br>

Push Rod
06-26-2003, 10:13 AM
I guess September 27th it is then... I can work with that. Dunno what Scotty's doing then. He may still be driving around tornados in the Dakotas [laugh]<br><br>Rod

Eat Beef
06-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Hello all,<br>Sounds interesting. The 27th could work if I can find someone to work for me. The first 2 weekends in October would be better, but, go with the flow. <br>Andy

MDKram
06-26-2003, 03:05 PM
I'll see if I have time ;D. <br><br>Yes, I will be there as I have nothing booked for September yet. I have met a few guys with 03's who have started to bomb. They would be willing to join in the festivities.<br>Marc

Jeff K
06-26-2003, 05:40 PM
I was at the last one. That dyno was way off on the HP #'s but the torque seemed close. My '03 went 200 hp and 525 lb-ft with only the 5&quot; exhaust. I can't wait to see what it will do with the EZ box and now that the dyno has been set up properly! I should have my DD airbox and pusher pump kit on by then also. <br><br>I am hoping Edge has their new Comp box out by then and I will have upgraded to one of those. <br><br>Jeff<br><br>Bomb's Away!

Scotty
06-26-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm ordering the 04' tomorrow. I will either be there with the paltry gutless white truck or the new [censored] [censored] truck.<br><br> ;D

Homestead
06-26-2003, 08:22 PM
I take it the 27th is the day. I will call Kevin friday and give him the news. Do we maybe want to do a mini DTR meet afterwards?

I'm looking forward to seeing Red Deer boy's face when he see's all his old Stampede Dyno Day friends roll in. [laugh]
Wanna bet his truck suddenly breaks!!

Jeff

Scotty
06-26-2003, 09:28 PM
[laugh]

Push Rod
06-26-2003, 10:43 PM
<br>DD airbox<br><br>???<br><br> [laugh]<br><br>Rod

Jeff K
06-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Rod, What is wrong with the DD airbox?

MDKram
06-27-2003, 10:07 AM
It's not a Scotty! [laugh]

Push Rod
06-27-2003, 09:26 PM
[laugh] Mark pretty much nailed it on the head.<br><br>Sorry, I didn't mean to poke fun at your choice of airboxes, and you'll find a pile of threads in the forums here that will be more descriptive than what I am about to write. I don't like open filter elements on a truck as you have 0 directed airflow. You are expecting the turbocharger to pull air for itself, whereas a ram air system will do some or all of the delivery chores for the turbo. Your turbo will run more efficiently, and your EGTs will be lower as the power levels increase. At least on the 03s, the open filters won't be grabbing as much underhood air as they did on the 02 and unders.<br><br>Rod

Homestead
06-28-2003, 10:14 PM
OK Guys, it's a done deal. PAAL is having their dyno day on the 27th of September. Kevin will get me the particulars and I will post them here as they are recieved.

JHansen
06-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Looks like I checked back in here at just the right time. I believe Sept. 27 is even my weekend off......assuming the Cloud isn't totally sacked out by then-and still in my possession-I will be there! I haven't strapped down since the big upgrade last fall-should be a whisker over 400 now-not quite up to Scotty power levels but it'll have to do... :) . Maybe I'll have to do one more injector swap before then-Rodney old buddy, got any of DonM's magic injectors kicking around there? [laugh] Strictly to put on a good show for Scott's old pal from Red Deer you understand.....<br><br>Jason

Scotty
06-29-2003, 11:10 AM
I might get 'my pal and yours' a T-shirt...

I AM FROM DEAD REAR, I MEAN RED DEER

;D

I will be there in a green yugo looking to do a dyno launch thru the shop.

I also got a call from Animal Control, yes about Rod and BaaaAAabs. It appears that there is now off-spring from the happy couple. Stay tuned for the lovely photos.

:)

Swamp_Donkey
07-04-2003, 03:07 PM
There is enough advanced warning that I might be able to make it as well. I'm from BC but I am inviting myself anyways.

Lil Dog
07-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Swampy, you are basically in Alberta anyway.. ::) You would always be welcome.<br><br><br>BTW Whats wrong with RED DEER? Heck I'm only 20K up the road..&gt;LOL... :-*<br><br>J-eh

Push Rod
07-04-2003, 04:31 PM
<br>Maybe I'll have to do one more injector swap before then-Rodney old buddy, got any of DonM's magic injectors kicking around there? [laugh] Strictly to put on a good show for Scott's old pal from Red Deer you understand.....<br><br><br>Good golly. Is it really Jake? I thought maybe you had gotten lost chasing little white spheroids around with a weighted stick.<br><br>I think we could scare up a _mild_ set of injectors for you to play with. [laugh]<br><br>Rod

MDKram
07-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Swamp, come a day early (prior to Sept 27) and we'll try and tune your truck a little. Talk to you later, Marc.

Swamp_Donkey
07-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Marc,<br><br> It is my regular weekend off so this plan just might fall together. I already got the OK ::) to go from Mrs Swamp Donkey so I will contact you for a little tinkerin on the old goat.<br><br> Is the Mustang dyno the one that is fairly easy on a truck or is it the one that powers ya right down and makes your truck cry uncle?????

JHansen
07-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Yeah, Rod old buddy, I still pop in every once in a while-although I keep a lower profile than I used to alright......<br><br>John, from what I saw last time I was at PAAL the Mustang doesn't hit the truck near as hard as Waterous's dyno-that one definitely makes the old girls cry..... I dunno how PAAL has it programmed now though-but I don't think it'll be too bad. In fact I would wager enough HP will overpower the tire-to-roller contact before anything bad could happen.<br><br>Jason<br>

Homestead
07-09-2003, 06:32 PM
PAAL's Mustang dyno is easy on your truck. It doesn't hit hard at all. I've been to 3 of their dyno days and haven't seen a broken truck yet. Some of the bigger power trucks do spin on the rollers though. Just have to tighten the tie downs a little more.

Lil Dog
07-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Mustang Inertia dynos are inherently &quot;easier&quot; on your rig than a load dyno. <br>With the Mustang you are trying to accelerate as hard and fast as possible. The Superflow at Waterous is made to bring you down from full speed to find the load that you can carry on the road. <br><br>Typically guys that can peg the Mustang dyno, melt down on the Superflow.<br><br>The Superflow is a real test of what power you can use on the road, the Mustang is sort of an instantaneous load point finder. If you can sustain your power on the Superflow, you can use it on the highway.<br><br>J-eh

Scotty
07-11-2003, 06:12 PM
<br>Mustang Inertia dynos are inherently &quot;easier&quot; on your rig than a load dyno. <br>With the Mustang you are trying to accelerate as hard and fast as possible. The Superflow at Waterous is made to bring you down from full speed to find the load that you can carry on the road. <br><br>Typically guys that can peg the Mustang dyno, melt down on the Superflow.<br><br>The Superflow is a real test of what power you can use on the road, the Mustang is sort of an instantaneous load point finder. If you can sustain your power on the Superflow, you can use it on the highway.<br><br>J-eh<br><br><br>My lil truck handled the super flow fine. ;D

Homestead
07-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Scotty or Rod<br><br>Are you guys by chance bringing any product? Namely Scotty Air's? I have a guy down here I work with that is very interested in a unit for his 03.<br><br>Jeff

Scotty
07-15-2003, 12:15 AM
<br>Scotty or Rod<br><br>Are you guys by chance bringing any product? Namely Scotty Air's? I have a guy down here I work with that is very interested in a unit for his 03.<br><br>Jeff<br><br><br>I'm sure we can stuff a few things in the trucks.<br>Let us know what else and we will bring it.<br>Fuel systems? and?

Eat Beef
07-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Rod or Scott,<br>You might do well to throw in a couple of SBC's just in case the need arises. I have a &quot;funny&quot; feeling.<br>Andy

Scotty
07-26-2003, 09:23 AM
I'll check with Rod and see what he has in stock for then.<br><br>Are you bringing some steaks?<br><br> ;D

Eat Beef
07-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Everyone I know is hanging on to their cattle; the're going to ride this one out. But if steak is on order I could probably arrange something.<br>Andy

Scotty
07-26-2003, 12:11 PM
<br>Everyone I know is hanging on to their cattle; the're going to ride this one out. But if steak is on order I could probably arrange something.<br>Andy<br><br><br>A BBQ of burgers and steaks would be COooOoOOoooOoOOOOOOooooooL<br><br>I know Ian has a bbq and theres probably a few other local folks that could bring that stuff. I can grab some stuff when I get there.

Eat Beef
07-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Ya, a BBQ sounds like a great idea; after all, it's still September and should be decent weather.<br>Andy

Homestead
07-26-2003, 07:28 PM
PAAL does the burger and dog thing for the dyno day. If you guys are up to a DTR BBQ, I could get into that. We could have a AB/SASK DTR meet at the same time.

Lil Dog
07-27-2003, 01:23 AM
I'd be in for the grillin... So to speak ::)<br><br>It would be good to get an AB/SK meet just for ol times sake..<br>Just name the spot.<br><br>J-eh

P Kennedy
07-27-2003, 10:45 PM
The proposed BBQ would be at PAAL or ??? Need help off most weekends, wife makes home made buns depending on numbers. Have commercial grill to heat corn?? Homestead feed me some info. Dinner would be a family event??? PK

Homestead
07-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey Pat, haven't seen you in awhile. For the most part, all I know is....<br><br>PAAL has the usual burger and dog thing during the dyno day. It usually ends around 4:00pm. Scotty and Andy mentioned doing a BBQ. That's all I know :-[ <br>We will have just about the entire AB/SASK DTR group all in one place, so we can head off somewhere and have a BBQ dinner and some wobbly pops (it will be Saturday night you know).<br>Everyone jump in here and throw some ideas into the pot. We might as well make use of this get together.<br><br>Jeff....

Swamp_Donkey
07-28-2003, 12:10 AM
Steak and wobbly pops.......... sign me up!

I am an Albertan wanna be.......

On edit. What are the stars below my user name for and why do I only have 2?

Scotty
07-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Steaks and the fixin's. Now we gotta find a place.<br><br>hmmmm....who lives in cowtown that we can invade?<br><br>IAN! [laugh] He'd got for it. I'll ask him. His place is not far from PaAL<br><br>His neighbors already hate him anyway. ;D

Lil Dog
07-28-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm sure a DIESEL INVASION at Ians place would make the neighbors a little wrestless [laugh]. He has a park close by too I think so we don't all have to cram into his back yard and sit on the scrap steel...LOL..<br><br>As for the stars Swampy.. Its a count of your posts I think.. The more you yak, the more stars you get ::)<br><br>J-eh

Scotty
07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Spoke to Ian tonite and he said he will be at PAAL and will be glad to have us all over there to BBQ...he even said he will clean out the shop. [laugh] Just so we can mess it up.<br>The park might have too soft of ground for burnouts J. :o<br><br>LOL

Dr. Evil
07-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey Guys .....As you can see, Im new member and so-called newbie on this forum. I currently have a stock 2001 but would like to see the show anyhow.

Scotty
07-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Hey Guys .....As you can see, Im new member and so-called newbie on this forum. I currently have a stock 2001 but would like to see the show anyhow.

Have you met Jason Hanson yet? He lives in Hanna.
If not, go to Hanna Chrysler and ask for Troy in parts [Jason's brother] and he will hook you up. Jason is coming down to Calgary for the show. He checks in on here now and then too.

Dr. Evil
07-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey Scotty, Thanks for the reply.<br><br>Actually, I havent met Jason yet. Im relatively new to Hanna but have likely seen his truck around town.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Shane

Lil Dog
07-29-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey Dr. Evil,<br><br>I'm in and around those parts quite a bit as I live just up Hwy 12 in Lacombe.. I &quot;hang out&quot; at some of the compressor plant sites around town.. We could grab a cup-o-jo sometime...<br><br>Watch out for Hansen..LOL <br><br>J-eh

Dr. Evil
07-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Dog, sounds good. I used to &quot;hang out&quot; the patch myself, although not around Hanna.

Steve034x4
07-30-2003, 01:04 PM
hi Guys
Just came across this thread....home for me is actually Priddis (just S.W. of Calgary near Kaninaskis) and I&#039;m planning on relocating back home in November from Dallas TX. Couple of Q&#039;s for any of the Calgary based folk:
1. any recommendations for dealers for service in Calgary? I picked up my truck through a broker so need to source a good place for warranty work (eg. rattling clutch disk...). Most dealers I&#039;ve found down here in JR land don&#039;t have the heavy equipment (or experience) to handle a 1-ton diesel...no kidding.
2. any recommendations on 4x4 shops that do work on our trucks? (and/or give good discounts on accessories). There will always be some more kit that I want to add...

I haven&#039;t been back home for a few years although I did drop by long enough to buy a Canadian truck and drive it down here...it will be good to be home.

Feel free to PM me as public talk on this might be taboo...

Dr. Evil
08-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey Steve,

We&#039;ll be glad to have ya back in Alberta...You&#039;ll be just in time for winter to set in....you&#039;ll have to be sure and bundle up after living in Dallas.

Sorry I cant really offer you any info. on dealers or shops. The one thing I do know is that parts and goodies are a whole lot cheaper down there due to the poor performance of the Canadian dollar.

Homestead
08-04-2003, 11:03 PM
I&#039;ve never had a problem with getting service done at Cochrane Dodge.

Lil Dog
08-05-2003, 12:17 AM
I have heard alot of good things about Cochrane Dodge, both for service and for sales.. I have yet to find a competent dealer in Calgary. I have had some run ins at both Renfrew and Varsity..

J-eh

Steve034x4
08-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the dealer tips....one last question - anyone know where to buy Delvac 1 (aka Mobil 1 5w40) in the Calgary area? I like the idea of a low pour point come winter months especially if you can&#039;t find a plug in ... and I&#039;d expect to be parking outside as we can&#039;t fit our rig&#039;s in most parking garages (my cap adds another 4 inches). XOM&#039;s web site listed a Husky truck stop, but I&#039;d suspect other places exist.
I was on holidays in Minnesota and picked up a case for about $22/gal which seams to be the going rate .... I can get it on the web, but shipping the stuff doesn&#039;t make sense if I can pick it up locally.
Looking forward to ski season already...it&#039;s 103F down here.
Steve

Dr. Evil
08-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Conventional 15W40 Delvac is available at Walmart (in Edmonton at least) for about $13.00 (4 litres). They also carry the regular full synthetic Mobile 1 5W50 for abound $28 (4 litres). Not sure about the Delvac ! synthetic though.

dodgeram
08-05-2003, 03:34 PM
my mom gets here mobil devlac 5w40 full synthetic from the walmart in flin flon ........if that dinky little one carries it I&#039;m sure the bigger ones in calgary must

most husky truck stops are devlac dealers too I believe ..........

Dr. Evil
08-05-2003, 09:41 PM
I know this is gonna sound crazy...but,

Ive got a line on a sweet truck in the US. Its a grocery getter part time tow rig for an older couple. Its a 2000 SLT with only 30 thou kms with a jake. They are asking a very reasonable price even with the exchange factored in. Is anyone familiar with importing a vehicle from the US???. Is is simply a matter of paying the G.S.T. ?? If any of you guys know Id sure appreciate a response. Thanks a lot.

Scotty
08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
I know this is gonna sound crazy...but,

Ive got a line on a sweet truck in the US. Its a grocery getter part time tow rig for an older couple. Its a 2000 SLT with only 30 thou kms with a jake. They are asking a very reasonable price even with the exchange factored in. Is anyone familiar with importing a vehicle from the US???. Is is simply a matter of paying the G.S.T. ?? If any of you guys know Id sure appreciate a response. Thanks a lot.

You might want to call Canada Customs as they change the regs often.
You might need an import certification from the manufacturer that it complies to Canadian safety and emissions.
There is an excise tax of $100.00 for the AC.
You mentioned KMS on the truck...did you mean miles?
After you get the truck cleared you will get a document [I think its the K-22] to use with your paperwork for registering and of course you will have to get it inspected and present the title to assure the province and country its not a salvage title vehicle.

Dr. Evil
08-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks Scotty....I appreciate the info.

I talked to the owner tonight and I did have a little misinformation on the truck...

It has 36 k miles on it. Of course now he wants more than the original price - so will try to find out what it takes to import a vehicle and decide if its worth it.

Lil Dog
08-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the dealer tips....one last question - anyone know where to buy Delvac 1 (aka Mobil 1 5w40) in the Calgary area? I like the idea of a low pour point come winter months especially if you can&#039;t find a plug in ... and I&#039;d expect to be parking outside as we can&#039;t fit our rig&#039;s in most parking garages (my cap adds another 4 inches). XOM&#039;s web site listed a Husky truck stop, but I&#039;d suspect other places exist.
I was on holidays in Minnesota and picked up a case for about $22/gal which seams to be the going rate .... I can get it on the web, but shipping the stuff doesn&#039;t make sense if I can pick it up locally.
Looking forward to ski season already...it&#039;s 103F down here.
Steve

For winter oil I use Esso oil XD3 0W40. Its a semi synthic blend and goes for just over $3 a litre/quart. I am sorta partial to Esso oil. I have run it in all my trucks since I can remember..

J-eh

Scotty
08-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Mr. Evil I mean Dr. Evil, no rpob and don&#039;t forget you get to pay GST on ANY taxes that are incurred...so you get to pay tax on tax...I really let them know what I think about that everytime. ;D

Lil Dog, you can remember that far back?

Dr. Evil
08-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Its no longer looking like such a good deal. It is a great truck nonetheless. Certainly would be nice if the Canadian dollar was worth the same as Uncle Sams....

Lil Dog
08-07-2003, 11:00 AM

Less and less every day... [eyecrazy]

I think a good bout with dyno day otta fix that..

Scotty
08-07-2003, 12:27 PM

Less and less every day... [eyecrazy]

I think a good bout with dyno day otta fix that..

A Good bout of Dyno Day and Red Deer Boy.

[laugh]

JHansen
08-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Once again I have returned from the land of the missing to jump in on this post...... :) Sorry....been in the middle of a move so I haven&#039;t had Internet access from the 2nd of August until a few days ago-and my access was severely restricted for 3 weeks or so before that.......

Dr. Evil.....you may have seen my truck around Hanna and area. It&#039;s a silver 2500 with a ton of chrome, a big aluminum front bumper (that is now currently yellow with grasshopper guts) and toolboxes out the ying-yang. I&#039;m a contract operator for CNRL out near Michichi. If you&#039;ve popped into Hanna Chrysler then you&#039;ve probably met my brother Troy-he&#039;s the parts manager there.....

If you&#039;re looking for Delvac you can pick it up now at any Esso bulk station-a nice side benefit to the ExxonMobil merger in the US. I may switch that way myself-I have been using PetroCanada Duron XL 5W40 but I&#039;m kinda peeved at PC right now as they closed the Drumheller cardlock forcing me back to UFA. On that subject, UFA carries Chevron so for any of you in Alberta looking for Delo there is another source for it.

I&#039;m up for the BBQ afterwards but I&#039;ll probably have to keep my wobblypop intake down seeing as I have a long trip to make back to home. Lemme know closer to the date what I need to bring.....

Scotty-heard a rumor you&#039;re coming through my parts tomorrow? Give me a dingle-I am back to work tomorrow but won&#039;t be too far away from my cell I don&#039;t think.

Not sure how I&#039;m gonna do at the dyno as it looks like I have a slightly leaking rear main judging from the oil track out of the bellhousing. With my brother getting married at the end of August and this move, I&#039;m not sure if I&#039;m gonna have a chance to get things squared up before then. May be a good test of the mighty South Bend to see how well it really does hold! Hasn&#039;t slipped yet......

TTYL
Jason

Lil Dog
08-18-2003, 11:52 AM
You ol dawg.. LOL

I heard about your brothers wedding, steered clear of Hanna for that week.. [laugh]

We&#039;ll have to hook up for a pop one day, I&#039;m a little closer to ya now as I have alot of work for Apache out that way..

See ya on the 27th..

J-eh

Scotty
08-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Jake the car I am supposed to pick up in Hanna is not done yet...so I won&#039;t be up there this week. :&#039;(

Its all good though. ;D When it is done I will be there.
I think this car is running 900 HP.

8) :o

I will be in Calgary for the destruction of the rollers day. ;D

Homestead
08-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Just to let you guys know, I stopped into PAAL this afternoon, Everything is still a big GO!! Kevin wasn&#039;t around, but the girls on the desk said they are getting a lot of interest about the 27th.

Dr. Evil
08-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey Jason,

Grasshopper guts in Hanna - really???? ;D

Don&#039;t think Ive seen your truck around. I guess I will run across you sometime soon - its not like there is any place to hide in Hanna. Mine&#039;s a white 2500 QC SB with a hard tonneau and grey/purple graphics on the side. I&#039;ll definitely try to make it out for the dyno run - should be interesting but will probably end up costing me $$ since my truck is currently bone stock. Thanx for the Delvac tip....will have to probably get it in Drum - Esso bulk stn. is closed down here. I have heard good things about the Duron but havent used it myself - I usually get Rotella or Delo here in town.

Lil Dog - are you an Instrument Tech or Electrician?...just curious.

Lil Dog
08-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Doc.

Well neither really... 8)

Mechanical Engineering Tech... Our company does Engine/Compressor performance, troubleshooting and vibration work..

J-eh

DRD
08-30-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey, LIL DOG, just curious as to which company you work for? I spend a little time around compressors too, might have run across ya before.

Lil Dog
09-02-2003, 02:11 PM
DRD,

I PM&#039;d you some of the particulars..

J-eh

Scotty
09-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Sheep Boy and I have our rooms booked at the Glenless...I mean Glenmore Inn. We&#039;ll be there Friday early evening.

;D

Might do a lil surgery on the new truck at Ians b4 the dyno runs. ;D 8)

dodgeram
09-06-2003, 01:10 AM
some questions from the uniformed here ............

what&#039;s the address to paal and what&#039;s the full name of the place

and anybody have an adress to an easy to find hotel close by

I&#039;ve only ever stopped in calgary once , usually going through on the way to vancouver, so I don&#039;t know my way around and will be using a map ..........

Scotty
09-06-2003, 11:16 AM
The Glenmore Inn is close to Performance Assist and to Ians place. Its real easy to get to. let us know when you plan on coming into Calgary and we can get you there. I&#039;ll PM my cell #.
Dunno the address for PAAL though. Someone here will know

www.glenmoreinn.com

Scotty

some questions from the uniformed here ............

what&#039;s the address to paal and what&#039;s the full name of the place

and anybody have an adress to an easy to find hotel close by

I&#039;ve only ever stopped in calgary once , usually going through on the way to vancouver, so I don&#039;t know my way around and will be using a map ..........

Homestead
09-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Performance Assist is at....

8223-31st Street S.E.
Calgary

(403) 279 2807

It&#039;s easy to find. If your are familiar with Calgary at all, When travelling south on Glenmore Trail heading towards Barlow Trail. Glenmore Trail is split down the center with a Dairy Queen, Esso station and a strip mall between the north and south bound lanes. If you stand at the Esso station pumps and look east, you look right at PAAL. On the corner of 31st and Glenmore is a Frieghtliner or Peterbilt dealer as well as Harrington Diesel.

Glenmore Inn is on the corner of Glenmore Trail and Ogden Road, about two blocks north of PAAL. If you look at the map on the link for Glenmore Inn that Scotty provided, PAAL is basically in the same position as the Glenmore Inn icon.

Guys coming down from E-Town and such, stay on #2 which becomes Deerfoot Trail, take the Glenmore exit and you are about 5 minutes away from PAAL.

Not sure of any other hotels close by, Only one that comes to mind is The Blackfoot Inn. It is about a 15 minute drive or so from PAAL. Here is the link...
http://www.blackfootinn.com/

Hope it helps!!!

Lil Dog
09-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Me thinks Homesteads had too much diesel..

Time to reset the compass in that truck buddy..LOL. [laugh]..

Glenmore trail is East/West in direction and the strip mall he talks is between the east and west bound lanes. ( Barlow is a south/north bound truck route.) PAAL is about 1/2 block north off of the west bound lanes of Glenmore at 31st street.

The glenmore inn is about 2-3 blocks to the WEST of PAAL and has plenty of rooms. I would have to search the South East directory of Calgary to see what other accomodations are available.

If you guys need some direction, try going to maptuit.com and use their map showcase area. It will give you directions down to the halfblock to get there from wherever you are.

http://showcase.maptuit.com/

J-eh

dodgeram
09-08-2003, 08:12 PM
thanks for the directions ........did some research I think I got it :)

only problem now is I might not be able to make it anyways

we had an accident on the experimental sheep farm .........seems the attempt to crossbreed the penguins with the sheep was successful , but the little buggers excaped and now there&#039;s wooly peguines running around and people are starting to ask questions, they think I&#039;m some kind of weirdo now :P

no seriously thanks for the help ..........looks like my grandma&#039;s got to go in for a minor operation, or procedure as the doctor calls it ......

anyways she won&#039;t be home for a few days and my grandpa&#039;s been hit pretty hard by altimers (can&#039;t spell) in the last year and I was volenteered to stay with him since I&#039;ll be around home then ............got to love it when your mother plans your holidays for ya ::)

so have fun, would have been nice to meet some of you guys.

oh yeah take many pictures for me to see :)

a burnout video would be so cool too ......... I know of a particular black dually that would look good doing it .........that is if it&#039;s up to the job (clutch smoke doesn&#039;t count) ;)

Homestead
09-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Compass? ::)

Lil Dog
09-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Dodgeram,

Thats too bad you can&#039;t make it, but family first!!

I hope all goes well with the family, prayers and thoughts.

J-eh

dodgeram
09-09-2003, 12:32 PM
of course family first.......I got no problems stayimg with gramps, makes for a good visit ...........just kinda wish her appointment would have been wed-thurs instead of thurs-friday ..........

thanks for the prayers ...........she&#039;s gonna be okay she&#039;s just flying out to winnipeg for an MRI (I think that&#039;s what it&#039;s called). she had an operation on her kidneys back in march it&#039;s just time for her 6 month check up to make sure everything&#039;s still working right :)

Lil Dog
09-09-2003, 12:50 PM
I&#039;ll be sure to take my camera to the event and try to post some pics here for ya. ;)

J-eh

Push Rod
09-13-2003, 10:24 PM
that is if it&#039;s up to the job (clutch smoke doesn&#039;t count) ;)

::) This time that particular black dually won&#039;t be hooked to a loaded 24 foot enclosed trailer. [laugh]

Rod

Scotty
09-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Now I know why the landing gear was ground off too. ::)

:P

A clutch will slip if your trailer is dragging... [laugh]

that is if it&#039;s up to the job (clutch smoke doesn&#039;t count) ;)

::) This time that particular black dually won&#039;t be hooked to a loaded 24 foot enclosed trailer. [laugh]

Rod

dodgeram
09-14-2003, 01:39 AM

Rod

yeah yeah yeah ..........you sound like one of them ricer dudes ........

Oh my clutch wouldn&#039;t hook up, I forgot the AC on, I missed a shift , blah, blah, blah ...............

you need one of these ;D http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/ubb/tongue.gif

http://www.caraudioresources.com/uploads/Excuses%20for%20Ricers.jpg

http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/ubb/graemlins/beer.gif cheers .........have fun at the show

Scotty
09-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Rod needs a few other excuses in there like...My intercooler blew up and...I bent all my push rods and...aw shucks, I just cannot put the next one... [laugh]
Its sure funny now though. :-X

Lil Dog
09-18-2003, 10:29 AM
It is funny now, but pushing GW wasn&#039;t...

Maybe this cooler weather will help, oh ya and a different dyno.

Hopin to see all the ABDTR#5 tryouts there...LOL..

J-eh

Scotty
09-18-2003, 10:58 AM
GW is probably not going to make the trip. I have the truck sold and the dealer is desperate for the truck. I might be the counter weight on the front of Rods truck for when he tries sled pulling through the building. 8) [laugh]

It is funny now, but pushing GW wasn&#039;t...

Maybe this cooler weather will help, oh ya and a different dyno.

Hopin to see all the ABDTR#5 tryouts there...LOL..

J-eh

Homestead
09-19-2003, 11:30 PM
If anyone is interested, PAAL finally has their website back up.
There is a map to show you how to get there also. I don&#039;t know my North from West from East from South [eyecrazy]

I could have just said &quot;drive for awhile and turn left at the sign&quot; but NO!!!! that wasn&#039;t good enough!! ;D

Anyways here&#039;s the clicky thing......
http://www.paaldiesel.com/

See ya&#039;ll Saturday!

Lil Dog
09-20-2003, 12:00 AM
;) Thanks buddy!!!!

I&#039;ll be there on Sat for sure..

Looks like Scotty&#039;s new ride may make an appearance.

PSDKlone is now CTDKlone LOL.. Gave up on the Frod and got a real truck...LOL...

J-eh

Eat Beef
09-22-2003, 01:12 AM
What time is the big event starting?

Scotty
09-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Good question.
You still want us to bring an FE clutch along?

Lil Dog
09-22-2003, 12:26 PM
I was wondering what time to get there too... ???

Eatbeef If you still have it, bring that 12cm with you. ;) From what I have found, it will fit.. 8)

J-eh

Homestead
09-22-2003, 06:52 PM
It usually kicks off around 9:00 or so. I&#039;ll be there about 8:00 to give the guys any help needed to finish setting up. There are usually a bunch of trucks already there by then anyways.

Eat Beef
09-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Scott,
Rod and I have been talking and you guys are bringing me a clutch. I believe it&#039;s a 13&quot; con ofe. See you there.

Jason,
I&#039;ll bring that 12 cm housing with the wastegate signal line.

Andy

JHansen
09-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Not sure if I will be there by 9:00-but probably not too far after that-depends on how much I get accomplished this week as far as unit prep.....but I will be there. Kicking around staying down there Saturday night and carousing a little-but I&#039;m thinking I&#039;ll be coming back so I can get in 18 around here on Sunday as the season is winding down and I just bought myself a magical new putter! :P

Look for the big cloud of smoke coming from the east...... ;) and on that note-if anybody from the eastern country is coming and wants to convoy in drop me a line through my profile-I&#039;ll try to remember to check back in here before the weekend!

Jason

Lil Dog
09-23-2003, 11:12 AM
I&#039;m in on the BOMBVoy from the North East. I will be trying to be there early on Sat though.. Just to meet the boys at PAAL before all the hubub.. Also I want to get some flyers up for the Local ABDTR#5 :D

Scotty
09-23-2003, 11:45 AM
I&#039;ll be in Cowtown around 1 or 2 Friday afternoon.
So its not far for me to burn down early to the show on Saturday. ;)

Push Rod
09-24-2003, 10:14 AM
I&#039;ll be burning out of &#039;Toon town early Friday morning, and should be hitting Cowtown by mid afternoon. Look for the trail of fire coming in from the east.

By the way, Jake. Forget about the thunder rods for a weekend and breathe some diesel exhaust. It&#039;ll improve your golf game.

JHansen
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Rod, old buddy, I am just about out of golfing weekends-and I know the Tour is gonna call me up right away to come up and show Tiger how it&#039;s supposed to be done-so you gotta understand I just can&#039;t set them down without a real good reason ;) -but I have cleared my schedule for one whole day to hang with my dieselhead pals. The way things work in the real world, I will now be low man on the dyno totem pole as everyone else in the free world will have found some magic secret to wallop my butt.....but nonetheless I will be there to preach the gospel. 8)

Actually, the Cloud is not feeling 100% at this moment in time-I have diagnosed a ratched steady bearing to begin with-so I am replacing that tomorrow along with all 3 U-joints-hoping that fixes it back up. Also got a ton of routine maintenance scheduled-and maybe even work in time to clean the mud off the driver&#039;s side carpet and the dust off the dash! Hoping nothing goes nuclear on Saturday......

I&#039;ll try to get there as close to 8:00 as I can-but probably gonna be after 9:00 realistically. Look for the guy with the loud-colored PING hat and the cowboy boots! ;D

J

Scotty
09-24-2003, 09:47 PM
LOL...nice outfit ya got.
Are there cleats on the goat roper boots? [laugh]

Rod, old buddy, I am just about out of golfing weekends-and I know the Tour is gonna call me up right away to come up and show Tiger how it&#039;s supposed to be done-so you gotta understand I just can&#039;t set them down without a real good reason ;) -but I have cleared my schedule for one whole day to hang with my dieselhead pals. The way things work in the real world, I will now be low man on the dyno totem pole as everyone else in the free world will have found some magic secret to wallop my butt.....but nonetheless I will be there to preach the gospel. 8)

Actually, the Cloud is not feeling 100% at this moment in time-I have diagnosed a ratched steady bearing to begin with-so I am replacing that tomorrow along with all 3 U-joints-hoping that fixes it back up. Also got a ton of routine maintenance scheduled-and maybe even work in time to clean the mud off the driver&#039;s side carpet and the dust off the dash! Hoping nothing goes nuclear on Saturday......

I&#039;ll try to get there as close to 8:00 as I can-but probably gonna be after 9:00 realistically. Look for the guy with the loud-colored PING hat and the cowboy boots! ;D

J

Scotty
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Burning in from the east here...
Hmmmm...Rod, maybe we should stay away from words like BURN or BREAK or SMASH or SNAP or CRACKLE or POP.

Remember last time in Calgary... [laugh] :&#039;(

I&#039;ll be burning out of &#039;Toon town early Friday morning, and should be hitting Cowtown by mid afternoon. Look for the trail of fire coming in from the east.

By the way, Jake. Forget about the thunder rods for a weekend and breathe some diesel exhaust. It&#039;ll improve your golf game.

Push Rod
09-24-2003, 10:58 PM
BURN or BREAK or SMASH or SNAP or CRACKLE or POP.

:&#039;( Right. Almost forgot about that. No VP44s for this little cowboy.

Rod

Lil Dog
09-25-2003, 10:17 AM
And SQUEEK SQUEEK went he Ford auto all the way home.. In 2nd gear..... :P

J-eh

Push Rod
09-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Argh. It never fails. I had a critter here that I was sure was open, so she was in the feedlot getting fat, and she went and dropped a big, dumb calf last night that still hasn&#039;t had a bite to eat.

So it looks like this little boys trip is sunk this time around. Sorry about that guys, but y&#039;all have a good time.

Andy, Ian will have your clutch. Track down ugly Scotty and he&#039;ll hook you up.

Rod

Dr. Evil
09-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately, I cant make it either......I was really looking forward to meeting some of you guys...maybe next time/year. Sounds like Im gonna miss a blast....

And, No Im not missing dyno day to go to the Hanna Pro Rodeo [laugh]

P Kennedy
09-28-2003, 10:49 AM
Lil Dog did not expect to see you puttsing home that early, tried to call on CB but no answer. Enjoyed most of the Dyno day but my leg was very sore and had other things to do (family). Good to see everybody again and thanks to Kevin (PAAL) for a nice BBQ lunch. PK

Lil Dog
09-29-2003, 12:21 AM
P.Kennedy, I bet I had it turned to PA... ::) I got sick of some &quot;foriegn&quot; truckers in Cowtown yakin and forgot to switch back.. :-[ Plus I was busy suckin back the Java to keep my lids up..

I bugged out early from the event as it really turned STUPID with the smoke shows. Red Deer boy couldn&#039;t be outdone and started running people down in the parking lot trying to do donuts... &gt;:( I wasn&#039;t impressed and let the owner know about it...I hope he got the point. &gt;:(

Good turnout, but alot of guys there with more Green than Grey matter if you catch my drift. You certainly could tell the serious crowd (DTR, ABC) from the others..

A different venue has arisen from this as Spanky knows the owner of Dynomotive. We may get a good deal, even though his list prices for the day are decent. Also the dyno is operated properly and is ACCURATE....

Still a big thanks to Homestead for getting us all together. The stuff we kept busy on was fun, some parking lot BOMBing and general good conversation.

I haven&#039;t had alot of time to get organized, I have a few pics and a few good stories to share.. But that might be a different thread.

Good to see all of you again, and meet some new faces too.

J-eh

P Kennedy
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
I have to agree with Lil Dog the work Homestead did to get it happening is appreciated, for Kevin at PAAL to accommadate the event was was also appreciated. To put people in the back of vehicles being dyno&#039;ed is pending disaster and to allow the patrons to do stupid activities in confined spaces and on public streets will bring negative attention from the constabulary who at present are on our side. If we don&#039;t police ourselves respectably they will make sure they we all resent their presence. Safety-1st, Fun 2nd and Stupidity left at home by those who need it. Congrats Farmboy and Red Deer Boy for your input demonstrating unsafe stupidity. PK

Homestead
09-29-2003, 06:43 PM
The event was OK. I was a little bummed out about the quality of the show especially considering the distances some of our DTR group travelled to get there. I wasn&#039;t expecting what went on.

Seeing Red Deer boy get shut down by a number of trucks was worth it though. Prancing in on his high horse and then spending the rest of the day with his tail between his legs was priceless ;D

As we can all agree on, the numbers being passed out were a little out of line from any real world combinations. With just an EZ and 4&quot; exhaust, I made 357 HP and a 1000 ft/lbs!! [eyecrazy] Something wrong there!

As Lil Dog mentioned above, we were discussing having a playday/test and tune day at Dynomotive. I just happened to stick my nose into his web site and he is shut down until sometime in the spring. The building he was renting was sold and he is not going to look for another place until spring.

All in all, it was good to see everyone again. We are going to have to find a way to get together a little more often than once a year though.

Even had a few guys with diesel trucks ask me today at work where Wildcat Diesel is!!! Good thing the decal was on the rear window!!! You should be hearing from them, Rod.

Jeff

Scotty
09-29-2003, 06:57 PM
I had a good time hooking up with folks.
I too was disappointed with the antics of the few that went way too far for safety and common sense.
I promised that if one of those lacking brain power showered my truck with rocks or hit someone while performing an easy &#039;stand on the brake and the go pedal&#039; display; I would&#039;ve personally removed them from their truck and introduced them to a new YOGA move...several times. ;D

I put 388 HP and 1098 torque down with an EZ on an 04. [eyecrazy] The look on DEAD REAR BOYS face was priceless.
I was informed he was thinking he would be top of the HP comp...not very close though.

Kevin and I had a good chat. It was good to hear that he was aware of bridges to be mended and was looking forward to having feedback and input for another show. He was not sure how this would turn out. Thanks to Kevin and staff for the hospitality and dyno use!

Think Kindersley...LOL
Lets just show up and tear up that town. [laugh]

JHansen
09-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Hmmmm.....donuts in the parking lot eh? Guess I left just about at the right time then-although maybe I should have hung around to put on a good show smacking golf balls at Red Deer Boy, Captain Highmoney and the Farmboy&#039;s trucks with my new driver! :D . It was good to see a few familiar faces and catch up on the BS again after 10 months or so. We&#039;ll have to try to get together again a little quicker than 10 months from now.....

J

Lil Dog
09-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Agreed, 10 months is too long between events. We should start up the way I met Scotty, and thats just for a cup of coffee somewhere close. Alot can be done over coffee, some BS and good company..

We will have to investigate a venue for a &quot;Show&quot; Event with the news of Dynomotive..

I still got a kick out of the snear on Red Deer boy&#039;s face :&#039;( when ol Spanky&#039;s welding wagon pulled down 40 Hp more than he did. Spanky was hangin off the running boards yelling floor it!!! [laugh]

I have some pics to upload, all be it pretty lame ones.. Oh Ya I never recorded the final tally on the Dyno. ::)

Good point by Pat too, and thats during our event at Waterous, we invited the Calgary blue to attend and they did without hesitation. They had as much fun as we did and we both learned something from it. Heck, even one of the Constables put his 6.5 on the dyno.

J-eh

Push Rod
09-30-2003, 11:41 AM
both learned something from it. Heck, even one of the Constables put his 6.5 on the dyno.

[laugh] I remember that. When we made the rule on Sunday that you HAD to perform a burnout with your truck after the dyno run, I was watching him out of my mirror. He didn&#039;t do one, and I made mention of the fact when he pulled in beside me. His response was: &quot;Honest to god, I tried. I tried hard.&quot; [laugh]

Good bunch of guys. He actually gave us a contact of the local drag strip to try and get us to do an event out there. Unfortunately that never did work out. I wonder if Scotty still has his card. Maybe we can set something up out there? Race day?

Rod

Scotty
09-30-2003, 05:25 PM
All one has to do is call the Calgary Police Truck unit and ask for the old guy. [laugh]
At least thats what he said to me.

We even had their police truck on the dyno for pix...and...they shook down Rod as a prank [not that I do that much] and he was nervous. :P [laugh]

JHansen
09-30-2003, 08:12 PM
I would think that PAAL would put up the #&#039;s on their website, won&#039;t they? Who knows I guess?

Talked to a sales rep today whose shop is right across the street from PAAL-he tells me that what we witnessed is common-place for there on Friday afternoons-I guess it just spilled over into Saturday. :o

J

Lil Dog
09-30-2003, 11:28 PM
...Talked to a sales rep today whose shop is right across the street from PAAL-he tells me that what we witnessed is common-place for there on Friday afternoons-I guess it just spilled over into Saturday. :o

J

Now thats scary. :P[eyecrazy]

I reviewed the Dynomania at PDR, we all should have bombvoy&#039;d to the coast for the weekend. I would have liked to see Jason Burton lay down the 753 RWHP on #2 only. :o Plus all the numbers posted for the results seem more reasonable with only a few guys above the 400 mark, not everyone who showed up.. ::)

J-eh

Scotty
10-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Does this look familiar?

Homestead
10-08-2003, 06:38 PM
I think you will get a kick out of this!!

Got off work early and did some running around this afternoon. Just so happens, I stopped at PAAL to pick up a jug of additive and got talking to Kevin about the &quot;dyno&quot; day.

I told him it was OK, and everyone had a pretty good time, but were disappointed with the numbers being out to lunch. As expected, Kevin gave the speech that the numbers are within 2 HP of Davenport Racings dyno (another Mustang). I gave him a few examples of the numbers being out.

We had an stone stock 01 Dodge there (can&#039;t remember his name, sorry. Friend of Andy&#039;s) that did 260 + HP to the wheels meaning he is doing over 300 at the crank. Kevin came back with &quot;If we had taken it down to Davenport, he would have pulled the same number&quot;
I mentioned Tim pounding off 449 with just a Bully Dog box
I brought my truck up with 357HP. I told him to take off the 55-60 HP that the EZ is supposed to give me at the wheels which now puts me theoretically at 300 now. Now factoring in a modest 20% driveline loss, I&#039;m making about 380 HP at the crank with just a 4&quot; exhaust!!!!! Do you see a problem here Kevin?
He stuck to the fact his numbers were right on because they matched another dyno within 2 HP. We went back and forth for about 20 some minutes, I with valid examples of something wrong and all I got was the same answer. I finally told him your dyno is a little loose regardless of the program!!

Then the big clincher came!!! His truck is down at BD-Power getting a transmission put in as well as a set of injectors. I asked him if he dyno&#039;d his truck before he sent it down so we can compare numbers. His D-Max did 651HP on his dyno and 655 on Davenports dyno!!!!! All this with just a box and 4&quot; exhaust!!!! He phoned BD and asked them if they had run his truck yet, 712HP to the wheels. I just laughed my tail off and almost pee&#039;d myself!!!! Point blank told him &quot;NO WAY that is your numbers&quot;
As I was leaving, I asked Kevin &quot;When you ordered your new program from Mustang, did Davenport and BD get in on the deal for a group buy discount?&quot; Never did get an answer!!

Honestly, I have nothing against the guys at PAAL. I more than appreciate what they have done and are doing to make a name for themselves as well as clear up the bad stuff that has gone on there over the years. But I&#039;m thinking someone has to rebuild thier dyno before we can get a reasonably accurate number from it.

Time will tell.

Jeff

P Kennedy
10-09-2003, 01:50 PM
I think that if we were to set a true dyno day on a truck dynomometer ie Cat,Cummins or Detroit we would soon find all the shortcomings and false numbers generated. Based on the previous information there is no need for class 8 trucks going up and down the highway as a Duramax will out work a 13-16L engine with better fuel milage and lower initial costs for equipment. I will also bet on a rolling start hill pull (30mph/10000lbs) that the reported dyno numbers would be somewhat smeared in actual truths of physical capability demonstrated as power to the ground. Oh poop their I go again confusing ficticious fun with real life situations, ego busting should be a crime as reality places bullduram and its distibutors in there correct place. Some of these are better than any fish story,my wife just came in with more meds I&#039;ll just go back and sit in the corner quietly. PK

Lil Dog
10-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Homestead....

Man you are a glutten for punishment...LOL..

Just tell Kevin to take his truck down the street to PIERS&#039; shop and hook it up there. If he puts down more power than Jason Burton with all he&#039;s done, then I will trade my truck in on a GEO METRO and be done with it...

Sheesh... ::)

J-eh

Homestead
10-10-2003, 08:35 PM
HAHAHAHA.....Trust me, I thought about that!!! I have never met Jason or seen his truck in person, but I have heard lot&#039;s about it!!!

Lil Dog
10-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Jason was up at our show last summer. Sweeeet Ride!!
He is the poster child for PDR with all the toys.. In the DTR Video he&#039;s on the dyno with the drape behind him.. Custom cut out tailgate that reads &quot;Dodge Makes It, Cummins Shakes it.&quot; :D

We need to have a coffee BS session soon.. 8)

J-eh

Scotty
10-14-2003, 10:36 AM
You guys could always come to Canadian Western Agribition and see the North American Strongman Challenge I am hosting as well as drink some diesel. ;D

The dates of the comp are Nov 23-25.
The Satruday ...Nov 22 would be good for me.

Just an idea.

Scott-Eh [laugh]

Homestead
10-14-2003, 04:40 PM
That&#039;s Regina isn&#039;t it?

Only a couple few hours away from here, Hmmmmm.............

Scotty
10-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Yes, Regina Sask.
I actually have a few rooms stashed so if someone is coming PM me as its gonna be tough to get rooms with Grey Cup ahead of Agribtion. :o

That&#039;s Regina isn&#039;t it?

Only a couple few hours away from here, Hmmmmm.............

greenworks
10-19-2003, 10:49 AM
I am dodge truck world Cross Over, we just started the first Canadian chapter last week, and one of the guys is a member on this chapter. I have been reading your posts, looks like a good gang. How do you join up? I can smoke my clutch with the best of em. 01 CTD edge race pro box, 4&quot; exhaust, K&amp;N Filter, Badly needs clutch upgrade! Let me know if you want another smoke blower kicking around.

Lil Dog
10-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Hey greenworks

Thatsa me!!! LOL.. I am a member of the DTW chapter of Alberta too...LOL&gt;. ::)

We welcome all soot blowers!! At this point its pretty informal for sign up.. well, you just did... [laugh]

I hope to setup a database for all the names and numbers to keep track of our group for upcoming events.

You might look up Pkennedy in your neighborhood...

Welcome aboard!!!!

BTW talk to Scotty or PushRod at Wildcat Diesel about your clutch.

J-eh

greenworks
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks Lil dog,

I be sure to talk to the wild cat diesel boys, I was just dealing on a southbend clutch at my local BD dealer today.

Eat Beef
10-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Greenworks,
I just did a sbc con ofe in my &#039;97, with the great help and knowledge of a friend. Definitely talk to Rod at Wildcat about your clutch needs. Best source.
Andy

Homestead
10-21-2003, 07:08 PM
You guys think maybe we should do an informal coffee and bull session sometime quick before the snow flies.

Obviously because of travel time, might not be worth it for some of the guys.

Watcha think?

I don&#039;t have a problem with travelling up to Red Deer or somewhere??

Just a thought.

greenworks
10-21-2003, 07:24 PM
I be in to a meeting, I like to see alot of your trucks. :)

Eat Beef
10-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Good idea Jeff. Say, how long are those injectors and clutch going to be &quot; in the making &quot;?
Andy

Homestead
10-21-2003, 09:35 PM
As soon as I can get the photo copier to properly copy our beloved &quot;loonie&quot; ;D

The clutch has to come first obviously, injectors are just a phone call away. I had the truck in for a quick lube and oil about a week ago and the mechanic noticed my clutch slipped a bit while he was out for a spin looking for a vibration, SO......... they put a new clutch in it!!! Never did find the vibration though. Anyways, I&#039;m going to wait now until this one dies, then go for it.

Back to our &quot;meet and gab&quot; Anyone interested in picking a time and place? I think most of the guys are kind of central Alberta, aren&#039;t they?

Jeff

Lil Dog
10-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Well here is a potential date.

The members of Dodge Truck World Alberta Chapter are having a little gathering at the south end of Red Deer on the 22nd of November. The big lots down by Tony Roma&#039;s or any of the other south restaurants were the main idea.

If you don&#039;t mind some dodge Gasser boys in on the festivities we could crash the party with DTR#5. [laugh]

J-eh

Dr. Evil
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Gassers????....that could be trouble.. ;D

greenworks
10-22-2003, 05:44 PM
They seem to be a really good bunch of guys, being I am a member of there Chapter also. I think Lil dog and I are the only smoke blowers, quite a few guys have the hemi, I&#039;m sure a couple diesel&#039;s around this site could roast them for a little crow eating. Joining the two clubs for meets and shows/ dyno runs could save alot of money and resources for both clubs I&#039;m thinking.

Lil Dog
10-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Thats my thoughts GW.. I would like to get more exposure for the DTR#5 group across the province and to spread the word about this great site and group of guys. If you read here about the last event we attended, you will be certain that if the AB DTR #5 group is running it, it won&#039;t be that kind of gong show.

We are a little more mature than that.. ::) And thats the crowd I want to attract. If I can get everyone online, the &quot;soot blowers&quot; might outnumber the Hemi&#039;s anyway.. [eyecrazy]

Maybe just for kicks I&#039;ll bring my 96 2500 CC 4x4 360 Gasser [laugh]

J-eh

greenworks
10-22-2003, 06:13 PM
What do you mean more mature, you got some young hot heads kicking around?

Lil Dog
10-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey I&#039;m all for fun.. Tire smokin, rip roarin and good ol drag racin, (hoping to have a hill climb event)... It was how the event ended (almost fataly) at the shindig in Calgary with guys trying to do smoking donuts in 20&#039; parkinglots while people are scurrying down the fence trying not to get hit by the truck or flying debris. :o Street racing in narrow industrial roads with blind corners...................Need I go on???

If we can keep in line with the local enforcement, keep our events safe, we will be able to do whatever we want in town and probably have more fun doing it. I know its about 9 pages of posts, but read through them. If you look at the lineup photo Scotty posted on page 8 you might see an interesting truck at the show and shine at Waterous. Red and Blue to be exact. ;) They know our group and were more than happy to attend any future event. You need good ali&#039;s sometimes.

The sad part was that most of the &quot;young Hot Heads&quot; at the event appeared to work for the shop. At least this is my observation. Not everyone wants a hotrod dyno machine either. Some of us want to use the 400+ Hp to pull our trailers and not have to have the pyro mounted in front of our nose. ::) Its a different kind of power for most of the guys in our group, but its all a matter of preference right?

J-eh

greenworks
10-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Sounds Good to me, donuts to me always = $$ whether it be parts, Tires or tickets.

Homestead
10-22-2003, 07:59 PM
AAAAAHHHHH MAAAANNNNNN.............

I just mentioned a get together for coffee and now we have to be mature and pass gasses...... [eyecrazy]

I don&#039;t have a problem combining with another Dodge camp. Everyone kind of finds thier own thing anyways. Works for me.

Jeff

Lil Dog
10-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Ya I know you wanted to light em up with that new clutch in there...LOL... Gotta blow that one to get into and SB right??

We will see how it all turns out. If anything just our crowd would be just peachy.. Just keep an eye out for.... Red Deer boy......http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/lynx/grnwacko.gif

Jason

greenworks
10-23-2003, 05:31 PM
this &quot;reddeer boy&quot; everyone refers tomust be a piece of work?

Lil Dog
10-27-2003, 06:23 PM
:-X.....

greenworks
10-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Nuf said ::)

Scotty
10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
GW, by the looks of your sig I may have been the one who pkg&#039;d up that Max Flow fuel system for you... ;D

Took me at least six different set ups before I got this one.

I spent some time with some guys with diesels from Kindersley last wknd. P strokers...good guys and very interested in a get together and showing their hospitality if the opportunity arises.

Time to go back to the shop and work on the [censored].

[laugh] [eyecrazy]

Dr. Evil
10-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Scotty,

Good God Man......ya&#039;ll got a big hole in yer hood [laugh]

CTDKLONE
10-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Just a quick comment on some developments that have happened in the last few days due to the dyno event that started this thread.

First...I was asked to re-dyno my truck as &quot;they&quot; can not get my curve off of the computer, yet, &quot;they&quot; are very aware of my last dyno run number of 449Hp. BTW: Free of charge. ::)

Second...at the snowmobile show this weekend NADP was there showing off the shop truck. I understand that they knew about my truck and how I was stacking a bunch of boxes together to get my numbers ??? ::)...last time I looked it was only one box and an air filter. Wonder how that story started...this little BD rep went wee wee wee....I better not finish that or I might get into trouble.

Lil Dog
10-27-2003, 10:39 PM
I know they were sneering at the Bully stuff, but the announcer just about dropped his mic when you ripped that off... ;D

If they know how these boxes hook up, then you know you can&#039;t stack em without some electronic jumpering. ::)

That was my last visit there.. :P (Hmm, I heard that before?)

The whole bunch are related. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/animals/twister.gif

J-eh

Scotty
10-28-2003, 02:57 AM
Call Ian

;D

Just a quick comment on some developments that have happened in the last few days due to the dyno event that started this thread.

First...I was asked to re-dyno my truck as &quot;they&quot; can not get my curve off of the computer, yet, &quot;they&quot; are very aware of my last dyno run number of 449Hp. BTW: Free of charge. ::)

Second...at the snowmobile show this weekend NADP was there showing off the shop truck. I understand that they knew about my truck and how I was stacking a bunch of boxes together to get my numbers ??? ::)...last time I looked it was only one box and an air filter. Wonder how that story started...this little BD rep went wee wee wee....I better not finish that or I might get into trouble.

Homestead
11-05-2003, 08:58 PM
I know it was brought up earlier, are we having a quick meet in Red Deer on the 22nd? I know it&#039;s in conjunction with the Dodge Truck World guys.

Just curious.

Jeff

Lil Dog
11-06-2003, 12:34 AM
So far I have not persued it too much.. The DTW boys are meeting in Red Deer on the 22nd at 3:00 near Tony Romas in the south.

I had mixed reviews about having a big diesel showdown..LOL.. [eyecrazy]

I was aiming at getting another thread or just emailing the ones I have addresses for..

Anyone interested???

J-eh

Homestead
11-06-2003, 12:42 AM
I&#039;m up for a quick meet at a choke and puke somewhere. It&#039;s been about a year since the E-town shindig.

Let&#039;s go boys!! ;D

Jeff

P Kennedy
11-09-2003, 05:37 AM
If I am in town that weekend can surely rip over to the big lights for some BIG fish stories. PK