PDA

View Full Version : ABC Meet and Greet in Edmonton Nov. 9th

JHansen
10-26-2002, 10:29 AM
The title pretty much says it all I guess.......I figured I should post it over here as there may be a few folks over here that haven't heard about it yet. We're meeting at a fellow ABC member's house first-then off to a local sports bar for dinner, beer and just a little truck talk ::) . PushRod is supposed to be attending as well as his partner the incomparable Scotty-although I'm not sure what his headgasket problem has done to his schedule for sure.....<br><br>If you're interested you can drop me a line at silvercloudram@hotmail.com and I will send you directions to the meet etc......quite possible that a few of us from the south may BOMBvoy up there as well.<br><br>Jason<br>

Scotty
10-27-2002, 09:55 AM
All the surgeries are near completion.<br>I had emergency surgery on my left knee for what I thought was just a kink or a pulled muscle.<br>Already bending and no crutches and ready to get moving. Full weight bearing too.<br><br>I will attend. Everything is rebuilt now. [laugh]<br><br>In a very big way.

JHansen
10-28-2002, 08:18 AM
Wow-I am out of the loop.....I had heard through the grapevine about your truck troubles but didn't know you had physical troubles as well.....good to hear all is corrected. So far I have lined up at least 1 fella from the other side to BOMBvoy with-meeting him at Bowden. Depending on your route and time of travel you're welcome to join the pack! Although I dunno about letting you lead-I doubt like hell the rest of us underpowered souls can keep up to ya...... ;D<br><br>TTYL<br>Jason

Scotty
10-28-2002, 09:36 AM
I'll throw out a chain and help you get there.<br>I think we will have another Ford Powerstroke attend too.<br>This would be a good time to discuss the ABC [Alberta Bombers Association/All Bombers Association] DTR chapters deal.

MDKram
10-28-2002, 02:06 PM
See you on the 9th. I have 5 guys confirmed from the Edmonton area - maybe more.

JHansen
10-28-2002, 05:59 PM
Maybe make it a strap-I don't want the constant jerking of the chain interrupting my nap on the way up 2 :P [eyecrazy] [laugh]......<br><br>I have 17 people in my ABC mailout list now and all have been forwarded directions etc....dunno how many are gonna come for sure but I'm pretty sure about 6 of them....mind you that list includes you, me and Marc! [laugh] Did you want me to stop in Red Deer and see if I could find your snowmobile racing buddy from the Diesel Dyno Stampede? ::)<br><br>Jason<br>

Scotty
10-31-2002, 09:32 AM
<br>See you on the 9th. I have 5 guys confirmed from the Edmonton area - maybe more.<br><br><br>Can I sign my name in Dually font on your lawn? ;D

Scotty
10-31-2002, 09:34 AM
<br>Wow-I am out of the loop.....I had heard through the grapevine about your truck troubles but didn't know you had physical troubles as well.....good to hear all is corrected. So far I have lined up at least 1 fella from the other side to BOMBvoy with-meeting him at Bowden. Depending on your route and time of travel you're welcome to join the pack! Although I dunno about letting you lead-I doubt like hell the rest of us underpowered souls can keep up to ya...... ;D<br><br>TTYL<br>Jason<br><br><br>I will not be running as much power for awhile as I am looking at a few other options and am gonna leave the power down a bit through the winter. HEHEHEHH<br><br>[censored]<br><br>

JHansen
10-31-2002, 01:51 PM
I think you're either sandbagging us a little bit ;D or failing to use the George Foreman Grill correction factor when calculating out your power [eyecrazy] as I'm pretty sure I still can't keep up to you. However, I have my fuel delivery problem solved and I can now use WOT on 5x5 and still keep 5 psi FP-not great but much better than before. So I should be able to stay in the cloud anyways..... ;)<br><br>You still never answered me though if you wanted me to look for your Red Deer sled racing buddy-sure you and him could have lots to discuss! :P<br><br>Jason<br>

Homestead
11-02-2002, 04:32 PM
I'm in for the 9th! ;D<br><br>Hey Jason, you had mentioned something about a &quot;bombvoy&quot; heading north. Any ideas as to where to meet? I'm coming out of Cochrane, leaving Saturday morning. Not sure where everyone else is coming from, thought I'd ask.<br><br>Jeff

JHansen
11-03-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey Jeff-assuming you've been getting my mailouts? :) That's a good thing I think.....! <br><br>I live northeast of Drumheller.....I am meeting at least 1 more fella for sure on the way up at Bowden at the Fas-Gas. I am hooking up with 2 at Olds and working my way up. Tentatively expecting to meet up with him around 9:00 I'm thinking-the sooner we get to Edmonton the sooner the BS session begins. Drop me an email and we'll discuss it a little further!<br><br>Jason<br>

willyslover
11-03-2002, 09:00 AM
ABC member at large droping in here....you guys have fun and sorry I'll not be there this time :'( ...but when I move to northern I DE HO who knows I'll drop in on a meeting a tip one with ya ;D

JHansen
11-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Hello Gary-how are things going in your part of the world? Trust your wife is doing well now after her bout with kidney stones? Looking forward to crossing paths with you one of these days!<br><br>Jason<br>

converteddzlr
11-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Hiya's, would've been nice to be able to drop in and meet some of you and get some opinions face to face but I guess it'll hafta wait cuz I'll be in Kananaskis next weekend. Enjoy your time in Edmonchuk.<br><br>(When I first read this thread I figured that &quot;They can't be talkin' about Edmonton Alberta, must be Edmonton Kentucky!&quot; Just goes to show what little I know! [laugh]

Scotty
11-03-2002, 04:08 PM
I dunno if my buddy will attend...afterall he does have the highest HP RAM out there with RV 275's and an EZ. At least thats what I was told for why he would not go on the dyno.
I believe him. ::)
He' got a Pal that helps him out anyway.

;)

I'll be in on Friday in good ole Edmonchuck...email me a phone number for the contacts there ok? I dunno whassup with my Pdf stuff but it looks like a foreign language to me.

[eyecrazy]

willyslover
11-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Jason..were not done with them yet...she had them blasted with a ultra sound type of machine to break them up on thursday but has not passed them yet....has not been a &quot;fun ordeal&quot; for her...but it should be over sooooooon I hope [undecided]

JHansen
11-03-2002, 05:10 PM
That sucks Gary-hopefully everything will be back to normal ASAP. Imagine she hopes that more than anybody else could.... :(<br><br>You're giving your old pal too much credit there Wee One-IIRC he just had a COMP-no injectors, no tranny mods, not even sure if he had the pump wire hooked up. You are right though-good thing he has such a wonderful Pal to convince him of his wonderfulness!!! I will email you some phone #'s etc.... ASAP-I will be leading the wagon train up from the south and anticipate arrival in the 'Chuk around 11:00......<br><br>converteddzlr....too bad you're going to be out of town. Sounds like there should be quite a few of us on hand this time. There's always a next time however....email me at silvercloudram@hotmail.com if you want me to add your name to my ABC mailing list so we can keep you up to speed about our next gathering.<br><br>Jason<br>

Scotty
11-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Heres a pic of the lil get together...

Scotty
11-11-2002, 09:54 PM
anudder pic eh...

Scotty
11-11-2002, 09:55 PM
more...

Scotty
11-11-2002, 09:57 PM
and a science project pic... ;D<br><br>Notice that we had a PSD owner present...thats Tim...and his PSD to the right.<br><br>There was women present and interested too!!!<br>

Homestead
11-11-2002, 11:14 PM
It was nice to finally put some faces to names. Had a great time, was worth the drive north.

Lil Dog
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
:'( :'( Sorry I missed it.<br><br>Maybe next time guys.. <br><br>Still waiting though.. nail biting time.. Gonna be Dad for the second time any day.. 8)<br><br>J-eh

JHansen
11-12-2002, 07:43 AM
It was a great gathering! Silver Rams were well represented-there were 4 of us out of the group with Bright Silver Metallic and 1 more Driftwood. Goes to show I guess which ones of us have taste and which don't! 8) In fact 3 of the trucks (Alex's, Buzz's and mine) would have been almost indistinguishable from each others brand new sitting on the lot-they've gone down divergent paths since though.<br><br>I should have stayed in Edmonton Saturday night-the drive home was slightly less than fun. Rolled into the yard after 1:00 I guess-made decent time home anyways seeing as it was well after 10:00 when we left the Outback. Still a worthwhile trip-the guys on the north end of the table solved all the world's problems I think-not 100% sure as I didn't get the chance to test them at the end of the day! :D <br><br>Jason<br>

Scotty
11-12-2002, 10:18 AM
<br>It was a great gathering! Silver Rams were well represented-there were 4 of us out of the group with Bright Silver Metallic and 1 more Driftwood. Goes to show I guess which ones of us have taste and which don't! 8) In fact 3 of the trucks (Alex's, Buzz's and mine) would have been almost indistinguishable from each others brand new sitting on the lot-they've gone down divergent paths since though.<br><br>I should have stayed in Edmonton Saturday night-the drive home was slightly less than fun. Rolled into the yard after 1:00 I guess-made decent time home anyways seeing as it was well after 10:00 when we left the Outback. Still a worthwhile trip-the guys on the north end of the table solved all the world's problems I think-not 100% sure as I didn't get the chance to test them at the end of the day! :D <br><br>Jason<br><br><br><br>I noticed all the clone trucks...pity that theres a lack of originality in the oilfields of Alberta eh?<br>I was glad I made it up there and had a few yak sessions with everyone. I think I might be blacklisted from the Super 8 chain of motels now. ::)<br>My parking was unacceptable, my response to them telling me to move after being parked for nearly 5 hours was unacceptable to them and then they unplugged my truck and tied the cord to my mirror. [laugh]<br><br>LOL I am feeling really bad about this... :'(<br><br>heheheheh<br><br>At least the manager liked diesel trucks. :)

JHansen
11-12-2002, 07:36 PM
Clone trucks? That hurts my feelings...... :'( ...just for that I won't share my social commentaries with you at supper next time! [laugh] I have paint plans for mine if I ever win the lottery that'll keep the &quot;clone&quot; comments a long long ways away.......<br><br>Did your truck get unplugged again Sunday morning? See, this is why you need an Espar-not only can they not unplug it, but everyone runs away thinking it's a bomb getting tripped! :o <br><br>I would have thought your camera would have done a better job of picking up my bright yellow PING hat too! :P<br><br>J<br>

Scotty
11-12-2002, 08:23 PM
HAHAHAHAH...the PING pic was all blurred with bright yellow.<br>Not really focused but then again were we? [laugh]<br><br>Jake you always know I enjoy our chats. <br><br>I think the ESPAR is next as I have already found a few places over here that I need it.<br><br>Freezing rain and snow warning on now. :'(

P Kennedy
11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for a very nice day and Mr.Hanson for keeping us informed of the event. Really enjoyed all the tech info as it is cheaper to learn this way instead of paying some dealer to learn about it. We managed to get a little business done as well and shopping = happy wife and smiley kid (bonus) nice to see. Enjoyed going some where without having to pay a fortune for the day, maybe we should do a winter fun day- quads,sleds, open fire steak fry???PK

Scotty
11-13-2002, 06:37 PM
I think a few of us should plan a trip south this year. BOMBvoy a few thousand miles and have some fun!

JHansen
11-14-2002, 06:56 AM
Would love to go south-but can't realistically see it happening. I wanted desperately to head to Scottsdale for 5 days in January or February to hit the links and tour the PING factory-but my financial reality says no......trying to get my fiscal house in order enough to buy a real house. :'( Whaddya gonna do? Could be worse I suppose!<br><br>The outside meet's not such a bad idea Pat-I don't know how many of the guys own outside toys for sure. I know I'm pretty much toast now until next year with Christmas parties, Christmas shopping and extra work days factored in. We'll have to see what the New Year brings I guess-our company is selling off our field so maybe I'll be job-hunting as of Jan. 1-doubtful but still a possibility.<br><br>Jason<br>

P Kennedy
11-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey you and I as well as a few other lucky people live in chinook country and the new year will have some. I try to take advantage of them and thought others might too in an informal play with what you got git together. Nothing like looking strange BBQing on a beautiful -5 day on a snow covered lake or whatever, go for the low expense party a little fuel, a little food and some good old stored up BS. If you need more work let me know. PK

Eat Beef
11-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone,<br>Just came on board and wanted to add that I enjoyed the Edmonton meet and greet. Lots of bs,lots of good info,lots of food,not lots of beer(driving),lots of good folk.Special thanks to Marc for the effort put forth ( pump timing and gsk ).Good pictures Scott. Pat, I'd be interested in same BBQ as you suggested.Let me know.<br>Andy

Lil Dog
11-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Andy.. Welcome Aboard!!!!<br><br>You ol dog.. Hows that SA II fitting in you rig? I bet the new fuel plate made some difference as well LOL..<br><br>J-eh

P Kennedy
11-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Looking forward to another mild winter and maybe with a little prodding we can get these guys out for some burned beef and a smile. Andy got any ideas for a relatively central spot open in the winter and lets try it. Ram Falls??? Buck Lake etc. Know of any good steaks a guy can get. PK

Lil Dog
11-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey boys.. I live in High River but my work has me in Lacombe area pretty much steady.. I would be around the central country next couple of weeks as east as Provost in mid Dec.<br><br>Coffee anyone?<br><br>J-eh

Eat Beef
11-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Jason,<br>Ya, the Scotty II works great and the new #11 with the gsk and advanced timing and the 16cm housing make this truck a rocket! It feels like I'm going to break something, but I know better. I'm up for a coffee sometime ; just have to check my sked.<br>Pat,<br>I'll put some thought into a meet of sorts. Anyone else out there interested chime in.I'll know better after I juggle a few dates. It might not be until the new year sometime or maybe we could slip something in pre- 2003.<br>Later,<br>Andy

Lil Dog
11-30-2002, 12:27 AM
Andy,

Glad to hear you got it all ironed out in the end.. Too bad about the plate put in there at the start, but live and learn I guess..http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif

J-eh

Eat Beef
11-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Jason,<br>You hit it on the nailhead. It does feel good to get it all done and FINISHED. No more bombing.BTW, what are you doing up at this awful hour? At least I have an excuse(I'm at work).<br>How's your 1st gen. running? and any idea when it's &quot; dyno time &quot; again, hopefully with some cooler weather so as to get some realistic readings?<br>Andy<br>

Lil Dog
11-30-2002, 08:23 PM
Its called kids Andy....LOL I don't have alot of time to do this during the day the last week as we just had our second boy on the 18th.. Now just have to get a routine going.

Talked to Scotty about some dyno-time, but I doubt he would be involved. If there is enough local interest, I could go and see Mr. Waterous for a favour ;).

Let me know if you think this is feasible..

lil-dog@shaw.ca

J-eh

Scotty
12-02-2002, 11:08 AM
If Ian has some of my strength equipment done in the near furture I would consider picking it up when you guys are getting together...since I am 500 plus miles away, I'd need to know when and where fairly soon.<br><br>I am working on a social and simple gathering of folks on the May long wknd out here.<br><br> ;D

Cold Diesel
12-30-2002, 01:17 AM
If theres a winter gathering that involves sleds or quads let me know as I'm in ;D