PDA

View Full Version : $700 Billion question

rockcrawler304
10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Please correct me if my numbers are wrong but there are only 6 billion people in the entire world.
I forget who off hand just passed a trillion something bailout for their country or actually a few countries combined. Our 700 billion dollar plan and who knows how much other cash is going to be put into the mix. How can this country and the rest of the world be so screwed up??? They could give every living person in the ENTIRE WORLD a billion dollars and still have cash left over.
Forgive my ignorance but what am I missing here? [dummy]

Colo_River_Ram
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Please correct me if my numbers are wrong but there are only 6 billion people in the entire world.
I forget who off hand just passed a trillion something bailout for their country or actually a few countries combined. Our 700 billion dollar plan and who knows how much other cash is going to be put into the mix. How can this country and the rest of the world be so screwed up??? They could give every living person in the ENTIRE WORLD a billion dollars and still have cash left over.
Forgive my ignorance but what am I missing here? [dummy]

Well your math is off 150 Billion dollars as they took the 700 billion dollar bailout plan and added another 150 billion dollars worth of "Pork" to it to get the 700 billion dollar bailout plan to pass (even though it is still referred to as the 700 billion dollar bailout) So that gives everyone approx 1.41 billion..

Think of the mods you could do with that and the houses you could pay cash for...The surge in the housing market alone would rebuild the nation on a no loose situation as it was paid for in cash therefore they would be no collapse in the future due to unpaid toxic loans..

The only problem I see with the plan is the remaining building contractors now that they have the big bucks, would be building their dream house and not want to work for the public as they are stinking rich..Which would apply to everyone when you think about it, so the farmers would only grow enough food for themselves as they too are stinking rich.. I myself defiantly would only go to the "Patch" to produce enough oil to burn in my truck and gas to heat my house..

So now we have a government subsidized delima as your starving in a cold dark house (as you burned all of that worthless cash trying to stay warm).. What pretell could you do?? Wait I know..We did it in the past and it worked so well...it's called the barter system. It worked great for hundreds of years until the government taxed it to death...

Maybe we have come full circle and need to go back to the basics of barter, I'll bet you a welding job or two that ol "Joe The Plumber" knows how to barter..

10 X[coffee]+[coffee]+[coffee]+[coffee]= 13 Cups Of Coffee...Or is that the "Foundation For Freedom"

P.J
10-19-2008, 08:00 AM
No, the math is still way flawed. My Texas Instruments won't go that high, but 700 billion would only give 700 people one billion, so that is waaaaaay off.

I'm getting $116.00 per person. Or, around $2,500 per American.

But,.......my math could be off too.

Patriot_Auto
10-19-2008, 08:17 AM
$308.33 per person world wide. That not exactly going to solve world problems now is it. You all get a F today for your math skills.

It doesn't matter how much money they could have gave to the people, its not about us. Its about the large banks and the politicians. Its called big government fellas. Our day as citizens with rights is over, unless people get their heads of out their ***' and fight to take it back! There is no benefit in this government for the people any longer. They are just scratching each others backs at this point.

rkelley
10-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Maybe we have come full circle and need to go back to the basics of barter, I'll bet you a welding job or two that ol "Joe The Plumber" knows how to barter..

I am all for a barter system. In fact, a friend of the family tells me our local economy has a thriving barter system. But, I think you still have to file taxes for any services bartered. [yuk]

At any rate, far more people should be self-sufficient - growing vegetables (if possible), mending their own clothes, etc.

rockcrawler304
10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
No, the math is still way flawed. My Texas Instruments won't go that high, but 700 billion would only give 700 people one billion, so that is waaaaaay off.

I'm getting $116.00 per person. Or, around $2,500 per American.

But,.......my math could be off too.

Wow! I feel stupid now [laugh] I will blame it on the few beers I had yesterday. [dummy]

As for the barter system, I love to barter!! I have gotten many good deals that way.

P.J
10-19-2008, 10:00 AM
No less stupid that me, I had it wrong too I guess![duhhh]

I barter too, problem there is that it's hard to reconcile with uncle Sam.........

Colo_River_Ram
10-19-2008, 12:29 PM
$308.33 per person world wide. That not exactly going to solve world problems now is it. You all get a F today for your math skills.

It doesn't matter how much money they could have gave to the people, its not about us. Its about the large banks and the politicians. Its called big government fellas. Our day as citizens with rights is over, unless people get their heads of out their ***' and fight to take it back! There is no benefit in this government for the people any longer. They are just scratching each others backs at this point.

What's even scarier is how poor at math our favorite Uncle is [laugh][laugh]

Is it the government that runs the worlds or the banks? The Federal Reserve is not owned by the Feds.. it is owned by a private bank consortium who are owned by the world bank. Governments are their puppets and we are the slave ants.

No less stupid that me, I had it wrong too I guess![duhhh]

I barter too, problem there is that it's hard to reconcile with uncle Sam.........

Your right it's hard to reconcile what you have no recollection of..