PDA

View Full Version : 6.7L Air Filters

RamrBob
11-11-2007, 09:11 AM
First post as a Newbie so here goes. Mileage is pretty bad especially with price increases for fuel. Pulled air filter out for trial run and mileage got better. Maybe a couple of miles to the gallon. Didn't start the test run on a full tank.

I can't find a 3rd party air filter for the 6.7L yet. Does anyone know of one or have a different solution for this??

Thanks and have been enjoying all the work others have been doing here in the forum already.

Bob[duhhh]

parafirediesel
11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
The air Filter for the 5.9 liter is same size, shape and dimensions, after talking to my service department manager....who recommended a after market filter I went and got a K&N filter from O'Reily's. Just tell them you need a aftermarket drop in for a 06 5.9L....Its a bugger to put in but it does fit...my mileage improved by 1mpg.

RamrBob
11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Great!!! Thanks a lot. Appreciate the info.

Bob

Minwy
11-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Read this and then decide if you want a K&N. http://duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm

ccoop769
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
DO NOT USE K&N. They are the worst filter on market. AFE makes drop ins. Try pro gguard 7. Supposedly best filter out. Or try amsoil nano

NOSTROKER
01-13-2008, 02:22 AM
I have used K&N on every diesel truck that I have ever owned and have NEVER had any trouble of any kind! knock on wood

What's up with everyone downing them? I guess I missed something!

I did have a dumb a** service tech tell me on my 05 that anything other than a drop in filter would kill the warranty. And he was WRONG! After 30-k miles already went threw 3 number 2 injectors and never remove the K&N system and Dodge replaced the injector everytime with no questions!

What about the S&B on an 07 with the 6.7 motor???? any info[coffee]

2007 DODGE 3500 QUAD CAB cab-n-chasis with CM Hauler bed 6.7 with the GREAT 6 speed AUTOMATIC!

NOSTROKER
01-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Read this and then decide if you want a K&N. http://duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm

I knew I missed something! I thought this was a forum for DODGE[dummy], not duragrap[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I read the link you posted and could find anything about DODGE at all on that site. The only thing they talked about was GM and Ford! So what does that have to do with DODGE??????[duhhh]

MikeyB
01-13-2008, 08:09 AM
The article is about air filters. Doesn't matter if it's a GM, Ford or a Dodge.

MikeyB

jgiachino
01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Not a big fan base for K&N here or on TDR....i have no experience with them so i'll stay out of it....

My opinion is use one of the new nanofiber drop in replacements or a foam oiled filter (what i use becasue they're what is used in offroad vehicles, dirtbikes and such that were meant to live in the dust and dirt)...they filter very good and flow very good...