PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 Smarty Pre Order List

Lary Ellis (Top)
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Fellas the new 6.7 Smarty everyone has been waiting for should be ready for release the first week of March. In order to secure one for yourself from the first batch to arrive you should get on the Pre-Order list so you do not miss out.

To get on the list and secure your unit send an email with your contact information on it and you will be added to the list in the order we receive them. Remember, you need be on ONE list only, do not jump around trying to get on other lists in hopes this will get one faster, that will only slow things down.

Send your email to get on the Smarty 6.7 Pre-Order list to freestuff@dieseltruckresource.com
This address is being used ONLY for the Pre-Order list.

Thanks!

purduepurdy
02-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Looks like someone has been busy. I'm sure there are quite a few anxious 6.7 owners out there. Heck I dont have one and still interested.

RiddlerLS1
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Cant wait... however we need some more info. We have never even been given a definite answer on what features the "u.s." version will come with...

I would love to order one, but they need to give us some more info.

Lary Ellis (Top)
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Cant wait... however we need some more info. We have never even been given a definite answer on what features the "u.s." version will come with...

The features I am certain are dependent on the programming of the finalized product, numbers change as they tweak things to perfection. This would be my guess why you won't see anything definite until after the beta testing is done.

Brian08Q35004x4
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Ditto[coffee] More info. The smarty has always been good, but we need more info

chrleb1
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
In the Alpha Testing we are running an EGR off, Open Throttle plate, and DPF delete tune.

13FOX
02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Whats the price?

XLR8R
02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
:cool: We are ready to buy!

... hmm, what to do with the PMT [laugh]

Lary Ellis (Top)
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Whats the price?

They have not officially released pricing but you can rest assured DTR will be selling them for the LOWEST price allowed plus free shipping to the lower 48 states ;)

qualmq
02-14-2009, 07:52 PM
If we get on the pre buy list are we locked into buying it? The reason I ask is, that these days you never know when you might get layed off.

Lary Ellis (Top)
02-14-2009, 09:09 PM
If we get on the pre buy list are we locked into buying it? The reason I ask is, that these days you never know when you might get layed off.

You do not have to pre-order.... I just wanted to be sure that the members that have been waiting so long for one of these will be able to get one right away and not have to wait for the next shipment.

Hayseed
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Smarty for the 6.7 what next a DPF delete? Well isn't that a change. All this after I pawned off my 6.7 due to turbo plugging when it was bone stock!! I still love my 5.9's though, all three of them. And the SMARTY is great on my 06!!

ReCurve
02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
I will be buying one

Cummins610
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Is anyone commenting about the Smarty67 working on a Cab&Chassis truck with the 305HP motor?

jthorpe
03-01-2009, 08:21 AM
The date is coming soon. If you're not on the list make sure you get on there or it might be a while before you can obtain one!

bthanks
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
When are they coming out!?!?!? I sent my email to be on the list =) several weeks back actually lol

Lary Ellis (Top)
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
You will receive an email from me the day they come out, so you can be one of the first to have one ;) They are still testing and tweaking the programming, but we are getting close :)

BroncoHound
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
If we've already emailed Bob directly about getting on the waiting list, should we still email the DTR list as well or are you guys compiling these lists together?

bthanks
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
You will receive an email from me the day they come out, so you can be one of the first to have one ;) They are still testing and tweaking the programming, but we are getting close :)

So its still "Coming Soon" =( ?

Lary Ellis (Top)
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
The list here is the Official list ;)

Lary Ellis (Top)
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
So its still "Coming Soon" =( ?

Yes sir, no date yet but it is in testing phase so anytime now.

bthanks
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
So are you guys still thinking the first week of march? They have 5 days left =)

bthanks
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
4...... :cool:

Lary Ellis (Top)
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Relax guys, it will happen when they are ready and not a moment sooner ;)

They are coming, but Marco will make sure they are RIGHT before he releases them.

ron b
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
All the reports indicate the XRT is doing real well.
Guys are jumping off the Smarty wagon fast.

bthanks
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Relax guys, it will happen when they are ready and not a moment sooner ;)

They are coming, but Marco will make sure they are RIGHT before he releases them.

There is no relaxing!! lol Ron is correct!! Guys are running check engine light free!! With much power! and more to come from h&s! They are going to be letting go a program for 200+ hp! Everyday i see no smarty i read the posts about the xrt and how happy those people are and it saddens me... I want that but i want it in smarty form.... I had smarty on my 07 and it was amazing... thats the only reason i have held on this long.. have u talke to marco latley? whats the newest news? lol

BroncoHound
03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Sitting here, staring at my phone with my credit card in hand. Waiting on the call guys...Lary? Bob? Anyone want my money??? All I ask is a S67 in return...

bthanks
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
time in this "First week of march" is about up... i knew not to get my hopes up... but the week is not over =)

bthanks
03-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Any new news?

BroncoHound
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I posted a question on cumminsforum to Bob Wagner asking if it was days, weeks, or months away. I told him I wasn't asking for a specific release date because I knew he wouldn't give it but just wanted to know how close "close" was. His reply was, and I quote, "its weeks and nothing more"

Lary Ellis (Top)
03-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Hard to nail it down better than that just from what I know about Marco. He strives to release the very best product he can so he doesn't set a release date and then let it go if it isn't perfect. When he gets it fine tuned from all they learn on the alpha and beta test trucks Then and only then will he release it.

This I know from watching him over the years as he comes out with new products. I know it is aggravating for you guys waiting but it sure beats receiving a product that is full of quirks and should never have been released.

jsdavis84
03-07-2009, 12:49 AM
I don't think any of us expect anything less than perfect from those guys, that has not been the subject in question. we are all totally aware that the release date will not be given and understandably so, but i think i speak for everyone, being most of Mads customers, a regular update at this point would be appreciated. We are all going to be spending quite a bit of money on this piece of equipment especially considering the current economic situation around the world.
I continually dig for information weekly so i know there's some kind of updates out there somewhere, the frustration is getting bits of pieces and not the full story. i.e., how many betas are out, is it true they're blowing trannies left and right bc of huge torque numbers, are they detuning to compensate, how long are beta tests expected to run....simple questions really.
Alright guys, that was my rant on the issue, not trying to step on anyone's toes or upset anyone here, just trying to get as much of the story for myself and everyone else as possible.
I'll continue to sit patiently and hopefully someone will humor our aggravations.
[deadhors]

BabyBaur
03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Geez I feel like an idiot got all excited sent the email with no contact info a month ago..UGH Got a powerpup on my truck right now..pumps leaking took it in they're gonna replace it but will they find...or say nething about this programmer? They've seen the delete kits and they were not thrilled...

BroncoHound
03-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Probably best to return the ECM to stock and remove the Power Pup from the vehicle. Once they replace the CP3 they are going to have to plug in the StarScan tool to diagnose everything is within spec and, if you still have a Power Pup tune loaded, they will see it.

BabyBaur
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok good deal thanks..

Bob Wagner
03-10-2009, 10:53 AM
the 6.7l beta software is now on the streets. We want to run it on a few different configurations, So far it is looking awsome. Power starts at 50 hp and is capped at 170 hp on software 9 for now.

More soon

bthanks
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
the 6.7l beta software is now on the streets. We want to run it on a few different configurations, So far it is looking awsome. Power starts at 50 hp and is capped at 170 hp on software 9 for now.

More soon

You said somewhere else that its looking like "weeks nothing more" I believe that was over a week ago. So does that mean we could be a week away?

chiefsmoke
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Just saw a price for the 6.7 Smarty $685 on another site has anyone seen or know when they will be out?

ebinesar
03-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Just saw a price for the 6.7 Smarty $685 on another site has anyone seen or know when they will be out?

First week of April

Scotty
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm one of the testers. I started fairly early in the level of testing and I am focused on providing feedback for the towing and MPG demands. Others are testing performance. My transmission is doing great. Like any performance addition consideration will be needed on some levels. One big thing I noticed was that my mpg in the city even when it was -36C here was up a solid 2 mpg and closing in on 3 mpg improvement. Thats hand calculated. I wasn't expecting that. Theres still some fine tuning and I will be testing the next Beta level when it arrives. I did learn that the 6.7 needs timing addressed more then the 5.9.
I will post more when I do more testing and pestering Bob. [laugh]

Scotty

p.s. I will be testing and logging several thousands of miles starting later this week...towing.

MegaBOMB
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Lary,

I requested to be put on the pre-order list on 2/12 via email, but have yet to receive any type of confirmation, was I suppose too?

Thanks!

bthanks
04-03-2009, 11:23 AM
smarties will be shipping out on 04-14-2009 [guitar]

6.7SMOKER
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
How does the Smarty compare to the Edge juice with attitude?

Lil Dog
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
How does the Smarty compare to the Edge juice with attitude?

How do you compare an ECM uploader to an external monitoring box? Apples-oranges IMHO..

Mike Holmen
04-30-2009, 11:44 PM
But you can still change the nozzles and its undetectable? I thought it was just the injector bodies that are ecm matched to each cylinder hole.
http://www.dynomitediesel.com/uploads/files2/6.7%20Nozzle%20replacement%20instructions.pdf

Just as long as you don't lose an injector you should be ok.