PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest

cbrahs
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Well we are crawling up on that time of year again. We have many sponsors from last year that are already committed for this year.

May 15th, 2010 at Flash Automotive [guitar]

Will post the press release when we have all the sponsors gathered.

D.Beard
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Ill be there ( i hope ) where is flash auto at. any maps

cbrahs
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
we are having a get together BBQ that friday night right next to Flash. Flash is on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte,

I25 north to Paseo Del Norte, Get off freeway and go west on Paseo
Jefferson is the first light, go north, Flash is on the left side just a couple blocks up. Big parking lot next to the building is where we will be gathering. Also there will be room for those who want to drag a RV up to crash in.

cbrahs
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
2009 event we raised a bit over $2200 for the Families of Fallen Soldiers.

www.familiesoffallensoldiers.org has 2009 poster on it

D.Beard
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Ill deff be there, dont have much to give, ( thanks to uncle sam ) but ill deff do what i can......... is there a address so i can map it out... i dont really get out of el paso much except to visit the parents and family back in Va

cbrahs
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
when we get close, i will post a link for the map. I don't have their address with me right now.

D.Beard
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks cbrahs

cbrahs
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Getting closer!

Got a call today from Rods and Rides Magazine, there will be a photographer there and a writer to do up a spread on the event.

Sponsors that are in the bag include

Melloy Dodge
Don Chalmers Ford (bringing their huge grill to burn burgers and dogs)
Galles Chevrolet
HDR Diesel
High Desert Ravelco
Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho
Silly Chili's Ice Cream Co.
Flash Automotive
Rods and Rides Magazine
Lazarsmith
TriState Printing
Genesis Signs
New Mexico Offroad League
Outlaw Desert Racing
Excel Manufacturing (cnc machining the trophies)

Possibly-
FASS (will know on the 15th of this month)
Dallas Cowboys (playing phone tag but last they said, they wanted to help)
Monster Energy Drinks
WECKS Restaurant (killer breakfast burritos!)
and a few others that have not confirmed.

Should be a great year and for a great cause

May15th, Flash Automotive on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte

BIG HP Trucks that are wanting to come include
Dmitre Millard (1100 hp Dmax)
Jim Jones (1100 hp Dmax)

Diesel Power Magazine has been invited

all funds get donated to Military Order of Purple Hearts. These funds help pay travel and lodging expenses for families that have lost a HERO in the current wars to receive their memorial.

we look forward to seeing a great number of trucks this year. BBQ friday night before the event, registration starts at 8am, rollers begin turning at 830 and continue til we are done. $55 to enter, 3 pulls, fun and more fun. Family oriented, no alcohol during event, bring the kids see some smoke, maybe Shawn from Durango will break the straps on the dyno again this year!

1. Dealer Class (brand new trucks off the show room floor for a head to head battle to see who has the biggest sack)
2. BONE STOCK
3. Slightly Modified Class (programmer, nozzles etc, stock turbos)
4. twins and big singles class (NO DRUGS)
5. UNLIMITED (drugs, twins, water meth etc)

still thinking of another class to broaden the spectrum. Trophies will be handed out.

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
I am bummed I will be missing the event Chris. It was a blast last year.

cbrahs
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
we will miss ya Max!

cbrahs
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
sponsors as of today 4-13

Melloy Dodge
Don Chalmers Ford (bringing their huge grill to burn burgers and dogs)
Galles Chevrolet
HDR Diesel
High Desert Ravelco
Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho
Silly Chili's Ice Cream Co.
Flash Automotive
Rods and Rides Magazine
Lazarsmith
TriState Printing
Genesis Signs
New Mexico Offroad League
Outlaw Desert Racing
Excel Manufacturing (cnc machining the trophies)
WECKS- KILLER breakfast burritos!
FASS fuel systems (going to auction off a system and donate the money to the cause)

XLR8R
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I bet this year's 10K will be even more fun than last year!

LazarSmith is donating billet bling, engine bay goodies and gift certificates from our store to the class winners - so all you street heroes, road warriors and John Force bench-racers ante up, strap down and show how to Git-R-Dun! [roll]

CD in NM
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Just a month away guys and gals . . time to put this event on your calendars and plan your trip.

I will be there for IMMORAL SUPPORT.

I look forward to seeing everyone from the past events and also hoping to see somenew faces/trucks too.

and Max -you WILL be MISSED.

CD

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanx CD, I almost want to skip the wedding to get my truck on the rollers :o [laugh] [laugh] .

cbrahs
04-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Ran across the owner of WECKS today at Dions. CD came into town and met her and Kathy at Dions. Saw him standing in line to grab some grub with his wife. He came up to me and said they are very happy to help again with breakfast burritos!

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
The Burritos Were Delicious!!!

cbrahs
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
you need to just come to the event. maybe I will sneak into tucumcarri and tamper with ol red so you miss the weddin. lol

XLR8R
04-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a plan, Chris - then when we come into town for the dyno I'll tinker on Ol Red so she can carry Max back home in June for our wedding! [coffee]

cbrahs
04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Right on Mike. I think we have a plan. Max your screwed! LOL

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
^^ sounds like in more ways then one.......

cbrahs
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
well it is going to be a good turnout. looking forward to it and I think you need to put the ol red girl on the rollers since the new turbo, exhaust and sticks.

don't think it is peer pressure but I think you are a woosy for missin the event! LOL [coffee]

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey, at least I am sending two NM ppl your way..

Trying to support from a distance :)

Don't be alarmed if I call you mid even Saturday to ask about the event. Have fun and be safe.

After some tuning on ol red this afternoon I have something wrong, it's not pulling as hard as it should?? I am confused.

XLR8R
04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Got that new FCA in yet?

Loss of rail psi makes the truck feel a bit slower at max fueling (RP gauge acts likes an accelerometer)... did you change SW to one w/less commanded pressure?

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll PM ya so I don't completely hack this thread ;)

XLR8R
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Good idea - could turn into a Boat Thread any minute... [laugh]

cbrahs
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
heres the poster boys/gals

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/07mega/3rd%20annual%20dyno%20day/3rdAnnual10000lbfttorque2010.jpg

RowJ
04-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Chris, Just found this. Did not hear about event till about a week ago when Max mentioned he could not make it.... on DTR TX #8.

Trying to get plans changed but as of now....have to be here that weekend!
Sorry to miss it. Lots of fun last year.

RJ

cbrahs
04-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Its ok. Row! Hope you can make it but we always have next year brother.

cbrahs
04-30-2010, 10:32 AM
we will have 1 more revision. Bob Wagner is on board and getting his logo onto the poster tonight.

Here is the latest, will repost the final tomorrow when the printer gets Bobs logo onto the poster.

THANK YOU BOB!!!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/07mega/3rd%20annual%20dyno%20day/3rdAnnual10000lbfttorque2010.jpg

wyododge
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey Chris,

Great poster, sounds like you are gonna have a great event this year. I will be there is spirit with ya brother. Gonna be in ND raping mother earth. But we'll be thinking of ya while we are bringing up that ohhh sooo important petroleum to keep you guys a rollin!!!

It definitely looks like your hard work is gonna pay off!! Cheers for you and all that you do for those who have given so much for our great nation.

Prayers all around!!

cbrahs
05-01-2010, 01:04 PM
thank you brother! maybe next year you will get down here and dram Steve with ya!

cbrahs
05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Here is the final poster. THANK YOU BOB for coming onboard!

FASS is going to donate a pump for auction
WECKS is donating breakfast burritos
Don Chalmers is bringing the trailer mounted BBQ to burn tube steak and bringing a new truck to run on the dyno
EXCEL is manufacturing trophies
Lazarsmith is manufacturing trophies and bringing killer items for sale
Rods and Rides Magazine is going to do an article on the event
NAPA auto parts is bring shirts and goodies
Tri State printing created the poster
Einstein Computers created the website www.familiesoffallensoldiers.org
Genesis Signs created a new tailgate wrap and window wrap for the black bucket
Line X giving discounts on spray in liners
Galles Chevrolet- bringing a new truck to run on the dyno
Melloy Dodge- Bringing a new truck to run on the dyno
Flash Automotive- Hosting the event
HDR Diesel- creator of the event
Rent n Go Rio Rancho- GREAT tire/wheel display
Pan American Financial services- AWESOME MERCHANT SERVICES PROVIDER! NONE BETTER!
New Mexico Offroad League- Supports ALL offroad and truck events! DON”T MISS ANY OF THEIR SHOWS!
Silly Chilis Ice Cream- Going to try to bring an ice cream truck for the kids!
SMARTY- Helping with food and creator of the best tuner around for the Dodge trucks! GET SMARTIED!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS!

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Heck ya. . . .

XLR8R
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Heck ya squared! [roll]

cbrahs
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
max for some reason i can't find your email. pm it to me and will email you a copy of the poster. (unless i clicked on your name in my address book and don't remember! LOL)

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
05-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Chris I saw the poster on FaceBook. How much are the videos this go around, I may just send ya a check for one and maybe some supporting $$

cbrahs
05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
don't know if we are going to have someone video this year. was a TOTAL pain in the butt last year (took 9 months to get the video) and to be honest, it sucked. I know there will be people with cameras taking tons of photos, will gather them up on a disc and burn ya one brother.

CD in NM
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm going to bring my camera and take some pics, I'll e-mail them to you Chris. Probably WOULD be better than last year's video crew, eh? But it is a nice video as it is, could have been better, but better than nothing.

CD

XLR8R
05-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey Chris,

LazarSmith is going to donate a dyno slot to the event as well - I was thinking maybe a raffle or something?
Proceeds could go right to the charity, and most folks might think a few bucks or a fiver is worth a shot at a slot on the rollers...

Got a roached FCA and/or CP3 on the truck we're bringing, so no sense for us to strap down.

wyododge
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey Chris,

Just found out, my rig is gonna be down for 3 weeks, Annual inspections and some equipment install. Right now there are no other rigs to go to so I may be able to sneak out...

I really want a spray in bed liner too.

I'll keep ya posted, cross your fingers. Sounds like a total blast!!!

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
05-05-2010, 01:17 AM
would you be making the trek from Wyoming??

That would mean NM, TX, AZ, CO, WY, OK, and more? in attendance. What a great event this is that you are putting on Chris. :)

cbrahs
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Mike- That sounds great! we can do $5 a ticket for a free pull?

Jeff- GIT R DUN! red bull and smokes. be here!

Max- that would be great to see that many states show for the event! Hearing some nasty rumors on other forums from keyboard tough guys but if they don't want to come and support such a cause, then they don't have to show up. no skin off my back

cbrahs
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey Chris,

Just found out, my rig is gonna be down for 3 weeks, Annual inspections and some equipment install. Right now there are no other rigs to go to so I may be able to sneak out...

I really want a spray in bed liner too.

I'll keep ya posted, cross your fingers. Sounds like a total blast!!!

if you come all the way down and wanna roll the ol girl, I will buy your entry! Crash at my place, going to be a bit packed but no sense in gettin a hotel room!

smooky
05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
cant wait to see what my truck finally does,i will definitly be there. i threw the poster up on my facebook page hopefully to get more people involved

cbrahs
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
registration is day of event. $55 per truck gets 3 pulls. no pre-registration required. spread the word

wyododge
05-06-2010, 01:34 PM
would you be making the trek from Wyoming??

That would mean NM, TX, AZ, CO, WY, OK, and more? in attendance. What a great event this is that you are putting on Chris. :)

Well that was the plan anyway...

if you come all the way down and wanna roll the ol girl, I will buy your entry! Crash at my place, going to be a bit packed but no sense in gettin a hotel room!

Should have kept my darn mouth shut and just showed up!!!!

Just got word they passed on the annual inspection till the next rig move. [verymad]

Looks like they are shipping my tool kit up on Saturday, I'll be heading up to ND on Sunday or Monday. Probably won't be back till sometime in June.

Sorry guys, I'll just have to be there is spirit this time. :(

XLR8R
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Mike- That sounds great! we can do $5 a ticket for a free pull?

Jeff- GIT R DUN! red bull and smokes. be here!

Max- that would be great to see that many states show for the event! Hearing some nasty rumors on other forums from keyboard tough guys but if they don't want to come and support such a cause, then they don't have to show up. no skin off my back

Sure - $5 for a chance at 3 dyno runs ought to be worth it for anyone that shows up with a vehicle! :cool:

cbrahs
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Well that was the plan anyway...

Should have kept my darn mouth shut and just showed up!!!!

Just got word they passed on the annual inspection till the next rig move. [verymad]

Looks like they are shipping my tool kit up on Saturday, I'll be heading up to ND on Sunday or Monday. Probably won't be back till sometime in June.

Sorry guys, I'll just have to be there is spirit this time. :(

DANG IT

cbrahs
05-08-2010, 03:41 PM
OK FOOD IS HERE!

Just got 308 hebrew national dogs
buns
chips
coke (diet, regular and dr. pepper)
water
ketchup and mustard

GOING TO BE FUN! BE THERE! SPREAD THE WORD!

cbrahs
05-08-2010, 03:54 PM
registration is $55 day of show. no preregistration needed. does not cost extra day of show. bring the entire family. NON ALCOHOLIC EVENT. Family oriented, kids will love to see the smoke rollin. $55 gets you entered and 3 pulls.

FASS has donated a pump that we are going to auction off. Silent auction.
Lazarsmith is donating an entry for a lucky winner $5 a ticket.
SMARTY donated money for food
WECKS donated breakfast burritos

hot dogs $1.50
sodas and water $1
chips $.50
breakfast burritos $5

This entire event is for the support of our soldiers and to show respect for the families that has lost a HERO during the current war. All proceeds go to Military Order of Purple Hearts to pay for travel and lodging expenses to receive their memorial.

XLR8R
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Suunds great - already thrashing to get ready... T-5 Days & counting!

cbrahs
05-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Carol is T-2.5 days from runnin! HURRY UP CAROL!

Can't wait to see the new toys on the truck!

XLR8R
05-13-2010, 07:52 AM
T-22 hours 'til launch! [roll]

cbrahs
05-13-2010, 08:38 AM
T-22 hours 'til launch! [roll]

Carol got hers runnin yesterday! I am gettin excited

XLR8R
05-13-2010, 10:38 AM
[laugh]
My heap is already running - just gonna wash it here this time... can you believe that the last time the silver truck got washed was at your place last year?! [tapdshut]

RowJ
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
[laugh]
My heap is already running - just gonna wash it here this time... can you believe that the last time the silver truck got washed was at your place last year?! [tapdshut]
I can believe it....
Noticed yesterday.... your beautiful aluminum wheels looked like you'd been "swamp buggying". :D

Chris - Have a fun, and profitable, weekend. See you next year!

RJ

cbrahs
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
[laugh]

last year at my place out in the stree!t! You kiddin! LOL!!!

lookin forward to seeing you next year Row! Might even be able to make it June 5th out the Texas for the festivites! [coffee]

03RAMBUNCTIOUS
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I hope the event is a HUGE success this year. I wish I could have made it up there.

RowJ
05-17-2010, 08:04 AM
....Might even be able to make it June 5th out to Texas for the festivites! [coffee]

Ah! Took a while to get that one but ..... just got my invitation! :)
Might have a 2010 needing a Ravelco by then!

Must have been a great event on Saturday .... no reports yet.
I'm assume everyone slept in all day Sunday![laugh]
Need pics and results, please!

RJ

XLR8R
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Almost everyone... had to drive back to TX. [yuk]

cbrahs
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Corey P. 06 dmax 360.3 hp
Andy B 06 cummins 464.3 hp
Cody F 01 f350 332.9hp
rent-n-go rio rancho 05 f350 357.3 hp
maynard O. 02 cummins 324.4 hp
evann d. 01 f350 318.6 hp
zach w 08 dodge 464.9 hp
travis L. 02 dodge 421.6 hp
Melloy Dodge 2010 Cummins 356.4
Justin R 02 f250 400.8 hp

These are the only ones I have. the rest were taken by the contestant. XLR8R has the results of the winners. (Mike can you post the results of the winners and which class)

XLR8R
05-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow, what a fun event again this year - and such a good cause for Veterans!

Thanks Chris for all your work & hospitality! :cool:

Not sure who won the dealer class, since they took off early - I only hope it was the Ford Scorpion 6.7L and not the BlueTec 6.7L that had to slink away in shame... :)

BONE STOCK - David H.
07 F350 6.0L 225 HP

He strapped his company work truck to the rollers and won prizes, awards & the raffle - he's for sure gonna be back next year, unless his boss finds out & pink slips him for roaching the tranny on time and half. [nonono]
At least he can use the LazarLites he won in his search for a new gig. [tapdshut]

MODIFIED - T.J. Giles
04 Ram 2500 469 HP

His combination of injectors, programmer & fueling box put his truck on top & forced the dyno operator to re-route the exhaust vents for the smokeshow.
Maybe next year T.J. will bring an aftermarket turbo & help save the planet. :cool:
The billet gauge mounting plate he won should make the EGT gauge visible enough to help him lift...

PRO STREET - Kris Smukula
03 Ram 2500 487 HP

He used a Super B Special to win this narrow class division - his CTD should be packing enough fuel next year to push the charger past 100Krpm, so the TIP Kit he won will help keep it together. [guitar]

UNLIMITED - James Perrings
03 Ram 3500 646 HP

He threw enough $$$ at his truck to make Jay Leno pay attention, and it paid off with a win for most power for the day (dang I wish we brought the LazarSmith Special - last year's 738 would've sent us home with the trophy [duhhh]).
Someone asked Jim what he had on his truck - "if I ain't got it, you don't need it"... he wasn't kidding either, since the traction bars he won Saturday were installed a year ago. [laugh]
Instead, he chose a boost/drive pressure manifold & related goodies to make tuning his pair of wastegated twins easy. [guitar]

Interesting how the 555 motors cleaned house at the dyno... probably would've won Bone Stock as well, except I don't know if there's any around that are still unmolested!

The CNC'd billet plaques that Chris made were very nice, and worth the run on the rollers all by themselves.

If you didn't make it there this year, mark it on your calendar for next year - it's one of the best events around!

CD in NM
05-17-2010, 11:11 PM
All I can say is that I had a GOOD TIME.

It was nice to spend a couple days with the GOOD PEOPLE who support our troops and enjoy their trucks. There were some really nice trucks that put out some GREAT POWER. All in all, a good time was had by all. Next year will surely be as much fun as this year and past years.

CD

smooky
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM
i had a blast,cant wait till next years event.hopefully next year i will remember the sunblock.

XLR8R
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the win, Kris!

We knew you had to be toasty from the sun, since it was a "dry" event.[coffee]

jdpiii
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
It was a blast.[guitar] (just got back in town)

Thanks Chris and company.

@XLR8R Shoulda, woulda, coulda!! [laugh] With your goodies installed, I might just give you a run next year...[tapdshut]

XLR8R
06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Think I got all your goodies ready to go, Jim - lets talk next week before I send them out. :cool:

jdpiii
06-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Awesome, will give you a call.

Jim