Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone use the Skyjacker track bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use the Skyjacker track bar?

Skyjacker adjustable trackbar

Considering upping my lift.

I have the D25 springs. Thinkin either stack the spacer(2") to make it a 4.5" or just sell my D25 stuff and get the 4.5" springs.

I was thinkin, get the DT 1/2" longer control arms. I'm told that is what you need for a 4.5" lift

Then just get the Skyjacker Add-a-leaf kit. Which I assume is 2 or 3"

The only thing I need is a trackbar. I think. Not sure if I need a drop pitman arm.

For the trackbar, anyone use the the Skyjacker adjustable? Any good?

I also see the DT track bar and the Thuren track bar.

Whats the best option? Do I need a pitman arm?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

If it's anything like their drop bracket then it's the biggest POS in the world.

My 4.5" came with the same size pitman arm. The only difference is that the taper where the tie rod connects is flipped on the new one. Factory goes in through the top of the pitman arm and the new one goes in through the bottom. I think a new one is like $40-60.

I'd stay away from the DT track bar. It's a good bar but not good parts. I'm on my 3rd, soon to be 4th heim joint from them in a year. I highly recommend the thuren bar.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:34 PM

I have one, it was on the truck when I bought it. Its welded on to the frame. No troubles here. I would check out thuren fab. I have heard of people being impressed with the work.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:23 PM

i have a skyjacker lift kit and have had some problems. it's a pretty harsh ride too over stuff like washboard. i know dropping my tire pressure would help but then there goes fuel milage. anyway, can i replace my skyjacker track bar with a thuren? don't know too much about suspension mods, my truck came with it.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

Yup. Thuren makes a track bar for 4"+ lifts.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM

The Skyjunker track bar is HORRID

So much so that there is a SJ Track bar hate club on pavementsucks.com

I'm a card carrying member........it's that bad. Spend your money once, get the Thuren bar. I have over 40K on mine and it's still tight.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:22 AM

I have a skyjacker track bar on my 99 1500 ram with 7" of lift. After a couple modifications to the frame mount it works fine. I have had in on there for about 3 years and have had to replace the heim once.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:27 AM

Had a Skyjacker trackbar drop bracket on my 360... worst. part. [sic]evar.

Actually, I'll go as far as saying I'll never own a piece of Skyjacker equipment as long as I am alive... (maybe in the afterlife)

I currently have a Moog adjustable bar on my Cummins... so far so great!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:22 PM

I have the skjacker 4.5" lift I bought used with full rear leaf package. I run billstine 5100 and 5150 shocks front and rear. The truck rides smoother then most cars.
you will need a drop pitman arm, drop line for the 4x4 hard vacume lines to the front axel (maybe I have a CAD unit) and relocation brackets for your break lines. also longer vent tubes for the front diff. The rear break line I just bent down some and I tied up the proprotioning valve(removing soon when I isntall stainless break line) The rear springs add a leaf or full packs are leveling so the truck in my opinion sits lower in the back then the front. I added 1" block and the bottom thick/flat spring from the original pack to the skyjacker pack.

As far as track bars go I run solid steels 03 conversion and the adjustable track bar (needed because of the lift) Works great with bairly noticeable bump steer from time to time on really bad roads. Just make sure you get your bottom track bar bolt tourqed to 175foot pounds or whatever it is. I had mine come loose and fall out! doh. We run this setup on both of our trucks. I like it alot. And to whoever said the ride is very harsh. try diffrent shocks. both our or trucks rode like they had no suspension with the BDS and skyjacker shocks untill I replaced them with the billstines.